Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:25 am

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

1064 is a DIRECT RESPONSE to my post, how am I not supposed to take it personally?
1066 is an addendum to 1064, which was, again, a DIRECT RESPONSE to me.

explain to me how I'm supposed to read your mind that these weren't directed to me even though the post was a direct response to mine.

- Daenerys
Daenerys (lilith2013) and Dragons (SirCakez)!
Account made before GoT was bad don't hate
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:27 am

I don't believe your read on me has been made in good faith, or considers the entirety of my play in this game, so yeah, I have a problem with it. I have a problem with all reads that I don't think are formed in good faith, I just happen to be more personally invested in the reads on me.

- Daenerys
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:28 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1223, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:like I'm not even mean until after you said "fuck off." before that I was just questioning your reads because they actually make no sense. if you want to say my attitude stinks, fine. "raw vitriol" is just hypocritical and not even true.

- Daenerys
Maybe my words were off, but that's another of my personal challenges is finding the words to convey my thoughts appropriately.
As for my telling you to fuck off, what you were telling me to do felt like a waste of my time. I'm not interested in backreading for that stuff rn. The most I'm intending to backread for atp is to find who would make sense as scum rn in a general sense. Maybe I'll end up concluding you're town when I do that but I'm not going to
want
to townread you if it feels like I'm only doing it because you got upset. So let me read in MY way on MY time.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1225, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:1064 is a DIRECT RESPONSE to my post, how am I not supposed to take it personally?
1066 is an addendum to 1064, which was, again, a DIRECT RESPONSE to me.

explain to me how I'm supposed to read your mind that these weren't directed to me even though the post was a direct response to mine.

- Daenerys
yeah they came after your post but I don't believe you're the only one who missed my point. I USED PLURAL TERMS. I was not targeting anyone in particular!
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:30 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Honestly lilith has felt pretty obvtown to me too but this is exhausting to read through
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:30 am

In post 1227, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1223, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:like I'm not even mean until after you said "fuck off." before that I was just questioning your reads because they actually make no sense. if you want to say my attitude stinks, fine. "raw vitriol" is just hypocritical and not even true.

- Daenerys
Maybe my words were off, but that's another of my personal challenges is finding the words to convey my thoughts appropriately.
As for my telling you to fuck off, what you were telling me to do felt like a waste of my time. I'm not interested in backreading for that stuff rn. The most I'm intending to backread for atp is to find who would make sense as scum rn in a general sense. Maybe I'll end up concluding you're town when I do that but I'm not going to
want
to townread you if it feels like I'm only doing it because you got upset. So let me read in MY way on MY time.
okay - if it wasn't clear, I meant the specific series of posts I made on page 48. I wanted you to actually think about what it meant for the game if I was scum and put myself in a position where I was deliberately antagonizing a town!skitter and town!auro repeatedly, with no visible benefit to myself, because that doesn't make sense to me as a strategy that any scum would make. going up against town!dumb & dumber would be fucking
terrifying
and I am hard-pressed to imagine anyone as scum being willing to throw themselves into a 1v1 with them like that.

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:31 am

and you completely ignoring that feels like you really didn't think about whether I made sense as scum in a general sense and therefore it feels like you're just picking and choosing what you think about in order to make my slot into a potential wagon.

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:32 am

In post 1229, Infinity 324 wrote:Honestly lilith has felt pretty obvtown to me too but this is exhausting to read through
sry. probably going to take another break from the thread.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I honestly feel like a lot of the barriers I have in doing well in the game of mafia stem from my IRL quirks. The thing is, I actually seek to exploit that in a sense, using mafia as a way to build those skills in an environment with reduced stakes (since it's just a game, my blunders shouldn't cause any lasting consequences).
It's the same reason why I wanna go on Survivor some day despite my social interaction issues. I feel like it would be a good trial-by-fire if conventional methods of improving my people skills don't work. The only issue with that is Survivor also has a physical aspect I don't know if I'll ever be ready for.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1229, Infinity 324 wrote:Honestly lilith has felt pretty obvtown to me too but this is exhausting to read through
Okay. Talk to me about this?
This is what I meant by being more receptive to others tell me I'm wrong on you. When I'm not as charged up against someone, it becomes easier to convince me of something.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1230, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 1227, Gamma Emerald wrote:

