alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Ugh, crap internet. 12 am now so post tomorrow if the internet works. Stupid comcast.
Is back.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:48 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Iron Man and Jex have yet to pick up their prod. I will search for replacements.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:32 pm

Post by Max »

So...

TDC, are you going to throw your insane deadline style?

Also when you say it should be less democratic I agree but I also say that all the players must decide How they are going to decide the person to kill, if they do not it will waste valuable scum-hunting time, you have just proved that...
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:15 am

Post by TDC »

Iron Man (3): forbiddanlight, Iron Man, Crazy

Battousai (3) : armlx, M4yhem, DragonsofSummer
armlx (2) : Twomz, Battousai
alvinz95 (2) : Max, Battle Mage
killa seven (2) : killa seven, Twomz
Crazy (2) : Pokerface, Haschel Cedricson
DragonsofSummer (1) : the silent speaker
Jex (1) : Jex
the silent speaker (1) : Coron
Max (1) : alvinz95

Deadline: Sunday, October 5th 12:00 CET.
Max wrote:TDC, are you going to throw your insane deadline style?
The vote has decided so, yes.
if they do not it will waste valuable scum-hunting time, you have just proved that...
How can this possibly have wasted "valuable scum-hunting time", when I'm the one who sets the deadline anyway?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:26 am

Post by Max »

Correct but, you are making us decide which one to go with, so we were concentrating on that.

Is there any reason why Iron Man would be lynched over Batt?
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:27 am

Post by TDC »

He reached three votes first (I think, feel free to correct me on that one).
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:30 am

Post by Max »

Why are you not voting?

You should vote.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:34 am

Post by TDC »

Because me being part of a mislynch will absolve everyone else on it from their responsibility.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:48 am

Post by Max »

I would disagree with you there, you, are a confirmed townie, whoever you vote is not confirmed scum. I treat everyone who voted Tarhildur with caution, just because DGB thought Tar was scum does not mean everyone else is suspicious, you at the moment are lurking, because you have not posted content. Post content, you are confirmed townie, so lets use your position to our advantage. Think about any game where the cop cleared a player. Think about it, they don't stop posting. They know mafia will kill them because the doc is protecting the cop, but they still help. And you're not.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:48 am

Post by Battousai »

Actually, technically I'm the head vote since I would think Iron man's replacement would vote to avoid voting himself/herself.

I think only 4 people actually voted for the deadline vote, I don't believe that's majority. Also, TDC, since the lead vote holder only has 3 votes, which isn't majority, what would you do? Blow that person up or try and get more votes on the top candidates or something?

Also, I believe it was DoS who said I "attacked" confirmed townie DGB yesterday. Could you please show us some quotes where I "attacked" her? Also let's assume I attacked her as you say. Why would scum do that? Now I can see scum doing this to discredit the confirmed townie in a regular setup, but not this where the confirmed townie IS going to be killed at the end of the day, regardless.
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:43 am

Post by TDC »

Battousai wrote:I think only 4 people actually voted for the deadline vote, I don't believe that's majority.
And? I'll not wait 2 weeks just to decide which deadline method to use.
Also, TDC, since the lead vote holder only has 3 votes, which isn't majority, what would you do? Blow that person up or try and get more votes on the top candidates or something?
Well, I hope that you guys are able to get some bigger wagons going within two weeks.
I will blow up that person.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

<<Working on a post and reading rest now. Just thought I'd give you that update to let you all know i am alive. Neighbors finally got their power back early yesterday morning. They might aswell scrap everything in their frigs. i was only happy to help ones who are generally good neighbors. Anoying ones who are now not borrowing my shower and power can kiss my ass. I am glad they be out of my house and i can finally deal with all 3 games i'm playing.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

Back to reading again. The remainder of day one pages 22-25 mainly revolved around Tar getting blown up and some people touching on it and some not. Bunch of other players were shouting, pick me, pick me I want bomb tomorrow. Batt looked rather town I kinda liked his explaination of K7 saying kill me after Tar could be a scum tactic.

