PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:13 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i really should go to sleep

tommorrow i guess we can pick this up again.

i really do want you to be town.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
LegoLucy
LegoLucy
Goon
LegoLucy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:20 pm

Post by LegoLucy »

innocentvillager gave you what you wanted! Night night Pooky
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:22 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 2177, Ydrasse wrote:why do you trust me again?
i trust my ability to read you considering its been pretty good as of late
GTKAS
| here.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:43 pm

Post by Farkran »

20 pages overnight i hate you all

But first and foremost, this was a serious post
In post 1739, Farkran wrote:
In post 1542, Menalque wrote:
In post 1109, Menalque wrote:
skitter30

Farkran
Alisae
PookyTheMagicalBear
Chara

Luca Blight
NorwegianboyEE
LegoLucy

Sujimichi

Ydrasse

Day
Something_
Smart
In post 1681, Menalque wrote:VOTE: lucy
I mean you're kinda doing it on purpose now
In post 1741, Menalque wrote:
In post 1739, Farkran wrote:I mean you're kinda doing it on purpose now
?
Mena had been called multiple times for being unsolvey and inconsistent by this time

There's no amount of sadness or stoning that would make you not notice what i meant with my post within this context

Displaying gnorance/lack of understanding at this point is intentional - i mean, why would you not do it when you see it is working (notice that this happened *after* skitter put her veto on mena)

Consistently with menalque situation i expect town would have at least answered "i don't care/i don't trust myself over skit so i'm just sheeping her"

And that might have been a honest answer maybe
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:46 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 1777, Chara wrote:hi i'm back, unwillingly. do you guys need me or can i just coast and then take credit/blame for whatever happens?
Welcome back Chara! Yes i need you

I haven't read through the news yet but i am very interested in your opinion wrt the menalque topic, and on skitter as well

If you've already delivered nevermind i'll be back in 183737 hours after i'm done catching up
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:52 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 1816, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
the wagon on mena is for meta reasons

she is using her knowledge of his play to defend him

seems perfectly reasonable esp since she and him are fairly close friends who talk often.

in regards to redacted tho - I would say his passion in that game upon being launched was quite a bit more unrestrained than he is displaying now.

Has he become more mature and less carey? Cuz he is getting scumread for it rn.
Not really though, it's not just meta

We are using meta to discern wheter it would or wouldn't be inside his scumrange to fake this amount of lostness and tonal desperation but the plays are scummy independently
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:00 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1827, Chara wrote:VOTE: Day
Ouch.

This is a bad stance to pick within that particular timeframe, when Day is simply trying to translate lucyese (correctly, imo) - how did you get to vote Day?

Like, even if you think mena is town (hint: he isn't), scum!day doesn't talk about any!lucy here

I'm assuming you weren't caught up with the thread since you had like 60 pages behind but i suggest you read the recent Day because the guy is town
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:26 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1830, Luca Blight wrote:Walking to the bus but something just hit me

The townbloc is accurate and Skitter is desperately trying to throw a spanner in the works?
You mean if we're wrong on mena, or independently of that?

By the way i will reread skit better later today because there's something that i don't get in her analysis of the situation

Let's say that i believe she's sincere when talking about mena (regardless of correctness) -> how does that translate into voting lucy. This is a stance i didn't like at all. I read her case about lucy and i don't think it's valid. The way i read lucy's 1800 is that lucy doesn't want people to vanity vote and within the current gamestate i feel that she's correct, almost the whole active plist (including mena lol) was townreading lucy, for good reason if you ask me, and skitter's treating her like lucy scumslipped into some bad push when lucy has been on menalque since forever.

The way skit tried to divert attention from menalque sounds like too safe a choice because lucy is never the elim today and skit should know that

Scum!skit does wk town!mena here, she's done that with me in our newbie game together

But once again, this means skit/mena are disaligned and i'm getting confused.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:33 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1840, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1800, LegoLucy wrote:Because he dislike me too. You are sharing a hobby with him to flirt him into your pocket. Hunting Lucy hobby. But you are faking your interest in the hobby. Bad date. Menal probably serious in hobby and think I might vacation. Menal silly.
day.

she's literally saying that i'm trying to pocket mena by sharing his scumread on her

