Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:37 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 764, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:cake what fearmongering am i doing
I actually got the post backwards. MB.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:48 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Spiffeh's push on me seems disingenuous primary in that it came right after GreyICE threw shade on me in a few posts above rather than seemingly organically against anything I actually posted

I feel like the reason I asked about LLD is obvious and explained in the post and going "durr LLD claimed mason of course they think she's town why would you harp on that" seems utterly determined to miss the intent I had: trying to gauge ffery's demeanor on LLD prior to that

GreyICE seems I guess upset I don't have a read on a slot so that can be elaborated upon too at earliest convenience
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:52 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 773, sangres wrote:bork's scum again it will show pretty quickly because he hates being scum
for serious, i'd probably be feeling the urge to literally sitequit for a year at this point if i rolled scum in this fucking playerlist after all the drain circling that has been my scumplay since i returned
beefycheese
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:54 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 788, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 773, sangres wrote:I'm nowhere near 100% on bork being town, but I liked his "you don't have to worry about me" post, and kinda townread it.

I think if bork's scum again it will show pretty quickly because he hates being scum and is no doubt still exhausted from drawing 2 scum roles in a row.
I admit the "you don't have to worry about me" part of that post was what most I townread him for from his ISO

However, that is overshadowed by two things:
1. His posts this game just seem overly...polished/manufactured? 694 is one of the posts that gave me this impression. Idk how to put it but I just get the vibe he's concerned with how he comes across here where I didn't at all feel that way in Tenet.
2. More concerning, I didn't like his interaction with you. The question about your read on LLD before her mason claim is pretty useless, as LLD has already claimed mason and is confirmed town assuming that claim is true. What is he looking for from you in terms getting a read when asking that? And then mentioning Tenet and how you both were fooled by LLD felt off to me too. I think scum!bork recognizes part of his win condition is getting town!sangres on his side and I view this interaction more as him buddying you than genuinely trying to get a read on you.

I can foresee this Day turning into the MathBlade/Titus/Dunnstral show and I'd prefer to shine some light on and not write off some of the players that are more likely to escape radars.
I don't think scum!Bork can snow ffery this game due to what happened in Tenet.
In post 795, sangres wrote:
In post 788, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 773, sangres wrote:I'm nowhere near 100% on bork being town, but I liked his "you don't have to worry about me" post, and kinda townread it.

I think if bork's scum again it will show pretty quickly because he hates being scum and is no doubt still exhausted from drawing 2 scum roles in a row.
I admit the "you don't have to worry about me" part of that post was what most I townread him for from his ISO

However, that is overshadowed by two things:
1. His posts this game just seem overly...polished/manufactured? 694 is one of the posts that gave me this impression. Idk how to put it but I just get the vibe he's concerned with how he comes across here where I didn't at all feel that way in Tenet.
2. More concerning, I didn't like his interaction with you. The question about your read on LLD before her mason claim is pretty useless, as LLD has already claimed mason and is confirmed town assuming that claim is true. What is he looking for from you in terms getting a read when asking that? And then mentioning Tenet and how you both were fooled by LLD felt off to me too. I think scum!bork recognizes part of his win condition is getting town!sangres on his side and I view this interaction more as him buddying you than genuinely trying to get a read on you.

I can foresee this Day turning into the MathBlade/Titus/Dunnstral show and I'd prefer to shine some light on and not write off some of the players that are more likely to escape radars.
I applaud your final sentence here, but I feel like it's been the MathBlade/Dunnstral show, which is my biggest qualm about voting Dunn, plus a few of his posts do give me some town-glimmers. Nacho's Dunn-scumread is the stronger one.

