Newbie 621 (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:07 pm

Post by Gremwell »

why are you requesting a prod on me? I'm just waiting for everyone to weigh in before a hammer
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:48 pm

Post by mith »

Deadline:
One week from this post.

Vote Count:
3 to lynch.

Battousai: 1 (zeal)
zeal: 1 (Battousai)
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:40 am

Post by zeal »

You hadn't posted for five days, I just wanted to make sure you were still here.
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by mercdaemon »

(Sorry, hella weekend, back to normal now)

Battousai: Given that most of Mirth's play on D2 revolved around her being the doctor, a claim which came about because the cop died N1, it seems a bit odd that someone might try a false claim. Also, the vote on zeal wasn't L-1.
Malex McJokeus
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Malex McJokeus »

The vote on Zeal was actually L-1. I took my vote off after he put it on to keep Zeal off of L-1 for now.

By the way, thank you Zeal for wishing me happy birthday.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Battousai »

I would really like Grem's response right now. It's no longer a hammer situation, so are you comfortable placing a L-1 vote on Zeal? Why?
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Gremwell »

I'm comfortable with that, but I'll hold off for a little
Malex McJokeus
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:31 am

Post by Malex McJokeus »

Vote: Zeal.
I have been looking at her since my first post of day three (post 647). I think that best explains my feelings on why Zeal is most scummy. I took some heat for using that logic from Batt among others, but I find it to be as reasonable as anything else that has been said as far as reasons to look at Zeal. So I feel comfortable with putting her back at L-1, especially with the deadline approaching.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by mith »

Deadline:
Approximately four days from this post.

Vote Count:
3 to lynch.

zeal: 2 (Battousai, Malex McJokeus)
Battousai: 1 (zeal)
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:17 am

Post by Gremwell »

so is this what we've decided? I'd like to hear from merc before the hammer drops.
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:37 am

Post by zeal »

Ok, first off I don't like that your reasoning includes things which were out of my control Malex. As I believe I have already stated, I was unable to be "in on the Clockwork lynch" due to computer troubles. (Which I am now certain were caused by my brother looking at naughty pictures >.>)

Grem, you haven't really given any reason as to why you intend to vote me, could you do so? You moved from Batto and Malex to me without giving any explanation at all...

I can see it's likely that I'm going to be lynched, so I'd just like to ask everyone to
please
look at Batto more closely tomorrow, and look back at his play today. I'm relative certain he's scum now. Oh and we still have a few days left, so I'd like it if you'd refrain from dropping the hammer until the last possible moment Grem, so you have some more discussion to look back on tomorrow.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Battousai »

I agree with Zeal, on the holding of the hammer part not that I'm scum part.

Grem, could you please give us a case against Zeal? Your recent actions have me doubting your innocence.
mercdaemon
mercdaemon
Goon
mercdaemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by mercdaemon »

zeal: Can you give us some insight as to why you think Batt is scum? Mirth had the impression he was, but according to her that was "mostly WIFOM". Anything I'd have on Batto would be the same at this point in time.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:06 am

Post by Gremwell »

zeal is on my list, just not number one, I felt better about her lynch about a week ago, but not so much anymore,

two I'd feel better about would be malex or batto.

malex for the overly defensive display a while back is still in my mind and I don't want to rule anyone out entirely.

this post kind of bothers me
Batto wrote:So, I voted Grem for little reasoning. If Zeal was to follow me and move Grem to #2 or #1 on her list, she would be following me. If she was to stick with Malex, she could be going with the strongest case or trying to stick with her initial reasonings to not appear to be jumping around. From her list and other posts, I have deduced that she is sticking with her inital vote. The reason I say that, is because she still has Malex as her top suspect, even though her reasons she came up with were disproved.
now correct me if I'm wrong but this seems like entrapment, after zeal voted malex you switch votes to see if she'll follow you, which could be interpenetrated as scummy, but she does not vote jump, but holds her vote which you then say is scummy. I just wondering what would be the correct reaction to that quandary?
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by zeal »

mercdaemon wrote:zeal: Can you give us some insight as to why you think Batt is scum? Mirth had the impression he was, but according to her that was "mostly WIFOM". Anything I'd have on Batto would be the same at this point in time.
I think I said this somewhere before, but the main piece of my case on Batto is the play Grem just pointed out. As far as I can see, it can be manipulated no matter what happens to make the victim seem scummy. I kept Malex at the top of my list, because (In my opinion) he was the most suspicious. There was no real case on Grem, and then Batto goes after me for not following it. Even if I
was
scum I would still do the same thing, because there was no reason to suspect Grem from his reasoning. Also, I realise Batto addressed this before:
Battousai wrote:regardless of it making me look scummy by default (something I feel scum would try to steer away from)
But I'm pretty sure that's WIFOM so I stand by my case.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:02 pm

