fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by fuzzylightning »

As I said earlier, Timeeater's play was just weird, and I have seen it before from someone else, but his play this time has led me to wonder if maybe he really is scum just trying to get out because he couldn't hack it. Will wait to see what Erg0 has to say now.
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
Vivian Darkblaam
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Vivian Darkblaam »

Muerrto wrote:
Vivian Darkblaam wrote:You're not going to seriously suggest that Timeater's replacement request and subsequent lack of replacementesque behavior alone are reason for a cold lynch without even giving Erg0 a chance to read the damn game. Also, the fact that his wagon was polarizing is not a legitimate reason to lynch. Yes, we could protentially pick up valuable information, but it would only be on three or four pages of play.

Waiting for Grimmy's response once he gets back. I'd still like him to justify his vote in a sane way.
Um...Ergo replaced on page 4. You don't think he read 4 pages by the time he posted? His post sounded like he read the game. Am I for quicklynching Ergo? No. Is your reasoning weak? Yes.

Why so protective? Time's behavior actually reflects just what Popular said. He asked for a replacement, then kept posting, then was SURPRISED when he got replaced. As if he was fine continuing to play now that the attention had been drawn off. Can you explain his behavior otherwise?

If he'd actually been too busy to post, why did he all of sudden start posting after asking for a replacement?
Erg0's post was entirely about the +/- vote mechanic. I figured that if he had read the game beyond Skizter's first couple of posts, he would have said something about, you know, players.

I think it is extremely unlikely that Tim's request for replacement was conceived as a gambit to reduce pressure. First of all, it was genuine; he PM'd the mod and got his ass replaced. I don't think he was expecting to stay in the game as long as he did, and he certainly couldn't have been expecting to not actually be replaced (which he would pretty much have to if you're saying the replacement request was a gambit). Secondly, the request for replacement did absolutley nothing to reduce pressure and was actually what brought him to L-1. You could say that this was just because the gambit backfired, but you certainly couldn't say "he was fine continuing to play now that the attention had been drawn off".

I think I've already spoken for Tim more than is kosher in this post, so I'm not going to assign any motivations as to why he continued to post (that, and I have no frickin' clue), but even with that facet remaining a mystery, it's damn near impossible to put as malicious a spin on this situation are you are trying to.

@Tajo: Why did you ignore the post(s) in which I ripped into Tim that immediately preceeded his replacement request?
I thought far too much about this stupid signature to put a goddamn meta-reference in it.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by populartajo »

@Tajo: Why did you ignore the post(s) in which I ripped into Tim that immediately preceeded his replacement request?
What posts?
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Vivian Darkblaam
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:36 pm

@ptaj
This portion of 26
I wrote: Additionally, that was not a "softclaim"*, Timeater. That was a full-on nameclaim, and it was also stupid.

*A softclaim being when a player alludes to aspects of their role without making definite statements. ie. "Player X probably won't die tonight" as doctor or "You guys would definitely regret lynching me" as SuperSaint.
I wrote: If you know what a softclaim is, why did you use the term improperly?

What bearing does the potential whackiness of this setup have on whether or not you should claim at the top of Page 2? Are you town yielding the one bit of knowledge you hold over the scum, or are you just scum trying to take advantage of unconventional surroundings?

If you are confident that anti-wagoning an NPC will not do anything
and
that it won't have any real effect on us, what's the harm in trying?

Are you reading what I'm posting or just looking at my gender symbol and the pretty little butterfly?
Not only did I lay into his actual content, some sections of that post were pretty hard on his writing style too.

and also 33
I wrote: @TE: Now, that is a place where the wackiness of the setup comes into play. A professional tennis ball runner could be so good at running (away) that he's effectively bulletproof. He could busdrive night actions by swtiching the balls he give to players. He could have learned how to be a hider from dodging vollies. Having a very minor "profession", he could simply be a townie. Or the name of the role could have no bearing at all on what the role actually does.

So no, we really can't tell what your role is from the name. Though I will note that you intended your name claim to serve as a full-claim (for whatever reason) and ask you emphatically not to give a genuine claim (for the time being at least).

As for your last statement, that is what "newbiegirl" seemed to imply.
He asked to be replaced in 39. (Think about it, even if he wasn't miserable in this game; if he had to choose one game to replace out of, why not the one where everybody's suddenly started giving him crap?)
I thought far too much about this stupid signature to put a goddamn meta-reference in it.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:He asked to be replaced in 39. (Think about it, even if he wasn't miserable in this game; if he had to choose one game to replace out of, why not the one where everybody's suddenly started giving him crap?)
Because if that IS the case he needs to work on that. And according to his posts I gotta agree with Popular, Time seemed to be quite taken with the game.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by populartajo »

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:@ptaj
This portion of 26
I wrote: Additionally, that was not a "softclaim"*, Timeater. That was a full-on nameclaim, and it was also stupid.

