Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:30 am

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

In post 1297, Green Crayons wrote:What does this mean--you're not going to defend against people voting you? Leaving it to Skitter? Or just a mea culpa?
Neither, I am beginning to believe that defence against *votes* isn't useful :P
Also, zen playstyle, etc

Salsabil is bleeding obvtown.

Gamma, do you disagree with Lilith that her game here is wildly different from the two scumgames of hers you brought up? Can you describe the similarities?

-Dumbass
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:31 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1300, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Salsabil is bleeding obvtown.
Ok it took me a while to get here but I agree
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:34 am

Hey Infinity, I was curious about something some time ago. If you have time, could you link some random towngames and scumgames of yours? (It's ok if you can't, I can go to your profile and search)

Also I'd like to be called 'the dumbass', thanks.

-Dumbass
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In terms of scumgames, I only have 4+ year old ones and micros that aren't very substantial, I can link either or both?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:37 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 1294, Green Crayons wrote:I guess my final ask on this line of conversation is: does penguin not act like this when town?
I haven't played with town penguin since I've been back so I can't say from first hand experience. But I had skimmed through this game as a comparison and didn't see that same sort of voting pattern: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=84707

Anyway, that was just the start of my suspicion of him, I pointed out that on the whole I think he is shading people and doesn't seem to have any TRs like he is keeping options open.
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:37 am

Sure, hit me with both!

-El Dumbass
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:47 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1300, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Neither, I am beginning to believe that defence against *votes* isn't useful :P
Also, zen playstyle, etc
I still don't understand what this means, especially with you emphasizing the "votes" portion. That you're not going to engage in naked votes? Or that you're also not going to engage in stated suspicions?
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:48 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I guess looking back at your original post I guess i understand but please spell it out for me bc I'm slow.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:55 am

Something along the lines of: if someone already makes up their mind, I don't want to spend time trying to fight them off, but if they'd like me to address concerns or suspicions I'd be glad to talk about it.

-Dumbass
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:58 am

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

In post 1281, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 1189, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:your reads are garbage.

1) does anyone ACTUALLY believe that I, as scum, would willingly pick a 1v1 against town!skitter? I've been pushing her slot since the beginning. that would mean you have two of the strongest town players in this game, who are also familiar with both my towngame and my scumgame, and I'm staring them in the face and drawing their attention like this. in what universe is that how I aim to play around skitter? that makes no fucking sense.

2) look at my ISO. I'm constantly engaging with people, evaluating my reads, picking things apart, and pushing. even though I'm no longer focusing on auro, it's clear I'm still trying to sort him. I'm trying to sort everyone. I'm clearly invested in this game and trying to solve. look at my posts and say to my face that this is a scummy ISO.

- Daenerys
In post 1190, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:not only that, but in order to scumread me you have to believe that after skitter and auro backed off me, that I am willingly, repeatedly, poking and prodding and antagonizing them instead of just letting them townread me. how on earth do you think this is a strategy that scum!me takes with respect to a town!dumb and dumber. how????

either you're blind or you're scum.

- Daenerys
I know these replies is not for me, but I want to know something. Scum!you are willingly picking 1v1 against town!Skitter is also not impossible despite you both know each other playstyles both town+scum? It can be a good strategy to use so that scum!you can be townreaded by all/most of the players at least? And town!Skitter has to prove to the rest of us that you're a scum here. You may be (?) can't play around town!Skitter, but you may (?) can play around enough people to save yourselves from the elimination? And everyone tries to improve their game, so that doesn't mean scum!you don't improve your game here especially knowing that town!Skitter is here. This isn't my read on you/Skitter, I'm clearing that maybe (?) all of it isn't that impossible.
In a vacuum I can see what you’re saying, I think it doesn’t make sense to keep this going in the context of this game though. skitter was townreading me at the beginning of the game -> scum!me deliberately antagonizes her? doesn’t make much sense. skitter was townreading me again after me vs auro -> scum!me continues to antagonize skitter and invite her scrutiny on me? I don’t think that makes much sense either. This would be a really risky play for me to make without much benefit, because there are many other ways for me to try to seem towny than antagonizing a player who knows how to read me really well.

- Daenerys
Daenerys (lilith2013) and Dragons (SirCakez)!
Account made before GoT was bad don't hate
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:00 am

In post 1287, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 1217, Gamma Emerald wrote: I'm not even directly pushing you yet, I'm just trying to talk on my thoughts, so your explosive reaction seems overly defensive
Agreed. Town can be defensive too, I myself a defensive person, but Lilith's defensiveness is not something I see town usually do.
I really don’t feel like I’m being defensive....... I just think it’s crazy to consider my play as something scum would be doing against town!skitter. And I feel like gamma is repeatedly ignoring my content in favor of dismissing me for being too emotional.

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:04 am

In post 1290, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 1222, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:once again - look at my ISO. look at me pushing, sorting, engaging, and progressing this game. yeah, I think I'm the most obvtown slot in this game.

