Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 599, LlamaFluff wrote:(If Dats is scum Icon immediately becomes one of my strongest town reads due to his "If I was scum that would be an easy spot to park my vote" implies Icon-town in a way that isnt typically the way town approaches the game)
i never said that? like i said the exact opposite, even if i were scum, i sure as hell wouldn't park my vote on ico for the reasoning i'd provided, because that all but locks me into a 1v1 with him for the rest of the game.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:18 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 600, Datisi wrote:
In post 599, LlamaFluff wrote:(If Dats is scum Icon immediately becomes one of my strongest town reads due to his "If I was scum that would be an easy spot to park my vote" implies Icon-town in a way that isnt typically the way town approaches the game)
i never said that? like i said the exact opposite, even if i were scum, i sure as hell wouldn't park my vote on ico for the reasoning i'd provided, because that all but locks me into a 1v1 with him for the rest of the game.
Sorry. Reading that back I decided to just really warp that one in my head somehow. I think it still ultimately doesnt impact if you are scum Icon is town though, and actually might even strengthen that.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:23 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 601, LlamaFluff wrote:and actually might even strengthen that.
could you eli5? i didn't really get how you're getting to ico!town from scum!me originally, and don't quite get it here either.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:26 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 598, Anya wrote:you're flawless
Aww
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:40 am

Post by Anya »

VOTE: Datisi

you're not 5
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:42 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 602, Datisi wrote:
could you eli5? i didn't really get how you're getting to ico!town from scum!me originally, and don't quite get it here either.
You are using a term I dont understand again so im going to guess on what you are saying...
In post 523, Datisi wrote:
In post 502, esotericzoomer wrote:its unnecessarily complicating things to not coast on icons wagon, for scum!you that is
i never voted ico. also, if scum!me decided to ~coast~ on ico's wagon here with the reasoning i've already given, ico'd probably see that as close to a scumclaim from me, and while he is generally suspected right now, trust me that is a 1v1 scum!me has NO desire to start
If you are scum I think this whole thing make Icon town. First it immediately implies that if you are scum, you would not be voting Icon out the gate to me in a way that seems to concentrate not on reads but instead the reaction of Icon, which you say would turn him against you. Being afraid of voting another player, who has a wagon forming on them, who you have been in conflict with and seemed to read as scum, because you think they will target you, to me reads as how scum would approach a wagon. Concentrating more and being concerned about reactions rather than reads. The response to EZ seems to me if you were town would be "I am not on Icon because of X reads" and not more of "I am not on Icon because he would see it as a scumclaim from me".

Maybe im complicating it, but what I read your thought process there feels like what I would take as scum if I was afraid a vote would put heat on me. As opposed to town which is "Im not voting them here because of <other read>" or "If they vote me who cares, they still are scum".
Co-host of The USL Show
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:16 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Datisi are you scum?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

fair warning I'm not going to be able to reply to anything after this because my head is pounding and I'm gonna pass out after posting this and something else in another thread.

anyways VOTE: Samantha
In post 593, LlamaFluff wrote: @OW - You say the wagon of Icon is because of "Town looking at a bad case"... what does that mean with respect to players voting Icon?
I think most of the players voting Ico (with exception of Samantha) are town voting town because Ico's pushes and points against both Rathe and Datisi were rather ill-founded and in somewhat poor faith. It's understandable that they vote that but I personally think Ico's stuff there had very little agenda behind it. The exception being Samantha who's vote and subsequent interaction looked very much like opportunistic scum.
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:11 pm

Post by samantha97 »

In post 607, OutWorldER wrote:I think most of the players voting Ico (with exception of Samantha) are town voting town
Spoiler: by satan's edict
I'm town voting mafia
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:31 pm

Post by Rathe »

In post 368, Umlaut wrote:
In post 357, Rathe wrote:i think people who r thinking r town so datisi luca anya mom
Explain why Anya is on this list? I find her impossible to read.
sorry i missed this
anya was one of the players who understood what i meant when i said what i said about llamafluff
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Rathe »

i know it can be faked but i find mafia is dumb or acts dumb
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by Rathe »

it didnt seem that hard to understand
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by Rathe »

im gonna keep my vote where it is right now cuz i think samanatha might be the scum on iconeum
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:34 pm

Post by Rathe »

i dont know about outworlder right now
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:35 pm

Post by Rathe »

oh i see samantha is on outworlder now
Rathe
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Rathe
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:36 pm

Post by Rathe »

i dont think it changes anything for me
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 607, OutWorldER wrote:fair warning I'm not going to be able to reply to anything after this because my head is pounding and I'm gonna pass out after posting this and something else in another thread.

In post 593, LlamaFluff wrote: @OW - You say the wagon of Icon is because of "Town looking at a bad case"... what does that mean with respect to players voting Icon?
I think most of the players voting Ico (with exception of Samantha) are town voting town because Ico's pushes and points against both Rathe and Datisi were rather ill-founded and in somewhat poor faith. It's understandable that they vote that but I personally think Ico's stuff there had very little agenda behind it. The exception being Samantha who's vote and subsequent interaction looked very much like opportunistic scum.
So is it right to say that you are operating primarily based on town reads and not scum reads?
Co-host of The USL Show
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:40 am

Post by samantha97 »

nothing has been posted for an interestingly long time
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:30 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 616, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 607, OutWorldER wrote:fair warning I'm not going to be able to reply to anything after this because my head is pounding and I'm gonna pass out after posting this and something else in another thread.

