the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:39 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

No, you're right, that post of Wacky's is ringing all kinds of bells. Not just the" wolfy wagon" line, but the paragraph about PB too has a couple of things that look wrong. I'm trying to remember why I decided to hold off voting for Wacky awaiting developments, and right now I'm drawing a blank. I think it might have been sheer laziness.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2004 3:39 pm

No, you're right, that post of Wacky's is ringing all kinds of bells. Not just the" wolfy wagon" line, but the paragraph about PB too has a couple of things that look wrong. I'm trying to remember why I decided to hold off voting for Wacky awaiting developments, and right now I'm drawing a blank. I think it might have been sheer laziness.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
lulu muumuu
lulu muumuu
Goon
lulu muumuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:59 pm

Post by lulu muumuu »

im going to have to agree. as weird as flying dutchman's comment was, i think wacky's suspicions of nanook in this game based on the town game doesn't really seem like a good strategy. i'll probably vote for nanook, but not in this game.

vote: wacky

fos: flying dutchman
Show
[size=75]:shock:[i]scared poopless

in Kidvitational 1 signups:[/i]
meaning of life 42:[color=darkblue] ok. I'm sorry MeMe if your sry. Can we be friends again?[/color]
MeMe:[color=darkred] I'm [i]totally [/i]sry. Friends 4ever![/color]
[/size]
Mgm
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mgm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:49 pm

Post by Mgm »

Vote:Wacky

His reasoning on voting Nanoook is completely faulty. And as others have said, bandwagoning when you are the first to vote is extremely suspicious.
Show
"Logic is a systematic method to come to the wrong conclusion."
[u][b]Next:[/b] Doctor Who Mafia[/u]
[u]Testimonials about Mgm:[/u]
:shock: - Stoofer
You put me through hell Mgm, my nerves are crushed :/ - Patrick
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:35 am

Post by Norinel »

Vote Count

Flying Dutchman- 3 (the silent speaker, Talitha, Save The Dragons)
Wacky- 3 (NanookTheWolf, lulu muumuu, Mgm)
PeaceBringer- 1 (Flying Dutchman)
NanookTheWolf- 1 (Wacky)

Not voting (5)- Fishbulb, MMCL, PeaceBringer, ralphmerridew, Silgado106

7 to lynch.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:38 am

Post by Wacky »

Well, I'm not sure what to say in this situation. I can't really get why I'm being accused of laziness, because my holidays just started. I.e. I should be the opposite of laziness. I suppose this could be attributed to my more frequent posts which have correspondingly less content.

Does it really make sense that as mgm says bandwagoning when I'm the first to vote is suspicious? I tend to associate that with sheer incompetence more than anything else.

Anyway, the key to lynching scum in the right game is to make sure you lynch them in the right game. Reactions are good, and reactions are always good. Even when I don't know what I'm doing I get reactions, and that is good for the town.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:50 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

Vote: Flying Dutchman
Just following others.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:50 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

the silent speaker wrote:No, you're right, that post of Wacky's is ringing all kinds of bells. Not just the" wolfy wagon" line, but the paragraph about PB too has a couple of things that look wrong. I'm trying to remember why I decided to hold off voting for Wacky awaiting developments, and right now I'm drawing a blank. I think it might have been sheer laziness.
-Wacky If Tss's post is the one you are talking about where you are being called lazy, well then you misread it, because he is calling himself lazy.
Wacky wrote:Does it really make sense that as mgm says bandwagoning when I'm the first to vote is suspicious? I tend to associate that with sheer incompetence more than anything else.
I agree with you there that it is sheer icompetence and not necessarily scumminess.
Wacky wrote:Anyway, the key to lynching scum in the right game is to make sure you lynch them in the right game. Reactions are good, and reactions are always good. Even when I don't know what I'm doing I get reactions, and that is good for the town.
Ok, this is where you have my head spinning, because you seem to contradict yourself. You say the key to lynching scum in the right game is to make sure you lynch them in the right game ... Are you saying that I am scum in this game?

You are kinda of ticking me off, by not answering my questions and in turn adding more confusion to the town.

If your good then just use a straight foreward answer.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:12 pm

Post by Wacky »

What?
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 9:20 pm

Post by Wacky »

Okay, I'm a bit confused, but... I suspect Nanook might be scum in the other game, but I also suspect nanook might be scum in this game, because it is sometimes hard to tell which, plus I thought there was already a bandwagon on nanook, so I voted for him.

I guess the whole premise was wrong, so
Unvote
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:07 pm

Post by Flying Dutchman »

ralphmerridew wrote:
Vote: Flying Dutchman
Just following others.
There was another person with just as much votes, care to give a reason?
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:13 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Still avoiding answering anything, vote definately staying ...

You did not even at least comment on one thing that I've said so far against you. Are you trying to ignore me, cause if that be the case then fine ... makes this whole thing much easier for me.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:21 am

Post by Wacky »

Which questions would that be?

Are you addressing me or FD?

Mod: could you possibly provide links to starts and ends of days? It would help figurig out which game is which when rereading.

