Warehouse 13: The Mafia Game (Game Over)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1400 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:51 pm

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: Titus
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1401 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Just a simple way to check for whammies.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1402 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

I am extremely conflicted on Titus (hope you feel better soon btw, take care of yourself first).

I think her early posts addressing MathBlade directly seemed Town. Even mentioning policy limming didn't bother me, I perceived it as her trying to get Mathblade's head out of his ass. I also think Titus' early interactions with LLD lean way more Town than Scum. I imagine scum!Titus, especially after seeing the mason claim, wouldn't proceed to directly piss LLD off by calling out her 'tantrums' and calling her play shit, especially since LLD already had Titus as a scum read at the time. Titus holds LLD in high regard and realizes how much influence mason!LLD holds. Insulting her only jeopardizes her position even further, and I think Titus is smart enough to know that.

I also thought 1347 felt genuinely defeatist (unlike her earlier post with the VT claim) in a way that wasn't manipulative.

However, I'm concerned that Titus' treatment of Mathblade hasn't evolved whatsoever, especially since I feel Mathblade has moved on and has established some thoughts that aren't motivated by odd interpretations of flavor. Writing off Mathblade's latest posts as nonsense when I feel he's made a drastic improvement feels off to me.

And to make this about me again, I'm turned off by the fact that Titus hasn't tried to engage my Dunnstral read that much? I caught Dunn dead to rights in
Titus
vs. Alisae, where Titus handpicked me as a mason and saw it firsthand, I had to force her to publicly approve the lim from the mason PT to push it through before deadline. She's mentioned and engaged with Dunn a few times but a large amount of her focus has been on Mathblade over him, and even though she was on his wagon initially she has stated she was on it for the sake of getting reads on people and hasn't given a stance since. I believe she's called me locktown here, so I feel like she would give Dunn more attention given her read on me here and knowledge of how I've caught Dunn in the past.

I'm afraid this might be an unfair expectation since the game was a year ago and I assume everyone is always hanging on my every word, but it's still nagging at the back of my head.

Overall, I am still aggressively unsure about Titus, as I was writing this post I wanted to give a "gun-to-my-head" read here but I don't even want to commit to that. I know she said she'd be back sometime this weekend, assuming she feels better, so hopefully that will be enlightening.
Q•U•E•E•N•U•P•T•O•O•L•A•T•E•2•0•1•7
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1403 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:30 pm

Post by Kitty Trauma Team »

In post 1395, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1394, Spiffeh wrote:1304 is the towniest post in the game, from anyone. The fact that MathBlade is a contender to be limmed today is a travesty.
If I am alive (probably will be) then we can focus on Dunn tomorrow.

I actually thought it over what LLD is doing and I am not sure she has a choice. I think her messing up the gender may be a clue. I think the artifact is making her push me. In the show when a person was whammied with the comb they started talking strange. Lemme check something in thread after work.

I really felt it was odd. I mean like for her to change your pronouns like that and say oh yeah it was just an accident. It was like more than once in one post and even my own phone won’t do that.
I just don’t see cabd/PA doing something like that either tho... I know them on a personal level and they wouldn’t risk causing trauma to someone just to force another to change pronouns

So I’m at a loss for words...

Spoiler: “let me go to hell for this”
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1404 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I kinda am hypothesizing that LLD said Mastina as she commonly believes that you take Mastina’s reads and invert them then you get true reads.
Inverted gender what she’s saying is inverted. I think she expected me to pick up she wouldn’t normally do that. I can’t prove it though. Just rolling around in my brain.

But moonlogic.

LLD I know I am your scumread but can you do a readwall from scummiest to towniest and try to hide your mason partner wherever you think is best to hide them.

Love the meme lol
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1405 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

It’s probably wrong and she’s just tunnelled but it’s worth a shot. Excuse the nursing pun.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1406 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 1394, Spiffeh wrote:1304 is the towniest post in the game, from anyone. The fact that MathBlade is a contender to be limmed today is a travesty.

