hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

I could roll with a Netlava lynch if the wind moved that way.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Sineish
Sineish
Goon
Sineish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by Sineish »

Battle Mage wrote:
Netlava wrote:L-2, and I'm leaning not scum on Dynamo. I'll wait and see what other people think before voting (if necessary)
HoS: Netlava

The only reason this isnt a vote is because this could well be a typo.
I don't get it, what particularly are you saying could be a typo?
Cream147 wrote:You seriously think that Dynamo is still scum?
Do you mean 'still think that Dynamo is scum?' Players can't usually change sides halfway through.
Battle Mage wrote:his attempt to kind of breadcrumb is a rather lazy attempt to make himself look good.
Yes, this looks more to me like newbie scum than newbie town.
DynamoXI wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:DynamoXI, claim or die.
My claim: Swiss Townie. And Ill be eating this swiss cheese till I die just like I said on page one.
He says this as though he thinks it will clear him, yet the 'Swiss Cheese' bit is so obviously grabbed from the mod's 'Still Alive' flavour text in post 1, and Swiss Townie is the only public role known. It just looks like something an inexperienced player would do as scum.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

Netlava for what reason did your noob town read on dyanmo change to scum
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
DynamoXI
DynamoXI
Townie
DynamoXI
Townie
Townie

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:04 pm

Post by DynamoXI »

Sineish wrote:He says this as though he thinks it will clear him, yet the 'Swiss Cheese' bit is so obviously grabbed from the mod's 'Still Alive' flavour text in post 1, and Swiss Townie is the only public role known. It just looks like something an inexperienced player would do as scum.
No I wasnt saying this as if will still clear me. Someone above me posted saying claim or die, so I complied. If I wanted to save myself I would have post ed a more indepth response as to why I am a Swiss Townie. The Flavor I added was from 2 things, one of which I can't say, and the other was being an allusion to one of my posts on page one where i said "This swiss cheese tastes good" or something along those lines.

And just out of curiousity, how is posting flavor something that would be a scumtell (Im actually legit curious because Ive never been called out for using flavor befor).
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Netlava »

Hmm, this is a bit disappointing. I announced my intentions clearly enough. It's not a typo - I don't actually think Dynamo is scum. Sometimes, though, I vote people who I don't think are scum simply for the sake of a lynch. Tis just a playstyle.

But since this is regarded as scummy, then that's fine, I'm won't be doing this in the future. I'll just let my vote sit uselessly on someone who I do think is scummy. I'll gladly wagon my current suspects though (Cass, earthworm, hasdgfas, cephrir, and pimhel).

Unvote, vote: cass

I like cass's, cephrir's, and hasdgfas's recent reactions *cough* scum *cough*
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Battle Mage wrote:Ugh, i just reread Dynamo and im really not sure. Half of me says that he fits the profile of frustrated townie perfectly, the other says that his laziness is scummy, because someone protown would jump at the chance to defend themselves, and that his attempt to kind of breadcrumb is a rather lazy attempt to make himself look good.

Frankly, I don't see how anyone can really CONDEMN his lynch, except for the fact that there are probably scummier people out there. Armlx feels a bit off to me, and Erratus Apathos seems like a good lynch regardless of Dynamo's affiliation.

for the purposes of clarity
Vote: EA
although at deadline, i will hammer Dynamo if nothing changes dramatically in the votes.
Oh gee, you don't see how I can condemn his lynch? Because I only plastered my explanation all over my past few posts, nice reading skills there Oprah. Instead you pretend like I didn't post a reason (bullshit) and then decide that I therefore don't have a reason (bullshit within bullshit) so you say my stance on Dynamo couldn't possibly be pro-town, all while your amazingly pro-town stance on Dynamo is 100% waffle (bullshit within bullshit within bullshit).

And I'd be a moron to not also mention how BM conveniently ignores others who oppose a Dynamo lynch. Cream and Cephrir also took the stance that townies can't take, why doesn't he attack them too? You think I'm the easiest target, don'tcha opportunistic scum?

Unvote, Vote: Battle Mage

Netlava wrote:Hmm, this is a bit disappointing. I announced my intentions clearly enough. It's not a typo - I don't actually think Dynamo is scum. Sometimes, though, I vote people who I don't think are scum simply for the sake of a lynch. Tis just a playstyle.

