Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:56 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 935, Morning Tweet wrote:off the bat
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:02 pm

Post by staypositivefriend »

Gypyx had an extremely awkward progression on Cheetory over the last ~12 hours or so

He unvotes MWB, saying that he wants to trust peoples meta on them, and then switches to Cheetory because of "what has been said so far"
In post 608, Gypyx wrote:well, i'm gonna trust the peoples with meta on mwb so far VOTE: Cheeotry

cuz what has been said so far + this post
In post 428, Cheetory6 wrote:I'm not gonna not vote someone if I think their posting is scummy-looking just because it comes right after a vote on me. Lol.
overjustificaton imo
That's extremely vague reasoning, but it isn't inherently alignment indicative. The issue is that when Gypyx is prompted to give an example of "what has been said", he cites a post that I made:
In post 612, Gypyx wrote:mostly thinking about from SPF when saying that

i know that's an answer, but idk, it just sounds really focused on not getting heat?

idk if my 7 in the morning brain makes sense tbh
The issue with him citing Post #581 as a justification for his vote on Cheetory is that #581 was not a scumread on Cheetory by any means, and three posts after, I actually ended up saying that I
townread
the way that Cheetory responded to me. It's hard to believe that Gypyx missed that fact.

When I pointed out Gypx's inconsistency, he gave me this response:
In post 623, Gypyx wrote:
In post 621, staypositivefriend wrote:
In post 620, staypositivefriend wrote:
In post 608, Gypyx wrote:well, i'm gonna trust the peoples with meta on
mwb
so far VOTE: Cheeotry

cuz what has been said so far + this post
In post 428, Cheetory6 wrote:I'm not gonna not vote someone if I think their posting is scummy-looking just because it comes right after a vote on me. Lol.
overjustificaton imo
what's MWB?
oh, you must be referring to midwaybear

i'm not sure i love you piggybacking off of the read i outed on cheeotry when it wasn't even strictly a scumread, and when i openly townread the way that they responded to me
yeah isn't my brightest vote ever, i'll let you SR me for that yeah lol

but like, if they're not to get peoples to follow your vote, what's the point of outing reads anyways?
This is
fine
, and I decided to back off of Gypyx at this point to give him some breathing room and to see if his read on Cheetory would develop further.

12 hours later, Gypyx comes into the thread with this post:
In post 767, Gypyx wrote:Sup y'all

Iv has a TR on mwb so imma leave him be UNVOTE:

Dunno where to go next though
This is awkward in the sense that Gypyx's vote at the time was on Cheetory and not on MWB, but Gypyx presents his unvote as though he had suddenly become convinced to back off of MWB, even though
he had already
backed off of and unvoted MWB on post #609. I hate the way that Gypyx presents his choice to unvote Cheetory as actually being about MWB - it feels like he's trying to absolve himself of responsibility for his vote on Cheetory by deflecting to something completely irrelevant.

When I pair this with the fact that Gypyx proceeds to vote for Zaiden on #774, it gives off the impression that Gypyx is not actually invested in his solving and is more concerned with how his image is being perceived than he is with parsing the alignments of the people that he's interacting with. This isn't a slam-dunk case, but it's more than enough to make me want to put a lot more pressure on Gypyx
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Spoiler: pages 21-26
i see at least Cakes and midway are concerned PB was getting reads too easily, i was slightly plus town on his rapid fire confident reads and general attitude he's displayed so far, like expecting to be nightkilled and all that
In post 567, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 560, MURDERSUNNY wrote:Lol I was TR'd that whole game and nailed Shelly, Titus and DGB as scum. I didn't have to effort, I had already caught the scum.
LOL @ TR'D THE WHOLE GAME
LMFAFO IM SORRY BUT LOL

i am inclined to agree with SPF's reevaluation of PrivateI in , at least with the idea that the reactions to Private were probably excessive.

doesn't come off as a very good post by Gypyx to me. it's like he's being careful to justify what he's doing every step of the way while accusing Cheetory of overjustifying something else. what i mean is it's just a weird by the numbers looking post to me: "I agree with this consensus townread, so ill vote X because this and this" and the reasoning is a tad forced imo. I might be wrong i guess and maybe Gypyx just doesnt have a more interesting read at the moment than that

Deeply curious where the Zaiden suspicion comes in later, so far my evaluation of him is that he's a tad stiff yeh but not in a way i'd draw a conclusion from yet. on his

i think Cheet's approach to Zaiden is a good look for him and on

highlighting Noraa :
In post 651, Noraa wrote:This post pinged horribly for me. It seems like a very good way to agree with a consensus TR but then also shade me and all of my reads. And all this rand town stuff is annoying. Feels like you don't wanna commit to a single read.
The player being talked about is Jake by SPF, i dont think it's unfair to put him at a very precursory slight town or slight scum level