- Daenerys
Don't get mad but I saw this exact same attitude of
obsessive town solver
scum game in one of my previous games and most of the players fell for it and the mafia won. :dead:
........ okay? “scum were able to fake it once” doesn’t mean something isn’t towny... they were just able to replicate it as scum. Progressing the game and solving and trying to sort people is a pro-town thing to do. Townies want to do it. Scum don’t want the game to progress. Therefore it is towny.

Is there an argument that scum can look like they’re trying to progress the game but not actually doing so? yes. But then the onus would be on you (or gamma, or whoever is trying to say this doesn’t make someone towny) to prove why that person is not actually helping advance the game. The onus isn’t on me to prove that something I did that’s inherently towny isn’t actually scummy.

- Daenerys
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:04 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1296, Green Crayons wrote:~*~thus requiring mind reading, am I right penguin?~*~
our minds are inexplicably linked now
<(") | (")>
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:06 am

@salsabil I can’t tell if debating whether me getting into a 1v1 with skitter could be scum-motivated is an actual argument you want to pursue or just something you were commenting on. If it’s actually something you want to discuss, I can talk more about it.

- Daenerys
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:16 am

Hey, Salsabil is missing some context.

@Salsabil, Skitter30 (the other head of this hydra, Dumber) is a highly reputed player and scary slot to roll scum against. :D
She also has had a high read rate (100% I think) on Lilith's alignment games they've played together previously.

What Lilith is arguing is that for scum!Lilith, taking such continuous aggressive stances as scum against a slot that has proved to read her well is a silly, suicidal move.

Leave that aside - even if she did that anyway as a crazy method to get townread, and now that both heads of my slot declare townreads on her... pushing on us in this position is *even sillier* for scum!Lilith to make. I presume she'd rather just stay mum and focus elsewhere, kill us off N1, and coast off our read on her if she was scum.

-Dumbass
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:18 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 1314, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:@salsabil I can’t tell if debating whether me getting into a 1v1 with skitter could be scum-motivated is an actual argument you want to pursue or just something you were commenting on. If it’s actually something you want to discuss, I can talk more about it.

- Daenerys
I'll go through your ISO's tomorrow (it's past midnight here). Hopefully, will find something to discuss which help me able to read you.
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:24 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 1315, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Hey, Salsabil is missing some context.

@Salsabil, Skitter30 (the other head of this hydra, Dumber) is a highly reputed player and scary slot to roll scum against. :D
She also has had a high read rate (100% I think) on Lilith's alignment games they've played together previously.

What Lilith is arguing is that for scum!Lilith, taking such continuous aggressive stances as scum against a slot that has proved to read her well is a silly, suicidal move.

Leave that aside - even if she did that anyway as a crazy method to get townread, and now that both heads of my slot declare townreads on her... pushing on us in this position is *even sillier* for scum!Lilith to make. I presume she'd rather just stay mum and focus elsewhere, kill us off N1, and coast off our read on her if she was scum.

-Dumbass
I understand completely. My point (or problem) is, I didn't play with any of you before, so literally have no idea how are you guys playing as a town/scum. So it's really tough for me to believe all of your meta on each other as I don't who is who here. I'm trying to build up my read on what I'm seeing in this game and only in this game. Do I make sense?
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:27 am

Sure. Skitter reading Lilith correctly across all their previous games should be factual and verifiable though, would proof of that make it easier to believe?

-Dumbass
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:31 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 1318, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Sure. Skitter reading Lilith correctly across all their previous games should be factual and verifiable though, would proof of that make it easier to believe?

-Dumbass
I don't know yet :neutral:

Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:32 am

In post 1317, Salsabil Faria wrote:

-Dumbass
I understand completely. My point (or problem) is, I didn't play with any of you before, so literally have no idea how are you guys playing as a town/scum. So it's really tough for me to believe all of your meta on each other as I don't who is who here. I'm trying to build up my read on what I'm seeing in this game and only in this game. Do I make sense?
1310 was supposed to be a watered down version for you that you could understand without meta - regardless of my history with skitter, it’s a really risky move for me to deliberately antagonize someone who is townreading me in order to try to get other people to townread me, when I could just get the other people to townread me some other way. High risk, low reward.

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:33 am

again, I can’t tell if this is actually something you want to discuss at length because you think it’s AI or you just commented on the theory part. I’m happy to go more in depth if the former, otherwise I think we can probably drop this until you feel like you’ve read enough to start forming a read.

- Daenerys
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:40 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 1320, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 1317, Salsabil Faria wrote:

-Dumbass
1310 was supposed to be a watered down version for you that you could understand without meta - regardless of my history with skitter, it’s a really risky move for me to deliberately antagonize someone who is townreading me in order to try to get other people to townread me, when I could just get the other people to townread me some other way. High risk, low reward.

- Daenerys
Okay, I'll go through your ISO's tomorrow, so let's see, what I find.

Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:40 am

Daenerys, can you give me a quick tl;dr of where you're at on Green Crayons / re-quote for me?

-The Dumbass
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:49 am

surface level towny, but I’m wary of him seeming towny to me in a prior game where he was scum, so probably closer to null overall. probably not interested in elim unless our other reads are wrong/we end up needing to reevaluate gamestate.

- Daenerys

Return to “Completed Open Games”