he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I am caught up.

VOTE: Gypyx

This is my strongest scumread for reasons you can see scattered through my catchup. I also strongly SR Something_Smart, Jingle and Maria.
I am a little less sure about Pooky so I will call him nullscum.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:15 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1876, SirCakez wrote:Scum Pooky was very much laid-back and not controlling in TENET recently. He seems to be playing to that meta here.
because the entire game state was being controlled by Cabd and LLD so I had no need to take control at any point except D1 when I kind of did it for lulz.

and you kind of know this since you were in the scum discord with us that I was deferring to cabd pretty much the entire game so kinda mis-reppy for you to use that to meta me here?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Noraa »

This wagon on Gypyx is pretty disgusting imo.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Something_Smart's whole discussion with me has felt scummy. It feels like he is nitpicking to try to weasel out of my reasons for him being scum. Rather then him just accepting that he looks scummy here (which I think is undeniable) and moving on.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:16 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1901, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1876, SirCakez wrote:Scum Pooky was very much laid-back and not controlling in TENET recently. He seems to be playing to that meta here.
because the entire game state was being controlled by Cabd and LLD so I had no need to take control at any point except D1 when I kind of did it for lulz.

and you kind of know this since you were in the scum discord with us that I was deferring to cabd pretty much the entire game so kinda mis-reppy for you to use that to meta me here?
I caught scum Cabd on day 1 :3
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1901, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

I know. I think this is a fair point and I'll drop it.
In post 1902, Noraa wrote:This wagon on Gypyx is pretty disgusting imo.
Why?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:17 pm

In post 1897, Noraa wrote:
In post 1896, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:have you tried playing NM style lol
Do you want me to die day 0 or something?
he's actually very funny sometimes :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1898, SirCakez wrote:I can throw out the meta but what do you mean by two different games?
This game isn't going like TENET(hopefully), so I don't think Pooky acting like scum!him there means he is scum here. Different game situations mean that meta probably shouldn't be used (I think).
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:17 pm

Post by staypositivefriend »

sircakez ISO:

i was gonna come after cakez for hedging on jake's alignment on viewtopic.php?p=12513768#p12513768, but i like that he follows up with his read on jake on viewtopic.php?p=12514804#p12514804. the rest of the reads he outs in this post are pretty generic/vague

viewtopic.php?p=12516692#p12516692 - i don't love how vague cakez is w/his explanation for why spring breeze's early posting was scummy. he seemed to observe something suspicious/wolfy about her, but the reasoning he provides is simply: "her posts look fakeable". acknowledging that something looks fakeable vs finding something fakeable are two different things, and it's a little weird that cakez conflates the two here

viewtopic.php?p=12520359#p12520359 - i sort of like the reasons cakez gives to be suspicious of spring breeze here, because i got pinged by something similar

viewtopic.php?p=12522802#p12522802 - this post about noraa is weird in the sense that cakez seemed pretty vaguely suspicious about noraa up to this point - i don't get why he soft defends her here

viewtopic.php?p=12524734#p12524734 - meh. i sort of like the re-consideration of noraa in his following posts. it shows, at the very least, that cakes's scumhunting is not completely static & that his reads are capable of evolving

viewtopic.php?p=12530369#p12530369 - i also sort of like the fact that cakez changes his read on zaiden, because a concern that i had early on in the game was that cakez was confidently defending/shielding zaiden from a place of TMI

viewtopic.php?p=12530377#p12530377 - the progression on spring breeze is p weird - cakez went from calling spring breeze scum, to scumreading her even more, to saying that her recent posts were "better", to putting her as null-town

there's nothing inherently scum indicative about that progression, but cakez's ISO is so devoid of concrete explanations for his reads that it makes it difficult to evaluate if his read on spring is coming from a place of genuine re-evaluation. i would like him to explain his current stance/progression on spring

viewtopic.php?p=12532362#p12532362 - this is a very tiny point but i tend to tr people who out reads like this, in the sense that for a scum player to ~wait~ for a game to finish to point an observation about an ongoing game requires a level of complexity/nuance to a players thought process that scum generally have trouble faking

viewtopic.php?p=12534715#p12534715 - lol i know this is fakeable but gth it's indicative of a person who's genuinely trying to solve. i sort of like that cakez's attitude toward being scumread was not to complain and get overly defensive, but to feel the need to "step up" his game to not disappoint his teammates. it's the type of thought process that ~is~ fakeable as scum, but is generally rand!town

conclusion:
cakez's reads, generally speaking, have a level of internal consistency and clear progression. the real issue is that cakez oftentimes does not explain or expand on his progressions, so it's difficult to evaluate whether or not his stances are coming from a place of good faith

i don't feel that i could comfortably townread cakez based on this analysis, but i would place him in the null-leaning town pile. it seems like most of the points against him are meta based, and unless anyone can provide why his game today is scummy ~outside~ of his meta, i'm not going to be interested in wagoning him today
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:18 pm

In post 1904, Noraa wrote:I caught scum Cabd on day 1 :3
yea you did lass

too bad nobody would listen to you :(
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:19 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1909, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1904, Noraa wrote:I caught scum Cabd on day 1 :3
yea you did lass

too bad nobody would listen to you :(
I got a kick out of hectic getting nk'ed the moment he repped into my slot. I found it hilarious.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:20 pm

