Mini 639 - Sci-Fi/Fantasy Movie Mafia(Over!)

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:47 am

Post by PJ. »

First of all i need to catchup and read up to most of this page,

But i did read the last 2 post to kinda see where I was at,
Unvote, Vote:Knight of Cydonia
Way to vote a guy who just started school, I have 60 hours a week right now where I have other obligations, It's been tough for me to keep up. And that is just work and School, that not counting Girlfriend(s) and MMA training. I honestly think the Knight has nothing else to go on so he is picking the one guy who dropped off the radar. I will be catching up tonight and tomorrow.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:41 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Well I seem to be a homing beacon.. Ike's coming my way and there's about a 80% chance I will lose power, gonna try to get posts in tomorrow afternoon if I have power, elsewise I don't think any outages will last more than a day maybe two. *Posting this in all my games*

(am currently posting from my cell which costs a lot of money so I wont be posting from here again)
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:10 am

Post by Korts »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:
Vote: Panzerjager

LAL, and if he is replaced, I really want to hear this birdie sing. Hasn't done much other than buddy up to others and slide under the radar, which really irritates me, since only scum should feel the need to avoid posting or garnering attention, out of fear they make a scum-slip.
I can get behind this wagon. His OMGUS doesn't help him at all, and he doesn't address major points in KoC's post.

unvote, vote: Panzer
scumchat never die
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:07 am

Post by hasdgfas »

The "wait, are those votes?" vote count

Panzerjager(3): fuzzylightning, Knight of Cydonia, Korts
Knight of Cydonia(1): Panzerjager

Not Voting: Gorrad, farside22, Grimmy, SensFan, DarlaBlueEyes

9 alive, 5 to lynch

Prodding SensFan
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:17 am

Post by SensFan »

Yeah, I could support a Panzer wagon. Don't expect us to just let you coast through because of real-life commitments, when you signed up to play this game.

Lynch -1,
Vote: Panzer
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:49 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

PBPA of Panzerjager - Part 1:
Unvote: Vote Fuzzy Lightning
Pretty much says Hi guys you guys are dumb for arguing and we haven't gotten anywhere from it then says he needs to re-read the 3 pages tonight to find something interesting.

Why is there nothing to learn from the Korts/Rishi exchange? That is the thread right now. And there is definently plenty to learn from it and worth noting.
2 days RL after his random vote, puts a vote on Fuzzylightning for... what, exactly? Saying he needs to read the last few pages?
Also tries to put some eyes on Korts and Rishi, saying that is the entire thread at that point (not necessarily true) and that's what should be looked at.
I learned that Korts is a very aggressive player. I've seen some differences in Rishi's play and some of his explanation i don't really by because it conflicts with my past experiances with the guy. I also noticed that people didn't get the humor behind Rishi's statement, and along with Korts overreacting, Muerrto also overreacted. I have seen a distinct difference in playstyle from Farside as well, I actually like this style. And there is a few more little things I noticed that don't really matter.

I'm not gonna go into this more because I'm still building my thoughts, but I have definently garnered suspicions and it would not of happened without that conversation, so saying it wasn't important is just silly and scummy. And not having time to reread 3 pages is just a cop out in my opinion.
Uses meta to slight Rishi: "from my past experiences with this guy, it doesn't really fit in" (and let me say it unequivocally here - i despise using meta as solid evidence - consider it, yes, but it's not a case). Calls out Korts for being aggressive, and Korts and Muerrto for over-reacting... but wait!
He finally explains his fuzzy vote: "not having time to read three pages is just a cop out in my opinion" - so what, you've never jumped on at work to post a quick one so that you know where you're going when you get on at home? It's basically calling fuzzy a lurker, without saying "lurker".
Also: "I've garnered suspicions from this argument, and saying it's not important is scummy." Um... what? You finding something suspicious and others not finding it so isn't scummy. It's a difference of opinion.

@Farside, I did notice his join date and his townsperson status, My vote was a starter point and was really being used as a stern warning to say "find the deeper meanings, look harder". Also getting upset is not a scumtell. Also, his reaction seems to be a tad overdefensive so I'm keeping my vote there for now.

