Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:31 pm

Post by Korts »

raider8169 wrote:
Korts wrote: (accusation of active lurking)
unvote, vote: raider
I would care more about this vote if it would have happened when I was active lurking.
This reply does not refute the accusation of active lurking.
raider8169 wrote:The case is weak as I have been posting alot more then I was. If the vote came a week ago it would have been expected. There are also many others that are lurking it didnt make sense why I was picked but I think because I happen to post at the time it made all the difference.
Translation: "I was lurking but I'm not so much anymore!" Also, please differentiate between active lurking and lurking in general. The first doesn't relate to posting frequency. Your question just stood out as generally unhelpful and pointless, since the point in question had been discussed, and if I'm correct, multiple times also.
scumchat never die
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:46 pm

Post by raider8169 »

You have not supported the idea only said it. Show me where I am active lurking plus tell me why I am picked out over everyone else. Then maybe it will mean something but until then I see your actions as just trying to toss a vote out there with no meaning behind it.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:10 am

Post by Korts »

raider8169 wrote:Netlava (502) If someone wants to defend someone else is it not always a scum tell, minor or not. If I post something and you interpret it differently then someone else while being wrong someone else might defend me to explain that you did not read my post correctly. That would not make that person scum just because they pointed that out.

DynamoXI role fishing does seem to be pushing more then I have normaly seen. Though town could do the same thing, curiosity can get the best of anyone. I think he is the best lynch right now. The attention he has brought on himself has never been in a good light. Post 719 from cow says it all.
Vote Dynamo
This was your last post with serious content; I have to point out though that your case against Dynamo relies heavily on others' points. I realize you can't always make unique points, but this is still to be noted.
raider8169 wrote:
Erratus Apathos wrote:Everyone on the Dynamo wagon: have you EVER seen scum, particularly newbscum, just give up and resign himself to his own lynch like this? I can point to a few finished games when I've seen a townie do it (sykedoc in Mini 577, vendetta in Newbie 615, and CC09 in Mini 617 all come to mind) but never once have I seen this sort of concession come from scum.
I have not been in many games yet so I may not be the best one to answer this, however in one of my games one of the scum gave up and self voted himself for the lynch. The game was SSWIII.
Your next is a single comment on self-hammering. Almost, but not quite, irrelevant.
raider8169 wrote:
DynamoXI wrote:
Cream147 wrote: If you are town, it would be detrimental to your winning cause to self-hammer. Please do not self-hammer.
If I don't get lynched now (which idk how that could happen) later on (possibly in lylo) scum could use all the plausible cases against me to win, something that I think I can take care of right now.
Maybe but then we wouldnt have the all the people in the bandwagon to compare agianst during the later rounds.
Your next post is a single sentence directed at Dynamo. I don't understand this; Dynamo is basically arguing
for
his lynch, and you say this in reply, but the structure of the sentence, which implies you'd be arguing
against
Dynamo's lynch (starting with "maybe, but"), is in contradiction with the actual content, which is another point in favor of a Dynamo-lynch. Correct me if I'm wrong; this isn't a point in case against you, I would just like some clarification.
raider8169 wrote:I dont see a real case on Netlava. It is kind of odd but with a game this size I dont see why people will not be jumpy at first. I still like my vote on Dynamo.
Your next comment is a short note on the Netlava-case and reinforcing your conviction in your vote. No serious content here.
raider8169 wrote:
Citizen Karne wrote:Also, I strongly believe Netlava to have tried to bus Dynamo, and to have failed miserably. In my mind, we may have just caught two scum.

Also, EA's vote on BM seems quite OMGUS to me, and BM's play, while frustrating, seems just like Battle Mage being Battle Mage.

I feel we should lynch Dynamo today, and if he turns scum,
very seriously consider
lynching Netlava tomorrow. I am also willing to do this vice versa, but would prefer Netlava to be lynched first.
Why would you say we need to lynch Dynamo today and then say you prefer Netlava to be lynched first?
A pointless question whose answer is in the quoted post, pretty much. Again, no serious content.

And this is just going back, what, four posts and eight days.
scumchat never die
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:43 am

Post by raider8169 »

Sorry everyone for the quote clusters ahead of time.
Korts wrote:This was your last post with serious content; I have to point out though that your case against Dynamo relies heavily on others' points. I realize you can't always make unique points, but this is still to be noted.
I endorsed the postings from other people while I added a little bit. You can not always have unique points and it will often be someone else's case that gets you to see their point of view. Its called a bandwagon. It happens. This might be something worth more if you called everyone else on it. I wonder why you are going after only me? Kind of strange but if I hit your radar then hope this answers that.
Korts wrote:Your next is a single comment on self-hammering. Almost, but not quite, irrelevant.
My comment was completely relevant. If you think otherwise please explain more. He asked a question and I gave what I thought to be a good example. If you notice he then revised his thought because of my example.
Korts wrote:Your next post is a single sentence directed at Dynamo. I don't understand this; Dynamo is basically arguing
for
his lynch, and you say this in reply, but the structure of the sentence, which implies you'd be arguing
against
Dynamo's lynch (starting with "maybe, but"), is in contradiction with the actual content, which is another point in favor of a Dynamo-lynch. Correct me if I'm wrong; this isn't a point in case against you, I would just like some clarification.
I do not want him to self vote. Later in the game all the people on the bandwagon can be used for information. If he votes himself that is one less person that would have to vote for the lynch. It gives less information for latter on. Is this the clarification you were looking for?
Korts wrote:Your next comment is a short note on the Netlava-case and reinforcing your conviction in your vote. No serious content here.
Not all posts are going to have serious content. This one was me asking for the case on Netlava as I did not see it. Is it so wrong to ask for clarification?
Korts wrote:
raider8169 wrote:
Citizen Karne wrote:Also, I strongly believe Netlava to have tried to bus Dynamo, and to have failed miserably. In my mind, we may have just caught two scum.

