Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:22 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

cuz he's not actually interested

its fake busywork
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Maybe my vaccuum sucks and Cakez is scum that is pretty bad.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

people forget Cakez is really good at scum nowadays.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: SirCakez

Cakez + Prism
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:04 pm

Post by Titus »

Probably sangres too
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:05 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1276, MathBlade wrote:Maybe my vaccuum sucks and Cakez is scum that is pretty bad.
Math, what are your thoughts on mastina's Prism case? You seem to ignore that I want your actual flavor thoughts on that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1280, Titus wrote:
In post 1276, MathBlade wrote:Maybe my vaccuum sucks and Cakez is scum that is pretty bad.
Math, what are your thoughts on mastina's Prism case? You seem to ignore that I want your actual flavor thoughts on that.
I already said my thoughts on the powers case that it’s too stupid of a plan to be scum when talking with Kitty. Not sure what you’re asking here. I fail to see how someone repeating the issues said before is worth more of a comment than Mastina spamming the thread with it rather than any viable content on anyone else.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1005, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1002, Prism wrote:Still curious about the "one of bork/Prism but not both" comment, Math. This implies Prism town->Bork scum, which is very ???, the reasoning for Bork town->Prism scum is also a bit weird but makes sense with just a scumread on me.
It’s mainly because of the confirmation.

If you’re town he did it in a way that only makes sense to you. Not the thread.

I don’t buy your flavor claim that’s VT. Helena Wells was an inventor. Starting with an artifact makes sense but not the one you said. Probably shoulda started with the grappling gun or vest. She was distraught for many reasons.

Too many pieces don’t add up here. They make sense to you if you’re town but not us.
For brevity I won’t cite all the posts but I already took a look at the flavor claim a second time when the powers claim happened.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Prism »

Honestly? I should revisit the Cakez slot, and similarly wondered about the meta before deciding to give more time and promptly forgetting about it. Titus isn't wrong at all on that front.

With Kitty being town, yeah, maybe I should revisit this. I have too many townreads and am completely back to the drawing board on scumreads. This read is purely tonal, and based off of them not doing the stupid shit I scumread them for in Xenoblade (randomly getting in the way of MariaR questioning my slot iirc)

Probably going to work on it tomorrow, pretty burnt out atm but I know I have to keep trucking
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:29 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1274, Titus wrote:
In post 1272, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1271, Titus wrote: I want to see what SorCakez does with the meta request he made of Prism.
I was going to dig through them to see if his scum game is like this one but I haven't gotten to it
Well, why not do it now? You asked for it, so you should do it. Give me a strong conclusion.
Because my brain is exhausted by my first week of classes
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by SirCakez »

It's like in that Legends game when I kept promising the (accurate) Agar case
It just takes like 20-30 minutes of strong brain mode and my brain is not in strong brain mode today..
This weekend perhaps
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:30 pm

Post by SirCakez »

This game started at a terrible time for me
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:31 pm

Post by SirCakez »

That's why I had to start skimming earlier my head was literally pounding while I was trying to read through all this dense content and eventually I had to go fuck it
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1275, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:cuz he's not actually interested

its fake busywork
Also this is trash I have never used this tactic as scum and I never will because I'm a lazy fucker
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1278, Titus wrote:VOTE: SirCakez

Cakez + Prism
What’s your Cakez case Titus?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1152, GreyICE wrote:So since Cakez is your strongest scumread, does Cakez work as a Mathblade partner?
I'm not absolutely sure, but I think so, yes.
In post 1152, GreyICE wrote:I'm assuming Prism works as a Cakez partner because if you tell me he doesn't my head will literally explode.
Pretty sure, yeah.
In post 1156, Prism wrote:You've got a "90% tell", somehow I'm not your strongest scumread
Yes and yes.
In post 1156, Prism wrote:and you've spent 3000 words engaging with exactly zero of my actual content.
"content".

