MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:17 am

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

In post 2048, SirCakez wrote:So that was between page 10 and 60. So that's fifty pages of SB posting that changed my mind. It's very similar stuff to what PB was pointing at but I didn't read into the intention behind it like he did.
Yes, please describe some of the things that changed your mind and why
alt of MURDERCAT
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:18 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 2049, MURDERSUNNY wrote:
In post 2046, Pink Ball wrote:This is a great point and I wanted to address this right now towards Murdercat: this would be making preflip associations that are not worth analyzing yet.

Murdercat, I think it's pretty natural to start scumreading someone based on your read of someone else, but you can make the mistake of underestimate the scumteam's interactions. What if the scumteam decided pre game that they would buss hard the first scum member who gets on the ropes?
The difference is that there is a survey at the end of this game that will help my team win and if I get night killed N1 without calling out the whole scum team I am unlikely to score well on that survey. If I'm alive tomorrow I will obviously be reevaluating but it's not enough to just win this game, I need to be the town member driving the win as well.
Oh wow I didn't know about the survey
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:19 am

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

I'm doing it for misty, who lost because of the survey
alt of MURDERCAT
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:19 am

Post by SirCakez »

@Murder I'll do those things later I'm in class right now.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:20 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i think its wild people actually care about winning the event hehehe :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:20 am

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

In post 2054, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i think its wild people actually care about winning the event hehehe :3
But also if this the time I do it it would be the hero solve to end all hero solves
alt of MURDERCAT
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:21 am

your title should be HERO SOLVE
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:23 am

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

If I do it this time then I will feel worthy
alt of MURDERCAT
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:26 am

Post by SirCakez »

Murder why play on an alt this game?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:26 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Pooky I have two very important questions for you:

The first one is, you are part of my SB's case. How are you feeling about that right now? Are you entertained?

And second and even more relevant: did you see this?

MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:28 am

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

In post 2058, SirCakez wrote:Murder why play on an alt this game?
Because it's hilarious
alt of MURDERCAT
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:35 am

In post 2059, Pink Ball wrote:Pooky I have two very important questions for you:

The first one is, you are part of my SB's case. How are you feeling about that right now? Are you entertained?

And second and even more relevant: did you see this?

Garfield was my favorite comic book growing up, I learned English reading it from the local library :3

I must've read every Garfield and Calvin and Hobbes comic growing up.

I think you are wrong about her pocketing me because of the game that just ended:

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=85477

I don't think she would open a red PM and approach my slot in this way to "pocket" me - I'm already very fond of her - she need but to laugh, smile and dance with me to have me hopelessly head over heels pocketed.

Everything you say about her approach to my slot just feels so unnecessary for her to do.

She doesn't need to "manipulate" me by framing herself as town or anything like that - I feel her heart is pulled in two directions - she wants to fall into my arms but she also wants to be responsible to the game, to her team, and to herself to play this well and actually parse my alignment. She knows I am capable of doing almost anything to win, except I would not break her heart to do it.

The line that made me certain with every fiber of my soul that she is town was this one:

"i can do no more else i cut my heart out and lay it on a plate in front of you, my love, but i expect you wouldn't be so cruel..."

This is a type of targetted AtE that I do not believe someone like her is capable of doing as a red role PM - I don't think she would break me to win a mafia game, and I don't think she would have the expectation that I townread her if she was mafia and state that it is
cruel
for me to subject her to such doubt and questioning. I feel her emotionally even though she is on the other side of the world from me, she hurts and needs my love and I don't think it would be possible for her to do this if she were scum.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:39 am

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

What about Noraa in death curse though
alt of MURDERCAT
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:44 am

In post 2062, MURDERSUNNY wrote:What about Noraa in death curse though
I don't think the two are comparable in terms of where they are in my heart.

and I always kind of suspected Noraa in death curse even when I was busy putting a crown on her head, I just needed the scroll to confirm my suspicions :3
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

you were 0.5 seconds away from torching Murder that game lmfao

You and Kanna kill me with your morality tells
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:48 am

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

In post 2063, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2062, MURDERSUNNY wrote:What about Noraa in death curse though
I don't think the two are comparable in terms of where they are in my heart.

and I always kind of suspected Noraa in death curse even when I was busy putting a crown on her head, I just needed the scroll to confirm my suspicions :3
This can be true if me being town read that whole game is true :wink:
alt of MURDERCAT
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:51 am

In post 2064, Morning Tweet wrote:you were 0.5 seconds away from torching Murder that game lmfao

ok in revisionist history terms, I was mostly loudly claiming i was going to scroll murdercat to reaction test him.

like i was obviously lying about what I was going to do with the scroll :3
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:51 am

In post 2064, Morning Tweet wrote:you were 0.5 seconds away from torching Murder that game lmfao

it's not even a morality tell

it's just something you don't do to somebody who loves you because like cmon why would you do that over a silly internet game?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PrivateI
PrivateI
The Real Friend
PrivateI
The Real Friend
The Real Friend

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:53 am

Post by PrivateI »

i got a covid test yesterday but today i am not experiencing chills and fatigue. maybe the real chills are the friends we made along the way.
In post 1825, Zaiden wrote:
Why are third votes on a wagon bad? I was under the impression you eventually want to third vote to generate pressure on someone and get people talking. If third votes are an inevitable progression from RVS why are they frowned upon? (I guess this can also be more of a general question)

Is random chaotic bad? From my experience with people who behave chaotic/random in real life, it's more like you can't be sure of your guess. Sometimes they could be town? Sometimes they could be scum. Although I believe people here have played games with Nora and would be better informed on reading them. But I don't think it means they're certified scum. Although I'll feel really stupid if they've actually run me in circles. (I guess this is also more of a general question)

What about Spring Breeze qualifies as a townlean when the general consensus seems to be that they're not pulling their weight in this game? You even said yourself 191 reads bad, then you agree with their Cakez read. But surely that balances out to a null? What do you make of SpringBreeze's recent set of reads?