@Fuzzy, I wasn't implying that you were stupid, I was implying you were using the excuse of I need to reread as a way to buy more time, letting you mull over an answer while more information is given in thread. 3-4 pages in the game it seems very weird one would need to reread, and I understand life gets in the way occasionally, but just because the conversation is annoying is not a reason to skim. And it seems that it is more that you skimmed that you needed to reread then life getting in the way, like if you just read it through you wouldn't have needed to reread. Again, the conversation went plenty of places, you just have to read deeper.
Explains his vote to Farside, saying "his reaction is a tad over-defensive so I'm keeping it there for now".
So, what did you expect from him? You're voting him because he wanted to re-read - there's not a huge amount you can say to that other than "WTF?"
You then use a huge tangled paragraph to explain your position to fuzzy, which can be boiled down to: "I thought you were buying more time to put an answer together, and waiting for more info, and I think (with no evidence pointing to this whatsoever)you just skimmed and wanted more time.
He then says "the conversation went plenty of places, you just have to read deeper" - but again, I have never seen any explanation of what these "deeper" parts of the conversation were, or what you apparently gained from them, Panz.

***Insert useless off-topic conversational post to Gorrad about Comic-Con here***
Unvote, Vote:Muerrto
No content because your no contributing. To complain about content you must provide content. I'm convinced you are scum between your goading in the Rishi-Korts argument and this whole crap about no content. Only way to get content is to make content.
Umm... what? So by your logic, as soon as anyone starts lurking, their views become irrelevant? You misrep his over-reaction into "goading" of Rishi and Korts, and base your vote on the fact that someone who had provided more content than you was asking for people like you to post a bit more. Way to be.
Muerrto wrote:But you said it twice Rishi. Korts voted me because my name means dead and I'm not dead, hence the LAL. Xtomx voted me because he tried to kill my invincible guy in the last game and bounced off, natch. You voted me supposedly 'random' and then stated twice a reason for it. If it's a joke, why reinforce it so much?
You poke your head in the argument to say boo Rishi, without actually commited yourself to the cause.

So people aren't allowed to have an opinion on something that directly involves them?

Muerrto wrote: I think that was the point of the move on you, you didn't HAVE a reason but you stated one, twice.

I'm not calling for your lynch or anything but you surely understand we don't your PM so why would you do something that's obv gonna make us distrust you?
Another poke not exactly trying to get rishi lynched and you say the obvious "we don't know your role PM so why would you do something to purposly make us distrust you?" Mafia is a game of lies, dude. Everyone is lying. Town - Scum don't matter. Cop is trying to lie and make us perceive him as scummy but not too scummy or just an vanilla or whatever. Scum is trying to be town. Vanillas are trying to scum hunt and not be viewed as scummy.

Okay, this, this here, stinks. "Everyone is lying". Nope. I'm not lying. I'm pretty sure fuzzy ain't lying. Korts probably isn't lying.
"Cop is trying to lie and make us percieve him as scummy but not too scummy" No, he isn't. Cop generally wants to look as town as possible, IME.
"Vanilla's are trying to scum hunt and not be too scummy" - so they're not lying then? You've just contradicted yourself IN THE SAME POST. And only scum usually need to lie.

Muerrto wrote:
My bad, you said it twice cause you EBWOP.

Personally, I don't think it's a big deal and I think Korts and you both are making too big a deal out of it. Let's hear from some of the quiet ones.
"Oh, my bad I didn't get the info right cause I was trying to pin you as scum. How about we just drop this because we are loosing steam"

Wow. What post were you reading? And this is where your argument about Muerrto "goading" Korts and Rishi falls down - here he is, actually trying to stop the argument, whilst being a lot more civil than you were about the whole thing.

Muerrto wrote:

Um...so there's the quote where he said over-reacted without actually quoting where I over-reacted. Reading truly is fundamental and somewhat necessary in a forum game.

