TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Seriously, would you respond to the pertinent points on k7's meta? Engage them? Instead of keeping on shouting "k7 is scummy, tsn is scummy for saying 'no, this is how k7 behaves?'"

And the dizzying logic of k7 said the same thing about powerroles that me and bab said, but he's implying that he's a powerrole (doesn't read that way to me), and therefore he must
not
be a powerrole, and is scum. . . does that really make sense to you? Do you truly believe that? I find that hard to believe.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:19 am

Post by bird1111 »

Vote Count:
jonathantan86 (2): killa seven, TheSweatpantsNinja
BridgesAndBaloons (2): CallMeLiam, TDC
killa seven (1): jonathantan86
TDC (1): Alabaska J

Not voting (1): BridgesAndBaloons

With 7 alive it is 4 to lynch.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:35 am

Post by Alabaska J »

killa seven wrote:I dont think BAB is back peddling, last minute lynch jitters?
Is this sarcasm?
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:59 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

I think it looked a lot like back peddling to me. It looked like trying to absolve himself of responsibility for a lynch.
unvote
for now, while I re-read jonatanathan and BaB interactions.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:21 am

Post by killa seven »

Alabaska J wrote:
killa seven wrote:I dont think BAB is back peddling, last minute lynch jitters?
Is this sarcasm?
woah the "dont" should be removed from that sentance. lol
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
jonathantan86
jonathantan86
Townie
jonathantan86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:25 pm

Post by jonathantan86 »

tspn wrote:Seriously, would you respond to the pertinent points on k7's meta? Engage them? Instead of keeping on shouting "k7 is scummy, tsn is scummy for saying 'no, this is how k7 behaves?'"

And the dizzying logic of k7 said the same thing about powerroles that me and bab said, but he's implying that he's a powerrole (doesn't read that way to me), and therefore he must not be a powerrole, and is scum. . . does that really make sense to you? Do you truly believe that? I find that hard to believe.
Okay, I've bit the bullet and read two of k7's previous games. Yes he does post sporadically and does not write very much, much like his behaviour here. But in this game, he seems to be especially unhelpful...he doesn't even seem to bother to defend himself.

I still think k7 was trying to imply that he is a power role in that post. What do the others think?
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:40 pm

Post by killa seven »

jonathantan86 wrote:
tspn wrote:Seriously, would you respond to the pertinent points on k7's meta? Engage them? Instead of keeping on shouting "k7 is scummy, tsn is scummy for saying 'no, this is how k7 behaves?'"

And the dizzying logic of k7 said the same thing about powerroles that me and bab said, but he's implying that he's a powerrole (doesn't read that way to me), and therefore he must not be a powerrole, and is scum. . . does that really make sense to you? Do you truly believe that? I find that hard to believe.
Okay, I've bit the bullet and read two of k7's previous games. Yes he does post sporadically and does not write very much, much like his behaviour here. But in this game, he seems to be especially unhelpful...he doesn't even seem to bother to defend himself.

I still think k7 was trying to imply that he is a power role in that post. What do the others think?
If i was a power role why would you keep bringing it up tryna get me NK?

No im not a power role thats not what i was getting at.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:55 am

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

K7 ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY THE HELL DID YOU JUST CLAIM NOT A POWER ROLE!!!!!!??????
Don't answer the question. But seriously, really
really
anti-town.
Unless you're scum, in which case, that's fine that you did that.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:57 am

As for my "backing off of Jonathan"

It's because all of the games I have ever played in have had really long Day 1s. So i'm not ready for a lynch yet. Jonathan is still one of my suspects, but i have a third biggest suspect.

I think I'm explaining that today.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:01 am

Also, my biggest suspect is really tricky because they have over the top breadcrumbed a power role this whole game.

I believe that it was all fake breadcrumbing. I'm risking a WHOLE LOT but suspecting this third person, which is another reason why I've waiting for a long time.

The problem with suspecting this person, is that it may get the real cop to claim, which is bad.