I'm hyper-alert about bork, and I'm going to give him room for now.
I just want Math to STFU and let the game breathe for a day
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:54 am

Post by SirCakez »

I'm not seeing whatever you're seeing in Dunn's more recent posting Spiffeh
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:55 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 803, SirCakez wrote:I don't think scum!Bork can snow ffery this game due to what happened in Tenet.
?
beefycheese
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:00 pm

Post by SirCakez »

because ffery's aforementioned paranoia
And I feel like if you are scum you'd be aware of that
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

i mean, i play w/ ffery all the time, trying to find each other early isn't really a new thing for us, and i would definitely make an attempt to engage her as scum as i did in illicit substances, the last game where we had that exact alignment combo, where she kind of sat in my pocket all game to the point that she wouldn't let cabd vote me.

so yeah, a++++ would attempt pocket again

it strikes me that your posts about this aren't really considering the possibility that they're not town
beefycheese
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:14 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 799, sangres wrote:I will be incredibly sad if you are scum, because you succinctly stated my feelings about Dunn.
At the time I expressed my thoughts on Dunn he only had four posts and has posted a lot since, do you have any thoughts on his more recent posts?

Also idk the point of you mentioning that you'll be sad if I'm scum is to the answer of that question?
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

I still don't really have a good bead on Dunn. The interaction is reasonable w/ Prism, but is not really satisfying as a qualifier for
beefycheese
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by Prism »

Alright, well, pretty sure Bork is town, game is very interesting but also no energy ever to rework through slots that actually need it and I have a 2 hour drive to make before I can circle around to this game and god knows if I'm going to have the energy after that but I will try.

Haha, yeet.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 801, borkjerfkin wrote:Spiffeh's push on me seems disingenuous primary in that it came right after GreyICE threw shade on me in a few posts above rather than seemingly organically against anything I actually posted

I feel like the reason I asked about LLD is obvious and explained in the post and going "durr LLD claimed mason of course they think she's town why would you harp on that" seems utterly determined to miss the intent I had: trying to gauge ffery's demeanor on LLD prior to that
Ok now I'm two for two on players vocally suspect coming back and saying my push was scummy. Nice.

I do appreciate that you bothered to explain why you felt this way unlike Dunnstral who just calls me scummy, votes me, and doesn't elaborate.

I didn't realize GreyICE's " :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: " was shade on you until I went back to check what the hell you were talking about, nor would I have really cared if I knew about his shade when writing my post. Do you think I'm unable to create my own pushes and I was just waiting for an opportunity to go after you? Genuine question, what makes my push 'disingenuous' in your eyes rather than just town!me being wrong about you?

The LLD question seemed like a throwaway question to capitalize on the chance to buddy ffery. I think there are tons of other more useful things/players you could have engaged her about to get a read on her, but the way you parleyed that into reminiscing about how you both were fooled by LLD in the past seemed like you were prioritizing getting on her good side over actually caring about her thoughts on LLD.

I recognize that might look like I'm forcing something that might not be there since I don't know your mafia history/relationship with ffery, but that's how I saw it from the outside looking in.

While I'm not happy that your response is to call me disingenuous, I do feel like the attitude in your more recent posts feels a lot less manufactured and its conceivable that you could feel this way about me if you're town and I came at you for reasons you don't feel are that credible.

How do you feel about GreyICE?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by Titus »

I kinda feel like sangres could be scum this game, but that could just be OMGUS. I don't have any particularly strong case or reason there. Same with Dunn.

I feel LLD and GreyICE are probably town, but their play is shit. LLD in particular cares more about control than honesty and valor. I bet that will make her angry but I don't really care about LLD's tantrums.

I am glad Math is actually quiet for a few hours to let the thread discussion go elsewhere for now.

I'm a bit paranoid Spiffeh is whiteknighting me but I like his content so I'm going to crawl into his pocket. I've been a bit lackluster this game and I know it, so I wonder how I'm so high in Spiffeh's reads.

Bork I lean town on but I want to see more to solidify that feeling.

Cakez is in the same emotional place as me, so I'm ok slotting him as town for now.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:36 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Also I am probably soon going to reach my threshold on the number of players allowed to scum read me without punishment. Objectively this is the most obviously town I have been in a game in a year or two at least and I will no longer be tolerating scum reads on me at this time.

Thank you all for your concern in this matter.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

its p funny cakez/titus both want mathb to stop scumspewing all over the thread lulz
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:40 pm

In post 813, Spiffeh wrote:Also I am probably soon going to reach my threshold on the number of players allowed to scum read me without punishment. Objectively this is the most obviously town I have been in a game in a year or two at least and I will no longer be tolerating scum reads on me at this time.

