Mafia 85 - Murder at the Bus Stop (game over)

BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:34 am

Post by BlakAdder »

Also, armlx, care to specify why you're voting him?

Mod edit
Votecount:
Wall-E (2): Mana_Ku, farside22
Alabaska J (2): fouxdufafa, armlx
farside22 (2): Sir Tornado, Alabaska J
Sir Tornado (2): Moratorium, BlakAdder
fouxdufafa (1): Slicey
Cream147 (1): Empking
Empking (1): RestFermata
Slicey (1): Wall-E
farside22 (1): martin413
RestFermata (1): Riceballtail
Surye (1): Demon Pineapple

Not voting (10): Xtoxm, al4xz, Azuma, Surye, Shanba, Cream147, Jebus, Slepz, DynamoXI, Megatheory
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:45 am

Post by armlx »

unvote, vote: farside22 for giving into Sir T.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:46 am

Post by farside22 »

armlx wrote:
Vote alabaska
Why?

BlakAdder: Did you read the talks between Armlx and Sir T. Did you not think Sir T explained himself?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

unvote

vote Empking

There! I am voting now. Want to add something?
I'm back!
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Empking »

I can see the reasons for Tonado doing what he did if he's town and if he's scum. So what what he did is a null tell, for me.

I don't understand what's scummy about Albraska's quoted post.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:57 am

Post by armlx »

Also armlx vs. Sir T looks townie v. townie at the moment. Just wanted to say this before it blows up into a full-blown thing and someone gets lynched.
This too.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:58 am

Post by armlx »

Blah, never mind this, its not going to get anywhere productive.

Unvote
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:00 am

Post by BlakAdder »

@farside: Not really. He dodged most of the questions, and the ones he did answer he still kind of beat around the bush, being rather vague doing so.
@armlx: Thank you.
@Tornado: Was there any reason behind your vote beside responding to Empking's question?
Game Record (W-L-T)
Town: 1-2-1
Mafia: 1-2-0
Third-party: 1-0-0
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:01 am

Post by armlx »

@armlx: Thank you.
I was trying to see what he was going to do to respond, but it just failed as A) a bunch of other people got to it first and B) I realized I had randomly chosen the person I agreed with.
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:13 am

Post by BlakAdder »

Well, really, I was thanking you for responding to my question. I didn't see that you had unvoted until after I posted.
Game Record (W-L-T)
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:20 am

Post by armlx »

Well, really, I was thanking you for responding to my question. I didn't see that you had unvoted until after I posted.
What are your thoughts on that then?
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:24 am

Post by Moratorium »

Sir Tornado wrote:
unvote
vote Empking

There! I'm helping!
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:27 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

BlakAdder wrote: @Tornado: Was there any reason behind your vote beside responding to Empking's question?
I actually saw the following post after I voted EmpKing, but it seems strange you are asking...
BlakAdder wrote:vote: Sir Tornado
He's had a decent number of posts so far, but he's said relatively nothing. Half of your posts are pointless questions that are meant soly to make people look scummy, and the other half are just dodging questions that people have asked you.
I'm back!
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:28 am

Post by Surye »

Sir Tornado wrote:
unvote

vote Empking

There! I am voting now. Want to add something?
I'm starting to side with the SirT votes. And this really did it for me. Pretending to play is unacceptable.
Vote: Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Surye wrote: I'm starting to side with the SirT votes. And this really did it for me. Pretending to play is unacceptable. Vote: Sir Tornado
This is ironic, considering only I and Armlx seem to be actually playing this game. The rest of you seem to think (before this page) discussing lurkers belongs to mafia games. Try the "mafia discussion" forum.
I'm back!
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:46 am

Post by BlakAdder »

Dodging the issue yet again. You start to go under fire and you try to change the subject to something that totally doesn't matter.
@armlx: Explain, please.
Game Record (W-L-T)
Moratorium
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Moratorium
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Moratorium »

Surye wrote:

I'm starting to side with the SirT votes. And this really did it for me. Pretending to play is unacceptable. Vote: Sir Tornado

This is ironic, considering only I and Armlx seem to be actually playing this game. The rest of you seem to think (before this page) discussing lurkers belongs to mafia games. Try the "mafia discussion" forum.
Translation: Hey, thanks for unvoting me, Armlx, here's a token compliment.

And you are strawmanning the lurkers thing. It's no longer the argument-du-jour.

1. Why should we not consider your shotgun approach to questioning and refusal to answer questions as a scummy, obfuscating tactic?

2. The pressure we are starting to put on you is, I would say, rather mild. But we're starting to see wierd replies from you now like "Ha! I voted, take that!" on voting EmpKing, or "That's the way I play, OK?". I would interpret these non-responses as a defense mechanism while you try to figure out how to explain your scummy, scummy ways. I'd like to get a reasoned response from you that simply puts all of our arguments to rest.

Shouldn't be a problem, right?
Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
Cream147
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Cream147
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Cream147 »

Sir Tornado wrote:
Surye wrote: I'm starting to side with the SirT votes. And this really did it for me. Pretending to play is unacceptable. Vote: Sir Tornado
Got a bit of discussion whirling didn't it? We're out of the random stage nice and quick.
[u]Apologies[/u]
I abandoned this place out of stress about 6 months ago. I let a lot of people down in doing so. I am starting afresh, I will not join more than 2 games at a time and I will definitely not be modding a game in the foreseeable future.
Surye
Surye
Mafia Scum
Surye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:03 am

Post by Surye »

Sir Tornado wrote:
Pretending to play early is MUCH worse then making theory discussion in early game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:05 am

Post by farside22 »

Empking post 46 - I know it's a random vote but what a weird thing to say.
"Vote: Azuma

He's a townsperson."
Post 103: Does knowing that at deadline which is 14 days the person with the most votes is lynched whether we come to a consense make people more nervous to post with a threat of voting for them if they don't post more soon?