I'm not sure if I want all this shit to go down, I'm really hesitant.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:08 am

Btw, if you (you know who I'm talking about) really is the cop, you did an aweful job breadcrumbing.
it is so BLATANTLY OBVIOUS (at least to me) that you're breadcrumbing cop. I'm positive scum would have found it and NKed you. Given your experience on this website, you should know better.
There's no pro-town incentive for you to breadcrumb so obviously.

I've made my mind up.

I think you're scum.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:12 pm

I'm making this post later. It's a long one.
Signature:
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:45 pm

Post by TDC »

Quite honestly, no idea who you're talking about.
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:17 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

OK, so my initial vote on BaB was for that silly acronym from earlier. Now I'm not gonna unvote because I think he's scum.
He's been highly critical of people's play, and often espouses game a playstyle that seems fairly harmful to the town. Keeping information to ourselves will only help the scum, and now he's once again allowing himself to lurk quietly while he forumlates a big post, meaning we can't possibly lynch him until he does. His actions when I wanted a jonathanatan claim were also highly suspicious, not removing his vote until called out on his backtracking and hypocrisy.
I know he's not everyone's #1 candidate right now, but I think he'd be a good lynch at this point.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:05 pm

Agh I got busy, but cml is worried because he fakeclaimed cop.

That's right, CML was the person I was talking about.

I think he's lying scum.

Notice how he tries to get a bandwagon against me because he knows I'm on to him. The action he would take as the real cop would be to claim right now.

Btw, the real cop (unless its me) shouldn't claim just yet.

I have a huge case that I need to finish up, but he's our scum number 1.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:08 pm

to explain my actions on jonathan, I still suspect jonathan, but I had another suspect (CML) who I am more suspicious of. When you see my huge case on CML, you guys will understand why I was scared of a lynch occuring before I mentioned all of it.

Can't you guys just
taste
the desperation in
I know he's not everyone's #1 candidate right now, but I think he'd be a good lynch at this point.
Signature:
jonathantan86
jonathantan86
Townie
jonathantan86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by jonathantan86 »

TDC wrote:Quite honestly, no idea who you're talking about.
Agreed. I didn't notice the cop breadcrumbs though, but will wait for BaB to explain.
k7 wrote:If i was a power role why would you keep bringing it up tryna get me NK?
Because I don't think you're a power role. If that is really hinting you're a power role, I think you're scum trying to pass yourself off as a power role. (But most people don't agree that you're hinting.)
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by killa seven »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:Btw, if you (you know who I'm talking about) really is the cop, you did an aweful job breadcrumbing.
it is so BLATANTLY OBVIOUS (at least to me) that you're breadcrumbing cop.
I'm positive scum would have found it and NKed you
. Given your experience on this website, you should know better.
There's no pro-town incentive for you to breadcrumb so obviously.

I've made my mind up.

I think you're scum.
i bolded the WTF part... we are in day 1 ... wtf are you talking about.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by killa seven »

jonathantan86 wrote:
TDC wrote:Quite honestly, no idea who you're talking about.
Agreed. I didn't notice the cop breadcrumbs though, but will wait for BaB to explain.
k7 wrote:If i was a power role why would you keep bringing it up tryna get me NK?
Because I don't think you're a power role. If that is really hinting you're a power role, I think you're scum trying to pass yourself off as a power role. (But most people don't agree that you're hinting.)
No i wasnt hinting i was a power role i was saying that while you are explaining reasons to why i couldnt be a power role, you were helping the scum determine whether i was or not one, and it will help them narrow down there list of possible suspects when we go into night. also giving them a strategy to determine wheters other we or not power roles.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:52 pm

Scummy things he did and why I think CML is scum:

1) he tried to get us to abandon my plan:

CallMeLiam wrote:A spot of really qu
i
ck thinking tells
m
e that if
the
cop
investigates the bodyguard night one, then the win is no longer guaranteed. I know it's unlikely but just wanted to throw it out there.