So Panzer voting me after he himself said it is bad, Korts following up without any reason and without obviously even reading the thread is worse.

Also, Panzer, you seem to be voting me because of my lack of content. Can you tell me what's the difference between myself and the multiple other people not contributing? I've actually contributed more than several other people so far so an explanation of your 'I'm convinced he's scum' would be great. On page 5 no less...
Overreacting was the wrong word. You were being low key and was making little attempts at pinning Rishi then jumped off as soon as the wagon started to dissipate. You also Ad-Hom me in this post saying reading is essential in forum games, and Sir, I have been reading and noting a lot more then just about anyone in this game. What did I say was bad, please use quotes. And the difference between you and the lurkers is you have been have been making little worthless half attacks on rishi then disappeared after the wagon was down and then came back and complained about content.
It seems that you are lurking in plain sight.

That bolded section? That's what I politely like to think of as the "pot calling kettle: you're black." section.
Pulls out of his "overreacting" argument, trying to redress it up as something else entirely. Claims to have been reading and noting more than anyone else in this game - so where is all this wonderful info you've been taking note of, Panz? It's certainly never popped up in your posts.
Oh, and no attack is ever worthless, and you yourself admitted Rishi was over-reacting, so Muerrto was perfectly right to take a look at him.

Muerrto wrote: Also in case anyone's interested Panzer currently has 6 posts with multiple vote changes while I have 8 with only 1 vote, for Rishi.

So I've contributed more content than the person he's trying to call out for lack thereof.

Unvote

Vote for Panzer pending his explanation that way I can use quotes(something he doesn't do apparently) so he can see my vote is not OMGUS.

So what you have 2 more post, that were added after I made that comment btw, and who cares if I have a joke vote and a pressure vote to my name right now? Does the number of votes really matter? And before you start going there, you should really meta me and see if vote hopping is abnormal. But since farside isn't wanting meta reasoning I'll give some more concrete reasoning; you haven't contributed more then have. My post have been much bigger and contained much more actual content then your posts have, which leads back to who the hell cares about post count. And I use quotes when they are necessary, not just because.

Also I love how you unvote, but don't actually vote me then say it's because you don't want to OMGUS, which really means, "I don't want to vote without anyone else's helped and I hope he talks himself into a hole here"

And before I end this post, I would like to say you overreacted and got defensive quite quickly about me saying you overreacted.

"Does the number of votes I've made really matter?" Um, YEAH. You've flip-flopped onto whoever you thought you could pull a tiny case together on. Pre-emptively calls Muerrto OMGUS for waiting for a response before voting him - which would technically be the absolute opposite of OMGUS, since he's waiting for you to post something before he puts his vote down - as opposed to just voting you straight away.

I'll go through the rest later.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:51 am

Claim please, Panzer.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:15 am

Post by farside22 »

Panzerjager wrote:First of all i need to catchup and read up to most of this page,

But i did read the last 2 post to kinda see where I was at,
Unvote, Vote:Knight of Cydonia
Way to vote a guy who just started school, I have 60 hours a week right now where I have other obligations, It's been tough for me to keep up. And that is just work and School, that not counting Girlfriend(s) and MMA training. I honestly think the Knight has nothing else to go on so he is picking the one guy who dropped off the radar. I will be catching up tonight and tomorrow.
This could not be more OMGUS of a vote. This isn't even a reason to vote. Sure life is busy, but voting someone because they voted for you when have been not really playing the game. Scum hunting or around, which looks like lurking comes off scummy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:43 am

Panzer, if you don't claim a role, even one no-one will ever believe, we can't ridicule it. Claim please.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:57 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I endorse the previous post. Claim plz. kthxbai
Show
you done goofed.

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:14 am

Post by Korts »

What those two said. This game's standing still for Panzer's claim right now, and I don't see anything I could question to start discussion right now...
scumchat never die
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:50 am

Post by Grimmy »

just to note

Im done with the jury duty.