*A softclaim being when a player alludes to aspects of their role without making definite statements. ie. "Player X probably won't die tonight" as doctor or "You guys would definitely regret lynching me" as SuperSaint.
I wrote: If you know what a softclaim is, why did you use the term improperly?

What bearing does the potential whackiness of this setup have on whether or not you should claim at the top of Page 2? Are you town yielding the one bit of knowledge you hold over the scum, or are you just scum trying to take advantage of unconventional surroundings?

If you are confident that anti-wagoning an NPC will not do anything
and
that it won't have any real effect on us, what's the harm in trying?

Are you reading what I'm posting or just looking at my gender symbol and the pretty little butterfly?
Not only did I lay into his actual content, some sections of that post were pretty hard on his writing style too.

and also 33
I wrote: @TE: Now, that is a place where the wackiness of the setup comes into play. A professional tennis ball runner could be so good at running (away) that he's effectively bulletproof. He could busdrive night actions by swtiching the balls he give to players. He could have learned how to be a hider from dodging vollies. Having a very minor "profession", he could simply be a townie. Or the name of the role could have no bearing at all on what the role actually does.

So no, we really can't tell what your role is from the name. Though I will note that you intended your name claim to serve as a full-claim (for whatever reason) and ask you emphatically not to give a genuine claim (for the time being at least).

As for your last statement, that is what "newbiegirl" seemed to imply.
He asked to be replaced in 39. (Think about it, even if he wasn't miserable in this game; if he had to choose one game to replace out of, why not the one where everybody's suddenly started giving him crap?)
Do you want me to comment on what specially? I already said what I think about Timeater. Why are you defending him that much?
Not sure what does Muerrto agreeing with me means. For now Im waiting for Ergo and his analysis.
Call me Tajo.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Falcone »

Falcone wrote:Do you mean you intended to unvote your negative vote for yourself, and then negative vote Timeater, while also leaving your positive vote on Timeater? If so, why?

Grimmy needs to defend himself asap.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:11 am

Post by skitzer »

Vote Count Equations At the Moment:

Grimmy = +Vivian Darkblaam+Falcone+Voodo+ShadowGirl+Battousai = 5
Erg0 = +Muerrto+TonyMontana-TonyMontana+populartajo = 2
Falcone = +Erg0 = 1
Muerrto = = 0
Vivian Darkblaam = = 0
Voodo = = 0
Battousai = = 0
fuzzylightning = = 0
ShadowGirl = = 0
nhat = = 0
populartajo = = 0
TonyMontana = = 0
Jimmybot = -Vivian Darkblaam-Erg0-ShadowGirl = -3

Not Voting = -Battousai-Falcone+fuzzylightning-fuzzylightning+Grimmy-Grimmy-Muerrto+nhat-nhat-populartajo-Voodo = -5

FoS Count:

Battousai has pointed a finger of suspicion at Timeater!
Voodo has pointed a finger of suspicion at Grimmy!
Grimmy has pointed a finger of suspicion at Iron Man!
Grimmy has pointed a finger of suspicion at populartajo!
Falcone has pointed a finger of suspicion at TonyMontana!
Falcone has pointed a finger of suspicion at Battousai!
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:16 am

Post by populartajo »

Whats the case on Grimmy, huh?
Call me Tajo.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

The best summarization of the case on Grimmy:
nhat wrote:He put someone at L-1 for a lame reason, then unvotes and pointed fingers of suspicion at two lurking players, even though one of those players was decidedly not lurking.
Vivian Darkblaam
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:28 pm

populartajo wrote: Do you want me to comment on what specially? I already said what I think about Timeater. Why are you defending him that much?
I wanted to point out how narrowly focused your case for "Timeater was enjoying this game" was. When I see craplogic, I point it out, and it's not my fault there's been toiletloads of it surrounding this whole Timeater affair. Didn't you yourself say that this wagon was "full of information"?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Battousai »

tajo: I think you are an overanalyser. The reason I'm saying this, is because it appears that you have some suspicion for Muerrto for
agreeing
with you on a point that he has already addressed. I don't think vivian finds me suspicious for agreeing with her about the timeater replacement tell event.