As such, while I'm in favour of the plan in theory, I don't think we should all be beholden to it.
he explains this as:
CallMeLiam wrote:
jonathantan86 wrote:CML, what was your working? The percentages won't change because the probability of winning is 100% already and both scum-hunting and cop investigations can only increase that number. (All this is assuming both power roles survive, of course.)
I honestly don't remember my exact train of thought there, it wasn't much though.
this whole things doesn't make sense. I'm sure he'll explain it as "oh! I was trying to breadcrumb" but he definitely could have done it in a way that wasn't anti-town. This was anti-town because my strategy guarantees a huge increase in win percentage for the town. Unfortunately my whole strategy is gone now since I found this scum fake-claiming and we will probably have to have the real cop claim eventually (but not yet).

2) More anti town behavior:
CallMeLiam wrote:
BridgesAndBaloons wrote: Also, what you said is
very anti-town
. Please NEVER AGAIN mention if you think someone is townie again. Do not say any things that make someone pro-town until after the mass-claim. Thank you very much. Please tell me if you don't understand.
I understand where you're coming from, but disagree.
it really helps the scum if they know who everyone else thinks is pro-town, especially in this game, especially if someone says one of the scum.
He's trying to get people to be okay with saying who they think is a townie. BAD IDEA!

3) He's lurking in plain site.

This might be cop-like behavior, but he should know better. He can
still
scum-hunt. I don't have evidence for this point but he has been very repetitive and not made any original cases. The only "case" he made was a PBPA on killa which just talking about killa's lurking. Ironic? Oh! And look at how he scum-hunts:

4)
He acts extremely carefully with his votes and does other scummy stuff.

He votes for killa7 and then unvotes shortly after on 177 after alabaska says a lurker lynch is bad. Killa wasn't close to a lynch. Sure he was at L-1, but does anybody here think killa was going to be hammered anytime soon?

Seriously, this is over-careful. He also makes a PBPA on killa which is totally unnecessary. Is he trying to get people to vote killa while staying off of the wagon? Then CML says he's
I'm kinda tempted to hammer but I'd like to know more
after alabaska votes killa.

What happened? Maybe it's the kind of confidence he got after 2-3 townies are voting for killa that is safe to hammer now? And what about being scared that killa was close to a lynch? All this makes me think his unvote earlier was a charade. He's just trying too hard to look townie.
This is also a contradiction to himself, which some people consider a scum-tell. (I don't really but still find this behavior here scummy for other reasons).

Post 224 (look at it) he's slightly encouraging me to vote for killa by saying "do you not find [his behavior] a little disconcerting?" He’s trying to killa lynched while keeping his hands clean. Hm. Seems to contradict my other ideas about him being a scumbuddy with killa. (explained later).

5) omg,
then there’s infamous post 302
Let’s look at every single scummy thing crammed into this one post.
CallMeLiam wrote: OK. I think k7 is acting pretty unhelpfully, but not in a very scummy way.
I think BaB has been helpful and logical enough to put me off him as scum. That leaves TDC who I've agreed with every word from and TSPN who I have no real read on, even at this point although I did like his scummy\anti-town differences post. This leaves jonathanathanatan. I'm not gonna vote yet but the case is the best I think we have and I'd like a claim now please.
What’s with all the 180s? He’s voting for me despite saying I’m not scum. He then recently says he’s certain I’m scum. These complete contradictions are the act of a scum caught in trouble.

He then only is ready to lynch jonathan by process of elimination? What!? That’s not pro-town at all? What about me saying that I wasn’t ready for a lynch the
page before this one!

Again, he’s confidant in attacking Jonathan because Jonny is at L-1. More opportune behavior. (similar like his vote on killa).

Then he ASKS FOR A CLAIM!!!
WHY WHY WHY WHY!
There is absolutely no pro-town reason for that. Especially for the cop. The only thing that can happen from a premature claim is going to narrow down the possibilities of Nks for scum, or force a counterclaim (therefore making CML the NK, or his bodyguard the NK). The cop loses the most from a premature claim. This is not compatible with his cop claiming.

6)
The way he breadcrumbed is really scummy and not how A cop would do it.
CallMeLiam wrote:A spot of really qu
i
ck thinking tells
m
e that if
the
cop
investigates the bodyguard night one, then the win is no longer guaranteed. I know it's unlikely but just wanted to throw it out there.