I get the sense that youre making this up, like i lean a bit that this isn't your real thought process
In post 651, Noraa wrote:Wow im concerned now. I've never heard Dannflour's name in terms of playing mafia but ik they modded a lot. I expect better reads than this from them and you tbh.
When I saw this, I immediately started thinking that you were scum pushing Private and me. To be honest, I agree Private's post was scummy but it was also extremely LHF-y and from my experience, the mish mash mods can sometimes be full time LHF.

Imma go ahead and say
Town: Noraa, Gypyx, Private
Scum: Jingle, Midwaybear, SPF (with Jingle being the strongest SR)
How does that translate into a Private townread? And to go further, why does PrivateI being a mishmash mod really play into anything, and why did you want to meta them based on their single post earlier?
In post 651, Noraa wrote:Hey Wanna and Pooky .... is this public flirt fest necessary?
Why do you care about players fluffing about the thread all of a sudden this game?

i do worry a bit that im becoming confirm biased, but this catch up post ingeneral doesnt say anything that i feel really hard that Noraa would actually believe
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

i love doing that
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Spring Breeze »

fairly sure cheetory is town now. zaiden, less so, but i'd like to believe he is. not sure what questions he has on me/pooky that are being ignored, i'd be happy to answer them
@zaiden

not a fan of jingle's noraa case. very nitpicky > finding things that are scum-indicative, feels like. and it ends with a "Seems pretty obv to me that she's just making shit up to see what sticks." which reads unnecessarily overconfident.
In post 839, Jingle wrote:
If you're looking for scum Noraa meta, Ari pointed me at MafiaSunny for a stronger game and Booneytoonz14 for a weaker game. I would pull up a link, but I'm being lazy atm.
also did not like this, feel like he's using past games to look credible, but i'm not sure what his actual point with noraa is other than she might be good as scum
Kanna of The Four Seasons.
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Spring Breeze »

In post 851, Zaiden wrote:I have SpringBreeze at null because I think their reaction to me could also be annoyance, because I was calling them a simpathiser. But being annoyed is something both scum and town are capable of so I'm withholding my judgement for now. And the fact that no one else is calling them out made me think they're not doing what they're doing in bad faith either like I'd originally speculated.
what is the bad faith/thing that concerns you?
In post 851, Zaiden wrote:Such as Pooky and SpringBreeze and Nora since I'm struggling to understand their whimsical logic/statements and where they're coming from, even after I've tried to extract reactions from Pooky and SpringBreeze + information about them from others to no avail.
looking back at an older post, you also said you found my play confusing as well. what is confusing you? i've made content posts too and i'm not sure why you single pooky/me/noraa out
In post 857, staypositivefriend wrote:does anyone here townread pooky?
i do! (only a little bit though shhh) i heard pooky has good scumgame and i'm not sure what pooky is doing here as scum.
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by Spring Breeze »

In post 864, MURDERSUNNY wrote:
In post 807, Jingle wrote:It's not that she's being erratic, it's that she's taking stances I don't think she believes in. I agree that erratic is probably just a personality thing from the interactions we've had.
VOTE: Noraa

I like this
this concerns me

infinity has also said he's sussing you a bit because he thinks noraa is towny. i also thought jingle's case was pretty bad
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Spring Breeze »

In post 871, Morning Tweet wrote:Hi Pooky hi midway hi PB!

clidd isn't in the team discord so no headstart for me

hi Murderkitty!
morning, morning!! i'm kinda hurt you forgot to say hi to me but i'm glad to see you anyway!
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by Spring Breeze »

In post 898, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i like jingle/murdercat/mwb/pball/cheeto/noraa

kanna is hard-town for me.

my scumleans are spf/cakez
!!!!!1!
In post 904, Morning Tweet wrote:Pooky on a scale of 0 to soul mason, where is Kanna
you've seen in that other game, haven't you? pooky can see my heart even when we're not masons. whether pooky is scum or town, he's kinda forced to townread me when i do my towny soultells
Spring Breeze
Spring Breeze
Townie
Spring Breeze
Townie
Townie

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:24 pm

Post by Spring Breeze »

In post 908, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:if she flipped scum i might die inside
pooky don't worry i will not betray you!1!

