Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:36 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 767, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:spiff how do you feel about this teamsolve: Titus/
Mathblade/Cakeboi
/Borky
Well 2/4 aint bad!
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 923, MathBlade wrote:
In post 922, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 917, Dunnstral wrote:Really? 152 made me go from nullscum to locktown?
152 was also my first post of the game, by the way
Hey Dunn, I think we’re both being set up here.

Can you do a read wall and I just vote the person lowest on your wall I agree with?

Kinda thinking Mastina Titus?

Just gonna reset all my reads
Other than you?

Titus
Spiffeh

Battle Mage
Sircakez

Scummier near the bottom
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:42 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 818, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Quite possibly the towniest town who ever towned
Honestly not wrong.

I actually think you're probably my strongest non-LLD townread, which would be:
Lady Lambdadelta*
PookyTheMagicalBear
Dunnstral
Bell
Kitty Trauma Team (hydra of Malakittens and kuribo)
borkjerfkin
sangres (hydra of fferyllt and Nachomamma8)
Tammy
GreyICE*

Titus
Spiffeh

Battle Mage

quiet

MathBlade

Prism
SirCakez
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:49 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 910, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why haven't you called me scum yet?
Because the only reason I have to call you scum is "too townie to be town" because you're radiating town energy like I've never seen before.

You said it yourself; you're the most obvtown you've ever been--literally the ONLY possible reason I'd have to EVER think you scum is that you've never been this town when town; you were even less town as the IC in Pooky v FL, you're more town this game than you were when you were literally conftown.

I'm not inclined to believe in "too townie to be town", because it doesn't look like you're trying to look town without being town; you legit feel like town.
Yup! You went from not posting (possible scum indicator) to posting good solid content that looked highly town-indicative to me.
In post 919, MathBlade wrote:So I find it weird Mastina’s reads match mine about almost midpoint through the morning but yet I am scum.
I don't see you voting Prism, do I? :P
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 926, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 923, MathBlade wrote:
In post 922, Dunnstral wrote:
152 was also my first post of the game, by the way
Hey Dunn, I think we’re both being set up here.

Can you do a read wall and I just vote the person lowest on your wall I agree with?

Kinda thinking Mastina Titus?

Just gonna reset all my reads
Other than you?

Titus
Spiffeh

Battle Mage
Sircakez

Scummier near the bottom
I can do BM or Titus. I prefer Titus.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:53 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 928, mastina wrote:
In post 910, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:why haven't you called me scum yet?
Because the only reason I have to call you scum is "too townie to be town" because you're radiating town energy like I've never seen before.

You said it yourself; you're the most obvtown you've ever been--literally the ONLY possible reason I'd have to EVER think you scum is that you've never been this town when town; you were even less town as the IC in Pooky v FL, you're more town this game than you were when you were literally conftown.

I'm not inclined to believe in "too townie to be town", because it doesn't look like you're trying to look town without being town; you legit feel like town.
Yup! You went from not posting (possible scum indicator) to posting good solid content that looked highly town-indicative to me.
In post 919, MathBlade wrote:So I find it weird Mastina’s reads match mine about almost midpoint through the morning but yet I am scum.
I don't see you voting Prism, do I? :P
Nope you don’t and when you catch up you will see why.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:57 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 927, mastina wrote:Honestly not wrong.

Lady Lambdadelta*
PookyTheMagicalBear
I am definitely being set up here >_>
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:43 pm

Post by mastina »

Yaknow I really wanted people to ask me about Prism so I could do this sooner but I actually don't feel like waiting as a reactive thing so I'mma be proactive and put this out.

I actually have a fairly compelling case for why I think Prism is scum here.
In post 296, Prism wrote:First I want to preface this by saying I'm intentionally playing more abrasively. As mentioned before, diversity is nice and I'm tired of playing friends after Iceland.
1: Nine times out of ten, a player saying this is going to be scum. Deliberately altering your playstyle in a game with multiple players intimately familiar with your playstyle and justifying it in advance is a common scum ploy. (Heck I can even back this up with a rather notorious example if you'd like, but suffice to say, this is a real tell.)

2: Nothing Prism has done this game has felt town. Quite the opposite in fact.

3: I believe Prism's flavor claim of being HG Wells--I do not believe HG Wells would be a VT.