Post by Noraa »

Also ... Pooky ..... you've been influenced by Cabd. Ur now calling me lass.....
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:21 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1867, Cheetory6 wrote:I mean we're waiting on a few different things right now.
You probably have time to put together something a little less.. uh..
scattered? shotgunned? Just seems like you're not going to be able to properly respond to 3-4 people asking you a barrage of questions in real time while also laying out why you're town and someone is mafia.
^townpost. Partner cheetory doesn't want to post something like this while Cakez is on a downward slope, nonpartner cheetory doesn't want Cakez to stop spiraling.
This is a Parachute.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1898, SirCakez wrote:Real scumhunting, reads, useful questioning (not the fluffy stuff you've been outputting), etc.
You have replaced unclear terminology with more unclear terminology. I have scumhunted; it's real because I am town. I assume you mean that it doesn't look real, which is just a fancy way of saying you scumread me and not really an explanation of anything.

I have given reads. If it's not enough, well, sorry. It's not like making up reads is especially hard as scum; if anything, forming real ones as town is harder.

I have asked questions that are useful to me. They generally pertain to asking people to explain things that aren't clear to me, which seems about as useful as you can get. Can you elaborate on the difference between a fluffy question and a useful one?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:23 pm

if the pool of spring breeze/gypx/jake/jingle doesn't have at least one scum, then my solving this game is p off. those are the four names that i keep coming back to
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:24 pm

In post 1911, Noraa wrote:Also ... Pooky ..... you've been influenced by Cabd. Ur now calling me lass.....
ikr

would you like me to call you something else :3
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by Noraa »

I don't really like cake here but I never like cake so there's that.
Pooky is acting weird this game. He's giving off weird vibes and idk what it means tbh. I feel like this is soulread material but I have zero idea what these weird vibes actually mean.
I kinda wish I could feel the infinity vibes more. I'm not feeling heavy soul mason energy from kanna :/
I think I like Cheetory.
Anyone that's TRing Jake is weird. I don't see a single reason to TR him tbh.
Spf prob town.
Gypyx town off of gut.
midway null.
Cant remember who else is in the game off the top of my head.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:24 pm

In post 1914, staypositivefriend wrote:if the pool of spring breeze/gypx/jake/jingle doesn't have at least one scum, then my solving this game is p off. those are the four names that i keep coming back to
spf is town for sure

jingle is probably town
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:25 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1912, Jingle wrote:
In post 1867, Cheetory6 wrote:I mean we're waiting on a few different things right now.
You probably have time to put together something a little less.. uh..
scattered? shotgunned? Just seems like you're not going to be able to properly respond to 3-4 people asking you a barrage of questions in real time while also laying out why you're town and someone is mafia.
^townpost. Partner cheetory doesn't want to post something like this while Cakez is on a downward slope, nonpartner cheetory doesn't want Cakez to stop spiraling.
Jingle is still scum btw. I didn't feel like I needed to say it again but he's spewing scum in a lot of ways. His posts are basically all really bad??? Like everything he says is a huge reach and I feel like town Jingle is much more .... reasonable with his arguments.
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:26 pm

In post 1917, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1914, staypositivefriend wrote:if the pool of spring breeze/gypx/jake/jingle doesn't have at least one scum, then my solving this game is p off. those are the four names that i keep coming back to
spf is town for sure

jingle is probably town
any particular reason for the townread on jingle? i tried iso'ing him earlier and his posts are just kind of
there.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1915, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1911, Noraa wrote:Also ... Pooky ..... you've been influenced by Cabd. Ur now calling me lass.....
ikr

Calling me lass makes you feel super old. I'll start thinking you're around my grandpa's age if u keep doing it :3
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:26 pm

Post by midwaybear »

I might be tunneled on Jake.
UNVOTE:
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1893, Noraa wrote:Tbh im 99.99% sure I'd be hammered by now regardless of claim if I didn't get mad. It's happened enough times for me to be sure of it but whatever. Someday I'll figure out a way to not die day 1 and not have to get mad in the process.
If you're actively looking to address this, there are a few options I can recommend.

Adopt stronger elements of your scumgame into your towngame. Manipulating the town is 100% something that townies should be doing. Hydra with people who are friendly while being scumread (PB/Ico come to mind) and see how they handle it firsthand. Look into rhetorical strategy and argumentation, a lot of debate tactics apply directly to mafia. Hydra with people who you can't read and who can't read you style wise, because getting to know how they play will give you valuable insight into why those kinds of people scumread you and you'll be able to cater your game to them.

More importantly, though, care less. It's a game. Wagons on you will happen, regardless of how good you get, and if you go the scorched Earth path every time they do you find that no one, least of all you, has fun in your games.

This has been your friendly neighborhood Jingle, pretending he's not actually an asshole for once.
This is a Parachute.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:31 pm

In post 1920, Noraa wrote:
In post 1915, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
ikr

Calling me lass makes you feel super old. I'll start thinking you're around my grandpa's age if u keep doing it :3
i am young at heart! :3
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by midwaybear »

VOTE: Jake
Actually, I will park my vote here.