Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:23 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1702, Cheetory6 wrote:Can you pull posts that you feel look like genuine scumhunting from Jake's ISO?
, , , , , , , , .

Note that I don't townread Jake because his scumhunting looks genuine. I don't think that these posts can't come from scum. But I think the accusation that he hasn't scumhunted is pretty off-base.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:24 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1722, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:the scum team spent approximately 500 posts complaining to cakez about how incredibly townsided the setup was
:(

I'll have to look back at the review then.
This is a Parachute.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:25 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i clicked on each of these posts and am now even more confused about what you are talking about.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:25 am

In post 1712, midwaybear wrote:So did everybody just ignore PrivateI?
...Yes, pretty much. I can take a look at his catchup, if you'd like.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:27 am

In post 1722, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:the scum team spent approximately 500 posts complaining to cakez about how incredibly townsided the setup was
I don't think it was townsided ftr. Is this just because you got in the incredibly unlikely situation of almost having to deal with the thread confirm?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:28 am

In post 1724, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I've literally never been wrong on a soul-read in my life
Neither have I.

(I've never made one, at least not that I can recall.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:28 am

In post 1727, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i clicked on each of these posts and am now even more confused about what you are talking about.
This is at me? You don't think the Jake posts are scumhunting?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:30 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1729, Something_Smart wrote:
I don't think it was townsided ftr. Is this just because you got in the incredibly unlikely situation of almost having to deal with the thread confirm?
Eh. This conversation is probably better served in the Tenet thread.
This is a Parachute.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:31 am

In post 1729, Something_Smart wrote:

it wasn't that unlikely.

If the town had just hit Gypyx the game was basically GG town wins.

everyone in forward was orders of magnitude more townie than gyp - the only saving grace being that he had recently played one of the worst scum games of all time and people were using that to incorrectly meta-read him.

like we put FOUR scum in forward and still almost got completely cleaned out by Day 2 for the auto-win. If Bell hadn't crumbed his doctor role I'm pretty sure IC-Nacho would keep Brian/Titus from ever happening.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:32 am

In post 1725, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1702, Cheetory6 wrote:Can you pull posts that you feel look like genuine scumhunting from Jake's ISO?
, , , , , , , , .

Note that I don't townread Jake because his scumhunting looks genuine. I don't think that these posts can't come from scum. But I think the accusation that he hasn't scumhunted is pretty off-base.

I'm not sure what you're trying to show with these posts?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:35 am

Pooky, this is the context for that post:
In post 1687, Cheetory6 wrote:So Jake's engagement this game doesn't feel survivalistic to you without the much needed added component of genuine scumhunting going along with it?
Because to me it seems like Jake was only active in response to the wagon and the actual substance of their votes/scumreads is kind of just not really there.

The drop in activity afterwards really does nothing to affect the reading of the early on reaction?
In post 1700, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1687, Cheetory6 wrote:So Jake's engagement this game doesn't feel survivalistic to you without the much needed added component of genuine scumhunting going along with it?
It seems like he's scumhunting just fine to me.

Of course it's survivalistic, but that's not a bad thing. He's clearly been mis-exed before and is wary of it happening again.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:35 am

Cheetory said that Jake was just being survivalistic and not scumhunting; I countered that he was both being survivalistic and scumhunting. Those posts were my evidence of that.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:37 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1657, Something_Smart wrote:Dude was making casual quips about how he was definitely going to get mis-exed. And despite being self-professed LHF he has bit back significantly when challenged.
And this is townie because...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:39 am

He doesn't seem scared of messing up; he's not playing like he has a lot to lose, and he's also not trying to placate people or dodge suspicion.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:40 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I mean it feels like you're ignoring the "genuine" part of what I said?
If I had said "Jake has not even pretended to scumhunt" I could get the argument you're making for how this is a misrep but it feels like you dodged the entire point of the question and linked me every question Jake's asked in the thread. q_q
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

How would you describe how you usually find scumreads?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:48 am

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1738, Something_Smart wrote:He doesn't seem scared of messing up; he's not playing like he has a lot to lose, and he's also not trying to placate people or dodge suspicion.
He's not even posting anymore. Look at his most recent posts and tell me how you feel about him.
I don't really think what you said means much. You can just tack those on to most LHF-style player.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:54 am