I actually thought it over what LLD is doing and I am not sure she has a choice. I think her messing up the gender may be a clue. I think the artifact is making her push me. In the show when a person was whammied with the comb they started talking strange. Lemme check something in thread after work.
This is the moment I went from "Maybe if I sit down and REALLY think about MathBlade for a few hours, I can understand him for alignment" into "I will never in a million years understand this slot"

This is actually the single most insane post I have ever read in a mafia game
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1407 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Town: {Bell, sangres, Tammy, Mathblade, Kitty Trauma Team}
Townlean: {SirCakez, borkjerfkin, Prism, LLD*}
Null: {Pooky, mastina, Titus, GreyICE}
Scumlean: {quiet, Battle Mage}
Scum: {Dunnstral}

*If LLD is mason, she's obviously confirmed town. This is where she is in the reads list if she's lying about the mason claim. Because apparently that's a thing.

Random thoughts:
I made this reads list a little top heavy; I'm open to reevaluating my Town reads down the line but I feel good about a lot of people and I wanted my reads list to reflect that. If I were being conservative I'd probably put KTT in Townlean and bork, Prism, and LLD in null.

To elaborate a little bit on the Mathblade read, I felt from the beginning that there's no reason for Mathblade to thrust himself into the limelight during the Prism Flavor Saga (which is a good title for a fantasy book series). When met with a ton of pressure after his flavor arguments, and declared the lim for the Day by the claimed mason, he doesn't back down, which tells me he's anything BUT survivalistic as a lot of people are trying to characterize him (this is probably the first place I'm going to look for scum in the event Mathblade is mislimmed, btw). I find myself agreeing with a lot of his later posts, such as his reach out to KTT and SirCakez as TvT (although he seems to be back on the Cakez is scum train?), and his recent exchanges with Titus always leave me questioning Titus and completely understanding where Mathblade is coming from. I already cited 1304 as a the towniest post in the game and I stand by that an hour and a half later.

KTT wins most improved: From humble beginnings as an early scum lean, they have catapulted themselves to one of the top spots in my town pool thanks to both heads' recent posting.

Cakez feels natural and isn't trying too hard to be a badass so he's probably Town.

I almost put GreyICE in the scum lean category, I didn't like his first several posts where he emphasized how he didn't care about the Morning phase, and I don't like how the majority of his content is wrapped up in picking apart mastina's walls. These interactions with mastina don't really fit with the rest of his play style this game. Like cool we can all find some shit wrong with mastina's posts in every game she plays, regardless of her alignment. I felt, and still kinda feel, that getting into a back and forth with mastina of all people would be easy for scum to do because it makes a big show of "scumhunting" when it doesn't really accomplish anything. But then I remembered his first post where he immediately checks mastina's ISO for a scum read, so there is precedence for his focus on mastina. And I seem to recall GreyICE pretending to give a shit every time I've seen him as scum, and his early posts don't really point to that. So all of this cancels out into a null read, congrats. Be more readable pls

I hated Battle Mage's vote on Mathblade, he had a previously stated town read on him and his justification for the 180 in the read was that Mathblade was being survivalistic which I already explained is like the exact opposite way I would characterize Math's behavior. He also had a post that rubbed me the wrong way about SirCakez having a great scum game, which to me seemed to fuel the fire of the ongoing Cakez paranoia at the time without really contributing his thoughts on Cakez in a meaningful way? Felt like scum taking a potshot from the sidelines. And while I was Scum in both Xenoblade and Pooky vs. FL (I sound like a broken record) I thought Battle Mage was super obviously Town in both those games and I don't get those vibes here. But I also didn't give a fuck about reading him in those games so take that with a grain of salt.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1408 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1403, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:

I really felt it was odd. I mean like for her to change your pronouns like that and say oh yeah it was just an accident. It was like more than once in one post and even my own phone won’t do that.
I just don’t see cabd/PA doing something like that either tho... I know them on a personal level and they wouldn’t risk causing trauma to someone just to force another to change pronouns

So I’m at a loss for words...

Spoiler: “let me go to hell for this”

Fucking hell.