Right now I'm waiting for grimmy to post. I don't think he has posted since he's been at L-2.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I had read the game at the point when I made my first post, but I figured the Timeater thing was probably the most important for me to address straight away. I actually wrote a much larger post about vote mechanics and numbers for a lynch, then had to delete most of it when I realised that skitzer had specified in one of the opening posts that it was seven to lynch.
populartajo wrote:For now Im waiting for Ergo and his analysis.
It's pretty much too early for real analysis. Grimmy made a couple of obvscummy moves, but I'm not going to consider a vote there until he provides some sort of defence. There's not really anything more for me to say about Tim, I can only speculate as to his motives for dropping out when he did. I will say that he didn't seem to me like the type to shy away from conflict, though.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:20 am

Post by Grimmy »

Grimmys long awaited response.

The beginning of this game was full of RL distractions. I was preparing my work to be done so I could be covered in the chance that I got called to serve on a jury. This did not happen, but I had to prepare for this just in case.

First of all
UNFOS: Tajo and Ironman

now for the play by play
commentary to follow.
---------------------------------------
Post 9 Fuzzy: Random vote for Time
Post 25 Tajo: votes Time. thought random at first, but now not so sure, especially when he called out the ebwop later
Post 35 Muerto:
“Did you just name claim AND start personal insults on page 2 and call HER a newbie?” votes Time
Post 37 Voodo:
“ Without any leads so far, you're the one I'd be most happy lynching, considering your play style. Plus, I doubt anything bad would happen to someone who is majority negative-voted. You were asking people to negative-vote you. Not much of a lead, but the only one so far.” Votes Time
POST 39 time asks to be replaced
Post 53 Tony Montana:
“Leaving a mini on page 2? ” Votes Time
Post 54 Grimmy:
he wants out, and we have no other leads at the moment, so i say we save the waste of time of finding as replacement Votes Time
Post 55 Tajo: Unvotes time due to speed of lynch

Post 59: Vivian votes for Grimmy, not liking his reasons for vote.
Part of my vote reflect the SAME reason Voodo voted, yet no mention of him.
Post 62: Voodo :
“FOS: Grimmy for saying "Might as well lynch him if he's asking for a replacement." How do we know he's not an Angel or something?”
This didn’t become an option when you put your vote on him as there were no better options.
Post 64, Vivian’s post made a lot of sense, prompting me to UNVOTE in the next post 65

Post 65:
I made a mistake.
I did a quick look to see who wanted posting to try to get some more info into the game, and mistakenly added Tajo to that list. It was a mistake which people have decided is lynch worthy, I disagree that it is lynchworthy. My only reason for pointing fingers was to look for another option besides Time for today’s lynch.
Post 68: Muerto stands by his vote of Time, due to the timing of his request for replacement.
Post 69: Fuzzy unvotes Time.
Post 71, Falcone: votes Grimmy. He states his reasons, which is why im posting this now.
Post 73, Voodo: Votes Grimmy. States im trying to “distract” everyone
Wifom on this one, as it appear that you are doing the same thing you are accusing me of doing.

Post 78: Voodo: says im trying to distract everyone from me by pointing FOS’s.
I pointed FOS’s to try to get other people to post more. I was mistaken in FOS’ing Tajo.
The other (Ironman) was replaced, so my FOS’S are pointless now.

post 96 Voodo revotes Grimmy for good meaure.
I guess he really means it! (I thought you voted me before as well.)

Post 98: Shadowgirl votes Grimmy for the replacement issue.
*(ill talk more about this at the end)

Post 100: Battie votes Grimmy for pressure and the time vote., fixes this vote in post 105.
(he really means it too! J )

---------------------------------------------

Now. I stated TWO reasons for voting for Time. While everyone has called me out on ONE Of them, the other has not been mentioned at all.
1) we did not have a better choice for a lynch target than Time when I placed my vote. I was not the only person to make this choice, but everyone has focuses on me voting him due to reason number two
2) He asked for a replacement.
To be perfectly honest, I HATE when this happens in a game. Not just for having to re-evaluate the new person while keeping in mind what the olderperson did, but I have been in and seen games stalled while waiting for a replacement (im currently in another game where it stalled as everyone was waiting for a response from one person who ended up having to be replaced). The timing of this in one game made me not want to deal with a replacement this early in another game. So this reason was more of a personal pet peeve. There have been other good/not so good reasons for people to vote for the same person, but because this one stood out, everyone has questioned it and voted on it accordingly. I do not blame them for doing so, so I posted this to explain the reasoning behind this reason for voting Time.