As such, while I'm in favour of the plan in theory, I don't think we should all be beholden to it.
Let's look at that closer:

Code: Select all

A spot of really qu[color=black]i[/color]ck thinking tells [color=black]m[/color]e that if [color=black]the[/color] [color=black]cop[/color]

I
m.......... the
cop

Why the hell did he breadcrumb like this? Anyone who payed the slightest bit of attention and quoting this post could have seen it. It was incredibly easy to see... that was his point. He wanted it really easy to see so that players would think he's the cop and not vote for him.

So maybe you guys didn't think that was obvious. Well, what about...

The infamous posts 96 and 97.
CML on 96 wrote: Even dropping hints could be disastrous for power in this game, so I really hope the bodyguard keeps quiet.
CML on 97 wrote:EBWOP: and the cop also of course.
holy shit. You can't get more BLATANT than this. He was even talking about droppig hints about being a powerrole. The real cop has to be EXTREMELY CAREFUL to not slip. This slip here is completely fabricated. For crying out loud he even pointed out the mistake ONE MINUTE LATER!
Who here catches a slip they make as a powerrole after only one minute? It doesn't seem real. You make a slip because you're not paying attention. YOu're not going to suddenly pay attention one minute later.
And there's the thing that he's on the subject of slipping. The real cop would be really careful especially when they're talking about slipping. So ridiculous.

After I saw this post I thought CML was a townie trying to draw the NK, but then I realized that he actually breadcrumbed cop. I think CML is scum and his slips were fabricated and not the breadcrumbing the cop should do.

other wierd stuff:
CallMeLiam wrote: As for BaB's strategy and math (not helped by the use of some tiny text btw) it looks solid enough.
I'd rather not rely on it and scumhunt as much as possible first, but it's nice to know we're at a slight tactical advantage. I'm not too happy that you explained what the the best play for the mafia is
re: the maths of the counterclaim but I suppose it wouldn't have been too hard for scum to work out with all the other info in front of them.
This just (underlined) seems like he's saying "yes I'm townie! I am! We have a tactical advantage.
We!
Get it? Because I'm also a townie. Oh, and I'm sad that scum know what to do."
It's just not something a townie would say.
It's all just obvious stuff to say as if he's trying to look townie.

Possible scumbuddies (I have not done much work on this section yet, as he is not proven scum yet):

CML’s vote on me for not revealing my abbreviations is also odd. As Tdc put it “it is obvious why you refrained from posting your revelation” (post 260). Maybe a way to get the heat off of his scumbuddy, jonathan? I dunno.

He also shows a connection with killa saying “Did K7 ask for a replacement?” (272). I totally missed this, and TDC did too. Maybe caught off by their scumbuddy replacing? However, I earlier said that I didn’t think they were scumbuddies. So maybe I’m wrong.

Again, I did barely any research on scum buddies and this information is really bad here. I just put it because I stumble across them on the same page (11). I also listed these two people because I already suspect them. Again, I don't think it's too pro-town to focus on scumbuddies just yet, but maybe it is.
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:55 pm

for the tl;dr just read the italic statements by the numbers.

vote: CML

I'm actually really confident

post 342, killa I was addressing CML, not you.
Signature:
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by TDC »

Well, I guess it wasn't obvious to me, because I never quoted said post. In fact it seems you were the only one to ever quote it.
Was your earlier vote for him motivated by this as well? (Where you asked what everyone thought about your CML vote?)

I'll refrain from commenting about the case until CML has done so.

Also
unvote
for now.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

tdc wrote: Well, I guess it wasn't obvious to me, because I never quoted said post. In fact it seems you were the only one to ever quote it.
Yeah, bab's post should probably read "anyone who quoted the post and paid the slightest bit of attention," as opposed to the other way around.

I s'pose I'll wait further until CML comments, but my feeling is that this:
bab wrote: Maybe a way to get the heat off of his scumbuddy, jonathan?
Explains what's going on here.
jonathantan86
jonathantan86
Townie
jonathantan86
Townie
Townie

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:03 pm

Post by jonathantan86 »

I agree that this is suspicious.

Unvote

Vote: CML
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:10 pm

Post by killa seven »

jonathantan86 wrote:I agree that this is suspicious.

Unvote

Vote: CML
Confirm Vote Jonathan
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.