Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:08 am

Post by Retti »

In post 553, Esooa wrote:
In post 550, Retti wrote:@Esooa can you please answer me why VFP is so obvtown to you
I've played with him before. I know his meta. Snippy, sarcastic comments, not giving so many in depth reads, etc. I'm not really that interested in going over all it, but I just don't see anything he's done as scummy either yet he's being pushed by a lot of people for it
So, I did a mini-metadive on VFP:

Draft Mafia

Here he's immediately solvy, but it's a replace in so there's content to work with. So it's hard to judge anything on that basis. What is notable are his responses to pressure:
"I can see why you think I'm scum but I'm not. Being wrong doesn't just mean scum though."
"In what world do I bus drive mastina and Toog, attack Toog and hope that they have something to confirm my bus drive, instead of just not bus driving or bus driving different targets?
This is him explaining why he wouldn't have taken the actions he did as scum.
"I'm just too tilted now to go through the day."

He's tonally calm, almost no snippiness, when he's questioned about something he explains himself cleanly. The only bit that really comes close to how he's acting here is the last bit, but it doesn't really come through in his posts, he just says he's tilted after some fairly normal looking posts.

Mini Normal 2196

"This just feels lazy and posting to post on your side." "Either way, doesn't sit right."
here he's correctly responding to a bad accusation against him. There is, I suppose, similar notes in the writing style although it's tempered.
"I'm open for discussion to why I'm voting wrong though."
"Okay I see what you're saying I think."
"If you saw how my reads were there you can probably understand why I'm so unsure of myself here."
"Because we don't win here. Its not AtE, its knowing how the game ends."

What's also notable is that there is a
remarkable
amount of depth to his reads and solving here, and very little in the way of snippy, sarcastic comments. The game state of course is once again wildly different - he entered 48 pages in and there was far more content to work with, which would explain the heightened effort. When he got pressured in the lategame of this one, he adopted a fatalist attitude, which obviously isn't really comparable with this game, so I wouldn't conclude anything off of that. Still, he was much less reactive with his posting and more analytical.

I don't have any scum games as reference (he replaced into raw unfilted upick but didn't post and got vigged during the night), so the conclusions to be drawn about VFP's alignment this game aren't as strong - I have no idea of his scum range, I can say he's playing
differently
but there are factors that can influence someone's play outside of their alignment. Maybe he had a bad day and that's why he's getting so worked up, who knows. Those are his only completed games but feel free to do your own research, I have some doubts.

Esooa's characterization of VFP's meta is almost entirely untrue, though. The overconfidence being placed in this read by Esooa feels like it's coming from someone who knows his alignment is town, and in the post I quoted, she reduces her defense from "obviously town" to "don't see anything he's done as scummy yet" is a backpedal that looks like she realized she can't articulate a real reason for tonreading him. Bamboozle's reasons for townreading VFP made sense, Esooa's did not.

VOTE: Esooa
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:29 am

Post by Esooa »

you're completely wrong on my posts but I don't really care

your vote is in a better place tbh cause I'm never going over today whereas vfp could
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:30 am

Post by Esooa »

Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:34 am

Post by Retti »

After skimming Bell's meta very briefly, I can agree the results here so far look like his scumgame, but enough people seem to be aware of that already, I wanted to get the results of my research out
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Esooa »

if you want my opinion of his fight with willow it's that I don't give a fuck and didn't read it

he opens the game calm

his tone is the same as other games

he is contributing

he does not play to impress anyone or get town read, in fact when someone says he's a good vote he says then they should be voting him and questions why they aren't

like, every post he makes is towny

I never disagreed with it but it's a chore to explain

my point of saying he's done nothing scummy is that he's done nothing scummy yet is being wagoned

for poor reasons

the thread state basically spews him town outside his play
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:48 am

Post by Retti »

Wow, the town players in the game suck ass

After reading it through, I don't really think it's comparable at all. That game was almost totally barren for content and and had nothing to work with, and yet
he did not performatively grouse about the lack of activity the way he has here
. He set about trying to make reads, question others, and solve in a fairly calm manner. He didn't get snippy or sarcastic, really, except for for dismissing the person flipping out at him when they were tunneling each other. I absolutely do not believe you could be dead-certain he is town based off a single game of experience with him
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:48 am

Post by Retti »

In post 579, Esooa wrote:if you want my opinion of his fight with willow it's that I don't give a fuck and didn't read it
Oh, convenient

Yeah, this is scum
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:49 am

Post by Esooa »