Are people seriously doing this nonsense?

I have no whammies on me, the comb doesn't nothing of the sort and I just made a mistake while phone posting. I swear I tried to type he, and I just didn't check it when I was sending. I said autocorrect because I assumed it must have been that, but god knows.

I apologized multiple times because I felt and still feel awful and now people are like, making a game mechanic out of it and I'm really about to just quit.

Please stop. The comb does not give a negative effect until used. No artefact gives a negative effect until used. I'll literally full claim the fucking comb if I have to.

Merde.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #1409 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Sorry if that wall is incoherent, I'm kinda sick of staring at a computer screen and stopped proofreading halfway through.

The thoughts I provided above were explanations I felt were relevant off the top of my head. Please ask questions for those I didn't touch on or engage me on any/all of this so I don't go crazy in my own head.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1410 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:46 pm

In post 1406, Prism wrote:

This is the moment I went from "Maybe if I sit down and REALLY think about MathBlade for a few hours, I can understand him for alignment" into "I will never in a million years understand this slot"

oh my god sanity returns

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1411 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:53 pm

Yet I understood him perfectly

:good:
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1412 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1410, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:

oh my god sanity returns
Sorry just checking. I wasn’t sure if it was a day or night artifact and was making sure you’re not whammied.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:56 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

To head this off in the interest of clarity, no mechanics in a game I run will ever require or allow anyone to be misgendered. I've been on the other side of that via carelessness on this board and IRL growing up (as a cis person to be clear, not trying to appropriate others' experiences). I'm not interested in causing anyone trauma beyond the normal stress of playing Mafia games. If anyone ever feels otherwise I'm happy to address it as best I can or facilitate a replace-out as needed.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1414 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Got it. Thanks Penguin.

Apologies for moonlogic.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1415 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:58 pm

Post by Prism »

I think I differ on BM Spiffeh in that I found BM super easy to read in Xenoblade, he basically chose to claim scum to me in 4 posts in a Newbie game, and here I felt a lot of the chaotic-but-not-blatantly-malicious posting from Xenoblade, just without the Gamma slapfight. I get why you think MathBlade is locktown but I'm not sure I agree with that given that I have seen them be extremely irrational as scum, granted it was years ago and I have dodged reviewing the games like the plague. I completely agree with the rest of your townreads/townleans though I think SC might be lower

I haven't really wanted to do work on this game even though it sorely needs it, mainly because it feels like I'm reading through piles of shit only to come out just as "Null/I don't fucking know" like on Math/Titus. SC I think I got bad confidence in from Xenoblade which means I need to meta, which is enough of a hassle already, but every other slot likely to be scum either don't post or are insanely hard to parse for alignment vs. divorce from reality
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1416 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:19 pm

Post by Bell »

Disagree with ya Spiffeh. Mathblade is usually the center of attention in every game I've been with him in. It's a combination of attention grabbing moon takes, activity, and head butting.
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1417 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:35 pm

In post 1340, Titus wrote:
In post 1338, MathBlade wrote:The post restriction is a limit of 80 something pages and you’re not even posting.

There’s 40 pages left.

There’s actually a pretty good town block imho, even if I am not in it which is my job as a Townie.
LLD, Kitty, sangres, Tammy, Pooky, Prism, bork and that’s off the top of my head.

Is Titus just defeated scum here?
Tammy isn't posting because of grading and spam. No one tries to work with her.
Kitty is town and fair to be in a block.
LLD is lying and not a team player so she is not in any block. She's a dictator.
Sangres isn't town which is a requirement. That's part of why town loses.
Pooky is fair in a block.
Prism isn't working with anyone and his interactions with Cakez are bad. If it wasn't for VCA, they'd be partners.
Bork is close to fair but not active enough to actually form a block.

Townblocks are active and discuss reads with each other. Aside from Cakez, it's which policy elimination to pursue.

I don't want to play in a post limited game with you and LLD but subbing out would be tactical and against the rules.
To be honest, I tried multiple times for you to reach out to me, but you decided against it each time. The last post you had directed at my broke my heart a little. I mentioned it to K before I went to bed where my thoughts were on it.