4: I believe HG Wells started with the trident. I do not believe HG Wells started with it as town; I believe it was a scum artifact that Prism is trying to get towncred for.

5: I believe the flavor claim of being HG Wells--I do not believe that makes the claim town. Everyone who watched the show probably remembers how HG Wells ended up, as a retired warehouse agent more or less...but did they forget that HG Wells spent
an entire season
as THE series Big Bad? Whose opening episode on the show was
killing the series' long-established Big Bad
? Not out of heroism, but to show how she was eviler and more insane than the first Big Bad? (Whole, sorting algorithm of evil, thing; she killed the previous big bad to show that she was a worse threat than the previous big bad.)

In fact, HG Wells is one of only three Big Bads I can actually remember. (I know there were more than three, pretty sure, but she sticks out to me as one of the three real, non-imaginary-in-your-head Big Bads. The other two being the one she killed and the final Big Bad.)

In other words I think that Prism is a scum HG Wells, who is not a VT, and who started with the flavor-appropriate trident, and passed it on for cheap towncred.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Why do I feel like Mastina is saying what I said but better and is scum vote it?

Like logically my brain says town but my gut pings she’s scum.

VOTE: Mastina

I wanna see if scumreads or townreads follow or no one.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:22 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Like I want Mastina to be town because that probably means I am right on Prism.

On paper Mastina is probably town for same wavelength I just can’t shake she’s scum.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Actually wait

VOTE: Prism

This I think gets better results and checks Mastina and no artifact risk.

And if Prism is scum then the why Bork can be analyzed too.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Mastina why do you scumread me despite making the same arguments as me?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:34 pm

math at this point you might as well just claim which scum character you are lol
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:36 pm

Post by MathBlade »

At this point the thread is going to be pissed off when I flip town and bicker at each other. This is the first time I have /inned to a game in a year+ and the biggest thing I have learned is just to never /in and replace in always. And that’s sad.

You’re still scum Pooky.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:44 pm

In post 938, MathBlade wrote:At this point the thread is going to be pissed off when I flip town and bicker at each other. This is the first time I have /inned to a game in a year+ and the biggest thing I have learned is just to never /in and replace in always. And that’s sad.

You’re still scum Pooky.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:03 am

Post by Kitty Trauma Team »

Was skimming the thread yesterday in between calls and then having a major freak out because I didn’t have just vomit on one piece of clothing, but two after my patient decided to leave me that present.

So the whole LLD v Math v Dunn is kinda taking up majority of the thread and I think right now scum are hiding in that distraction. I have a strong townread on 2/3 of those players. Kuribo actually agrees with me on that as well. For Dunn I’m more or less reading null on him. I’m not 100% following the scum read on him, but the last time I had a decent vibe on him it turned out to be wrong.

@Fery: Part of the reason why I haven’t connected was the last game I played with a few familiar faces I got snowed really hard by them. So I’m trying to disconnect the buddying approach as it majority fucked me last game I was in.

I don’t think both twins are the same alignment. I actually happen to believe that Titus will have a decent chance at flipping scum, whereas, Math will most likely flip town.

I’m currently liking Mastina’s posting. She can go in my townbin for now.

VOTE: SirCakez

Kuribo has a gut feeling that this slot is prob scum. I have to agree with it. Between the whole trying to paint a picture with the whole wording over a “meltdown” that wasn’t really a “meltdown”.

Even tho I been at work for an hour I’m not fully awake so give me a bit of time to let my antimurder juice kick in and I’ll try to post something more of a better read list

-M
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:00 am

Post by Titus »

Math may very well flip town and I don't trust LLD. I see the page limit and know that I can't do my scumhunting with him commenting on everything. The post count will be gone. He has double the posts (approximately) as anyone else. Nothing Math is saying is of value or working with anyone else. So I am plugging my nose and hoping for a day 2. If I see a decent wagon, I may move but I am not pushing to sort. Mathblade's taking that space. I detest artificial post limits.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:51 am

Post by Prism »