Also, EA's vote on BM seems quite OMGUS to me, and BM's play, while frustrating, seems just like Battle Mage being Battle Mage.

I feel we should lynch Dynamo today
, and if he turns scum,
very seriously consider
lynching Netlava tomorrow. I am also willing to do this vice versa, but
would prefer Netlava to be lynched first
Why would you say we need to lynch Dynamo today and then say you prefer Netlava to be lynched first?
A pointless question whose answer is in the quoted post, pretty much. Again, no serious content.
I was asking for clarification. Note the bolded parts. How can you lynch Dynamo today and prefer that Netlava be lynched first?

It seems to me you had questions for me but why would you vote first and then ask the question. Your case is empty but I will be a placeholder for your vote.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:26 am

Post by armlx »

Meh, Korts has a point. Don't know how relevant it is right now.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:39 am

Post by Lowell »

Internet down at work, and I have no internet at home. I'm at the library right now, but everyone smells like diapers so I won't stay long.

I'll keep you posted on my status, but expect full return by early next week.
Citizen Karne
Citizen Karne
rossobud
Citizen Karne
rossobud
rossobud

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Citizen Karne »

First off, my internet is acting up again. It's fine now, but could go down suddenly over the next few days. Just to let you know. In light of this, I will have to give up my hammer to another player to avoid us not having enough votes to lynch.
vote: DynamoXI

Secondly, raider, did you see my post clarifying the mistype I made that you asked about? In case you missed it, it is here, at the top of this page.

Thirdly, I am just as baffled as armlx is at the sudden uneasiness in association with a DynamoXI lynch. I believe if we do not lynch him today, there will be repercussions later in the game, such the fact that he will be a major lynch candidate for many in the following days based on his day one play, even assuming he does not make any other glaringly scummy posts (which, in my opinion, is not likely). I think it would more than wise to lynch him, gain information, possibly (in my opinion probably) eliminate a mafioso, and move on to day two, where I believe we should concentrate on Netlava. It is too easy for us to WIFOM our way out of a lynch by saying, "Well, he is a noob." Noobs can be scum too, last time I checked. Now, I'm not saying there is no way he can be town; there is always the possibility of a mislynch. However, I feel that possibility is fairly small here, and that we should get votes, a claim, and a hammer if the claim falls through.

No use in stalling this out; let's get down to business here people.
Games are slowing. No one wants to hammer for fear of a mislynch. MS needs a savior. They look for Rosso to save them, but alas! he is nowhere to be found. So one man will step up and take his mantle. Fear not MS, the hammer cometh!
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:35 am

Post by raider8169 »

Citizen Karne wrote:Secondly, raider, did you see my post clarifying the mistype I made that you asked about? In case you missed it, it is here, at the top of this page.
Yes I got it, thank for for that. I was still useing it to explain why it was a real question and not something to just keep up with the one post a day thing.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Cass »

Yeah, with every post he makes I can see the "raider is active lurking"-case more. Something to keep an eye on, but again, not today.
raider wrote:I endorsed the postings from other people while I added a little bit. You can not always have unique points and it will often be someone else's case that gets you to see their point of view. Its called a bandwagon. It happens. This might be something worth more if you called everyone else on it. I wonder why you are going after only me? Kind of strange but if I hit your radar then hope this answers that.
Could you name the other people Korts should call on it? Or did you mean he should be after
everyone
on that bandwagon?
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:13 am

Post by raider8169 »

Cass wrote:Yeah, with every post he makes I can see the "raider is active lurking"-case more. Something to keep an eye on, but again, not today.
raider wrote:I endorsed the postings from other people while I added a little bit. You can not always have unique points and it will often be someone else's case that gets you to see their point of view. Its called a bandwagon. It happens. This might be something worth more if you called everyone else on it. I wonder why you are going after only me? Kind of strange but if I hit your radar then hope this answers that.
Could you name the other people Korts should call on it? Or did you mean he should be after
everyone
on that bandwagon?
I mean he should be looking at everyone that does not add to the case. I dislike it when people just vote with no other reasons but I think its fine to point out the reasons you like. Not everyone is going to be able to make a case based on the same information and I dont see a point in someone just taking one persons case and changing the words around and claim it as their own case. Its just not needed.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:17 am

Post by Cream147 »