I hate to say it, but I disagree with a majority of this. I don’t really get the pooky townreads, but maybe Ihavent played with him enough. Tammy is very readable or was in the past, but I got townvibes from her. Regardless of activity and catching up she’d still be allowed to be in a block
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1418 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1417, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:
In post 1340, Titus wrote:
In post 1338, MathBlade wrote:The post restriction is a limit of 80 something pages and you’re not even posting.

There’s 40 pages left.

There’s actually a pretty good town block imho, even if I am not in it which is my job as a Townie.
LLD, Kitty, sangres, Tammy, Pooky, Prism, bork and that’s off the top of my head.

Is Titus just defeated scum here?
Tammy isn't posting because of grading and spam. No one tries to work with her.
Kitty is town and fair to be in a block.
LLD is lying and not a team player so she is not in any block. She's a dictator.
Sangres isn't town which is a requirement. That's part of why town loses.
Pooky is fair in a block.
Prism isn't working with anyone and his interactions with Cakez are bad. If it wasn't for VCA, they'd be partners.
Bork is close to fair but not active enough to actually form a block.

Townblocks are active and discuss reads with each other. Aside from Cakez, it's which policy elimination to pursue.

I don't want to play in a post limited game with you and LLD but subbing out would be tactical and against the rules.
To be honest, I tried multiple times for you to reach out to me, but you decided against it each time. The last post you had directed at my broke my heart a little. I mentioned it to K before I went to bed where my thoughts were on it.

I hate to say it, but I disagree with a majority of this. I don’t really get the pooky townreads, but maybe Ihavent played with him enough. Tammy is very readable or was in the past, but I got townvibes from her. Regardless of activity and catching up she’d still be allowed to be in a block
Pooky is an acquired beary taste. I've had experience with him. He's usually short one liners, but it's more a vibe and one or two one liners can obvTown. I understand you not getting it but I think in a few days you will.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1419 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:04 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Well, Mathblade is town.

I think I have a line I've used before about mafia: If someone wants to die, I'm happy to let them.
I don't think this game is a town loss.
I don't think this game is a town loss even if Titus flips town.
But she's not gonna.

I'm sorry you're depressed Titus. I've been there, I offer spiritual hugs. I do believe that 'bronzing' you is the right move.
Also apparently we're limited to 70 pages? I assume that starts when the afternoon does so we've got until page 89. Uh... okay. I just don't believe the requirement that we finish voting by page 89 is seriously hurting the town. Especially not enough to get someone depressed. I mean we're 30 pages off that, christ, I'm depressed at the thought that this day could be going another 30 pages without a wagon completing.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1420 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Wait wasn't LLD pushing me to get Mathblade over Titus.

-_-

Honey are you scum
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1421 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Yeah I can answer that on my own.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1422 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Hey Grey...Assume LLD is town and I am town.

How do we get LLD out of her tunnel?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1423 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:36 pm

In post 1420, GreyICE wrote:Wait wasn't LLD pushing me to get Mathblade over Titus.

-_-

Honey are you scum
no, me mason, me town.

But you're right, I've reached the extent of Mathblade at this point. My only current fear is if I let Mathblade live now, he'll never die. But I guess that's probably not an issue? Probably? Hopefully?

Anyway, Titus is still scum, they're both scum and I think I'll get more from Titus right now anyway so...

Vote: Titus

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1424 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1423, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1420, GreyICE wrote:Wait wasn't LLD pushing me to get Mathblade over Titus.

-_-

Honey are you scum
no, me mason, me town.

But you're right, I've reached the extent of Mathblade at this point. My only current fear is if I let Mathblade live now, he'll never die. But I guess that's probably not an issue? Probably? Hopefully?

Anyway, Titus is still scum, they're both scum and I think I'll get more from Titus right now anyway so...

Vote: Titus
Scum!Me has died before, this just isn’t it, and I appreciate you giving me a chance to show you that. I really hope you will see I am town!me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”