There's nothing to engage on within there because literally nothing within is alignment indicative.
In post 1173, SirCakez wrote:Who the fuck are these people?
Well for a start.
In post 1159, penguin_alien wrote:SirCakez (3): mastina, Kitty Trauma Team, Dunnstral
I can probably track down the quotes of other players who have said you're not north of null, too.
In post 1173, SirCakez wrote:You obviously can't actually case me.
Proper case-case, sure, probably not. Explain the scumread in more detail tho? That I can do. :P
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:46 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 1223, Battle Mage wrote:i need to see some readslists i think!
In post 927, mastina wrote:Lady Lambdadelta*
PookyTheMagicalBear
Dunnstral
Bell
Kitty Trauma Team (hydra of Malakittens and kuribo)
borkjerfkin
sangres (hydra of fferyllt and Nachomamma8)
Tammy
GreyICE*

Titus
Spiffeh

Battle Mage

quiet

MathBlade

Prism
SirCakez
Here ya go! It's locktown townread null scumlean scumread(with a caveat) lockscum.

Surprised you asked tho. :P
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1288, SirCakez wrote:Also this is trash I have never used this tactic as scum and I never will because I'm a lazy fucker
lol self-meta
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Bell »

Mastina, please self-vote and wait your turn.
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Kitty Trauma Team »

In post 1161, Titus wrote:@Math, your wagon is almost entirely town. You're committing every sin that I warned you about and frankly it may be too late.

@GreyIce, I'll see what I can do this afternoon to catch up and not use any posts. If I knew this game had a hard post limit, I never would have inned.
This whole post comes off bad. Like legit bad vibes.
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:57 pm

In post 1178, SirCakez wrote:Yeah fight me.
Mala presented her SR of me like it was some original thought and not an agreement with you.
:roll: :roll:
In post 1180, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:
In post 1178, SirCakez wrote:Yeah fight me.
Mala presented her SR of me like it was some original thought and not an agreement with you.
mala literally spent 30 hours yesterday riding in an ambulance dealing with people crashing cars into houses and throwing up on her, i spent the last 30 hours laying in bed having fever dreams

you think either of us have any semblance of consistency at this point?

but wait, did she present it as an original thought? or did we cook it up together? can't be both, genius.

Bronze us today, then your scum ass goes after we flip green. that's the deal.
In other words a few games along someone tried to narrow down my post times and i think it backfired on them because one night I was posting at 5am in the morning and then next night at 8pm. Those days when my sleep schedule is that of an exhausted pidgeon.

In post 1195, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1188, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:who am i kidding, you're probably gonna end up next to Uberninja
Is this an insult or a compliment
Depends on how you feel about UN. :shifty:
In post 1197, MathBlade wrote:@Kuribo >> I apologize for only mentioning Mala. I was ignoring you to give you time to recuperate as I thought you wanted. Your reads could change on coming back and I didn’t want to assume.

@Kitty+Cakez I don’t think either of you are scum and Cakez is who scum wanna miselim? Can we compromise on Titus or Mastina flash wagons? Lots of people want Titus but no one is voting there.
I’m ok with Titus. I feel like you would personally be able to read your twin well enough. I know I tried to do that in F2F mafia and kept getting burned. I just feel like maybe I haven’t played with her enough since I have gotten back, but she seems so different and it’s so hard to connect with her now a days. I feel like she’s not even trying.

In post 1199, Prism wrote:I'm not really down to engage with kuribo, given that it is largely "How dare you push me?" rage OMGUS and there's no actual questions for me besides "Are you willing to flip me?", for which the answer is yeah, not confident but I'd be down.

I'll again leave the dialoguing to sangres, but I'm still curious to hear from Mala about my first paragraph in 1081 when she eventually gets in.

For LLD, re: 1108, I have no experience with kuribo and am having a hard time reading into the anger posts. I can totally see the slot flipping town but I don't think the "he has to know" section is true.
I will get back to this. I thought I was up to this area where I last left off, but I think I jumped a few pages ahead by accident.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Meh reading Titus for me is a crap shoot.
My general rule is she’s doing Townie things probably town.
She’s not so she’s probably not town.

Let’s all do Titus and see if that causes her to post things.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:21 pm

In post 1081, Prism wrote:I'm happy with sangres's questioning of Kitty Trauma Team and don't really want to go further in light of kuribo's last post. The only one I have to add on is that several players have yet to explain why "town-Prism's actions don't make sense" beyond "Why pass an artifact to someone else?", and I want to know if there's anything else. I think 1015 explains my mechanical thinking regarding my opening well enough: as far as I can tell there's been no commentary about my reads, pushes, or positions.