Much as I don't really like the way that Raider posts little content, I find that in other games that I am in with him, he's the same. I think it's just his posting style, rather than an indication of his alignment.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:43 am

Post by armlx »

Much as I don't really like the way that Raider posts little content, I find that in other games that I am in with him, he's the same. I think it's just his posting style, rather than an indication of his alignment.
I sorta agree, but am not 100% sure of this meta as my level of paying attention to it has been minimal.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:54 am

Post by skitzer »

Vote Count Eighteen of Day One

(10) DynamoXI: armlx, hasdgfas, markfg, Cass, earthworm, raider8169, Lowell, Sineish, StrangerCoug, Citizen Karne
(3) Cass: Veronica13, Pixa, Netlava
(1) Netlava: nhat
(1) Untitled: JohnQPublic0
(1) Cephrir: Untitled
(1) Erratus Apathos: Battle Mage
(1) Battle Mage: Erratus Apathos
(1) raider8169: Korts

(7) Not Voting: cris150, MafiaMann, DynamoXI, PimHel, Cephrir, Cream147, Cyberbob

With 26 alive, it takes 14 votes to lynch!

Last Post Count Eighteen of Day One

Key:
Green - posted in last 24 hours
Blue - posted in last 48 hours
Olive - Posted in last 72 hours
Red - Posted more than 72 hours ago, prodded
Dark Red - Requiring Replacement
Dark Blue - Vacation/Limited Access

Lowell

armlx

Sineish

raider8169

Cream147

Korts

Citizen Karne

Cass

DynamoXI

StrangerCoug

Cephrir

Cyberbob

Erratus Apathos

hasdgfas

MafiaMann

Netlava

Battle Mage

earthworm

Untitled

nhat

PimHel

Pixa

markfg

JohnQPublic0

Veronica13

cris150

Skruffs will replace cris150.
Prodding MafiaMann, Netlava, Battle Mage, earthworm, Untitled, and nhat.
A
deadline
is set for
September 19th, 2008
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:36 am

Post by MafiaMann »

armlx wrote:
I sorta agree, but am not 100% sure of this meta as my level of paying attention to it has been minimal.
What do you think about raiders meta to clarify
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:54 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Cream147 wrote:Much as I don't really like the way that Raider posts little content, I find that in other games that I am in with him, he's the same. I think it's just his posting style, rather than an indication of his alignment.
Ongoing or can you link us to some examples?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Cream147 »

hasdgfas wrote:
Cream147 wrote:Much as I don't really like the way that Raider posts little content, I find that in other games that I am in with him, he's the same. I think it's just his posting style, rather than an indication of his alignment.
Ongoing or can you link us to some examples?
Ongoing, I'm afraid.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:22 am

Post by raider8169 »

For the record I hate when people use meta for information. People can and do play differently game to game as I have and I currently am doing. Feel free to use whatever you find but I would not put everything you have into it.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:32 am

Post by Cream147 »

raider8169 wrote:For the record I hate when people use meta for information. People can and do play differently game to game as I have and I currently am doing. Feel free to use whatever you find but I would not put everything you have into it.
But your playstyle here agrees with your playstyle in other games. I would understand your argument if you were playing differently in this game, but that you're playing the same, makes a pattern.

The meta I'm giving of you
supports
you anyway.
[u]Apologies[/u]
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:54 am

Post by raider8169 »

Cream147 wrote:
raider8169 wrote:For the record I hate when people use meta for information. People can and do play differently game to game as I have and I currently am doing. Feel free to use whatever you find but I would not put everything you have into it.
But your playstyle here agrees with your playstyle in other games. I would understand your argument if you were playing differently in this game, but that you're playing the same, makes a pattern.

The meta I'm giving of you
supports
you anyway.
Maybe so, but it would not be supported in games I have not played the same way. If doing a meta is someones play style that is on them but I will not judge someone for a way they acted in a different game is all I am really trying to get across.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:08 pm

Post by armlx »

Meta turning scum tells into null tells is very valid.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Cream147 »

Teh Mod wrote:Prodding MafiaMann, Netlava,
Battle Mage
, earthworm, Untitled, and nhat.
Shocking, by the way.
[u]Apologies[/u]
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by raider8169 »

armlx wrote:Meta turning scum tells into null tells is very valid.
Can you explain how that works? I think you are saying that if someone does an action that screams scum but they do it in every game makes it a null tell.

I have an example but the game is on going.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by armlx »

Can you explain how that works? I think you are saying that if someone does an action that screams scum but they do it in every game makes it a null tell.
Pretty much. For example, if Killa7 is posting a bunch of irrelevant stuff and not a lot of content, or MafiaSSK is lurking, or DGB is doing a bunch of random shit, or FaerieLord isn't really voting, etc etc etc, its not scummy as they do it regardless of alignment.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by nhat »

Prod.

Might as well put my vote back onto Dynamo. I'm surprised the amount of FsOS on Netlava, but I guess everyone is waiting for Day two to put their votes on him. So be it.

Unvote
Vote DynamoXI
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Mod: What are the rules on deadline lynches?

At deadline, if a majority is not reached on any player, there is no lynch.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”