TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:15 pm

Post by the worst »

ok this is a one sided dialogue unless you want self meta or an irl excuse

pedit: indeed, basically what oka said. I've...actually been pretty vocal about my strong reads? I just don't have many
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:16 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

lol just noticed worst has JV as a top 3 scumread
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:16 pm

Post by the worst »

honestly I feel like I've been a fair bit less agreeable than normal? what have you the impression I was too agreeable in this game
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:17 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1551, OkaPoka wrote:lol just noticed worst has JV as a top 3 scumread
like I said, I don't disagree with the read. I don't think their absence is a tell.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:17 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

ive been agreeing with so many people this game im starting to get worried but ahhh last time i agreed this much good things happened until it didnt
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:19 pm

Post by the worst »

I feel like this plist is kind of agreeable in general (ABR pops up once every few pages and says nothing and points in a direction and people aren't alarmed at that. lol) - forming townblocks is unlikely to end well.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:21 pm

Post by the worst »

actually I should be more fair. there's a few fairly notable disputes (agar/Titus, hop/unwnd jump to mind) and other than those a lot of people feel kinda low energy.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:23 pm

Post by Dannflor »

like I remember you pushing JV and like calling them scum to their face, but I don't really remember you trying to get others to join your cause?

I was looking for something a little more than the reads list and more like... what is something you really want other people to get on board with

The closest I've seen is your reaction to the Agar wagon but even then it felt like a weak defense.
In post 1552, the worst wrote:honestly I feel like I've been a fair bit less agreeable than normal? what have you the impression I was too agreeable in this game
Okay, I mean it's also possible this impression I'm getting is a consequence of my own distance from the game. and maybe agreeable was the wrong word. sorry, maybe you're right about this being a one sided dialogue. I'll go back to reading you solo and I'll figure out where I come out and we can engage on that
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:24 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1557, Dannflor wrote:weak defense.
and by this I don't mean weak argument just like there wasn't as much time dedicated to it as I would've expected from you about something you feel strongly about

but if the simple answer to this is just like you're busy then I'll drop it
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:26 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1555, the worst wrote:I feel like this plist is kind of agreeable in general (ABR pops up once every few pages and says nothing and points in a direction and people aren't alarmed at that. lol) - forming townblocks is unlikely to end well.
yeah and I'm certainly not one to point fingers here

I just have a vision of your scum game being sickly sweet and agreeable and your town game being still nice and agreeable but not afraid to make big ducky splashes. but probably asking you to make big ducky splashes for me right now is not the way to approach this so... i digress
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:32 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

before i pretend to go to sleep its poe time

okapoka

hercule, hopkirk, unwnd, ceph

ducky, danny

a50? titus?

agar??? dunny???

iv, jv, xtoxm, uncrowned, dgb, abr, ythan

bruh there are still so manyyyyyyyyyy
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:32 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1557, Dannflor wrote:like I remember you pushing JV and like calling them scum to their face, but I don't really remember you trying to get others to join your cause?
why would I? I don't feel confident and other people are doing things I'm interested in too.
In post 1557, Dannflor wrote:I was looking for something a little more than the reads list and more like... what is something you really want other people to get on board with
unwnd town
DGB town (I don't understand what y'all aren't seeing)
I think I caught IV town fairly quickly? but everyone kind of worked it out while I was asleep
Xtoxm should be top wagon

again I have been vocal about these things.
In post 1557, Dannflor wrote:Okay, I mean it's also possible this impression I'm getting is a consequence of my own distance from the game. and maybe agreeable was the wrong word. sorry, maybe you're right about this being a one sided dialogue. I'll go back to reading you solo and I'll figure out where I come out and we can engage on that
I mean if you're trying to meta, just a reminder you've seen me play town in a large before. you've seen me scum in a large before, but not the earlygame. you were kinda inside my head in the last Team Mafia, too. :P
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:34 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1557, Dannflor wrote:The closest I've seen is your reaction to the Agar wagon but even then it felt like a weak defense.
why would I throw my weight against a wagon right at the start of D1 when I didn't have anyone I wanted cw'd? that's a patently terrible use of time
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:35 pm