The FOSes. To repeat, i did a very very quick skim to see who was not posting, and ended up mixing Tajo's name in there by mistake. IronMan ended up also needing replacement (Grrr....) but the only reason I put FOS'es on anyone at this point was to encourage posting to be able to have more information to read when I would be able to return to the game.

Any other questions or comments will be answered quicker than the previous ones, as the major RL issues have been resolved for now.

Sorry to keep everyoen waiting.
Grimmy

now I have a question for those who are voting for me.
After reading my explaination, do you still feel that I am scummy and worth voting for? if so, what part(s) of my explaination does not agree with you?
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Battousai »

Grimmy wrote: Part of my vote reflect the SAME reason Voodo voted, yet no mention of him.
The part of your vote that I take issue with is where you want to lynch an empty seat to avoid getting a replacement, whereas vodoo voted time before he asked for replacement. Also the timing of the vote (I believe it was L-1, not sure) raised a brow as well from me.

However you have made me look at two players a little differently, vodoo, and Tony Montana. Tony for basically the same thing as you, but on a lesser scale (didn't flat out try to lynch an empty seat, but did quote asking for a replacement as a reasoning for his vote), and Vodoo, the distract everyone comment, rereading that reminds me of a past game I was in where someone thought it was scummy of me to FoS 3 people for not contributing. I honestly see nothing wrong with it still, and in Grimmy's case is not something worth voting over.

FoS: Tony_Montana, Vodoo
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by populartajo »

Erg0 wrote:I had read the game at the point when I made my first post, but I figured the Timeater thing was probably the most important for me to address straight away. I actually wrote a much larger post about vote mechanics and numbers for a lynch, then had to delete most of it when I realised that skitzer had specified in one of the opening posts that it was seven to lynch.
populartajo wrote:For now Im waiting for Ergo and his analysis.
It's pretty much too early for real analysis. Grimmy made a couple of obvscummy moves, but I'm not going to consider a vote there until he provides some sort of defence. There's not really anything more for me to say about Tim, I can only speculate as to his motives for dropping out when he did. I will say that he didn't seem to me like the type to shy away from conflict, though.
What obvscummy moves?
I skimed Grimmy's post and I feel so far satisified with it. Do all his voters feel that way or not?
Call me Tajo.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:01 pm

Post by Falcone »

So, Grimmy, let me get this straight. With regards to your vote for Timeater, you now claim you had two reasons for it, 1) lack of a better lynch candidate and 2) asking for a replacement.

The first is a fair enough I suppose, at least on page 2 of the game. What most certainly is not fair enough is putting someone at L-1 on page 2, especially not "for lack of another option".

The second is a stupid reason, since you admit that asking for a replacement is not scummy, but that you just don't like it when a replacement is needed.

What bothers me in this explanation is that you seem to think I and other players are voting you for your
reasons
for voting Timeater, while I (and I assume others too) are really voting you
for putting Timeater at L-1 for no good reasons
. You understand the difference right?

In my case, there was another reason for voting you, the misplaced and badly reasoned FoS'es in #65. You now claim you wanted to pressure some lurkers and made the mistake of thinking populartajo was a lurker. Again you misunderstand (or misrepresent?) the real reason why I took issue with the FoS'es.

I have no problem believing that you made a mistake in thinking populartajo was a lurker while he was clearly not, since I can't see any benefit for scum to accuse someone of lurking when they aren't. No one is going to be mislynched for lurking when they can point to several contributing posts.

I do have a problem with the timing of your FoS'es. They came right after VivianDarkblaam attacked you for your badly timed and badly reasoned vote for Timeater and asked you to scumhunt (#64). Your FoS'es "for lurking" were at that point the easiest way for you to appear to be scumhunting, without really doing it. At the same time, those FoS'es could be seen as a blatant attempt to shift away the attention you were starting to get.

So in summary, no, your explanation do not make me feel a whole lot better about you.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:03 pm

Post by Falcone »

Completely unrelated
note to self
: When you have more time, investigate why your gut is screaming that Battousai is scum .
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:47 am

Post by Grimmy »

Falcone wrote:So, Grimmy, let me get this straight. With regards to your vote for Timeater, you now claim you had two reasons for it, 1) lack of a better lynch candidate and 2) asking for a replacement.

The first is a fair enough I suppose, at least on page 2 of the game. What most certainly is not fair enough is putting someone at L-1 on page 2, especially not "for lack of another option".