But since this is regarded as scummy, then that's fine, I'm won't be doing this in the future. I'll just let my vote sit uselessly on someone who I do think is scummy. I'll gladly wagon my current suspects though (Cass, earthworm, hasdgfas, cephrir, and pimhel).

Unvote, vote: cass

I like cass's, cephrir's, and hasdgfas's recent reactions *cough* scum *cough*
The vote didn't strike me as scummy, but the way you're looking to take the path of least resistance when confronted about it does.
FoS: Netlava
Do you want your possessions identified?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

rofl. EA, rather than respond to your post in full, i'm gonna save you some embarrassment, and simply say, you are stabbing shadows. But my vote stands. Anyone with THAT emotive a response, has something to hide.

And for future reference, if you dont understand why somebody is attacking you, it might be advisable to ask, lest you look quite the fool. :D

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
earthworm
earthworm
Townie
earthworm
Townie
Townie

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:42 pm

Post by earthworm »

I'm going to go ahead and
FOS Netlava
, because he's done other things I didn't like, in addition to the scummy actions that have already been brought up. But I don't think a Netlava lynch is going to happen today, and I think lynching Dynamo will give us more information and is probably more likely to get scum, so I'm leaving my vote on him. (Although I'm not quite so sure anymore, after EA's argument, which seems pretty valid to me.)
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:21 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Battle Mage wrote:rofl. EA, rather than respond to your post in full, i'm gonna save you some embarrassment, and simply say, you are stabbing shadows.
Spare me the fucking chivalry, embarrass me all you want. As if I'm going to be embarrassed to be proven wrong in a Mafia game anyways. I'd better not show my face on MS any more, or else everyone will laugh at me because I was wrong that one time!!!
Battle Mage wrote:But my vote stands. Anyone with THAT emotive a response, has something to hide.
Oh of course, it's pro-town for me to oppose a Dynamo lynch as long as I'm quiet and passive about it, that makes sense. Perchance am I the first non-robot with whom you've played Mafia?
Battle Mage wrote:And for future reference, if you dont understand why somebody is attacking you, it might be advisable to ask, lest you look quite the fool. :D

BM
I used the "say something ambiguous, then call the misinterpreter stupid" gag all the time when I was 12 years old too.
Do you want your possessions identified?
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:56 pm

Post by Cass »

Netlava wrote:Hmm, this is a bit disappointing. I announced my intentions clearly enough. It's not a typo - I don't actually think Dynamo is scum. Sometimes, though, I vote people who I don't think are scum simply for the sake of a lynch. Tis just a playstyle.

But since this is regarded as scummy, then that's fine, I'm won't be doing this in the future. I'll just let my vote sit uselessly on someone who I do think is scummy.
So, uhm. You don't think Dynamo is scum, in fact you don't even think he's scummy. You just vote him for the sake of a lynch. What?

So you think trying to get a townie lynched is more useful than voting for a scummy player? Sir, your logic baffles me. I'm not even sure it's scummy, it just makes no sense at all.
FoS Netlava

FTR: I don't think your "useless" vote on me is particularly scummy, but all the switching around of your vote for weak and/or illogical reasons is beginning to feel kinda wishy-washy.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:00 pm

Post by Cass »

earthworm wrote:I'm going to go ahead and
FOS Netlava
, because he's done other things I didn't like, in addition to the scummy actions that have already been brought up. But I don't think a Netlava lynch is going to happen today, and I think lynching Dynamo will give us more information and is probably more likely to get scum, so I'm leaving my vote on him. (Although I'm not quite so sure anymore, after EA's argument, which seems pretty valid to me.)
Quoted this post for later reference. This sounds a bit like preparing for tomorrow's lynch, while leaving a backdoor open in case Dynamo flips town.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Cream147 »