Saying Kill me isn't a scum tell but it certainly isn't a town tell. In no way is it a town tell even if you say you were joking. If you are town, asking to be blown up effectivly hurts your side. I don't see it as a good joke. This game may not have the quick explosions and entertainment me and you enjoy K7, but if you aren't going to play, constantly ask for death because of that, maybe you should ask for replacement. It ain't a scum tell but severly anti-town.
M4yhem wrote:Any idea who might have armed you, TDC? All I can think is 'not Coron' and of course, that's wifom.
Twomz wrote:I'm here... I am going to try my best for a reread sometime soon /sigh.

Since I'm not being as helpful yet as I normally am for the town, I'm going to assume that the mafia won't give me the bomb unless they feel like I'm the only one left who is going to miss.

And while it's shrouded in WIFOM, TDC, you might want to put more or less weight on your target depending on if you pushed for them yesterday or not. Because realistically the mafia would want to pick a bomb they think would kill a person they want dead (2 birds with one stone), but knowing that they could pick a person who was attacking one of them to "clear" that person.

I'll trust your judgment on this one.
These comments by Mayhem and Twomz I don't like. They are first to bring up any WIFOM elements involved with who you suspect getting effected by you recieving the bomb. Getting the bomb should only mean you are confirmed town. considering wifom involved for even a second can effect your judgement. I find it is best to ignore Wifom don't acknowledge it continue to scumhunt as usual whether you are confirmed or not always. Stating you know its WIFOM does not deminish the fact you brought it up.

Note to those who did jump on Ironman. He lurks in alot of games. Whether he is scum or town. I have seen him lurk as both bigtime. He is not a prolfic player regardless of alignment. Him lurking = null tell Especially Since Dos noted Ironman had V/la mentioned in his sig. I note that Crazy jumped on Ironman right after Forbidden light did.
M4yhem wrote:
Unvote, Vote Alvinz
for tunnelling on Max and his inaccurate, derivative scumlist yesterday.
This statement is true. also
alvinz95 wrote:Bah! Written out a full post, but internet died. Too lazy now, so I'll just recap.

@-Max: Seriously, do you think I'm ONLY attacking your because of your meta? Give a read to my scumlist from Day 1 and it shows much more reasons why. Why do you misquote me?

@-M4yhem: Your vote doesn't seemed to be backed by much valid points. My "incorrect" scumlist was only incorrect on the fact I placed ??? all over twomz's name because I wasn't sure who it really was that FL omgused. and If you think my statement on how you lingered on a lurker lynch was incorrect, then thats your opinion, cause you did linger upon it (now I get what you're saying). None of the points on my main suspects were incorrect, so you can't say the whole thing was incorrect, except for some random notes at the end. Weak. Really, if I was tunnel visioned on max, then I wouldn't even bother to reread to find another suspect, and I did. Are you Max's pal?

Reread:
The two that caught my attention were Crazy and armlx. Both seem to be relaxing and watching everyone hunt for scum as they just pop back and relax, saying something every so often. Crazy is almost lurker-like with not too much posts with content related to scumhunting. Seemed as tho he was trying to stay under the radar with his vote on Iron Man after being called for it. I just feel armlx's play is more random and I kinda believe that a more experienced person should be scum to even think of giving the bomb to DGB.

Right now, I'm going with Max still as he STILL lingers on the "meta" point when theres really much more.

Vote: Max
After you reread armlx and crazy jump out at you. But you don't vote them or push these suspicions strongly later on. Instead you go back to Max tunneling when you mentioned max alot less than Crazy and armlx here.
[sarcasm]
That is a brilliant idea! You deserve a scumhunting award!
[/sarcasm]
Glad Mayhem noticed some of this too. I am now wondering if Alvinz, Crazy and Armlx are all scum and this was bad distancing by Alvinz since he did not push these suspicions strongly. I Will explain my opinions on armlx later on here.
alvinz95 wrote:M4yhem, I told you that I reread Max and BM, then you come back saying that I didn't reread my "suspects". Wtf? I skim for not as important parts. Rereading was a hassle to just look for some quick notes, and so what if I'm lazy. You cannot quote lack of posting. Thats your opinion that you don't think I reread. I reread to find new suspects. Now that I reread, I still think Max is scum, but I have other players that I can look out for, such as Crazy and armlx. Are you saying that if I have multiple suspects I can't attack just one of them?
And what I'm saying is you aren't really attacking Armlx and crazy. Did you quote suspecific things that made Armlx and Crazy jump out to you, did you quote suspecific things they said?
Nope.
Did you ask them questions pretaining to Crazy and Armlx overall play, in an effort to see if your suspicions held weight?
Nope.
Does this in any way encourage other players to scumhunt and lynch Crazy or Armlx.
Not really since you are voting Max.
It only encourages me to thinking you could possibly be distancing yourself from my other suspect Crazy and maybe distancing yourself from Armlx too.

