esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:47 am

Post by esotericzoomer »

In post 110, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 108, Infinity 324 wrote:Llama is scum because the way he went about trying to push the game out of RVS felt overdone and performative
Its pretty well established that I dont like RVS. Its the boring and unproductive part of the game to me so I want it to end ASAP so we can actually focus on doing stuff. Are you saying it would have been better if I just voted Anya and then kicked back and waited for everyone else to decide the "not doing much" portion of the game was over?
i dont really see how goofing off in the beginning of the game is really that harmful, theres 10 days, we can spare some time to get situated and greet everyone before we play properly
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 119, Datisi wrote:llama, for someone so determined to get us moving out of rvs and into The Serious Game... you've expressed one (1) read so far.
I really hate this post
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:54 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 119, Datisi wrote:llama, for someone so determined to get us moving out of rvs and into The Serious Game... you've expressed one (1) read so far.
Not many other reads worth perusing and nothing is overly strong. Trying to get a handle on people voting me, but so far it seems more of playstyle differences which is more annoying than a heavy tell either way (from Infinity at least). I think the part that bugs me the most about people voting me is that there is someone backing me up and agreeing with my statement (mom) who are being ignored by my voters. Your push on Samantha is a bit unusual to me because you seem to be focusing on if its serious as opposed to why they are making the statement, which would shake out your original question to start. Lack of any solid town (EZ might actually be closest) read this early is a little frustrating, but it is where I am.
esotericzoomer wrote:
In post 110, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 108, Infinity 324 wrote:Llama is scum because the way he went about trying to push the game out of RVS felt overdone and performative
Its pretty well established that I dont like RVS. Its the boring and unproductive part of the game to me so I want it to end ASAP so we can actually focus on doing stuff. Are you saying it would have been better if I just voted Anya and then kicked back and waited for everyone else to decide the "not doing much" portion of the game was over?
i dont really see how goofing off in the beginning of the game is really that harmful, theres 10 days, we can spare some time to get situated and greet everyone before we play properly
Im old (probably twice as old as someone in this game) and a side effect of that is occasionally work/other life commitments destroy any semblance of free time for a day or two. 10 days is nothing as far as im concerned being from the era of D1 normally being three weeks.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:57 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

It's not playstyle it's gut
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:59 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 126, Umlaut wrote:
I really hate this post
spicey. tell me more.
In post 126, Umlaut wrote:Your push on Samantha is a bit unusual to me because you seem to be focusing on if its serious as opposed to why they are making the statement, which would shake out your original question to start.
there is no point asking someone to elaborate on a claim they are making if they can back out from it with "it was rvs i was memeing".
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
esotericzoomer
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:02 am

Post by esotericzoomer »

In post 127, LlamaFluff wrote:Im old (probably twice as old as someone in this game) and a side effect of that is occasionally work/other life commitments destroy any semblance of free time for a day or two. 10 days is nothing as far as im concerned being from the era of D1 normally being three weeks.
ive played games with three week day phases and ive played games with 72 hour day phases, and im of the opinion rvs is objectively beneficial to town

content doesnt appear out of thin air, rvs is a necessity
esotericzoomer
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:03 am

Post by esotericzoomer »

I really hate this post
looks fine to me
its probably the elipsis thats bugging you out
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:10 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 128, Infinity 324 wrote:It's not playstyle it's gut
Wait, llama, if you think I'm voting you for your playstyle, why isn't that AI? It's at least an objectively bad reason for voting
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:15 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 129, Datisi wrote:
In post 126, Umlaut wrote:Your push on Samantha is a bit unusual to me because you seem to be focusing on if its serious as opposed to why they are making the statement, which would shake out your original question to start.
there is no point asking someone to elaborate on a claim they are making if they can back out from it with "it was rvs i was memeing".
I think they could have done, and you give them a little more wiggle room too, the same with your question as if they say "yes its serious" the follow-up is obvious.
esotericzoomer wrote:
In post 127, LlamaFluff wrote:Im old (probably twice as old as someone in this game) and a side effect of that is occasionally work/other life commitments destroy any semblance of free time for a day or two. 10 days is nothing as far as im concerned being from the era of D1 normally being three weeks.
ive played games with three week day phases and ive played games with 72 hour day phases, and im of the opinion rvs is objectively beneficial to town