In post 821, Titus wrote:I don't really care if it bothers you. LLD is about control and that's a fact. LLD claiming mason is manipulative. That's a fact. LLD has fakeclaimed mason before. That's a fact. LLD has a temper that's a fact. I don't care if I provoke it. That's a fact.
My point was that going out of your way to highlight how you're willing to risk being another innocent tantrum victim, struck down for the sake of the truth, felt very performative.
In post 821, Titus wrote:If saying facts is manipulative, then I am guilty.
This is nice rhetoric but you're not Dwight Schrute or a PragerU video, I suspect you're not naive enough to believe that the selection and presentation of facts aren't extremely important.
In post 821, Titus wrote:I feel LLD is doing this controlling behavior because otherwise she'll feel drowned out in a playerlist with Tammy and Nacho.
This is subjective but I don't really think this is true. Tammy was a more vocal voice but sangres, while active and opinionated, was intentionally playing a reserved role. As for other players, I don't think LLD was scared of me getting the artifact and leading at all. As I'll get to in a second, contextually I don't think it makes much sense. She's also been more than happy to let others continue to push and investigate without shutting it down.
In post 821, Titus wrote:You were getting the artifact before LLD claimed and insisted she get it.
This isn't true if you look at how it went down. LLD explicitly was fine with someone else receiving the artifact, which I found scummy given her stance it needed to go to town.

It took me saying she was scumclaiming to get her to intervene, but the point of it wasn't to seize the artifact-it was to sort me and make sure I wasn't scum getting the artifact by seeing how I reacted to her when challenged. Getting the artifact as a result was a forseeable result, but it took me making a questionable attack to trigger her claim.
In post 821, Titus wrote:LLD is all about control.
There's an important distinction between "control of the final vote" and "control of the discussion". I don't think the former is very AI, and I don't think she's tried to domineer the discussion at all. The few times she exerted it was has been pretty judicious/limited.

I'll work through you/Math more fully and get back to you but this doesn't fill me with confidence.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:05 am

Post by Prism »

In post 932, mastina wrote:
In post 296, Prism wrote:First I want to preface this by saying I'm intentionally playing more abrasively. As mentioned before, diversity is nice and I'm tired of playing friends after Iceland.
1: Nine times out of ten, a player saying this is going to be scum. Deliberately altering your playstyle in a game with multiple players intimately familiar with your playstyle and justifying it in advance is a common scum ploy. (Heck I can even back this up with a rather notorious example if you'd like, but suffice to say, this is a real tell.)
Several players just watched every idea they had for distinguishing town/scum Prism go up in flames my last game, and I'm not talking about a small campfire.

This table is not at all filled with players "intimately familiar" with my play. There is exactly one slot, sangres, with any substantive experience at all, but for both players my play remains shrouded in mystery. Conveniently, both of them also fall into the above. The players in that slot will absolutely testify that I can reflexively fake my town meta without even having to think about it (not that I would necessarily choose to do so this game), and will probably admit, if reluctantly, that the chance they spot me as scum for style and tone/without extensive flips is zero. Don't ask them to reconcile this with townreading me or you'll break them. The slot with the second most experience with me at the table is GreyICE. He can speak about that expansive, very recent experience if he wants.

I'm not saying I'm town for it, but I am saying I have no interest in stagnating and continuing to play the same way every game. Half the point of my play in Iceland was an active criticism of my towngame, highlighting that the style I've been using had gaps so egregious that it made them easily abused as scum with virtually no way to tell the difference.
In post 932, mastina wrote:2: Nothing Prism has done this game has felt town. Quite the opposite in fact.

[Points 3 on are all scum because flavor]
Thanks, very specific. I am scum for flavor and for signaling that the meta shift was intentional. Somehow this is not a facetious strawman.

If you and Math already think I'm scum for flavor, just wait til you see the artifact! YEET
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:11 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 894, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 874, SirCakez wrote:Dunnstral is all like "better not let this easy miselim slip out of our hands"
This does not sound like my scum play, or what you've seen of my scum play. It's also very weak.

You just saw me in Popcorn Mafia
Be more specific.
In post 896, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 892, SirCakez wrote:This is such a dumb argument anyways
Literally nowhere on site does coaching in the main game thread still happen
are you more insulted by GI's lack of belief in your scum skills

or my belief that you'd actually openly coach a buddy in the thread

or MB's belief that it should be him coaching you and not the other way around?