Playing catch up in here and rl, but I wont need replacement for an extended absence.

grimmy

welcome back
-Cow
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:23 am

Panzer, if you can prove your innocence with a claim and evidence, we'll let you off. Just freaking claim already.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:19 am

Post by PJ. »

E.T. from E.T Vanilla. Way to force a claim. now want evidence? suffer the consequences of impatience and following clearly scummy players
Unvote, Vote:Panzerjager
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:22 am

Post by hasdgfas »

The End of Day 3 vote count

Panzerjager(5): fuzzylightning, Knight of Cydonia, Korts, SensFan, Panzerjager

Not Voting: Gorrad, farside22, Grimmy, DarlaBlueEyes

9 alive, 5 to lynch

Deadline would have been 9/20, for those curious.
Last edited by hasdgfas on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:40 am

Post by hasdgfas »

It was only the middle of the day, and yet accusations were flying towards a single person: Panzerjager. Everyone seemed to have the same thoughts.
"Who are you? You must be evil, you're from an alien movie!"

However, he stayed quiet most of the day as the accusations piled up and the fingers flew towards him. As soon as he thought that nobody would object, he decided that it was time for him to leave, even though he knew he would be missed.

His finger started to glow, he pointed it towards the others, and then himself.

"I'll be right here."

With a last look, he pointed the disintegration ray at himself and pulled the trigger, sleeping for the final time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The researchers looked on in horror as Panzer fell to the ground. One of the most lovable characters ever was gone, and there was nothing they could do to save him. At least they had their memories of him.

Panzerjager, E.T., Vanilla Townie, lynched D3

It is now night 3. Please get night choices in within 72 hours.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:50 am

Post by hasdgfas »

The sun rose on the new landscape that everyone found themselves in:

A quick headcount showed only 7 people, but owing to the previous counting errors, everyone counted. Everyone got 7 people.
They looked around, wondering who was gone.

"hey, where's farside22,"
Korts asked.

Fearing the worst, everyone looked around and saw something shimmering in the distance. They ran towards it as farside22 began to materialize in front of them.

"uh, hi everyone,"
she said,
"it's nice to know that you're so worried about me".

"Ok,"
SensFan said,
"now that we're all here, let's get down to business."

Nobody died during Night 3. It is now Day 4. 8 alive, 5 to lynch. Deadline Block begins on October 2.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Do I really need to tell you that flavor has no indication of alignment? Yes, because I just did)
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:51 am

Post by SensFan »

KoC. Why did my action targetting you fail?
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
fuzzylightning
fuzzylightning
Goon
fuzzylightning
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:53 am

Post by fuzzylightning »

OK, KoC who did you try and kill?
2-1 as Town (including the 39 minute final day)
0-1 as Mafia
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:01 am

Post by farside22 »

I will tell you right now I did not block KOC.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:04 am

Post by SensFan »

farside22 wrote:I will tell you right now I did not block KOC.
Did you block me?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:16 am

Post by farside22 »

SensFan wrote:
farside22 wrote:I will tell you right now I did not block KOC.
Did you block me?
No I did not block you. I blocked Gorrad. I thought about blocking Fuzzy again, but I thought if he lied about being a one shot vig he might try and take a shot. Then I thought if I'm suspicious of him I should target another person on my unsure list. Gorrad fit the bill because I just didn't understand why he would target Korts to find out his movie. More people questioned KOC's role then anyone else. I just didn't understand why he investigated who he said he investigated.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Gorrad »

I didn't investigate KoC because he claimed AFTER I said my ability, meaning if he fakeclaimed, it would be from the same movie. Trust me, I wish that wasn't the case, and that's why I wanted to wait for all claims before I claimed.

I can confirm Farside's block. I investigated Fuzzy and got no result.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:41 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Well we must have 2 RBs if farside is telling the truth, I got blocked trying to track KoC.
Show
you done goofed.

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by Korts »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Well we must have 2 RBs if farside is telling the truth, I got blocked trying to track KoC.
Maybe a jailkeeper, you'd have been an obvious target for NK. I'm almost thinking we should massclaim.
scumchat never die

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”