For sangres I basically felt the same on quiet w/ the selfcontained posts, combine that with very gut/tonal reasoning rather than the deeper curiosity he couldn't really keep inside during Iceland and you have me skeptical.

I finished catching up, my reads didn't really shift. I was on my phone and so didn't really take notes. Titus had like, one post that was okay and bork went up. Dunnstral is completely missing the point me/sangres are making and I'm inclined to scumlean him for it.

I can probably vote anyone in my scumleans and maybe mastina/MathBlade, Pooky I think becomes readable and Grey deserves more time. My issue is there's no one I'm really confident on but Kitty is still the top.

P-Edit: Concur w/ Spiffeh on Dunnstral, read on me at least is very underexplained and the entire engagement around my read with sangres-my read was the questionable one, but it's not scummy, also not interested in questioning me further on it-has been bizarre. He had some questioning posts later that were OK iirc but given the level of pressure on him this is about what I'd expect.
For me personally. I didn’t care for how you started out the morning. I still don’t really see how the trident flavor confirmed you to Bork when there was fake claims. I know K mentioned about how he had other questions regarding it and it looked like you knew exactly what it did and what the possible conquense of using it was. At least we got that questioned answered later in the morning area when you decided to just go all suns out - guns out with LLD. I think part of my scum read vibes on you were a bit tainted because like K was saying i was also getting a lot of town vibes from MB.

Again, the whole LLD v MB v u ate up a lot of Morning time and ate a chunk of posts that probably could have been avoided had people not gone all bull in a china shop approach. I’m not usually the type to go for those who are lurkers and I’m not saying I am, but I have personally see so many people go under the radar when we have TvT.

I just feel like yes we need to sort out LLD v MB v Prism, but we also need to regroup and refocus. Titus should remember in one of my first games back from hiatus I think I was able to get away after Titus fake claimed being a cop D1 and then the real cop flipped and she got insta-lynched D2. I was scum there and sat back and watched as the town legit inner destroyed themselves. That’s the best way that I can describe as what I felt happened during the morning, but this time I’m town and I’m sick of getting fucked by endless TvT that all it does is distracts. I had this same issue during the last newbie game I was in. I had two players go back to back, even tho I was the JK’r and blocked the NK N2 I fucked up because I was so tainted and exhausted from the back and forth that I didn’t think clearly.

IDK I’m just sick of losing games to fucking endless wall wars and back and forth.
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:40 pm

In post 1097, sangres wrote:
In post 1076, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:
I have been trying to personally use work less as an excuse during games, but I have been learning to balance it a bit more since coming back to the site.
I came back to the site in August and felt like I got fairly well back into it with a few bumps and bruises, and then I got utterly buried in the Tenet game. I think I'm shaking that off. I hope.
To answer your question regarding the distraction: I noticed a bit of a pattern we had a mixture of different people posting and then the type of content that were being posted.

I had liked how Math engaged Prism during the morning, but things went south when LLD got into the mixture and then it just went up in a fiery blaze — just like my call today.

We had people who I noticed who were trying to sort out reads in addition to trying to get a hand on the artifact during the morning. (Tammy/Sangres/Math/LLD) Then we had the players that posted, but their content to say the least I would describe as a mixture of “one liners/trolly/buddy-buddy”.(Bell, BM, SirCakez, Pooky) then we had a few players who posted no content at all such as prod-dodges or those who barely posted at all. (Dunn, Mastina, GreyICE, Bork).

