Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 696, Dumb and Dumber wrote:I couldn't really find (1)
Also several posts already about this:
Spoiler: D&D + shadow + gc
In post 116, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:I don’t really think skitter came off as defensive, maybe like.. confused that infinity assumed a reason for her read that wasn’t true and wasn’t stated. Can we instead talk about why shadowslug seems to think her response is “annoyed in a defensive way”?

- Daenerys
In post 121, shadowslug wrote:
In post 116, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:I don’t really think skitter came off as defensive, maybe like.. confused that infinity assumed a reason for her read that wasn’t true and wasn’t stated. Can we instead talk about why shadowslug seems to think her response is “annoyed in a defensive way”?

- Daenerys
Well now this just seems like you're inviting other people to question me rather than doing the dirty work yourself :lol:
In post 122, Green Crayons wrote:VOTE: shadow
In post 124, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 121, shadowslug wrote:

- Daenerys
Well now this just seems like you're inviting other people to question me rather than doing the dirty work yourself :lol:
Okay

Explain why you think skitter’s response is “annoyed in a defensive way”

- Daenerys
In post 130, shadowslug wrote:Actually first question which I dont think anyone asked yet is why is that Yyotta post not one scum would make?
In post 131, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 130, shadowslug wrote:Actually first question which I dont think anyone asked yet is why is that Yyotta post not one scum would make?
Why not ask her yourself if you think the answer is important?

- Daenerys
In post 133, Green Crayons wrote:I’m scrunching my nose.

This seems too easy.
In post 139, Green Crayons wrote:Avoiding (twice!) the question while attacking the player questioning your behavior is very new player scum behavior.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 116, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:I couldn't really find . . . (3)
Only this:

Spoiler: GC + shadow
In post 474, Green Crayons wrote:Penguin, are you checked out bc your partners are shadow and cat?
In post 475, shadowslug wrote:
In post 474, Green Crayons wrote:Penguin, are you checked out bc your partners are shadow and cat?
why would he be checked out if that was the case? i'm coming off this altercation way better than you are lol
In post 487, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 475, shadowslug wrote:
why would he be checked out if that was the case? i'm coming off this altercation way better than you are lol
not seeing how this comes from town

Basically I ask penguin a reaction question, and shadow jumps in to talk about whether the town is perceiving shadow or gc better which doesn't even really answer the Q I posed to penguin. shows a mentality that is focused on winning favorability points over finding scum.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Green Crayons »

also when I did my big ole spoiler quote fest for yyotta, i remembered shadow's comically suspicious admonition of skitter for failing to chainsaw defense
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 686, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 672, Infinity 324 wrote:GC was talking about shadow but like. He's not engaging with people who disagree with him on shadow, he's just tunneled on obvtown because he has no way to walk it back. He also has no reaction to the SRs on him and townies usually hate it when I SR them, whereas scum know that my gut read is valid. He isn't town
Feeding a baby at 4AM and got nothing to do but stew on just how bad of a take this is.

“Tunneled but no way to walk it back” - tunneling isn’t AI; your suggestion that I should want to walk it back implies that I should know that I’m wrong about shadow, which either is a slip from scum you or pretty big ego flex about your assuredness in reading shadow.

“Town usually hate it when I SR them” - I cannot express enough how comically unsound a rule about how players sometimes react to your bad reads is. You’re comparing my reaction to other players meta (bad) that isn’t even a uniform course of action (double bad)—which means I am also acting like those town players who don’t get bent out of shape over your wrong alignment reads of them
Wrt shadow, my problem wasn't that you have an SR that I disagree with, the problem is that you seem too content to let it sit when he's pretty TRed. Like when I first TRed shadow you were like "ok cool" and didn't pursue it further, and then skitter asked you about shadow again recently and you just say you were still SRing him but nothing else.

For the second part, ok but I don't expect every town to get bent out of shape about an SR, but you didn't really react to my SR which is odd coming from town
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:52 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 699, Green Crayons wrote:"I was afraid of getting infinity to Elim -1/-2, so i unvoted"
-Okay, but the most recent vote for infinity explicitly said before the vote that it was E-6, you didn't read that post?
"No I wasn't reading posts"
Ehh, there's a reason votes are highlighted in white, you can see them even if you're skimming posts

I also think the other points are kind of nitpicky, like new players can be awkward with votes, and unvoting your RVS or semi-RVS vote is something that's fairly common from new players ime when they don't have another confident SR

The other thing that feels weird to me about your shadow push is that it's mostly based on the early game and I felt that he's been very towny since then, displaying nuance that I almost never see from newbscum (I can pull up quotes when I get to a computer)

Maybe we just see the game very differently? Idk
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

shadowslug
shadowslug
Goon
shadowslug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:54 am

Post by shadowslug »

In post 699, Green Crayons wrote:But by unvoting infinity while simultaneously shading skitter without a skitter vote is inconsistent with how shadow plays the game with his votes. That is--if he's a town player who throws down votes early to get a reaction, then presumably he would have unvoted infinity and voted skitter. Because he didn't act in conformity to his initial play suggests that he is being calculating with his votes.
it's inconsistent based on your sample size of one
shadowslug
shadowslug
Goon
shadowslug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:56 am

Post by shadowslug »

@cakez

why do you scumread me again? i don't think you explained
YyottaCat
YyottaCat
Goon
YyottaCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:40 pm

Post by YyottaCat »

I'm going with GC now. I can't find big flaws in his scumread on shadow so I'm convinced. However, I don't think (3) is a sign of scum.
VOTE: shadowslug
Show
My signature in 2018-2019:
Fun Fact: This is a fact. Burger king foot lettuce isn't.
Fun Fact: The above fact is a fact.

