Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 999, Luca Blight wrote:I'm not saying you have to agree with me, but sr'ing me for this seems stupid.
SR’ing you for having what seems like a completely superficial reason for SR’ing a player I TR seems stupid to you? Well I’m sorry to say that I strongly disagree and don’t really care. I don’t feel like I need to please you with my logic. I just explained it because you asked.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 998, Andresvmb wrote:Also Luca your reads feel quite static from just quickly glancing through your ISO. You’ve been pushing Datisi in some form for like most of the game, and haven’t changed your mind despite calling some of their posting around Ico Towny in . If anything you’ve been scarily consistent about the two SRs you have. It just seems odd to me.
What has Outworld done to change my mind on him?

I've explained already how his reaction to my push and pressure isn't town-indicative

Datisi is still in the same boat as earlier. I've liked and disliked certain posts of his, but the jury is still out
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1001, Luca Blight wrote:Datisi is still in the same boat as earlier. I've liked and disliked certain posts of his, but the jury is still out
Okay but this at best signals that you really find them to be null. But you’ve expressed two SRs basically the whole game. But your reasoning doesn’t really line up with that.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:07 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1000, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 999, Luca Blight wrote:I'm not saying you have to agree with me, but sr'ing me for this seems stupid.
SR’ing you for having what seems like a completely superficial reason for SR’ing a player I TR seems stupid to you? Well I’m sorry to say that I strongly disagree and don’t really care. I don’t feel like I need to please you with my logic. I just explained it because you asked.
So if you play many games with someone and always correctly read them as town really easily, but then one game they seem a bit off, wouldn't you be suspicious of this? And btw Datisi (your TR) has literally SR me this game for the exact same reason

I'm not a hardcore SR btw, it's a slight scum-lean which I have zero interest in pushing today for reasons stated
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:08 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 996, Luca Blight wrote:But even still, why would you intend to hammer when there's so much up in the air? If that's the way you felt then why hadn't you joined the wagon already prior to the E-1 vote?
The answer to this is simple - I haven’t been around to put a vote down for Umlaut. I still don’t get what you’re trying to get at. Not everybody joins a wagon early. Unclear to me what you’re trying to signal exactly.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:10 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1003, Luca Blight wrote:
So if you play many games with someone and always correctly read them as town really easily, but then one game they seem a bit off, wouldn't you be suspicious of this? And btw Datisi (your TR) has literally SR me this game for the exact same reason

I'm not a hardcore SR btw, it's a slight scum-lean which I have zero interest in pushing today for reasons stated
You can express whatever reasons you want to SR a player. I don’t share your view of Datisi. Again, it’s very early in the game. I can absolutely be way off. I don’t understand why you’re so intent on changing my mind about a slot you don’t even want to push today anyway. It’s all mighty confusing to me.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:11 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1002, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1001, Luca Blight wrote:Datisi is still in the same boat as earlier. I've liked and disliked certain posts of his, but the jury is still out
Okay but this at best signals that you really find them to be null. But you’ve expressed two SRs basically the whole game. But your reasoning doesn’t really line up with that.
I was leaning scum on Datisi. I'm more towards null now as their other game involvement may be the reason for why he is a bit lacking so far

Wrt to lack of scumreads, I told you not to hammer because I haven't even got to reviewing yet. I've spent most of the day phase busy also with other game involvement or V/LA, and now finally have some time to review stuff

Outworld is the only player that really seems like scum to me. Umlaut may have scum potential but I haven't got around to examining him yet.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:12 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

And it’s not like you have some sort of hard view of Datisi. You just think there’s “something off”. Like, what? You’re almost too stubborn about disqualifying my reasons for TR a player you’re very wishy washy about yourself.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1005, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1003, Luca Blight wrote:

You can express whatever reasons you want to SR a player. I don’t share your view of Datisi. Again, it’s very early in the game. I can absolutely be way off. I don’t understand why you’re so intent on changing my mind about a slot you don’t even want to push today anyway. It’s all mighty confusing to me.
I'm. not. trying. to change. your. mind. on. Datisi.

I'm saying it's weird af to SR me for not agreeing with your read, especially given the context I've provided and how you admit to having bad early reads yourself
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:14 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

It makes sense not to hammer yet, but I think umlaut should claim now just in case we want to move somewhere else based on the claim.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1009, Infinity 324 wrote:It makes sense not to hammer yet, but I think umlaut should claim now just in case we want to move somewhere else based on the claim.
Yeah I mean this is exactly what I said.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:16 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1007, Andresvmb wrote:And it’s not like you have some sort of hard view of Datisi. You just think there’s “something off”. Like, what? You’re almost too stubborn about disqualifying my reasons for TR a player you’re very wishy washy about yourself.
You
are the one SR'ing
me
for disagreeing, not the other way around

It's not like you have great reasons to TR Datisi (both Infinity and I have expressed that lack of paranoia/nervousness does
not
indicate Datisi is town) and yet you SR me for being skeptical of him. You say I have a narrow world view when clearly yours is narrower than mine in this regard
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1008, Luca Blight wrote:I'm saying it's weird af to SR me for not agreeing with your read, especially given the context I've provided and how you admit to having bad early reads yourself
It’s not. I think you have poor reasons to have so consistently put a player as one of two options for Scum, and a player I TR to boot. You can say all these things about how I’m being weird or whatever but frankly I think you might just be Scum and are slowly backing off by putting Datisi as null now. I’ll look to see how the game develops but I think I’m going to be skeptical of your slot this game for sure.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

@Luca - Andres read right now?
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

Ok, go for it. I should have learnt from our last game that it's pointless trying to reason with you.