infinity just said he agrees with me on the read that he doesn't know what scum!pooky is doing here. his play is a bit like one night stand (our last game with all three of us) now that i think of it

infinity also said i haven't expressed his opinions in the way they should be, and he sees noraa's towny soul. he feels good about it
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

IM SORRY KANNA I WAS SAYING HI TO PEOPLE WO SAID HI ON THE PAGE I PROMISE I DIDNT FORGET UUUUU
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 905, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:cakez scumlean is from him feeling a lot more confident than Antechamber, closer to Among Us. - I think this might be CakezScum2.0 that he upgraded to when Cabd gave him a bunch of tips about how to play the red alignment. He's feeling very strong - like a jungle gorilla hunting for prey almost.
I have feeling more confident in general lately
The shadow cabal flows through me
In post 912, staypositivefriend wrote:
In post 905, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:cakez scumlean is from him feeling a lot more confident than Antechamber, closer to Among Us. - I think this might be CakezScum2.0 that he upgraded to when Cabd gave him a bunch of tips about how to play the red alignment. He's feeling very strong - like a jungle gorilla hunting for prey almost.
thanks for explaining. i just skimmed through cakez's ISO and the only real issue i take w/them is that a lot of their reads feel like they come from the place of cakez's feeling "obligated" to take stances.
In post 235, SirCakez wrote:I think Jake's response to the wagon is moreso town knowing his history~

Zaiden's entrance looks town
Gamma needs to get something better then his Jake vote
I think SPF's more recent posts looked better

VOTE: spring breeze
cakez throws out a lot of stances here but none of them feel substantiated, and all of them feel like stances that could easily come from scum on auto-pilot

i'm also concerned that cakez's defense of zaiden is coming from a place of TMI, in the sense that his confidence that zaiden is town is not proportional to his reasoning in the slightest
I read on tone a lot and Zaidens tone is just screaming green at me
So yes I feel strongly
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Spoiler: 27-32
-
Noraa scum implies Private town strongly, i think she is townreading him way too hard

The rest of the post, enh. I agree with townvibes on cheet and SPF around that area. I think Gypyx is actively bad and Kanna im undecided. I'm not really sure what basis Noraa throws out the townreads on the last two exactly
In post 668, SirCakez wrote:Hi Morning Tweet
Hi cakes!
In post 670, Noraa wrote:
In post 668, SirCakez wrote:what does this mean?

Zaiden 635 reads super genuine

@Cheet why did you suddenly start efforting on page 26

Hi Morning Tweet
Disagree that Zaiden reads genuine literally anywhere.
It means Too scummy to be scum.
Noraa hasn't even mentioned Zaiden anywhere prior to this post (?) and he isnt in her scumreads. she's scumreading SS for something related to emoticons but not Zaiden
In post 687, Noraa wrote:No ok so Pooky says Nancy TRs me and Midway bear says that means that I am obvtown but not Nancy/Pooky.

This is just such a terribly weird perspective. It doesn't make sense at all.

From my perspective, I am town because role pm but Nancy/Pooky TRing me doesn't necessarily mean anything to me and doesn't determine their alignment.

But like an outsider should think that only if Nancy is town, am I town. Because if Nancy was scum and I was town, I am LHF that is easily SRed.

No. This reeks of TMI.
Midwaybear is scum. 100%
I got the impression he was being sarcastic
In post 694, SirCakez wrote:Ok but I don't feel like Zaiden opens this way as scum here
I sort of got that impression too but im not going to fight for it i dont think
In post 697, Something_Smart wrote:I also don't think it reads as especially genuine. Given Zaiden's teammates, I would imagine they could have coached him to make that post-- as either alignment.
I disagree with the opening being coached i dont see the point, but considering so many people seem to think this i might just be wrong / missing it
In post 702, SirCakez wrote:He hasn't played with anyone here before and he immediately starts dumping walls into the thread about how unsure he is and starts picking at players as scum? He is just inviting people to analyze him with his playstyle atm.
What is with y'all and coaching?
Maybe i'm not crazy after all, or maybe i'm scumsiding. I dunno. What is it about coaching that keeps getting brought up?
In post 729, Spring Breeze wrote:
In post 651, Noraa wrote:Hey Wanna and Pooky .... is this public flirt fest necessary?
surprised midway was the one to explain this, but yes, yes it absolutely is. i love pooky bear a lot <3

really liked that catch-up from noraa. feels genuine/good faith

ydrasse also dropped in and told me omgus'ing/townreading people feels like town!noraa energy. i feel good about that too
Is there something specific about it that seemed good faith to you? She used similar reasoning for each townread and every scumread either had no substance besides OMGUS or is the nightmare midway scumread