Post by Dannflor »

okay thanks
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:37 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1559, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1555, the worst wrote:I feel like this plist is kind of agreeable in general (ABR pops up once every few pages and says nothing and points in a direction and people aren't alarmed at that. lol) - forming townblocks is unlikely to end well.
yeah and I'm certainly not one to point fingers here

I just have a vision of your scum game being sickly sweet and agreeable and your town game being still nice and agreeable but not afraid to make big ducky splashes. but probably asking you to make big ducky splashes for me right now is not the way to approach this so... i digress
I don't really think this is an accurate distinction between my towngame and scumgame Dann :< I am sickly sweet or splashy when I feel it as either alignment. I'm not gonna force it.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:38 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1562, the worst wrote:
In post 1557, Dannflor wrote:The closest I've seen is your reaction to the Agar wagon but even then it felt like a weak defense.
why would I throw my weight against a wagon right at the start of D1 when I didn't have anyone I wanted cw'd? that's a patently terrible use of time
I mean that's kind of what I was trying to get at

You thought Agar was making towny noises and JV was making scummy noises at the time

was there a reason you didn't want JV counter wagoned? or was it just a much less strong read than I thought it was
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:39 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 1565, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1562, the worst wrote:
I mean that's kind of what I was trying to get at

You thought Agar was making towny noises and JV was making scummy noises at the time

was there a reason you didn't want JV counter wagoned? or was it just a much less strong read than I thought it was
I can't even remember if I had a scumlean JV before I voiced discomfort at the agar wagon lol

either way I hadn't connected the two at that point so it would definitely be fair to say it wasn't (isn't) a particularly strong read
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:45 pm

Post by the worst »

re agar I felt...slightly towny? at the time. the wagon felt uncomfortably fast given agar was actually doing content.

my read has dipped because he clearly wants to be read a certain way (apply Ola's "dgb fakes reads" logic to like, every second thing agar posts) and that makes me feel like just defaulting to townleaning him off early tonal stuff is dangerous

Lilith actually has a really really strong read and vehemently disagrees with all of the town pings I've mentioned so I've resorted to kinda dropping him in null and hoping he's today's elim so I don't have to get him right : shifty:

if I was an unlimited-shot D1 desperado I think Lilith would learn how to control my mind and shoot agar 40 times
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:34 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Morning friends.

i don't get all this shade at the worst, don't think he's been unimpressive (ur always impressive to me!) or too agreeable.

will catch up at some point, have been putting off other games though so need to get to those first.
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:52 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

Trying to keep up. Been caught up in a lot of shit the last couple days.

Only updates thus far is Infinity really likes Unwnd whereas I'm not that sure

the worst is interesting i think he's been less townie than usual but i also wouldn't say he's been particularly scummy and i'm intrigued by what reasons people may have

idk if JV has been active since I lowkey disappeared but it's another case where my team likes them but i don't really. do agree that activity isn't really a tell for them i don't think though?

gonna try catch up now
-Uncrowned Alt
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:55 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 1497, OkaPoka wrote:also winterflakes seems to have an ABR townread
this is true
-Uncrowned Alt
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:57 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 1458, Dunnstral wrote:Winter Flakes: What do they mean by 1242? I don't think this game is that confusing.
confusing in the sense that we're struggling to come up with SRs that aren't overturned shortly after some interactions (this has happened for my team with JV, A50, Ceph, Hop) and so we're kinda in a weird spot atm

i do still have some slots i don't particularly love but my team disagrees with my reads so i'm a bit lost and my read accuracy my last few games has been kinda ass so i'm inclined to put faith in them
-Uncrowned Alt
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:00 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

so is it likely that AGar is town based on wagon movement? has that been discussed yet?
-Uncrowned Alt
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:02 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

i think hopkirk/dgb/dunn are all strongly town this game
-Uncrowned Alt
Winter Flakes
Winter Flakes
Goon
Winter Flakes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:03 am

Post by Winter Flakes »

In post 1419, the worst wrote:Yeah, Hopkirk is scum a fair while before unwnd.
big disagree
-Uncrowned Alt

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”