Cream147 wrote:You seriously think that Dynamo is still scum?
Do you mean 'still think that Dynamo is scum?' Players can't usually change sides halfway through.
I noticed that gramatical error after sending the message but I didn't think it was worth an EBWOP.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:40 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Erratus Apathos wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:rofl. EA, rather than respond to your post in full, i'm gonna save you some embarrassment, and simply say, you are stabbing shadows.
Spare me the fucking chivalry, embarrass me all you want. As if I'm going to be embarrassed to be proven wrong in a Mafia game anyways. I'd better not show my face on MS any more, or else everyone will laugh at me because I was wrong that one time!!!
You certainly seem to be getting pretty wound up about it. Why is that?
Also, watch your language. If there ARE 12 year olds playing, i dont think it's appropriate that you behave like a violent sex-offender.
EA wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:But my vote stands. Anyone with THAT emotive a response, has something to hide.
Oh of course, it's pro-town for me to oppose a Dynamo lynch as long as I'm quiet and passive about it, that makes sense. Perchance am I the first non-robot with whom you've played Mafia?
ugh. You still havent even grasped why my vote is on you. Although it doesnt really matter because, it is staying. :P

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:44 am

Post by armlx »

I don't like how BM's defense doesn't answer the issues and just says he can.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:I don't like how BM's defense doesn't answer the issues and just says he can.
Defense? Oh! You mean defence? :P

The reason you may not like my defence, is because said defence does not exist. There is very little defence against an attack whose premise is completely flawed.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:57 am

Post by armlx »

The reason you may not like my defence, is because said defence does not exist. There is very little defence against an attack whose premise is completely flawed.
I don't get it. Are you deliberately trying to deflect attention with spelling errors?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
I don't get it. Are you deliberately trying to deflect attention with spelling errors?
humour and logic are not mutually exclusive you know. :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:25 am

Post by armlx »

humour and logic are not mutually exclusive you know. Very Happy
But you are trying your hardest to make them so right now. Go ahead, prove EA wrong.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Netlava »

earthworm wrote:I'm going to go ahead and
FOS Netlava
, because he's done other things I didn't like, in addition to the scummy actions that have already been brought up.
This is scummy. Somehow earlier things that you specifically didn't find scummy are now considered scummy. What are the scummy things you didn't like btw? I don't recall you finding anything scummy about my play.
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Citizen Karne »

Hello, all. There were some unexpected computer problems on my end. I
do
apologize for my lack of content, and am currently reading what I missed.
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by Citizen Karne »

Also, I strongly believe Netlava to have tried to bus Dynamo, and to have failed miserably. In my mind, we may have just caught two scum.

Also, EA's vote on BM seems quite OMGUS to me, and BM's play, while frustrating, seems just like Battle Mage being Battle Mage.

I feel we should lynch Dynamo today, and if he turns scum,
very seriously consider
lynching Netlava tomorrow. I am also willing to do this vice versa, but would prefer Netlava to be lynched first.
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by armlx »

I think regardless of what he turns Net is a seriously good lynch candidate tomorrow.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

armlx wrote:I think regardless of what he turns Net is a seriously good lynch candidate tomorrow.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by raider8169 »

Citizen Karne wrote:Also, I strongly believe Netlava to have tried to bus Dynamo, and to have failed miserably. In my mind, we may have just caught two scum.

Also, EA's vote on BM seems quite OMGUS to me, and BM's play, while frustrating, seems just like Battle Mage being Battle Mage.

I feel we should lynch Dynamo today, and if he turns scum,
very seriously consider
lynching Netlava tomorrow. I am also willing to do this vice versa, but would prefer Netlava to be lynched first.
Why would you say we need to lynch Dynamo today and then say you prefer Netlava to be lynched first?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:58 am

Post by Korts »

armlx wrote:I think regardless of what he turns Net is a seriously good lynch candidate tomorrow.
Remember where you said (elsewhere) basing someone's alignment on another's reveal upon lynch is not setting up lynches? Well, you're not basing it on a lynch result right now. You've just advanced from null to minor scumminess, congrats. A readthrough on you will come along with the BM analysis.
Korts wrote:
Cass wrote:Hi, I still agree we should lynch Dynamo. Yes, I have seen townies do something like what he did, but scum as well. And he doesn't show any inclination to help town or try to convince us to let him live.
I'm getting vaguely bad vibes from this. Will reread this tomorrow and try to find what's bothering me along with the BM post.
I think what may have bugged me about Cass' post was the fact that she posted "I'm still up for a Dynamo lynch" which is basically nothing more than a prod avoidance post. Maybe she was trying to fly under the radar, but I've seen posts from her since, so the point's irrelevant now.

BM thing coming up within the hour.
scumchat never die

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”