TM 2021 Large Normal: OEIS Mafia (Part Two Is Out)

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:17 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1597, unwnd wrote:If people were wondering why I was townreading ABR it is the post above as I am completely in agreement lol
okay but what about before the above post
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:30 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 1599, OkaPoka wrote:if you think scum control the game state id expect you to post more and do more leading

rather than offer your vote to others?
That strategy comes with its own problems. I hope that I don't need to explain.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:32 am

Okapoka what's your top 3?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:35 am

Post by OkaPoka »

it does but i feel like playing sheep is literally supporting the existing gamestate and if its a scum driven gamestate - you wouldn't want to support it?

what do you want to do today ABR, at least if you could get something accomplished in the next 24 hours, what is it going to be

honestly i am pretty intent on solely voting xtoxm right now, i don't find anyone else nearly as interesting to wagon as him

the next are a pool of bleh where i feel like im just trying to hit at rand i.e. guys like but not limited to abr, dgb, winter flakes
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1574, Winter Flakes wrote:
In post 1419, the worst wrote:Yeah, Hopkirk is scum a fair while before unwnd.
big disagree
I also think Hopkirk is firmly town and the town reads on unwnd are largely undeserved
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:43 am

Post by unwnd »

I think Hopkirk is really scum and the more people keep calling him town the more it brings me to action
Stop
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:44 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1596, Albert B. Rampage wrote:My main scumhunting comes from looking at how players react to pressure and after AGar I feel like scum have been controlling the game state and keeping us from consolidating. My POE is large. Who wants my vote?
In post 1597, unwnd wrote:If people were wondering why I was townreading ABR it is the post above as I am completely in agreement lol
this statement by ABR doesn't read as real or it's just underdeveloped

I don't really know what either of you mean when you say it.

I don't feel that consolidation is something we're having trouble with? It feels like there's quite a few consensus reads with scum!xtoxm being the most recent one. Having a large POE is consequent of being in a large game on D1, imo.

feeling that "scum have been controlling the game state" requires more explanation in why you feel that way and who scum is because like, I don't get anything from that observation other than emptiness as it is. if one of you could further elaborate on what that means that'd be great
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Cephrir »

so basically we are wagoning xtoxm for being wrong and then kind of moving the goalposts instead of admitting to being wrong (15-20 in his iso, particularly 19-20 being scummy posts)? at least that's what i'm getting from it?
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1605, unwnd wrote:I think Hopkirk is really scum and the more people keep calling him town the more it brings me to action
Well, then?

Bartleby the Scrivener
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:46 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1607, Cephrir wrote:so basically we are wagoning xtoxm for being wrong and then kind of moving the goalposts instead of admitting to being wrong (15-20 in his iso, particularly 19-20 being scummy posts)? at least that's what i'm getting from it?
yeah i guess that isn't technically incorrect

although wagoneers are extrapolating a bit in saying that him moving the goalposts is a result of him wanting to have a townread and then making up a reason for it
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:47 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1606, Dannflor wrote:
In post 1596, Albert B. Rampage wrote:My main scumhunting comes from looking at how players react to pressure and after AGar I feel like scum have been controlling the game state and keeping us from consolidating. My POE is large. Who wants my vote?
this statement by ABR doesn't read as real or it's just underdeveloped

I don't really know what either of you mean when you say it.

I don't feel that consolidation is something we're having trouble with? It feels like there's quite a few consensus reads with scum!xtoxm being the most recent one. Having a large POE is consequent of being in a large game on D1, imo.

feeling that "scum have been controlling the game state" requires more explanation in why you feel that way and who scum is because like, I don't get anything from that observation other than emptiness as it is. if one of you could further elaborate on what that means that'd be great
i wish i had thought to make this post
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:47 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1609, OkaPoka wrote:
In post 1607, Cephrir wrote:so basically we are wagoning xtoxm for being wrong and then kind of moving the goalposts instead of admitting to being wrong (15-20 in his iso, particularly 19-20 being scummy posts)? at least that's what i'm getting from it?
yeah i guess that isn't technically incorrect

although wagoneers are extrapolating a bit in saying that him moving the goalposts is a result of him wanting to have a townread and then making up a reason for it
yeah that makes sense i just didn't really get it until going back just now

sure, that's fine. how many votes is he at...
Bartleby the Scrivener
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:48 am

Post by OkaPoka »

hercule when ur there can u talk to me about spf and her reads

kkoba says spf is supposed to have some god tier reads soo do you agree whats up idk

pedit: 5
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

looks like 5 to me

VOTE: xtox
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 1567, the worst wrote:my read has dipped because he clearly wants to be read a certain way (apply Ola's "dgb fakes reads" logic to like, every second thing agar posts) and that makes me feel like just defaulting to townleaning him off early tonal stuff is dangerous
I wasn't completely joking when I said he felt performative :lol:

I'd be interested in the lilith case but I understand if you don't feel that's the most productive use of your time
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:54 am

Post by OkaPoka »

also spf has to be related to saudade right
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:07 am

Post by unwnd »

Yeah sure, I'll play hardball.