In post 580, Retti wrote:
Wow, the town players in the game suck ass

After reading it through, I don't really think it's comparable at all. That game was almost totally barren for content and and had nothing to work with, and yet
he did not performatively grouse about the lack of activity the way he has here
. He set about trying to make reads, question others, and solve in a fairly calm manner. He didn't get snippy or sarcastic, really, except for for dismissing the person flipping out at him when they were tunneling each other. I absolutely do not believe you could be dead-certain he is town based off a single game of experience with him
have you even looked at his ISO this game

lol
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:50 am

Post by Esooa »

In post 581, Retti wrote:
In post 579, Esooa wrote:if you want my opinion of his fight with willow it's that I don't give a fuck and didn't read it
Oh, convenient

Yeah, this is scum
your reads are shit and I'm going to move forward by ignoring you until you get faded for being PoEd cause of shit reads
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:52 am

Post by Retti »

In post 579, Esooa wrote:he opens the game calm

he is contributing

he does not play to impress anyone or get town read, in fact when someone says he's a good vote he says then they should be voting him and questions why they aren't

my point of saying he's done nothing scummy is that he's done nothing scummy yet is being wagoned

for poor reasons

I don't believe this explanation, and if this was your actual reasoning, why did you not lead with it, rather than saying "oh this is his town meta ez"? To me this looks like inventing a new story after the fact when I poked holes in your old one
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:53 am

Post by Retti »

In post 583, Esooa wrote:
In post 581, Retti wrote:
Oh, convenient

Yeah, this is scum
your reads are shit and I'm going to move forward by ignoring you until you get faded for being PoEd cause of shit reads
Don't count on it
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:54 am

Post by Esooa »

actually I'm going to continue calling retti mafia

his posts are legit awful

he has no actual substantive reason to scum read vfp nor myself

his posting after I comment how bad his view of the game is (being convinced to so few people) is nothing but reiterating his vfp scum read and even that is simply because vfp got mad someone, nothing more

and then also voting me for basically game throwing bad reasons if town
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:55 am

Post by Esooa »

I had apprehension because I wasn't sure if he was capable of pretending to do work as mafia but when he comes out with no good conclusions from his with I am not going to consider it
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:56 am

Post by Esooa »

In post 584, Retti wrote:
In post 579, Esooa wrote:he opens the game calm

he is contributing

for poor reasons

I don't believe this explanation, and if this was your actual reasoning, why did you not lead with it, rather than saying "oh this is his town meta ez"? To me this looks like inventing a new story after the fact when I poked holes in your old one
because dialoguing with players like you is useless, as has been proven, so I didn't really want to talk to you before

at this point it's pertinent so I can show the thread you are not trying to read people fairly
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:57 am

Post by Retti »

I quite literally said I have some doubts about VFP but can't elaborate, you're clearly not reading my posts and are looking for things to nitpick and disingenuously asserting I have "no reasons" for my reads
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:57 am

Post by Esooa »

In post 586, Esooa wrote:actually I'm going to continue calling retti mafia

his posts are legit awful

he has no actual substantive reason to scum read vfp nor myself

his posting after I comment how bad his view of the game is (being
confined
to so few people) is nothing but reiterating his vfp scum read and even that is simply because vfp got mad someone, nothing more

and then also voting me for basically game throwing bad reasons if town
edited
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:59 am

Post by Retti »

I also explained already that I didn't feel it was the right time to out reads on everyone yet, once again proving you are ignoring my posts and don't actually care about what answers I give and are only trying to paint me as scum
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:01 am

Post by Esooa »

In post 591, Retti wrote:I also explained already that I didn't feel it was the right time to out reads on everyone yet
lmao
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Esooa »

have you looked at vfps iso in this game?
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:08 am

Post by willow1 »

imagine looking at extensive citations and research across three different games with full explanations

then going "your reads are shit and you're shit because my gut tells me they're town i don't need to read anything"

lol
Esooa
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Esooa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Esooa »

I'm just that good at mafia
Retti
Retti
Goon
Retti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:09 am

Post by Retti »

Admittedly, looking back, my early toneread on VFP was bad, but I knew nothing of him at the time. This still doesn't excuse shifting the ground from "is obvious town" to "is being voted for bad reasons" and is again merely making broad dismissals rather than substantive critique. You literally said you didn't read his argument with willow which was a significant part of the reason for him being voted, so how can you say the reasons are bad?
In post 592, Esooa wrote:
In post 591, Retti wrote:I also explained already that I didn't feel it was the right time to out reads on everyone yet
lmao
smug scum
willow1
willow1
Goon
willow1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:10 am

Post by willow1 »

if u say so lol
Retti