I'll get to reviewing Umlaut now
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:20 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1013, LlamaFluff wrote:@Luca - Andres read right now?
Idk, maybe leaning Town slightly?

He's not as obvtown as he was last game but I can see similar traits within his play
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

@Llama

In post 969, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 966, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 962, Andresvmb wrote:And so on. You shouldn’t assume that because I’m responding to things in previous pages that I’m not necessarily up to speed on the latest set of posts.
Well if you claim intent to hammer and then post reads that arent up to date... im going to be unhappy even if you are actually rereading. It feels like this is a trap. Umulat-town rockets Luca up scum list.
wtf?

How did you come to that conclusion?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1011, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 1007, Andresvmb wrote:And it’s not like you have some sort of hard view of Datisi. You just think there’s “something off”. Like, what? You’re almost too stubborn about disqualifying my reasons for TR a player you’re very wishy washy about yourself.
You
are the one SR'ing
me

It's not like you have great reasons to TR Datisi (both Infinity and I have expressed that lack of paranoia/nervousness does
not
indicate Datisi is town) and yet you SR me for being skeptical of him. You say I have a narrow world view when clearly yours is narrower than mine in this regard
You’ve expressed two SRs, one of which you clearly don’t really believe in since you’ve backed away from it very quickly after some scrutiny, and are calling OutWorldER your only real SR so far. This
is
narrow. So if OutWorldER is not Scum, then what?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1014, Luca Blight wrote:Ok, go for it. I should have learnt from our last game that it's pointless trying to reason with you.

I'll get to reviewing Umlaut now
Oh c’mon now. This is straight up bullshit.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:26 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 1016, Luca Blight wrote:
@Llama

In post 969, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 966, LlamaFluff wrote:
In post 962, Andresvmb wrote:And so on. You shouldn’t assume that because I’m responding to things in previous pages that I’m not necessarily up to speed on the latest set of posts.
Well if you claim intent to hammer and then post reads that arent up to date... im going to be unhappy even if you are actually rereading. It feels like this is a trap. Umulat-town rockets Luca up scum list.
wtf?

How did you come to that conclusion?
I already answered that. Between a mix of not having my notes and having been drinking I for some reason thought you had moved to Umulat.
Co-host of The USL Show
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:28 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 1017, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1011, Luca Blight wrote:
You
are the one SR'ing
me

not
You’ve expressed two SRs, one of which you clearly don’t really believe in since you’ve backed away from it very quickly after some scrutiny, and are calling OutWorldER your only real SR so far. This
is
narrow. So if OutWorldER is not Scum, then what?

i don't know how many times I need to explain this so I'll try to be as clear as possible

1) I didn't back away from Datisi based on scrutiny, I did so after I found about his other game involvement, which might explain why he is lacking so far by his standards

2) Outworld is my only realy SR, so what? I'm not the one trying to rush the end of the day here,
you
are. I'm still reviewing

3) I've explained how for various reasons I haven't had the time to really get invested in this game. This has now changed and I have some time to solve properly, which is why I really don't appreciate this premature Intent to hammer as it's limiting what I can do.
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Luca Blight »

So what does an Umlaut town flip mean then, Llama?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I mean this is just nonsense.

How about I put it in a way you can understand - I will give you sufficient time to catch up Luca if you need it because I am in no rush to actually hammer. However, at this point, a claim would be helpful since we are approaching the end of the day and I feel like it could help decide whether we maintain the course or deviate with sufficient time to find an alternative.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 525, Anya wrote:
In post 520, Infinity 324 wrote:Depends on the player, for a lot of players it's just vibes, ico had what I thought was a particularly towny push, samantha is now showing a nonchalant reaction to their wagon which I see as towny

I don't like townreads that are "oh this person hasn't done anything scummy" because I find that scum can play like that pretty easily especially on d1
Infinity: i don't like townreading people just because they haven't done anything scummy
In post 515, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 511, esotericzoomer wrote:nah im not that petty to be annoyed
so youre on the wagon to get content out of him?
No I think he's scummy because he hasn't towntold
also Infinity: i scumread people because they haven't done anything towny
Btw I thought this post was Scummy in particular from Anya. The whole attacking the logic and shading the player while not making much of a conclusion on whether Infinity is Scum for it seems bad to me. I’ve also seen this exact pattern in other Scum players.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:44 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

In post 1021, Luca Blight wrote:So what does an Umlaut town flip mean then, Llama?
Not sure. I really dislike the fact that the only real counter (OW) has been something that I have been trying to tear down. Even if im wrong on OW I dont think that the Umlat wagon has this much of a lack of contention. Nothing has really got off the ground, so just gut starts saying given how little is actually being fought against this wagon that scum is fine with it going through. Only other option is Umulat is scum and rest of scum have no ability to influence what is happening, which D1 just is really unlikely.

Think best pool is probably some sort of Samantha/Icon/Andres/Anya group for scum at this point really. But im annoyed at not seeing anything I can think of pushing to protect a wagon that just feels wrong with this little time left in the day.
Co-host of The USL Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”