Also if you agree with Spring Breeze's argument in the 191 post, any idea what you felt the ping could have been? Or is that something you don't know and are speculating this is how scum!Cakez operates? For now I will be speculating that it's because you said you scumlean PinkBall. So do you rationalise PinkBall's push onto Spring Breeze as scum trying to pressure an wagon onto your townlean? Also, do you think they have some legitimate points about Spring Breeze's contributions so far in this game? From my perspective, I do think the push was quite non-committal but I thought Pink Ball raised some good points and decided to follow it up. Barring exceptional developments, I plan on voting Spring Breeze if they don't get back to me sometime soon.
Third votes aren't inherently bad, I think the naked third votes w/ no previous indication of leaning that way just "feel" bad to me, and that might be a bad instinct for me to try to overcome. I'm open to changing, most of that post was giving my vibes as I was reading through the game again, so there ARE some contradictions.

I don't think random/chaotic/even hypocritical are inherently 100% scum indicative. My TMate who HAS done a noraa meta-dive suggests that this happens with her as both scum and town. I think the thing that most impacted my scum read in the reread was the soft "confirm" on "flavour" in 1343. That, coupled with her saying she's actively trying to change her own meta (and apparently failing in some respects) and the absence of almost anything that reads to me as genuine scumhunting from her is why I'm continuing to vote there.

I think it's just that--I don't think PB AND SB are scum, and I was more inclined to think PB is scum at that time. I could probably be persuaded on this, especially after the events of the last day, where I've liked a lot more of what PB has to say, and I think their case was something I'd generally buy.

@ SirCakez
: Can you elaborate on what you meant in by "Gypyx is playing to his scum meta" from TENET Mafia in particular?

@ MURDERSUNNY
: It's been about 1,000 posts since , can you talk a bit about your "master plan" with the Noraa wagon?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:54 am

Post by midwaybear »

I think Pooky's read might be a little biased.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:56 am

In post 2065, MURDERSUNNY wrote:This can be true if me being town read that whole game is true
oh cmon you knew I townread you when you challenged me to a hero solve contest on d1 lol.

I just wanted the pool of suspects to be as small as possible when I did the final scroll so I'd have the least chance of missing :3

and also cuz people tend to break out their true emotions more when its really the end.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:56 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2051, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 2049, MURDERSUNNY wrote:The difference is that there is a survey at the end of this game that will help my team win and if I get night killed N1 without calling out the whole scum team I am unlikely to score well on that survey. If I'm alive tomorrow I will obviously be reevaluating but it's not enough to just win this game, I need to be the town member driving the win as well.
Oh wow I didn't know about the survey
That's annoying i didnt realize we were being scored

regarding preflips i fall into doing them a lot because I tend to prefer reading interactions between a flipped/unflipped suspect and others vastly to actually finding that initial suspect. But it's also true that if it doesnt work it's largely less helpful

Cake post - lol at Gypyx saying he played a way as scum because he was trying to be town. Like i dont really think it means anything but that is funny

Eh i can kind of see as towny in a "idc if this looks bad" kind of way but in Silent Star Royalty (scum game) Gypyx didnt really pretend to have reads either

Cakes do you rlly have towntells that only Maria or otherwise only a small set of people are aware of?

pedit: HAHAHA MURDER
MURDERSUNNY
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
MURDERSUNNY
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:57 am

Post by MURDERSUNNY »

In post 2068, PrivateI wrote:@ MURDERSUNNY: It's been about 1,000 posts since post 997, can you talk a bit about your "master plan" with the Noraa wagon?
Voting Noraa is a good way to read her, when I saw people shading her I wanted to see if there would be a wagon and who would actually commit. Noraa death tunnels people who push her so scum are more likely to do what cake did and shade without voting. IIRC, MT was similar but had a bit more weight behind the push even without a vote so I focused on cake.

Hope you feel better by the way
alt of MURDERCAT
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:57 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2066, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

ok in revisionist history terms, I was mostly loudly claiming i was going to scroll murdercat to reaction test him.

like i was obviously lying about what I was going to do with the scroll :3
I guess thats fair that you didnt necessarily mean to kill him on the spot but it was advantageous for him to think that
In post 2067, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

it's not even a morality tell

it's just something you don't do to somebody who loves you because like cmon why would you do that over a silly internet game?
i would argue that because its a silly internet game that makes it okay by virtue of it being silly

but ill look more into it
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:58 am

In post 2069, midwaybear wrote:I think Pooky's read might be a little biased.
i have literally never been wrong on a soul read in 17 years of playing on this site

my read rate on kanna is 100%, my read rate on ydrasse/isis/hectic is 100%.(I mis-read Hectic once as scum when he was town but that was more from paranoia than anything else - I don't miss on townside reads)

I do not miss.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Team Mafia 2021”