What I don't like about Armlx is is varying views of K7 and Tarhalindur. It feels alot like he was trying not to have people kill K7 at first, basically trying to keep people sane before some quick exploding. Like he was in between on K7 and didn't think he should die for being suicidal. And then armlx finds one opinion statement and was like "Ah fuck it, kill him". Did you think to ask K7 why he thought scum would give bomb to lurkers? Did you want to try and understand what he was getting at with such a bizarre opinion?
Nope, you figured he had to die soon and you didn't even vote him for that.
Nice Move.[/sarcasm]
armlx wrote:
K7 wrote: The bomb holder needs to blow me up.
facepalm.

Just saying this means someone HAS to at some point in the game.
armlx wrote:M4yh3m, the suicidal people can only have their alignment revealed via a lynch, regardless of how pro-town/anti-town their actions are. Now, what other group in this game falls under the same circumstances, and how can we reasonably distinguish the two while someone is acting that way?
armlx wrote:EBWODP: To be fair, odds are that scenario would apply to K7 all game anyways. Also, now would probably be a better time to deal with people who are acting scummy in other ways to gain more info. He has to die by lynch at a later point however.

Also, what differentiates him from tar is tar used it as a defense to a larger attack.
armlx wrote:
I would think the scum would want to give the bomb to lurkers who really dont know whats going on in the game, vs giving the bomb to someone whos a stronger player.
I'm now convinced K7 needs to die now/soon.
If you think he is town he should not die regardless of how anti-town you see him play. There is a difference between anti-town and being scummy. Not playing the game like K7 is doing is anti-town and does not further his position if he is scum. If you don't think lurker and "kill me" actions further him as scum, then he is only Anti-town and not scummy. And I think K7 should try to do well in this game. He should try playing this game or mod/patition for and or join one where he can kill people rappidly like in a Bad Idea Mafia format.
Crazy wrote:
Battousai wrote:What we should do is kill anyone who asks to be killed. If they are town, then good job, you're sabotaging the game. If they're mafia, then they're dead. This is similar to lynch all lurkers. If you make it a rule, lurkers would stop lurking to avoid being killed. Same thing goes for suicidal players.
No, you don't kill him. You tell him, "Post content or prepare to be killed." If K7 doesn't actually play this game, then yes, he's a problem, because he would be useless to the town and there's very little chance he'd ever get a bomb. In that case, it would probably be beneficial to blow him up.
Do you think K7 is scummy or just Anti-town? If he is town his death won't be benefitial.

That was post 710 by crazy. This is post 720 by crazy.
Crazy wrote:Lol, TDC's making his own game.

I'll
Unvote, Revote Iron Man
if that's the case, because M4yhem owned that question.
You certainly have dropped your K7 comments quickly to go back to wagoning ironman haven't you? K7 did alot of lurking just like ironman so your actions feel very inconsistant. Just Because TDC has changed to rules you think its necessary to go back to ironman and forget about the stuff you said pretaining to K7? If you honestly think someone is scum you should push for their lynch. If you honestly think someone is Anti-town you should convince them to change the playing that is making them Anti-town. You don't drop the manner instantaneously.
killa seven wrote:I dont like the whole argument that we should kill k7 because the scum wont and he will be around later, the point is to blow up scum, if you think im scum blow me up, if you think im just unhelpfull but town, then thats not really good town play.
This basically.