(and thus casting grand aspersions on my reads, my motivations for them, how i'm interacting with mena)

when. mena. was. townreading. lucy.
Ok no, this is not the point, and i get how lucy is wrong in this post now

Skit has no need to pocket mena. She has a need to get credit for wking him if he's town

But it still does not explain why lucy is scummy because of that, her sr of mena started way earlier
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:34 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1849, Chara wrote:
In post 1841, Day wrote:
In post 1838, Chara wrote:
In post 1828, Day wrote:I don't mean your initial Lucy suspicions, I mean your recent ones and picking to push her over anyone else.
i don't have context for skitter's initial suspicion of Lucy, but why do you townread her so strongly? a quote would be fine if it's there.
I know her main and her play is strongly towny for her.
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggghhhhhhhhhhhh fine

okay, so who should skitter have picked to push instead of Lucy?

i know i should just be reading up fully but doing this is so much easier to parse, i apologize.
A town!skit who townreads mena should vote PP 100% of the times here
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:36 am

Post by Luca Blight »

@Farkran: Independently of that. I think if the townbloc is accurate then scum would have to work to undermine it.

That said, I still haven’t caught up on the Skitter/Lucy drama yet. I’ll hopefully have some time in a few hours
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:39 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1865, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:thats a fair point

VOTE: lucy
I mean i made a promise but why is anyone else townreading pooky now?

Man this is terrible...
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:39 am

Post by Luca Blight »

And the way Skitter fos’d players like Norwee and Day, who both seem obvtown to me, pinged me in that regard
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:40 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1872, Day wrote:
In post 1861, Chara wrote:i don't get the argument that skitter should vote someone who will actually go to elimination to save Mena, it kind of sidesteps the act of voting a player you scumread and is just a weird framing of the vote.

pedit: eh.
From the start of , it looks like Lucy sees herself as very townread in the village, so she might be thinking wolf skitter's making a push that doesn't actually have a chance of going through to save Menalque, and is only doing it for appearances? The pocket thing is flawed but I can see reasoning behind that part of it.
This

Literally this
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:41 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1875, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1872, Day wrote:
In post 1861, Chara wrote:i don't get the argument that skitter should vote someone who will actually go to elimination to save Mena, it kind of sidesteps the act of voting a player you scumread and is just a weird framing of the vote.

pedit: eh.
From the start of , it looks like Lucy sees herself as very townread in the village, so she might be thinking wolf skitter's making a push that doesn't actually have a chance of going through to save Menalque, and is only doing it for appearances? The pocket thing is flawed but I can see reasoning behind that part of it.
if scum-me is trying to save partner-mena that would be a very ineffective way of goinb about it, no?
Nah scum!you busses mena 100% of the times here
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:44 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1899, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1893, Day wrote:
In post 1882, skitter30 wrote:right, the person she just voted to e1
I can sympathize with reading two players independently and not doing pre-flip team reads but I agree it is a little jarring in this case.
she's literally going: e-1 mena
and then shortly thereafter saying that i'm scum trying to pocket him

why and how she switched from one to the other isn't clear, and those universes don't make sense to believe in at the same time
And this is scummy how...?

i.e. in what universe scum!lucy unvotes town!mena to go on a crusade against town!skit?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:57 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1970, skitter30 wrote: ok so we're basically saying that you think the most viable explanation for me pushign you right now is:
- scum me
- pushing you instead of someone on wagon that is actually flippable
- so that i can save mena

and that all of htis is more likely than ... me townreading mena and voting the worst vote on wagon?

~~
again from my pov you realize how this sounds ridiculous, right?
It isn't ridiculous but most importantly it isn't scummy *at all*

scum!lucy trashes any!mena

The only lucy who goes against skitter is town!lucy who believes skit is scummier than mena
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:00 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1995, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1984, LegoLucy wrote:Then there's, I think your interaction with Mena has a big vibe of exactly one scum in {Menalque, skitter} so that flips me some between those.
this doesnt really make sense to me at all
Explain why not

Because it actually does a lor
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:10 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 2048, skitter30 wrote:viewtopic.php?f=50&t=80641
Also you and farkran were in this game where iirc it was the first time mena did the whole 'townbin skits etc' thing
So i know you've seen it before

(Incidentally he got burned, but whatever)
Actually in this game town!mena unvoted the other scum for the specific purpose of eliming scum!skit d1, and he was powerlimmed d2 because of that