RestFermenta post 47 just copies empking's comment. Did I miss this being a new tread?

Moratorium Post 72: For someone who has a reason to vote it seems a little reservse reason to vote. Ah never mind post 122 is more clear. I retract my comment.

Manu - post 80: I disagree with this. Even if someone knows they are being pressured to talk. If they are town then they should talk and stop lurkering. Mafia may speak too knowing that at deadline if they aren't careful they will be lynched.

Cream Post 99: Agreed. Well this should be put with agreed if they want to play to win. Some people are lazy when it comes to posting and playing.

Wall-E post 118, Scum searching is better then lurker lynching. One is more informative then the other.

Megatheory: Post 119 "
A) what akes Wall-E scummy now?

B) How can you be sure he is scum if you always find him scummy?

Just in case you missed my answer:
So I decided to unvote and vote for the Wall-E as a joke vote because if you read his games he has a tendency of being lynched D1 or D2 and so far is town every game. He just comes off scummy.
Surye: Post 163. I got that Sir T was being sarcastic. How did everything else he say deserve a vote with one sarcastic comment?

With all the lurker talks I think seeing the rules about deadline votes might clear people from lurking if they do feel the need to lurk and don't respond to pressure.
-This game has deadlines of ~14 days, with a possible extension of 72 hours (if there are claims, heavy discussion, or recent replacements for example). At deadline, the person with the most votes will be lynched. In case of a tie, I will “go back in time” until the point before there was a tie, to determine who will be lynched.
I hope that by people realizing that a threat of lurking and possible votes will keep lurking null and void at this point. 14 days may seem a lot of time to post something, but it's not if your name is on the chopping block.

Now with that said and reading thru things I just dont' get the Sir T vote. I have no issue with someone asking questions even about a random vote. Also I saw his last vote as sarcastic with a point about empking's comment. Really if you think people should be voting how about pointing out people you think are scummy.
Fos: Empking

So far out of everyone Surye's vote on Sir T looks more like a BW vote then anything else. I don't see why he voted on Sir T as a reason to vote.

unvote:
vote: Surye
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:06 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Cream147 wrote: Got a bit of discussion whirling didn't it? We're out of the random stage nice and quick.
Sure you got a bit of discussion. But, do you think it said anything about the alignments of the players?
BlakAdder wrote:Dodging the issue yet again. You start to go under fire and you try to change the subject to something that totally doesn't matter.
@armlx: Explain, please.
I did not dodge the question. Look at the post and the two quoted posts carefully, then
think
what I may be hinting there.
Moratorium wrote: Translation: Hey, thanks for unvoting me, Armlx, here's a token compliment.
A career tip: Don't go into translation business.
Moratorium wrote: 1. Why should we not consider your shotgun approach to questioning and refusal to answer questions as a scummy, obfuscating tactic?
There's something called meta. If I play like that all the time, it can't be scummy, can it? And, I have actually answered most of the questions asked to me if you read my posts more carefully and grasp what they say completely.
Moratorium wrote: 2. The pressure we are starting to put on you is, I would say, rather mild. But we're starting to see wierd replies from you now like "Ha! I voted, take that!" on voting EmpKing, or "That's the way I play, OK?". I would interpret these non-responses as a defense mechanism while you try to figure out how to explain your scummy, scummy ways. I'd like to get a reasoned response from you that simply puts all of our arguments to rest.
Wouldn't it serve you better if you check whether I really play like that instead of speculating whether it is a defense mechanism or something? If I really play like that, then do you expect me to change my play style just because a few players are voting me? It's not going to happen.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Surye wrote: Pretending to play early is MUCH worse then making theory discussion in early game.
Perhaps, but:

1) Making theories which do not help us catch scum is pretending to play.

2) I am not pretending to play.
I'm back!
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:09 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

Where's Wall-E? If he was here, Sir Tornado would have some difficulties right now.

Sir T, don't do that. I don't like it when players should look at your posts and conclude from that what you're hinting. We don't know what you actually mean with it. I want to hear a direct answer from you. At this moment I see this as avoiding the question.
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:12 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Mana_ku wrote: Sir T, don't do that. I don't like it when players should look at your posts and conclude from that what you're hinting. We don't know what you actually mean with it. I want to hear a direct answer from you. At this moment I see this as avoiding the question.
I believe this is one post where BlakAdder is saying I am dodging the question:
Sir Tornado wrote:
BlakAdder wrote: @Tornado: Was there any reason behind your vote beside responding to Empking's question?
I actually saw the following post after I voted EmpKing, but it seems strange you are asking...
BlakAdder wrote:vote: Sir Tornado
He's had a decent number of posts so far, but he's said relatively nothing. Half of your posts are pointless questions that are meant soly to make people look scummy, and the other half are just dodging questions that people have asked you.
Does it really take a genius to work out why I am voting for EmpKing after reading this post?
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

And, in case it does, read EmpKing's posts before he asks people to vote for someone.
I'm back!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”