Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

ty lilith!

makes sense that you want to give gamma('s slot) some space in that context

would you be able to provide a couple of posts demonstrating where you think gc was supporting MURDERKITTY earlier in the day and where you think he awkwardly avoided it? i'm not sure i quite remember either of those things happening but i was kinda out of it for the last few irl days of yesterday so very possible i missed things

~ skitteR
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:53 pm

In post 1523, Green Crayons wrote:under that theory, i would have helped build the momentum on my scum teammate and then abandoned right at the fork-in-the-road between MC and Gamma, which is pretty bad play imo
well it would have been good play if we flipped town-gamma yesterday instead, i think is what she's saying

i do think that 'supporting the MC elim even when voting gamma' is actually +MC-parter, rather than underming you being a potential partner tho, especially since you're pulling this out as a reason to read the two of you as not-partners

~ skitteR
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

In post 1526, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 1523, Green Crayons wrote:under that theory, i would have helped build the momentum on my scum teammate and then abandoned right at the fork-in-the-road between MC and Gamma, which is pretty bad play imo
well it would have been good play if we flipped town-gamma yesterday instead, i think is what she's saying

i do think that 'supporting the MC elim even when voting gamma' is actually +MC-parter, rather than underming you being a potential partner tho, especially since you're pulling this out as a reason to read the two of you as not-partners

~ skitteR
right, gc felt like he was trying to get the wagon off of murdercat and onto gamma instead, and at a point where I think the gamma wagon could have been viable if things had gone differently.

- Daenerys
Daenerys (lilith2013) and Dragons (SirCakez)!
Account made before GoT was bad don't hate
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:01 pm

In post 323, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 315, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Green Crayons, what are your thoughts on Murderkitten? Please re-quote if I have missed them in earlier posts.

-Dumbass
I have minimal thoughts, and haven't express them.

Pretty neutral opinion. His vote switch from me to Penguin, after I expressed problems with Penguin (from Murder's prompting), I think is more suggestive of town than scum.

Otherwise I get nothing much AI from his play. His probing of my shadow unvote suspicions didn't feel like it was mining for an attack on me, so while I don't think that nets him town points, I don't find it suspicious.
In post 365, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 340, shadowslug wrote:Why would I not want to be on a miselim wagon? I wouldn't care if Infinity gets quick elim'd as maf. I'm hardly going to cop suspicion just for having voted him. Maybe you could argue my unvote was performative, which I'd accept even if it wasn't. But your current reasoning doesn't make sense. Why does it feel like you've already concluded I'm maf and are just trying to find things to justify your read?
this

ignores my interaction with murdercat so he can be have some sort of defense

while also

further winding up waiting for those 3/4 votes on GC so he can finally shift over
In post 537, Green Crayons wrote:cat's recent play is pointedly suspicious or anti-town to the point I'm fancying that it's a purposeful strategy
In post 615, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 599, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 537, Green Crayons wrote:cat's recent play is pointedly suspicious or anti-town to the point I'm fancying that it's a purposeful strategy
like, to take heat off the bomb?
That's the only thing that makes sense from a cat-scum POV. I don't think an otherwise context-less "let me do some just outright bad stuff so people might go 'too scummy to be scum'" is really a valid strategy. And I don't think that cat's play is indicates a noob level approach to the game where they are just falling into these bad plays.
In post 619, Green Crayons wrote:Yeah, I think the obvious candidates for cat-scum doing a weird strategy to draw attention to herself and away from the bomb is either shadow or me, just in terms of votes and who has garnered attention.

Can't think of anyone else who would fit the bill, but maybe infinity?
reread a bit and I don't know if gc was as weird about murder's wagon as I thought. I still think the switch to gamma at the end of the day was kinda weird though (and like, my first reaction to those posts were "egh these words are awkward" and not "oh yay someone joining me on wagon")

- Daenerys
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:02 pm

oops I had quotes queued but then I didn't really think they were worth talking about. might try to look at these again later.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1526, Dumb and Dumber wrote:i do think that 'supporting the MC elim even when voting gamma' is actually +MC-parter, rather than underming you being a potential partner tho, especially since you're pulling this out as a reason to read the two of you as not-partners
This doesn’t make sense to me but also I don’t particularly care. There’s a small pool of potential MC buds, I acknowledge I’m potentially one of them, and towns gotta make it through the list.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:08 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Fwiw whoever mentioned the slot earlier (skitter I believe), catboi has been disgustingly townie since replacing in and I wish it was the opposite for the obvious reason that I want to be right about shadow.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:10 pm

In post 1528, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:I still think the switch to gamma at the end of the day was kinda weird though (and like, my first reaction to those posts were "egh these words are awkward" and not "oh yay someone joining me on wagon")
sorry these were the ones i was looking for, to clarify ^

~ skitteR
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:13 pm

In post 1530, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1526, Dumb and Dumber wrote:i do think that 'supporting the MC elim even when voting gamma' is actually +MC-parter, rather than underming you being a potential partner tho, especially since you're pulling this out as a reason to read the two of you as not-partners
This doesn’t make sense to me but also I don’t particularly care. There’s a small pool of potential MC buds, I acknowledge I’m potentially one of them, and towns gotta make it through the list.
basically scum want to look like they're supporting the scum-wagon (saying they support it) without *actually* supporting the scum wagon (actually voting)

it's a p classic partner-play, esp by later referencing it - they want to look like they supported it and get teh cred for it without actually doing so

but the second half of this post is kinda despite that imo

why do u think catboi is townie?