I remember that like it was yesterday
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:15 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 2093, Chara wrote:re: the actual content, Day's commitment to defusing the situation around your slot/translating or explaining your posts pinged, and then after being called on that and with the skitter timeline thing, they pulled back and did seem to reconsider themself.
it gives me pause, and i'm not sure i agree with skitter about it being NAI, since it's scum who might benefit from taking the reasonable, less aggro-approach, while i usually characterize town as being more protective of their opinions. but there exist reasonable town, too. and i have a tendency myself to scumread that agreeableness some players just Have.
Do you townread lucy at the time of this post?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:19 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 2110, Chara wrote:
In post 2104, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:oh I dont think day is scummy - the defense is too weak and ineffective for that.
my question was actually to Lucy, i just took a while asking it.

the defense being ineffective is part of why i didn't like it, actually. it just felt like scum knowing Lucy's town and so easily finding the town thought process, then communicating that to defuse the miscommunication to look reasonable/town.
Nvm my last question

Day is still town though, defusing the argument is not scummy, especially if he townreads lucy and if he knows who lucy is beforehands?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:22 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 2123, Chara wrote:it doesn't matter what you want! mafia is about mercilessly voting your mafia e-girlfriend!!! just kill her!! dead!!! that's love!!!!
Shit, now i need to eat up everything i just said and vote lucy

HOWEVER THOUGH, does she count as a girlfriend if she doesn't love me back?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:31 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 2144, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 564, Farkran wrote:
In post 461, Ydrasse wrote:like im just

i feel super frustrated already w this game which is dumb but it feels like I Do Not Get To Have Fun Playing this one + i dont get to play how i want to (read, fun bc i really like this player list) and it will take me flipping town for people to see it's not AI for me to act like this i guess, idk
I do notice a higher level of frustration coming from you though and i have to agree with skitter that you were quicker to attack your attackers in the last game

Can you explain where's the difference between, say, skitter and costello/flea?
this is like, 10000 days late but i wanna answer this while i'm reading: i think i was especially frustrated by skitter's push bc i find being fun/social/flirty in games with player lists i like as something which is genuinely not alignment indicative for me, and it was irritating at the time to me because it felt like i am going to get scumread this game for behavior that i just find fun, and i won't be able to show everyone for sure 100% that it isn't an alignment thing with me until after this game/if i get flipped or killed, which sucks because i just want to hang out

i'm finding that one shortcoming of having a killer pl is that i'm the type of person who would rather hang out with people than actually solve and offer only potshots which doesn't do much for the game itself, but basically i took that push to heart especially. also, as i said before, it's really dumb fmpov to try something that just made me lose over again in the hopes that somehow it works this time

(sorry i just wanted to clarify this even though it's super old news)

(also might i say, i get fuckall from the first like, 30 pages or so, i'm where i started the game with luca + day town, alisae is town (and in general i think alisae's readslist in is a fine one, barring 1-2 things, and goes with my reads from the start to that point), the push on me still feels like... skitter is town? probably? still yeah, i don't really think anyone's playing Overtly scummy so far)

back to trying to read up but my eyes are glazing over
Wow i had actually forgot this, thanks for getting back to me

At the time i was more on skitter's side than yours but things have turned around, which leads me to ask this question

@skit can you explain why you were determined to look for scum on-wagon if you think there's only 1 scum in there?

On a side note, i feel for you ydrasse, sorry. I admit i am part of your problem, generally speaking. Even when i try not to be too much competitive it turns out that i feel i'm not doing my job if i don't play the game. We should really go to the zoo instead, there you can have my undivided fluffy attention
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:31 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Maybe it's something like Pooky/Skitter.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:38 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 2179, LegoLucy wrote:What's the narrative version where I'm scum? I'm scum with skitter and found a chance to lim one? They're both town and I found a chance to lim my limmable townread instead of move mountains getting voters on skitter who has 3 people refusing to vote her under any alignment and 2 scumpartners for like, a unanimity requirement? I just kind of have that incentive no matter my alignment. Actually I just explained the incentive is much higher if I'm town because it's realistic to eliminate skitter if she doesn't have scumpartners.
Yes, and i'm surprised i'm the only one who got that in the latest 10 pages

How do you still townread pooky? Is there something i'm missing?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”