I am only giving you a TR because my SRs are full and I will get back to you if any of my SRs flips green and I have a spot open.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:43 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 815, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 813, Spiffeh wrote:Also I am probably soon going to reach my threshold on the number of players allowed to scum read me without punishment. Objectively this is the most obviously town I have been in a game in a year or two at least and I will no longer be tolerating scum reads on me at this time.

I am only giving you a TR because my SRs are full and I will get back to you if any of my SRs flips green and I have a spot open.
Logic says I should scumread this but it tonally feels town...
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:44 pm

I am always tonally very town
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:44 pm

Quite possibly the towniest town who ever towned
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 811, Spiffeh wrote:I didn't realize GreyICE's " " was shade on you until I went back to check what the hell you were talking about, nor would I have really cared if I knew about his shade when writing my post. Do you think I'm unable to create my own pushes and I was just waiting for an opportunity to go after you? Genuine question, what makes my push 'disingenuous' in your eyes rather than just town!me being wrong about you?
Not saying you're unable to create your own pushes, but the heat map generated later in the game once flips have happened gets blurry when that kind of piggybacking happens and it seemed more than coincidental to me that GreyICE posted what he did and all the sudden you had something substantive to say about me.

You came back w/ a response that suggests you legitimately didn't know what I was talking about so i don't want to go any further on that
Spiffeh wrote:The LLD question seemed like a throwaway question to capitalize on the chance to buddy ffery. I think there are tons of other more useful things/players you could have engaged her about to get a read on her, but the way you parleyed that into reminiscing about how you both were fooled by LLD in the past seemed like you were prioritizing getting on her good side over actually caring about her thoughts on LLD.
Yeah lol I'd love to reminisce how we got bodied in tenet. thanks for that.
I dunno - it seemed pretty clear from my followup what I was trying to do there.

re: greyice; opening looked pretty town to me, want to see what his response is to my inquiry about downarrow-gate though
beefycheese
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:57 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 812, Titus wrote:I feel LLD and GreyICE are probably town, but their play is shit. LLD in particular cares more about control than honesty and valor. I bet that will make her angry but I don't really care about LLD's tantrums.
This section seems really manipulative around getting townread rather than a genuine commentary on their alignments, the fact that you're going out of your way to say you don't care about her tantrums bothers me.
In post 812, Titus wrote:I am glad Math is actually quiet for a few hours to let the thread discussion go elsewhere for now.
Strangely meanspirited and almost baiting Math to come back into the fold.

First paragraph about sangres/Dunn also struck me as very uninspired tossaway reads.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:02 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 820, Prism wrote:This section seems really manipulative around getting townread rather than a genuine commentary on their alignments, the fact that you're going out of your way to say you don't care about her tantrums bothers me.
I don't really care if it bothers you. LLD is about control and that's a fact. LLD claiming mason is manipulative. That's a fact. LLD has fakeclaimed mason before. That's a fact. LLD has a temper that's a fact. I don't care if I provoke it. That's a fact.

If saying facts is manipulative, then I am guilty.

I feel LLD is doing this controlling behavior because otherwise she'll feel drowned out in a playerlist with Tammy and Nacho. You were getting the artifact before LLD claimed and insisted she get it.

LLD is all about control.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by Titus »

*with the likes of Tammy, Nacho and Spiffeh etc
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:03 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 811, Spiffeh wrote:Ok now I'm two for two on players vocally suspect coming back and saying my push was scummy. Nice.
Hey, I see it. I happen to think the way people are turning on you seems scummy.

I think bork is sidelining too hard right now with no opinion on me at all and I think Titus has felt manipulative. I think Mathblade is being too survivalistic and was just looking for a reason to scumread me and hasnt let it go.

VOTE: Mathblade

Let's keep the original wagon going instead of redirecting, we have a better chance of getting scum.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Titus »

Manipulative is a dirty word for persuasion btw. They're the same thing. I should sig this.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”