~ skitteR
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:20 pm

In post 1299, Green Crayons wrote:if i were to vote rn, it'd be on gamma because of his interactions with GOT D&D + his insistence on defending the MC slot based on non-AI reasons

but i want to reread a little bit first before voting
In post 1407, Green Crayons wrote:To clarify, lilith: your case is on a gamma vote?
In post 1416, Green Crayons wrote:VOTE: gamma

For the reasons I stated before as to why i'd like vote him; plus I'm skeptical of his ATE in responding to lilith. lilith's reasons in her case post are also not wrong.

I know i unvoted MC but I'm fine with his elim too. I unvoted him earlier after his explanation of his penguin vote to me, but there's also still his vast lack of activity (not just in frequency of posts, but in pushing any suspicion forward beyond penguin after getting wagoned).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1533, Dumb and Dumber wrote:why do u think catboi is townie?
tone. i generally agree with his reads. looks like he's trying to legitimately assess players.

and now just going through an ISO, he suspected MC while voting gamma, but was voting gamma with reasons and then seemed to naturally evolve his gamma and MC reads so that he switched over to the MC wagon to get it going to an elimination in lieu of a gamma-elim
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1506, catboi wrote:FWIW, I still think murdercat's push on yyotta is potentially partner-y but points away from her being the bomb and so would vote elsewhere today.
can you explain this? I just ISO'd MC and I don't think his push looks partner-y, I think it looks like a safe park vote
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:39 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1535, Green Crayons wrote:i generally agree with his reads.
key word: generally

;)
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:44 pm

oh thanks lilith, ya i see what u mean there tbh

thanks gc for ur responses too :)

~ skitter
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 1518, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 1483, Menalque wrote:Idk my inclination is that scum hardbussed for cred to get into panic room, but that’s purely based on VCs and knowing my own alignment
ok but that would have to be, like, us tho

~ skitteR
I’m planning to prob sit down and work through the game tomo but maybe tonight

But in the meantime is there any reason why this shouldn’t be a plausible thing? Or like any interaction you had with MC that you think spews your slot hard town?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:58 pm

well firstly from my pov i know that's impossible

also we started teh mc wagon like way back during mid-day1, and we were pushing it consistently throuhgout

~ skitter
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:05 pm

Post by Menalque »

So I mean what I’m hearing is no then?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:06 pm

Post by Menalque »

That’s not me calling you scum either, btw

It would just like

Make things much easier if I could write your slot off as town instead of having to actually try and decide how much even fit town vs scum you gets for a goon flip D1
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:08 pm

that's a yes? my slot p clearly doesn't look aligned with MURDERKITTY

~ skitter
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by Menalque »

My question was is there anything that makes it really obvious to me (without the benefit of access to ur role pm) that lets me know that you didn’t hardbus

To which you said that u pushed MC consistently from like mid-D1, which is like... what I’d expect if you had decided to hardbus D1?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:12 pm

Post by Menalque »

So again like, it doesn’t make you scum, but it doesn’t make you an easy clear
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by Menalque »

If you’d had like one of your ~feelings~ from a pingy post on like pg 2 and that had then led to a full blown thing I think I could prob write it off
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:13 pm

Post by Menalque »

Idk I think it would be dumb to lim u the day after you led on scum

But like if u end up in panic room as a result and then lead on the bomb the next day u definitely should be under a lot of consideration there
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:17 pm

In post 734, MURDERCAT wrote:{Infinity 324, Salsabil Faria}
{Gamma Emerald, shadowslug, Green Crayons, Daenerys and Dragons}
{Not_Mafia, PenguinPower, Dumb and Dumber}
{YyottaCat}

I think I'm here.

Infinity isn't doing the "are you scum??" thing he does to me when he is scum.
Salsabil: town slip and generally has no agenda while not doing nothing, if that makes sense

Gamma seems to just be chilling and doesn't seem to be trying to push anything in particular.
Shadow/gc I think might be TvT, but I admit that is in part because of how other people have voted in relation to the 1v1.
Lilith's emotion about dumbass seems real to me, in a TAI way.

NM: ?
PP: Don't really love some of the stuff in his early game or how he has interacted with me.
Dumb and Dumber: Paranoia about trying to get town read, not interested in an elim here

YyottaCat: We need more pressure here.
i started pushing him slightly prior to here for active lurking. after a bit of pressure from me and a few other pepple (iirc the timeline correctly), he produced this readslist

i voted him off of this (continue reading slightly down the page) and that was the impetus of the wagon, and then never really left it

there was no reason for me to start this wagon here as his partner. it's not like someone else started it and i hopped on as it happened. like i was one of the main reasons it happened in the first place ...

~ skitteR
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:24 pm

Post by Menalque »

I feel like ur taking the wrong end of what I’m saying kinda?

I’m not trying to go after u here. The fact u pushed scum is good

But like fmpov, the occam’s explanation of the gamestate is a scum hardbus. Why? Bc I know that the alternative wagon yesterday was on town, which makes me think scum weren’t trying that hard to resist murdercat wagon which in turn makes me think bussing

I’m setup terms, bussing between goons seems like a p strong overall strat? As u need a goon in the room to win (de facto)

So if ur a strong player then it at the very least makes sense to consider a plan of >hardbus other goon >kill in hood if added D1 if not then v likely to be added D2 >hardbus bomb > use towncred gained from leading on 2 scum to win mylo/lylo

Return to “Completed Open Games”