So is it right to say that you are operating primarily based on town reads and not scum reads?
Yeah, I'd call that a fair assessment at this point in time.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:40 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 605, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 602, Datisi wrote:
You are using a term I dont understand again so im going to guess on what you are saying...
In post 523, Datisi wrote:
In post 502, esotericzoomer wrote:its unnecessarily complicating things to not coast on icons wagon, for scum!you that is
i never voted ico. also, if scum!me decided to ~coast~ on ico's wagon here with the reasoning i've already given, ico'd probably see that as close to a scumclaim from me, and while he is generally suspected right now, trust me that is a 1v1 scum!me has NO desire to start
If you are scum I think this whole thing make Icon town. First it immediately implies that if you are scum, you would not be voting Icon out the gate to me in a way that seems to concentrate not on reads but instead the reaction of Icon, which you say would turn him against you. Being afraid of voting another player, who has a wagon forming on them, who you have been in conflict with and seemed to read as scum, because you think they will target you, to me reads as how scum would approach a wagon. Concentrating more and being concerned about reactions rather than reads. The response to EZ seems to me if you were town would be "I am not on Icon because of X reads" and not more of "I am not on Icon because he would see it as a scumclaim from me".

Maybe im complicating it, but what I read your thought process there feels like what I would take as scum if I was afraid a vote would put heat on me. As opposed to town which is "Im not voting them here because of <other read>" or "If they vote me who cares, they still are scum".
eli5 means explain like i'm 5. googling terms you don't understand is a good way to find out what said terms mean.

not sure if we understand each other (i could be misreading your response here as well), so i'll clarify.
i am not voting iconeum because i think he's town.
i said this back at the bottom of . also i never read him as scum this game, me "being in conflict" with him does not equal a scumread. (there's a *lot* of history here.)

my conversation with zoomer there was started because of this part of 497:
In post 497, esotericzoomer wrote:datisi - his reactions to icon pushing rathe were very genuine and his motivations seem townie,
don't see scum!datisi being the white knight for icon
this is a bad reason to townread me. in this universe, where i am town, i am not voting iconeum because i townread him. he's saying he thought scum!me would be voting him / on his wagon because it's easy. i'm saying no,
if i were scum
, i would not be voting iconeum either, because i'm decently sure scum!me would end up getting killed for doing that. since the start, the whole conversation with zoomer was built on the premise of "if i were scum here". that's why my responses to zoomer are talking from scum!me's perspective.

does this *actually* imply town!icon if i flip scum? i guess i can see how someone from the outside might think that. but also /shrug i'm town so.
~M
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:13 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 619, Datisi wrote: not sure if we understand each other (i could be misreading your response here as well), so i'll clarify.
i am not voting iconeum because i think he's town.
i said this back at the bottom of . also i never read him as scum this game, me "being in conflict" with him does not equal a scumread. (there's a *lot* of history here.)

my conversation with zoomer there was started because of this part of 497:
In post 497, esotericzoomer wrote:datisi - his reactions to icon pushing rathe were very genuine and his motivations seem townie,
don't see scum!datisi being the white knight for icon
this is a bad reason to townread me. in this universe, where i am town, i am not voting iconeum because i townread him. he's saying he thought scum!me would be voting him / on his wagon because it's easy. i'm saying no,
if i were scum
, i would not be voting iconeum either, because i'm decently sure scum!me would end up getting killed for doing that. since the start, the whole conversation with zoomer was built on the premise of "if i were scum here". that's why my responses to zoomer are talking from scum!me's perspective.

does this *actually* imply town!icon if i flip scum? i guess i can see how someone from the outside might think that. but also /shrug i'm town so.
It might be that we have different ways of approaching the game. If it was very unclear of your read of Icon your response makes a little bit more sense, but with what you noted and the fact that you voted Umulat over Icon means that isnt an unknown. Basically yes, it is clear you have Icon as town. Usually when I get pushed into having to approach things from a "what would I have done as scum" scenario I need to go back and read again because I dont know and am not thinking about it, and its very hard to just naturally inject that into a conversation because it involves building up an entirely new thought process. It also is just primarily a lot of WIFOM

Maybe the oddest part is that you even cared much about being town read and thats throwing me off. If someone does that to me for reasons I think arent the best I note it, but unless I feel they have scum-motivations for that move really wont react much because if im being town read, worst case its scum giving up a little bit of power to me. Again I think it loops back to more of our initial back and forth, where addressing this to me is "you are wrong because my reads dont back that up, even as scum why would I do that" as opposed to you are taking more of a "you are wrong because here is my scum thought process" which is far more unnatural to me.

I think this is just getting into a theory argument though over something that doesnt make much sense because if you are scum, this is just going to be a headache for everyone else to go through if you go and Icon is alive.
Co-host of The USL Show
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:48 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 620, LlamaFluff wrote:Usually when I get pushed into having to approach things from a "what would I have done as scum" scenario I need to go back and read again because I dont know and am not thinking about it, and its very hard to just naturally inject that into a conversation because it involves building up an entirely new thought process.
i've had the misfortune of playing scum against towncounem 6 times in the last ~9 months. at this point, "how to play around town!ico" is basically second nature to me.

though i agree this is getting into not-very-useful theory. ready to reveal your read on outworld?
~M
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:52 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 606, Infinity 324 wrote:Datisi are you scum?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:54 am

Post by Datisi »

no
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Datisi »

infinity, were you expecting to actually get anything from my answer?
~M

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”