Post by mith »

Deadline:
Approximately 22 hours from this post.
Plasmagician
Plasmagician
Townie
Plasmagician
Townie
Townie

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:52 am

Post by Plasmagician »

To avoid a no lynch and you having no information tomorrow I'd advise that Grem/merc hammer me soon. (Of course I'd prefer a Batto lynch but I just don't think we have time)

Am I allowed to talk in Twilight?
zeal
zeal
Townie
zeal
Townie
Townie

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:54 am

Post by zeal »

Argh sorry I did it again >.<
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:16 am

Post by Gremwell »

vote: Batto
I'd like to hear something before deadline, you asked what I thought, I posted it and now it seems we're trying to run the clock out.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:52 am

Post by mith »

Deadline:
Approximately 14 hours from this post.

Vote Count:
3 to lynch.

Battousai: 2 (Gremwell, zeal)
zeal: 2 (Battousai, Malex McJokeus)
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:37 am

Post by Battousai »

grem: it's all about information. If zeal followed me with attacking you, then I would know she likes to follow the ICs. That is not a scum tell as newbie town do that as well. I felt she was scummy for sticking with Malex, even though her own reasonings were disproven by Malex himself.

The only person trying to run the clock out is/was you and merc for not voting, but more you. You've been sitting back today for the most part, especially near deadline. I'm tempted to vote you, but doing so this close to deadline may end up with a no lynch or a lynch of myself.
Malex McJokeus
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Malex McJokeus »

UnVote.

Battousai wrote:(To Gremwell) I'm tempted to vote you, but doing so this close to deadline may end up with a no lynch or a lynch of myself.
Batto, I'm tempted to vote you, and doing so would most likely result in your lynch. Do you realize now that 3 different people now have brought up the same group of posts that you made when you changed your vote to Zeal? Do you also realize that all three of them are not satisfied with your explanation? Take a look at 705, 721, and 738. Then look at your responses to each of those posts.
Battousai wrote:grem: it's all about information. If zeal followed me with attacking you, then I would know she likes to follow the ICs. That is not a scum tell as newbie town do that as well. I felt she was scummy for sticking with Malex, even though her own reasonings were disproven by Malex himself.
You are going with zeal despite your reasons being disproven, you just say that you had other reasons that you didn't bring up at the time you made your summation of why you are voting zeal. You called it a gambit, I don't know if it worked.
Battousai wrote:Malex: By all means, look at me, read my posts. When you realize that I'm the only person today that has really tried scumhunting intently (via gambit), regardless of it making me look scummy by default (something I feel scum would try to steer away from), you will realize I had/have the town's best interest in mind.
I am not convinced that you have the towns best interest in mind, and I want to hear what you have to say with the deadline, and your potential lynch, close at hand.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Gremwell »

whatever we decide on do it quick, my vote is staying
Malex McJokeus
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Malex McJokeus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:22 pm

Post by Malex McJokeus »

If I am not mistaken, we have just over 3 and a half hours left. I am waiting for Batto to respond. If he does not respond soon enough I am going to vote. I am willing to wait until there is about an hour left. I have no desire to let the deadline pass.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by Battousai »

I really don't care if they are not satisified with the explanation. I made my point, explained it accurately, and it's up to each person to believe me or not to.

My reasons against Zeal have not been disproven like Zeal's was. You may INTERPRET it differently, but that doesn't mean it's disproven.

Now, what I want to say to help "defend" my gambit is that why would it be scummy to do it? Scum would try this gambit to get a mislynch, but look what has happened. A lot of attention has been laid on me, a big scum no-no. The risk of this attention outweighs the mislynch. A mislynch, which I might add, that scum-battousai could have easily gotten without a gambit. There was enough doubt on Zeal and with Malex's reaction to a vote, to garner 2 more votes. On the whole, it would be bad scum play.

I think I'm going to be lynched, but that's ok. I think you guys can find the last scum without me. Just be more active, force activity if you have to, it's LYLO.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”