Those players who weren’t in the whole trying to sort players out kinda got to stay in the shadows as you would call it. I think personally a lot of people just started to go with the flow and was like let’s vote Math D1, which then obviously got stronger once LLD claimed.
I like this. I came out of the Prism/Math stuff with a strong townread on Prism, and that read definitely colored my take on Prism/LLD. I'm not unhappy with how it's resolved at least to this point. Prism isn't a stake in the ground for me this game, but I might have tried to make him one if I needed a read for the game to pivot on.
I haven’t really gotten a handle on my play style anymore because I feel like I’m so rusty with mafia that before Hiatus I was terrible and then when I came back I’m even worse. I have really only played maybe four games and only one was scum and that game I felt like I did better, but that’s because I was able to hide a bit during the player list. I just know I got wrapped up in my last game I played as town and got distracted and didn’t sort the “older” players because I tried too hard to sort the newer and got snowed really hard. I kinda brushed off the older players.
Coming back from my hiatus, I'm finding it difficult to sort a whole large theme game-sized player list (smokefilled antechamber didn't count in this respect because I was in a dethy embedded in the game, which made the rest of the game basically a mini theme). I like large themes, though, so I'll probably struggle along until I figure out how to do this again.
Along with the fact since coming back from Hiatus I barely remember any meta, or meta-tells on players are now gone or at least evolved from when I was last active.
Preach.
I know I’ll need more solid proof, but the last time I played with Titus she turned out to be town and I feel like she’s 180 here currently. She hasn’t really even acknowledged my present/tried to sort me like she would in past games. Then again I don’t know if we have a personal disconnect going here or maybe I just feel like there might be.
I've been told by multiple players/hydra partners that Titus has mellowed post-divorce and is a more enjoyable person to play with now. We were both in the Tenet game and both town, but were in opposite threads (the game was divided into two threads until day 4). We interacted a little over her (correct) LLD read, but not enough for me to get a sense of what her town play is like now.
I think it’s because I’m finding myself agreeing with a lot of Mastina’s posting. I’ll do a separate post with quotes for you.

Your slot is getting tangled up in dissonance. Kuribo has a theory regarding your slot, but we need a flip or two in order for him to flesh it out. So it’s really hard to explain because it’s so early with no flips in order to do it. I actually happen to be okay with your posts or at least I’m not finding anything red-flaggish. So we have a conflict here.

-M
I'm a little sad. :/

I like Kuribo, and that Peregrine-modded NY game I played with original Serene in 2013 really made an impression on me in terms of DGB and kuribo as players. When he's ready to get active again maybe we can talk through whatever it is.
Initially when I asked Kuribo to join it wasn’t even a hydra offer, but I just wanted to play with him as I felt like I haven’t. He reminded me a long time ago we had played, but ofc I didn’t remember. I initially /inned due to another player, but he had to back down due to work + school. I was kinda scared going into a large game with my weird schedule. I don’t really have a 100% perfect schedule. I’m more worried that once I get behind I’m going to stay behind. This could still happen even tho I’m in a hydra so I’m trying really hard to skim while I have time, use my hydra PT/Snapchat and then if i have a decent chunk of time I post in here.

As you know an old play style of mine is to interact with people during the real time. I can’t really do that when I can’t be on for a while so it kinda hurts my way to engage. IDK I’ll eventually find a way to balance, but I feel like I’m having an easier time getting thoughts out this game, but again it might be because I have another person to chew over posts with or it could be a mixture of knowing a good chunk of the playerlist.

I just feel like the whole Prism v LLD could have been avoided, but hey it’s over with and at least we moved on from it. Hopefully in the future information will be gained from it. It’s not like we can go back in time and erase it.

This is my only second game with Titus since hiatus. The first I was scum in and I didn’t like what I was seeing that game, but I used it to my advantage. I just feel like I should have some engagement with Titus and there’s nothing. I legit buddied the ever living shit out of her that game and she didn’t bat an eye. I don’t know maybe its just me, but I feel like she should try to engage me some way here or be a bit on edge due to that, but it seems like she doesn’t care??

Kuribo had already touched on what he didn’t like some what about your slot when he posted with SC/Prism/LLD. When he’s feeling better hopefully you two can interact and get that sorted. IDK I have never been the best at reading either you/nacho. Usually you were able to spot town-Mala over scum-Mala and work out with me once you had that sorted. I just have this vibe you are probably town, but again it’s still early and I need to interact more with you/others.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:02 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Afternoon Vote Count 1.08

Afternoon 1 will end in (expired on 2021-03-01 23:59:59)

With 17 players alive, it takes 9 votes to Bronze.

Dunnstral (2): quiet, Spiffeh
MathBlade (5): Bell, Lady Lambdadelta, PookyTheMagicalBear, Battle Mage, GreyICE
Titus (4): sangres, Prism, SirCakez, MathBlade
SirCakez (4): mastina, Kitty Trauma Team, Dunnstral, Titus

Not voting (2): Tammy, borkjerfkin

Mod notes: 51/85 pages used

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”