Also don't you find it odd Noraa is complaining about fluff to you?
In post 750, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 745, Cheetory6 wrote:do you feel as though you've been a pain in the ass to scum so far?
Absolutely; I throw at least 90% of correct and solid townreads early game and there's nothing that scum can do about it, other than discredit me, but there's no one in this playerlist who knows how to do that efficiently, other than Maria, Jingle and MAYBE Gamma (who had the chance to do it and didn't, so there's that).
this is the attitude from PB i usually associate more with town, when theres a player who adopts this kind of attitude D1 they're town in my limited large game experience
In post 777, Spring Breeze wrote:
In post 743, Pink Ball wrote:If you feel that I'm not being transparent with you at any point, feel free to call me out and I'll try to get better
i mean transparently because you seem to be holding a few cards against your chest with me. and to be transparent myself, i feel like in this playerlist, i think scum are more likely to push me, because i'm not blatant lhf so it doesn't look terrible, but i'm pretty easy to push. so if you could spill your thoughts on me if you still want me at the end of the day, that'll be great, okay? and engage with me if you're really trying to sort me please!

i reread the zaiden posts, and is it bad i want to townread him cause he's fun? however a lot of his reads aren't clicking for me although i'm not sure how to express this properly. not a fan at how he hedged around me. i'd be interested to see more from him and how he answers cheetory's questions
im a little surprised you liked Noraa's bundle of posts but are more neutral-scum on Zaiden.

HOILY FUCK THE ZAIDEN WALL

JEsus fucking christ

pedit: I see with regards to Zaiden, but are you able to explain more what looked good from Noraa by any chance Kanna
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by staypositivefriend »

In post 963, SirCakez wrote:
I have feeling more confident in general lately
The shadow cabal flows through me
In post 912, staypositivefriend wrote:
thanks for explaining. i just skimmed through cakez's ISO and the only real issue i take w/them is that a lot of their reads feel like they come from the place of cakez's feeling "obligated" to take stances.
In post 235, SirCakez wrote:I think Jake's response to the wagon is moreso town knowing his history~

Zaiden's entrance looks town
Gamma needs to get something better then his Jake vote
I think SPF's more recent posts looked better

VOTE: spring breeze
cakez throws out a lot of stances here but none of them feel substantiated, and all of them feel like stances that could easily come from scum on auto-pilot

i'm also concerned that cakez's defense of zaiden is coming from a place of TMI, in the sense that his confidence that zaiden is town is not proportional to his reasoning in the slightest
I read on tone a lot and Zaidens tone is just screaming green at me
So yes I feel strongly
i agree with you on zaiden - wanna vote gypx with me? how do you feel about the points i made on #953?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Yeah i can sheep you on gyp
VOTE: gyp
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:35 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I like spring breeze's recent posting better
I don't feel safe townbinning Cheet here
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by midwaybear »

Imagine if Gypyx and Nora were scum buddying.
petit: seemed real
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 804, Jingle wrote:And also sheeping reads on Maria herself.

Seems pretty obv to me that she's just making shit up to see what sticks.
This is pretty much Noraa's scum meta from two games of reference now
In post 807, Jingle wrote:It's not that she's being erratic, it's that she's taking stances I don't think she believes in. I agree that erratic is probably just a personality thing from the interactions we've had.
This is exactly what im trying to get at with regards to genuineness

im starting to feel sick. I have to evaluate the ensuing Cheet-Zaiden interactions but my knee jerk is usually to townread emotion and it's likely im going to end up townleaning both if i read it so enh. Another time
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by SirCakez »

It probably is real but Cheet would get salty regardless of alignment here
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 970, SirCakez wrote:It probably is real but Cheet would get salty regardless of alignment here
I don’t think he thinks of saying that as scum.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Why not
Zaiden called him an asshole I'd be offended too
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:45 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 814, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 804, Jingle wrote:Noraa has played exactly one game with me. One game in which shellyc was both town and scum and I got shot due to a mod error on N2. Noraa herself says she doesn't know shit about Dann. And yet... I'm a strong scumread on the basis of BoP.
What game was this?
midwaybear wrote::(
VOTE: Jake
I think Gamma is town, and I do think Jake's fixation around Gamma is scummy (I think this is what Zaiden sees?).

@Jingle I think Noraa's town play is extremely erratic and can appear pretty scummy. I have no clue if her scum game is similar to this, but these sort of wild reads are generally what I would expect.
Fixation, as in Gamma has been the main topic I've talked about?
Hm
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Why am I your main topic Jake?
Don’t recall anything like this during smoke-filled-antechamber
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”