The second is a stupid reason, since you admit that asking for a replacement is not scummy, but that you just don't like it when a replacement is needed.

What bothers me in this explanation is that you seem to think I and other players are voting you for your
reasons
for voting Timeater, while I (and I assume others too) are really voting you
for putting Timeater at L-1 for no good reasons
. You understand the difference right?

In my case, there was another reason for voting you, the misplaced and badly reasoned FoS'es in #65. You now claim you wanted to pressure some lurkers and made the mistake of thinking populartajo was a lurker. Again you misunderstand (or misrepresent?) the real reason why I took issue with the FoS'es.

I have no problem believing that you made a mistake in thinking populartajo was a lurker while he was clearly not, since I can't see any benefit for scum to accuse someone of lurking when they aren't. No one is going to be mislynched for lurking when they can point to several contributing posts.

I do have a problem with the timing of your FoS'es. They came right after VivianDarkblaam attacked you for your badly timed and badly reasoned vote for Timeater and asked you to scumhunt (#64). Your FoS'es "for lurking" were at that point the easiest way for you to appear to be scumhunting, without really doing it. At the same time, those FoS'es could be seen as a blatant attempt to shift away the attention you were starting to get.

So in summary, no, your explanation do not make me feel a whole lot better about you.
I appreciate the effort and now I have this to add in response to your post.

I FOS'ed the (one mistaken) lurkers
only
to pressure them to post something. It wasnt as much suspicion (although i have seen where lurkerscum fly under the radar for a long time unnoticed while townies lynch each other) as a prod to get them moving.

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:25 am

Post by nhat »

I can't seem to get over this feeling I'm getting from populartajo. His posts in isolation:

0. Positive votes no lynch (WTF?)
1. Quotes mod and expresses amusement at the vote setup (the quotes to pad out his posts is something that recurs often)
2. Unvotes NL and votes Timeater (again, no explanation)
3. Points out a "late" EBWOP (I still don't see what's so bad), asks timeater about his playstyle (Don't see how this question is useful)
4. Asks about vivian's alt (dunno why it's relevant, but eh, null)
5. Quotes his post 3
6-7. Questions timeater's # of games, and whether or not he has an alt.
8-9. Flabbergasted by my questioning him about caring about timeater so much
10. Tries to build a case to show how knowing the # of timeater's games matters (and pushing it HARD)
Errr. This is too fast guys. If he wants a replacement then we wait for the replacement. If he doesnt want a replacement then Id suggest waiting for 3-4 more pages to suspect at least another person.
Positive Unvote : Time.

(The waiting 3-4 pages to suspect another person looks strange to me. What's the point? Sort of arbitrary to decide to wait so long before looking at other suspects)

12. Quotes Battousai's FoS and fires off dumb question.
13. Quotes Grimmy's FoS where he falsely accuses tajo of lurking, calls him on it (fair enough)
14-15. Quotes Timeater and rags on him for posting while waiting for his replacement
16. Quotes Ergo about his thoughts on the vote setup, adds one word
We need to lynch Ergo. I find his wagon full of information.
Positive Vote: Ergo

(So we need to lynch him? This is not a good explanation. At all.)

18. Still pushing that timeater is scummy because he posted while waiting for a replacement (and getting very old)
19. Inexplicably quotes timeater a bunch of times. Literally explains nothing.
20. Gives explanation of post 19 (after being chided)
21. Quotes VD about ignoring her posts, he asks for follow-up (fair enough)
22. Quotes VD's megapost and accuses her of defending timeater (she wasn't)
(read the game and find out :roll:)

24. Defends Grimmy for whatever reason.

In a nutshell, strange voting and timing (saying that timeater's wagon was growing too fast, unvoting, then trying to resurrect it after he was replaced), the strange questions, and him defending Grimmy without providing reason besides "I feel so far satisfied".

unvote
vote - populartajo
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by Erg0 »

populartajo wrote:What obvscummy moves?
Pretty much what nhat said in post 101:
nhat wrote:OTOH, I like the grimmy bandwagon. He put someone at L-1 for a lame reason, then unvotes and pointed fingers of suspicion at two lurking players, even though one of those players was decidedly not lurking.
populartajo wrote:I skimed Grimmy's post and I feel so far satisified with it. Do all his voters feel that way or not?
This is a slightly odd thing to say, given that you apparently didn't know what the case against Grimmy was before he made that post. What about the post satisfied you?
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by ShadowGirl »

Unvote.

Hm. I will keep in mind what Grimmy did - putting someone to L-1 solely for asking a replacement isn't good however...