I want to take away from the things I said in my . Not repeating myself but this point to me is very integral to my thought, and generally speaking I do maintain that I don't like highlighting specific posts and instead create a general picture. Hopkirk's demeanor on the surface seems OK, but when it comes to aggression it all becomes merely proving a point. I believe that the former is a merely a veil and something he uses to establish tonal presence in the game, which is something I very much expect scum to do. It's one thing to just be a happy/friendly guy but the way he uses said friendliness just gives me the absolute creeps. Compare his earlygame to now and it's like he was tired of putting up the front. The poking and observing he was making in relation to what was going on all feels manufacted, such as the way he navigates coming around to Hercule (you can look at ISO if you want).

Actions speak louder than words, and maybe Hopkirk is aware of that. I think Hopkirk display a lot of self-consciousness if you dig into the way he words his posts to people as well. Just a ton of 'oh haha, was joking' or a necessity to over-explain an interaction by adding two more unprompted posts. How do I make this more clear? When I'm scum and I know I don't really believe what I'm saying, the best thing I can do is pretend it matters to me. Yet, referring back to what I said before. What does Hopkirk really have to show for his activity early on? Why is he not here and keeping up the same pace. I'm sure there will be a hipfire response from Hopkirk saying 'I'm just busy! Your case on me sucked! Grrrr' but I think my point absolutely stands. The pressure is on himself and I think he's playing a game he hates to be in. Sure, call that a stretch by why would me calling him out with a shitpush just boil his blood so much? Probably because scum feel indignant towards townies and don't wanna feel like they're catching onto them. Is this confbiased on my end? Maybe a little, but it should make you all realize that Hopkirk is only looking out for himself and everything he did earlier on was fake, and time has only solidified that stance.
Stop
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:24 am

VOTE: xtoxm
hercule
hercule
Goon
hercule
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:24 am

Post by hercule »

In post 1612, OkaPoka wrote:hercule when ur there can u talk to me about spf and her reads

kkoba says spf is supposed to have some god tier reads soo do you agree whats up idk

sure, i think i've said most of her reads to this point

fwiw all 4 of us have been focusing our reading /discussion efforts on one of the other games atm (we all flipped town, it's just the specifics of that game have lent itself to our attention, don't think I can/should explain much more than that)

so last thing I discussed with spf was to ask her to sanity check our towncore, but I told her it's not urgent and she said she would do it over the next couple days
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:34 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1606, Dannflor wrote:"scum have been controlling the game state"
That's not happening on Day 1 in a Large Game. Source: numbers.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:45 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1618, hercule wrote:
In post 1612, OkaPoka wrote:hercule when ur there can u talk to me about spf and her reads

sure, i think i've said most of her reads to this point

fwiw all 4 of us have been focusing our reading /discussion efforts on one of the other games atm (we all flipped town, it's just the specifics of that game have lent itself to our attention, don't think I can/should explain much more than that)

so last thing I discussed with spf was to ask her to sanity check our towncore, but I told her it's not urgent and she said she would do it over the next couple days
okay i was going to ask about recent developments like her thoughts on xtoxm now and towncore lmao

but i guess we can table it

also if koba is seems to be a mega spf fan as well so i was wondering if spf is supposed to be a super scumhunter or what

what are your basic thoughts on xtoxm, are you voting him because you are sheeping me or do you think he's scum too.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:46 am

Post by Titus »

@unwnd, Do you think xtoxm is scum? We can only get one scum per day. We know your position on Hopkirk. It would help to know your position on Xtoxm.

VOTE: Xtoxm
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:47 am

Post by OkaPoka »

wow i shouldnt multitask but

koba seems to be a mega spf fan so i was wondering if spf is a super scumhunter or what (in ur eyes)
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:48 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1621, Titus wrote:@unwnd, Do you think xtoxm is scum? We can only get one scum per day. We know your position on Hopkirk. It would help to know your position on Xtoxm.

I think he's very null right now, I made a minor stance about him earlier
Stop
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1623, unwnd wrote:
In post 1621, Titus wrote:@unwnd, Do you think xtoxm is scum? We can only get one scum per day. We know your position on Hopkirk. It would help to know your position on Xtoxm.

I think he's very null right now, I made a minor stance about him earlier
So what are you going to do to sort him? Does the wagon give you impressions of his alignment? Do you have hope a wagon will sort him?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”