content doesnt appear out of thin air, rvs is a necessity
True, but when a certain amount of content has appeared RVS starts becoming an anchor. To me that cutoff point is when you have a few people who are obviously making serious votes.
Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 128, Infinity 324 wrote:It's not playstyle it's gut
Wait, llama, if you think I'm voting you for your playstyle, why isn't that AI? It's at least an objectively bad reason for voting
AI is not a term im familiar with. If you see X as always scummy, it might not be a solid reason for a vote to me, but if you believe X is true even if I dont agree it still doesnt change your belief in X is true and something that you would do as town, or at least be forced to fake as scum. Maybe see something like Miller claim theory (if they should claim D1, if they should be gotten rid of immediately, etc). Thats not something that is going to change depending on alignment. Theory is a constant over games, when someone actually breaks from a theory they have in the past bought into thats more of a red flag that you disagreeing with that theory.
Co-host of The USL Show
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:17 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

AI = alignment-indicative, also fair enough
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:20 am

Post by Umlaut »

I really hate this post
spicey. tell me more.
It reads as disingenuous. How many reads do you think someone has to express to qualify as serious?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:27 am

Post by Anya »

I really hate this post
i really like this post
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Anya »

i caught up and i like infinity umlaut perhaps llama and iconeum
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 135, Umlaut wrote:It reads as disingenuous. How many reads do you think someone has to express to qualify as serious?
I'd expect probably more than 1? If you're trying to go super serious mode, then you can analyze every little ping from every post and usually come up with more than one read. I'm not convinced it's scummy (scum would probably be able to fake reads as well), but I see datisi's point
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Anya »

VOTE: Luca
esotericzoomer
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
esotericzoomer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:32 am

Post by esotericzoomer »

VOTE: Infinity 324
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:36 am

Post by Umlaut »

Infinity, I think there's a distinction between being serious and tryharding that you're failing to make here; as far as I know Llama never claimed to be putting forth an extraordinary effort, just to be posting and voting seriously and expecting others to do the same.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Anya »

what does that quote even mean raccoon
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 135, Umlaut wrote:
I really hate this post
spicey. tell me more.
It reads as disingenuous. How many reads do you think someone has to express to qualify as serious?
there is not a fixed number. but if someone's ratio of "expressing reads" to "telling other people to start getting serious and express their reads" is too small, it can mean that the person doesn't actually care about forming reads or moving the game forward, they just really *really* want to give the appearance of doing so.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:40 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 138, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 135, Umlaut wrote:It reads as disingenuous. How many reads do you think someone has to express to qualify as serious?
I'd expect probably more than 1? If you're trying to go super serious mode, then you can analyze every little ping from every post and usually come up with more than one read. I'm not convinced it's scummy (scum would probably be able to fake reads as well), but I see datisi's point
why are you preemptively defending me?
~M
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:45 am

Post by Anya »

Datisi is definitely town

if anyone pushes him i'm policy voting them with my sledgehammer
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:52 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 143, Datisi wrote:
In post 135, Umlaut wrote:
I really hate this post
spicey. tell me more.
there is not a fixed number. but if someone's ratio of "expressing reads" to "telling other people to start getting serious and express their reads" is too small, it can mean that the person doesn't actually care about forming reads or moving the game forward, they just really *really* want to give the appearance of doing so.
Im not going to try to inflate the strength of minor reads that serve no purpose because that likely just creates noise. If I want to move a wagon, or if I want to keep a wagon off someone it will become very clear very quickly. Especially the latter part as I tend to be almost more aggressive when it comes to stopping wagons of strong town reads than to push one of mine.

@Anya - Why Luca? They have only one post. Are you saying everyone active you have some level of town read on?
@Andre - You say you were looking for a reaction from Samantha. What did it tell you?
@Dati - Do you see a difference in what Infinity is doing to you vs what Mom has been doing for me?
Co-host of The USL Show
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 144, Datisi wrote:why are you preemptively defending me?
Because I TR you, and I may be able to use this to sort umlaut

@umlaut Did llama's posting not imply he was going to try to get out of RVS as fast as possible?

VOTE: luca llama feels a bit better
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I guess I can answer llama's question to anya for myself, I don't TR everyone active but I don't SR anyone active, and luca's 1 post was awkward, which is slightly +scum
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:59 am

Post by Anya »

yeah Luca's post felt a little off like he's a skydiver who's decided to go scuba diving

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”