- Daenerys
want
okay - if it wasn't clear, I meant the specific series of posts I made on page 48. I wanted you to actually think about what it meant for the game if I was scum and put myself in a position where I was deliberately antagonizing a town!skitter and town!auro repeatedly, with no visible benefit to myself, because that doesn't make sense to me as a strategy that any scum would make. going up against town!dumb & dumber would be fucking
terrifying
and I am hard-pressed to imagine anyone as scum being willing to throw themselves into a 1v1 with them like that.

- Daenerys
When put this way this makes much more sense
Skitter's own sig says going up against her is a death sentence
<Embrace The Void>

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:39 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Tbh I think she put it very well, I haven't seen scum!lilith being this proactive in trying to sort people, the way she feels entitled to be townread seems very genuine for someone who isn't confident in her scumgame, the OMGUS feels towny in a way that's hard to describe, and the push on skitt makes very little sense coming from scum

Need to look at those links but lilith would have to be playing a very impressive and unorthodox scumgame to be scum here
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:45 am

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

Fwiw i'm at the point where i agree with that

(Lilith i'll walk u through how and why my read changed when i have more energy)

~ skitter
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:47 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Honestly the fact that it took you so long to get there is making me paranoid. And the way the interaction started up and stopped and started up again makes me feel like it's not TvT, but I'm not sure. SvT interactions tend to progress weirdly like that sometimes
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

yeah you know what consider my mind changed as well, lilith is town for me now
<Embrace The Void>

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:49 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Really?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I had three people saying I was off, two of which I was attuned to for different reasons
It was pretty much along the lines of how you and Rask talked Zyf down from SRing me in our first game together
<Embrace The Void>

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Huh
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:59 am

Post by Green Crayons »

tbh I skimmed this Lilith/Gamma back and forth with one eye and nothing really grabbed me

If one of y’all think there’s a particularly AI post somewhere in all this back and forth, feel free to link it (and if you’ve already made this point I’d appreciate you just linking *that* post)
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:59 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1188, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1170, MURDERCAT wrote:I was referring to 802 of course, I do keep my wiki up to date
Yeah that's kinda what I thought? Though I have to say your method of counting games doesn't entirely align with mine
I tend to focus on games I finish out
PP/Targaryen was the binary I had in mind btw
I'm not sure what you mean. I have 2 scum games now, but I couldn't say I had 2 before because the game was ongoing
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

yeah that's what I was assuming
wanted to make sure I wasn't assuming wrongly before I went forward on such a thing
<Embrace The Void>

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1204, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:more votes on gamma please. or on dumb & dumber although I doubt I'd be able to push through a wagon on them today.

- Daenerys
Didn't you say to never flip skitter D1? Or was that someone else?
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:01 pm

In post 1243, Green Crayons wrote:tbh I skimmed this Lilith/Gamma back and forth with one eye and nothing really grabbed me

If one of y’all think there’s a particularly AI post somewhere in all this back and forth, feel free to link it (and if you’ve already made this point I’d appreciate you just linking *that* post)
/ sums up my points most succinctly.

- Daenerys
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:03 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Also I thought Lillith’s early game “all questions” strat was minor sus and her reaction to Auro was potential scum manufactured

But her engagement since the Auro reaction has been proactive and solid, and her explanation for her Auro reaction is out of game reasons that I as a policy accept as true and don’t question whether RL shit is lied about for a game

So what I’m saying is is that the GOT hydra is solidly on the town side of the line at this point, and I’m not particularly interested in trying to further sort them for D1 elim
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:03 pm

In post 1246, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 1204, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:more votes on gamma please. or on dumb & dumber although I doubt I'd be able to push through a wagon on them today.

- Daenerys
Didn't you say to never flip skitter D1? Or was that someone else?
I was quoting mena when I said that. I said to never townread her D1. I'm kind of at the point where I think my read is strong enough that I might want to elim her D1, but since it seems like no one else is really considering them I don't really see the point.

- Daenerys

Return to “Completed Open Games”