:3

there's only one correct answer that Town!Cakez would make
All of the above
All three of you are clowns
In post 905, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 903, sangres wrote:I developed a ton of respect for your play and approach to the game in Tenet despite our both being pocketed by scum-Dandelion. It came to naught in that game, but I thought the fundamentals of your townhunting, scumhunting, and leadership/management in the forward thread was really solid.

If you're town here, I hope your play reaches that level and I want to work with you -- this time without being lost in deep fog and unable to link up with other town as well.

Right now, I don't feel like we're on a course where that happens.
Yeah? My play in Tenet didn't happen spontaneously when I joined the game

Here I got voted instantly after having made 4 posts, and I'm constantly being hounded about those four posts (you're still doing this)
FTR my scumread on you has evolved well past the "four posts"
This cracked me up too
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:11 am

Post by SirCakez »

Mastina's reads are truly awful
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:13 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 931, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 927, mastina wrote:Honestly not wrong.

Lady Lambdadelta*
PookyTheMagicalBear
I am definitely being set up here >_>
Elaborate.
In post 932, mastina wrote:Yaknow I really wanted people to ask me about Prism so I could do this sooner but I actually don't feel like waiting as a reactive thing so I'mma be proactive and put this out.

I actually have a fairly compelling case for why I think Prism is scum here.

2: Nothing Prism has done this game has felt town. Quite the opposite in fact.

3: I believe Prism's flavor claim of being HG Wells--I do not believe HG Wells would be a VT.

4: I believe HG Wells started with the trident. I do not believe HG Wells started with it as town; I believe it was a scum artifact that Prism is trying to get towncred for.

5: I believe the flavor claim of being HG Wells--I do not believe that makes the claim town. Everyone who watched the show probably remembers how HG Wells ended up, as a retired warehouse agent more or less...but did they forget that HG Wells spent
an entire season
as THE series Big Bad? Whose opening episode on the show was
killing the series' long-established Big Bad
? Not out of heroism, but to show how she was eviler and more insane than the first Big Bad? (Whole, sorting algorithm of evil, thing; she killed the previous big bad to show that she was a worse threat than the previous big bad.)

In fact, HG Wells is one of only three Big Bads I can actually remember. (I know there were more than three, pretty sure, but she sticks out to me as one of the three real, non-imaginary-in-your-head Big Bads. The other two being the one she killed and the final Big Bad.)

In other words I think that Prism is a scum HG Wells, who is not a VT, and who started with the flavor-appropriate trident, and passed it on for cheap towncred.
Since when do you write cases?
In post 938, MathBlade wrote:At this point the thread is going to be pissed off when I flip town and bicker at each other. This is the first time I have /inned to a game in a year+ and the biggest thing I have learned is just to never /in and replace in always. And that’s sad.

You’re still scum Pooky.
????? we were just in Booney together
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:15 am

Post by SirCakez »

VOTE: pooky
here my Dunn vote is stale and Pooky's posting lately has been truly terrible
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:32 am

Post by Prism »

In post 846, Bell wrote:Prism is biased on Bork due to the nature of their approach to Bork.
? Unclear what you mean by bias/nature of approach here. Bork was chosen at random to get the artifact, with the qualifier that I did at least trust he was competent enough to leave him on the list. You weren't in 2181, are you referring to that game?
In post 846, Bell wrote:Put me in the Prism is a scum read because of paranoia at appearing fairly spotless read. Or 'I hate people that have every post bleed town read'
I don't get your positioning around me. You've repeatedly alluded to my posts being town all game. To my knowledge, you have never once seen me flip scum beyond the first post of FGO, and until two weeks ago my record as scum was virtually nonexistent. You did similar weird shit in Xenoblade, where we were both town and where the action I wanted (you to drive us) was more ambiguous in my incentive for it. In contrast, this game the incentive as town is very unambiguous.

It's unclear to me if you're saying all of my posting is town/spotless, or that I'm trying to keep myself spotless by gratuitously giving townreads. If this is the case, do you think the plan with my gamestart was for me to go deep over powertowning to burn 2/3 miselims?

I actually worked through this on my own, and in conjunction with realizing you didn't actually call my posts town think most of this has been answered, but I'll leave the post as-is because I think the question above is a bit of an inconsistency worth chewing on.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:33 am

Post by MathBlade »

@Cakez that was still a replace in.
As a rule I don’t /in to setups because I hate RVS and always get picked on.
In a year nothing changed.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”