In post 1739, Cheetory6 wrote:I mean it feels like you're ignoring the "genuine" part of what I said?
I'm not; I said that I don't think it's especially genuine-looking, but that doesn't mean it isn't genuine. It is reasonable enough that I have no reason to believe that it isn't genuine, which means I'm not concerned about it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:55 am

In post 1739, Cheetory6 wrote:If I had said "Jake has not even pretended to scumhunt" I could get the argument you're making for how this is a misrep but it feels like you dodged the entire point of the question and linked me every question Jake's asked in the thread. q_q
I mean, that's fair. That's kind of how I interpreted your claim, since it's not like we can know for sure whether scumhunting is genuine or not.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1741, midwaybear wrote:
In post 1738, Something_Smart wrote:He doesn't seem scared of messing up; he's not playing like he has a lot to lose, and he's also not trying to placate people or dodge suspicion.
He's not even posting anymore.
Look at his most recent posts and tell me how you feel about him.
I don't really think what you said means much. You can just tack those on to most LHF-style player.
S_S, I'd like to see your response to this, particularly the bold.
This is a Parachute.
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:49 am

Post by staypositivefriend »

In post 1622, Spring Breeze wrote: - spf; my teammate infinity says he mindmelds with her a lot, and i agree she's had good takes, but i don't think she's towntold enough for a townread. this maria post () still pings me; i still think is too logic leapy, and she expresses a townread on mariar for it which i think is unwarranted. i don't *think* i'm misunderstanding the point, or at least am too far off

- jake is lhf, but should absolutely not be townread by any stretch of the imagination

- gypx, i think is town. he's low effort solving, but still solving

- pink ball, i'm pretty self conscious that i'm an attractive push for scum, but i don't think i can in good faith call that a scum push. otherwise content is a lot of asking questions and short comments which is pretty null.
1. is this read on me not directly contradictory with your position here?
In post 536, Spring Breeze wrote:i really like spf so far; her deductions have been really good. unless i need to rethink, i think she's just town. agree with the noraa read and jake read.
you characterize me as town because my "deductions have been good", but in this post, you're saying that the deductions i've posted haven't been towny enough to warrant a townread. ....so, which one is it?

2. do you mind taking a more firm stance on jake here? we know that he's LHF - but does that mean that you scumread him? is jake a good hit today? i wanna hear your thought process about him

3. would you mind pointing me in the direction of some solving you've seen from gypx? the thing that's pinged me about him is a perceived lack of solving in his game

4. you characterized pink ball's treatment/push on you as "unfair" earlier in the game - how does pink ball treating you unfairly contrast with the idea that you think pink's push is in good faith? isn't it usually one or the other?

i know these are a lot of questions to throw at you, but i had some concerns w/some of the wording and the reads you outed in that post
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:50 am

In post 1742, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1739, Cheetory6 wrote:I mean it feels like you're ignoring the "genuine" part of what I said?
I'm not; I said that I don't think it's especially genuine-looking, but that doesn't mean it isn't genuine. It is reasonable enough that I have no reason to believe that it isn't genuine, which means I'm not concerned about it.
i agreed with this 72 hours ago, but jake has deflated to a ridiculous extent within the past couple of days. i don't know why that is, but it seems odd to bring up jake's ~genuine~ solving without also bringing up the fact that he hasn't solved for several real life days now
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:51 am

what did you think about his catch-up?
Zaiden
Zaiden
Goon
Zaiden
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:00 am

Post by Zaiden »

My bad, I genuinely missed PrivateI's post. Apologies PrivateI. It was between my final post at the end of the day before going to sleep and the back and forth between Jake and Gypyx so it got lost in there somewhere for me. And it didn't look big either because of the expand spoiler thing. I'll have a look in a bit.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:01 am

In post 1744, Jingle wrote:S_S, I'd like to see your response to this, particularly the bold.
I'm aware of it. I don't think it's notable. The instinct to not attract any more attention as scum is probably balanced by the fear of people moving back to him.

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”