Tajo seems to be looking worse and worse.

He seems to have just pulled a reason out a hat to justify lynching Erg0. :/
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:52 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

I am slightly torn between Grimmy and tajo. Seeing the case against tajo makes it hard to look past him because his play has been slightly odd, as noted by nhat. I think, following his reaction to Grimmy's post maybe there is some buddying up going on there, and I think 1 of them is probably scum. My guess is tajo, so
positive vote: tajo
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:33 am

Post by populartajo »

Shadowgilr wrote:Tajo seems to be looking worse and worse.
Why?
FL wrote:Seeing the case against tajo makes it hard to look past him because his play has been slightly odd,
What odd play?
People stop being lazy and quote things. Give your own reasoning. Either you are scum picking me as the easy target or you just dont have thinking of your own.
Now nhat. Answers in bold.
nhat wrote:I can't seem to get over this feeling I'm getting from populartajo. His posts in isolation:

0. Positive votes no lynch (WTF?)
Random

1. Quotes mod and expresses amusement at the vote setup (the quotes to pad out his posts is something that recurs often)
2. Unvotes NL and votes Timeater (again, no explanation)
Semirandom stage comined with a gut feeling about his eagerness to be negative lynched. No need to explain that in those stages of the game

3. Points out a "late" EBWOP (I still don't see what's so bad), asks timeater about his playstyle (Don't see how this question is useful)
Err, he could be scum and Im asking about his meta?. The late EBWOP was joke.

4. Asks about vivian's alt (dunno why it's relevant, but eh, null)
Yeah, null, socialization, you know? Also, more information about her

5. Quotes his post 3
6-7. Questions timeater's # of games, and whether or not he has an alt.
8-9. Flabbergasted by my questioning him about caring about timeater so much
Yes, let me pressure him the way I want. Not any of your business

10. Tries to build a case to show how knowing the # of timeater's games matters (and pushing it HARD)
I dont think it was that hard and I've seen scum doing this many times, do you?

Errr. This is too fast guys. If he wants a replacement then we wait for the replacement. If he doesnt want a replacement then Id suggest waiting for 3-4 more pages to suspect at least another person.

(The waiting 3-4 pages to suspect another person looks strange to me. What's the point? Sort of arbitrary to decide to wait so long before looking at other suspects)
What?? I prevent a quick wagon and you find me suspicious?

12. Quotes Battousai's FoS and fires off dumb question.
Blah, blah, blah.

13. Quotes Grimmy's FoS where he falsely accuses tajo of lurking, calls him on it (fair enough)
Finally.

14-15. Quotes Timeater and rags on him for posting while waiting for his replacement
16. Quotes Ergo about his thoughts on the vote setup, adds one word
We need to lynch Ergo. I find his wagon full of information.
Positive Vote: Ergo

(So we need to lynch him? This is not a good explanation. At all.)
Funny how you missed the part where his wagon is full of information. I still think he's a pretty good lynch for D1.

18. Still pushing that timeater is scummy because he posted while waiting for a replacement (and getting very old)
Very decent reasoning in this stage of the game.

19. Inexplicably quotes timeater a bunch of times. Literally explains nothing.
I thought it wasnt necessary...

20. Gives explanation of post 19 (after being chided)
21. Quotes VD about ignoring her posts, he asks for follow-up (fair enough)
22. Quotes VD's megapost and accuses her of defending timeater (she wasn't)
Accusation? How do you know whats she tinking?

(read the game and find out :roll:)
Stop messing with my scumhunting!!111

24. Defends Grimmy for whatever reason.
I liked the tone of his post. That doesnt make me scum, you know?

In a nutshell, strange voting and timing (saying that timeater's wagon was growing too fast, unvoting, then trying to resurrect it after he was replaced), the strange questions, and him defending Grimmy without providing reason besides "I feel so far satisfied".
BS case. Read above

unvote
vote - populartajo
Call me Tajo.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Falcone »

Populartajo, I mostly agree with your judgment of nhat's case, but you do need to explain one thing.

How did you go from this:
populartajo wrote:Errr. This is too fast guys. If he wants a replacement then we wait for the replacement. If he doesnt want a replacement then Id suggest waiting for 3-4 more pages to suspect at least another person.
To this:
populartajo wrote:We need to lynch Ergo. I find his wagon full of information.Positive Vote: Ergo
In the time between those two posts, you didn't really do anything to try and suspect any other players. What information did Timeater's (Ergo's) bandwagon contain at the time you made your second post that it didn't contain at the time of your first post?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”