I have read pages 22-29 and am looking at Crazy, Alvinz, and Armlx as being scum. Vote is staying on Crazy. Will read 30-present asap. I am going to get some dinner and what not now.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

To be honest, I've been a bit remiss right now and kinda been not sure what to say. I will state that enough people have corrobated lurker Iron Man that I will
Unvote
,,,and I actually could see Crazy scum just given how he's been very single minded on iron man (easy lynch) and the earlier trouble with the weak case. I'm not sure I understand why Bat is scummy beyond the way he voted for deadlines? But yeah,
Vote Crazy
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:48 am

Post by armlx »

If you think he is town he should not die regardless of how anti-town you see him play.
I came around to thinking he was townish after I made the he should auto-die statement, and K7's play is always not very pro-town.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by Crazy »

I'd like to note that I believe I mentioned Iron Man before anyone else did. I'm not completely sold on a lynch of him... I really need to re-read.

Busy in Meat World lately; will contribute more soon.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by M4yhem »

Alvinz- When you come back, please will you tell me:
Did you see the post by Dripping goofball that said Max’s behaviour WAS consistent with his meta? What do you think of that post? Do you have any reason to think she was wrong?

Do you see the hypocrisy in calling me out for supporting lynching lurkers and then suggesting Killah seven is scummy because he is lurking?

Since Armlx and Crazy have more votes than Max, wouldn’t it make more sense to vote for one of them since you suspect them also?
PokerFace wrote: considering wifom involved for even a second can effect your judgement.
Oh come on, it’s not voodoo. I think talking about things is better than not talking about them, even if they’re confusing. There’s bound to be a reason TDC was chosen- even if he was picked completely randomly, that points to some people more than others. Just because it’s hard to figure out doesn’t mean we should stick our fingers in our ears.

I agree Crazy is very easy to convince. Saying I ‘owned’ a question is possible buddying up too, even if it’s true.

I mostly agree about Alvinz. I’m a little paranoid, actually, that you are following my suspicions. As for Armlx, he is guilty of what Batt is guilty of- suggesting a policy lynch on K-7 for what might have been a joke.

Max- Is there a reason you don’t want Iron Man lynched over Batt? Is Alvinz still your pick for today- if so, why? What do you think of Killah 7?
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Battousai wrote:Also, I believe it was DoS who said I "attacked" confirmed townie DGB yesterday. Could you please show us some quotes where I "attacked" her? Also let's assume I attacked her as you say. Why would scum do that? Now I can see scum doing this to discredit the confirmed townie in a regular setup, but not this where the confirmed townie IS going to be killed at the end of the day, regardless.
I was saying that your questioning of DGB felt more like an attack than innocent questions yesterday when my reread. Not that you directly attacked her.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by armlx »

I was saying that your questioning of DGB felt more like an attack than innocent questions yesterday when my reread. Not that you directly attacked her.
I think I said this yesterday.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by Battousai »

Ok, not seeing a difference, but could you still answer the question on why scum would do it? How bout you armlx?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:32 pm

Post by armlx »

Ok, not seeing a difference, but could you still answer the question on why scum would do it? How bout you armlx?
Because being scum puts people out of their comfort zones which makes them do rediculous anti-town things?
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:27 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Because the way you did it is very subtle. It isn't a blatant attack, but it does kind of throw a little suspicion on whether or not DGB (even though confirmed town) is making good decisions, and it doesn't really put all that much light on you like a blatant attack would.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:06 am

Post by Battousai »

I haven't looked back at what I said, but being a confirmed townie doesn't mean all of your suspicions are right, just that you have no ulterior motives. Also, maybe because it wasn't meant to be an attack, isn't that a possibility?

Armlx: Maybe my comfort zone is being scum? Maybe being anti-town to you doesn't mean there were ulterior motives?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:23 am

Post by armlx »

Armlx: Maybe my comfort zone is being scum? Maybe being anti-town to you doesn't mean there were ulterior motives?
Don't buy it. I've seen your play elsewhere, and in no way does it show a meta of scumminess.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:38 am

Post by M4yhem »

A meta of scuminess != an enjoyment of the scum role.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”