My thoughts on my signature in 2018-2019:
What in the world even is "Burger king foot lettuce"?
I know what Burger King is but what is foot lettuce?
Is it lettuce made out of feet? Geez, I'm so different than how I used to be.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

>_>
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

@gc, some shadowslug posts i liked:

Spoiler:
In post 107, shadowslug wrote:i might be new but that doesnt mean you should say "newbie did this" for every move i make

it's like saying the "new guy" when you have a new person at school. it's a little patronising
i like the tone of this one, i'm not sure (new) scum is quite so stalwart in defending themselves against something like this
(i.e. i think they've be a little bit meeker/ more defense - and apologies for calling you new in the post about just that, but it's informing my read here >.>)

~
In post 121, shadowslug wrote:Well now this just seems like you're inviting other people to question me rather than doing the dirty work yourself
similarly, i like the tone here

~
In post 149, shadowslug wrote:Had to reread to make sure I read the situation correctly

Here's my intepration:

Skitter: yyotta is townie
Infinity: I disagree with reads of this nature
Skitter: I didn't make that read

The problem is skitter immediately defends their thought process rather than trying to correct Infinity. As far as i can see skitter never says why Yyotta's opening is not scum. It was immediately on the defensive. That's why it pinged me.
i like the analysis of this one

~

i like his pushback on your push on him

like idk i can go and quote more but his analysis is good, his tone is good, his line of questioning is good.
i don't see much to scumread here
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:59 pm

~ skitter ^ my apologies
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:00 pm

In post 684, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 672, Infinity 324 wrote:GC was talking about shadow but like. He's not engaging with people who disagree with him on shadow, he's just tunneled on obvtown because he has no way to walk it back. He also has no reaction to the SRs on him and townies usually hate it when I SR them, whereas scum know that my gut read is valid. He isn't town
What a bad take.

I’ve talked through my suspicions with you and murder off the top of my head. Just bc you’re not convinced doesn’t mean I’m not engaging.

There’s nothing to say about the SRs on me. They’re wrong and I’m not even sure what they’re based on other than ppl not liking my shadow suspicions/sticking with those suspicions. I also don’t really care about the votes on me. But I also am not getting suspicious vibes from anyone in particular who is voting me bc of their vote, so I’m doubly uninterested in beating someone up for their bad gc vote to see if I can shake out a scum.
ig one other thing i'll say is that i've felt a couple of times now that i've brought up concerns r.e. your play and they haven't been addressed (or, to say it another way, i feel like you've ignored a few suspicious i've brought up)

~ skitter
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:01 pm

gc do you have a read on infinity atm?

~ skitter
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:05 pm

also i do appreciate that you elaborated upon your shadow read
and while i get how you view it as scummy your scumread feels almost technical if that makes sense? like you're going 'well he should have done X but Y happened instead so he's scum' and like on the surface it kinda sounds ok but it's just not super convincing, or like, it doesn't take into account things like his tone or perspective

like it kinda feels like you found a couple of 'gotcha' and are harping on those, but i'm not sure that the 'gotcha' actually makes him scummy, if that makes sense?

~ skitter
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:07 pm

VOTE: MURDERKITTY

~ skitter
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:22 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

GAHAHA IT’S HAPPENING!!!!

VOTE: murderkitty
<(") | (")>
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Hi I'm here, I have been skimming but haven't had the energy to post, sorry. I wanted to catchup earlier but other things got in the way. I'll do it now.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 649, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:so y'all pissed lilith off and so she's taking a break now

-dragons
This makes me sad :(
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 671, PenguinPower wrote:Well - and i get that maybe possibly maybe I’m guilty of this too - but he could be more clear. The fact remains he’s been shading me the entire game without voting me.
He has been voting a scum read though, it's not like he's doing nothing?
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 672, Infinity 324 wrote:tunneled on obvtown
What is convincing you of shadow town?
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 689, YyottaCat wrote:I'm being constantly exhausted IRL so I don't really have the energy or the motivation to do anything except lurking. My head hurts.
Can you talk about your reads a little bit? Is there anyone you think is town?
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 691, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 688, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:Ok this is kind of ass
infinity, soon: ah yes why hasn't gc engaged with this insightful commentary?
lmao
GTKAMURDERCAT

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:41 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 704, Infinity 324 wrote:The other thing that feels weird to me about your shadow push is that it's mostly based on the early game and I felt that he's been very towny since then, displaying nuance that I almost never see from newbscum (I can pull up quotes when I get to a computer)
say more
GTKAMURDERCAT

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 714, Dumb and Dumber wrote:VOTE: MURDERKITTY

~ skitter
In post 715, PenguinPower wrote:GAHAHA IT’S HAPPENING!!!!

VOTE: murderkitty
wut
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:42 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 707, YyottaCat wrote:I'm going with GC now. I can't find big flaws in his scumread on shadow so I'm convinced. However, I don't think (3) is a sign of scum.
VOTE: shadowslug
uhhhhhhhhhhhh
GTKAMURDERCAT

Return to “Completed Open Games”