And what is the werewolf equivalent of "Flying Pumpkin that shoots Lazers out of its Ass"?
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:18 pm

Post by Norinel »

Wacky wrote:Mod: could you possibly provide links to starts and ends of days? It would help figurig out which game is which when rereading.
Done, in the front post. I will forget to update it, probably more than once.
And what is the werewolf equivalent of "Flying Pumpkin that shoots Lazers out of its Ass"?
Flying
WERE
pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Ass.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:54 pm

Post by Wacky »

Hey. I figured I'd do a little (but only a little) rereading, instead of just being useless as I have been for the past few game days.

I've been thinking about:

1. The night kills:

KingEnigma - just replaced. I'm not sure when people got the idea that replacements might get a better idea of who's scum, but (perhaps this is wrong), it's always struck me as a more recent idea.

Willows_weep - Why would anyone want to kill willows_weep? She's so... random. As far as I can tell, mafia kill people because that person suspected a mafia. And Willows_weep voted for PeaceBringer.

Just now, I remember that I said that it might be prudent to wait, but he might be our best bet...?

The problem is of course, that WW might not be sane (There's probably a dualism between the games.) And for that, we need to ask WW to reveal the results (though not necessarily the people she targeted, just the results), e.g. of the investigation she made just before she got mauled.

2. The lynches. I'm not good with those, and this was the end of day vote count:
Fuldu- 8 (lulu muumuu, the silent speaker, Wacky, Flying Dutchman, NanookTheWolf, Mgm, Save The Dragons, Fishbulb)
PeaceBringer- 2 (willows_weep, Fuldu)
Flying Dutchman- 1 (Talitha)

Not voting (4)- ralphmerridew, MMCL, PeaceBringer, Silgado106
I'm guessing arbitrarily that some of the mafia will be on that wagon for possibly dubious reasons, and some will be off, for dubious reasons. That doesn't really help, because there wasn't a good reason in the first place.

So, in conclusion, I have no conclusion - this post is mainly for future reference.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2004 12:56 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

Flying Dutchman wrote:There was another person with just as much votes, care to give a reason?
I have a reason for voting you over Wacky, but it would not be useful to the town. For now, all I will say is that, from my POV, it is slightly more likely that you are scum than that Wacky is.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2004 3:30 am

OK, that helps....
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:30 am

Post by Wacky »

How... interesting.

Oh, and I'd like to hear from lulumuumuu more.
lulu muumuu
lulu muumuu
Goon
lulu muumuu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:56 pm

Post by lulu muumuu »

okay...

from what i saw, you were trying to vote for nanook for reasons that seemed out of place with regards to this game. and then you said that you suspected him in this game as well, but didn't give details.

ralph's comment is intruiging. and it definitely adds to my suspicions of FD.

but what was with that whole "flying pumpking" thing?? did i miss something?
Show
[size=75]:shock:[i]scared poopless

in Kidvitational 1 signups:[/i]
meaning of life 42:[color=darkblue] ok. I'm sorry MeMe if your sry. Can we be friends again?[/color]
MeMe:[color=darkred] I'm [i]totally [/i]sry. Friends 4ever![/color]
[/size]
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:37 am

Post by ralphmerridew »

"The Giant Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of Its Butt":

First mentioned by Antrax as a joke in Veggie Mafia, then appeared in Improbable Role Mafia.

Each night the pumpkin must shoot at, or aim at, another player. If it shoots at, it has a 75% chance of killing the target, and is immune to night kills. If it aims at, nothing happens that night, but if the target was evil, it will die the next night.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:25 am

Not Butt, Ass!!!!!!!!!!!! Stupid ralphie! :P
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:39 am

Post by Fishbulb »

Hmm... I wasn't as suspicious about Wacky as I was the silent speaker for playing favorites. Two people did the exact same thing, but he ignores the first and votes the second. If the second actually deserved the vote then the first should as well. If he was part of the town, he would be treating the identical suspicious behavior equally.
the silent speaker wrote:No, you're right, that post of Wacky's is ringing all kinds of bells. Not just the" wolfy wagon" line, but the paragraph about PB too has a couple of things that look wrong.
His excuse was laziness, but I'm not sure I buy it. It is likely that I would've been more placated if he had just owned up to it and said that he had already found Flying Dutchman suspicious, or similarly, Wacky not suspicious. Instead he tries to distance himself from Wacky by making ambiguous accusations. He just seems like a squirmy scum to me.

Vote: the silent speaker
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:46 pm

Unfortunately, I hadn't found FD unusually suspicious, or Wacky unusually not so. I've had a pretty lousy feel for anyone this game. Lacking any real suspicions of my own, I've been reduced to being pretty much a follower.
Anyway, this is what bugged me about Wacky's post:
That makes two (that is, unless PB is lying), and probably a mafia blocker in there regardless of whether PB is telling the truth.
He seems to be trying to suggest that PB lied about being a blocker, when he's already been confirmed. At the same time, he assumes that one of the blockers is mafia and therefore we should lynch PB for that reason. After that, he hedges his bets yet again by throwing in that PB "doesn't seem very suspicious"!
Then, of course, he invented a nonexistent wolfwagon and "joined". Even the discussion of Nanook which
had
taken place made no mention of lynching him here.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:58 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

My vote is staying for now, I don't know what more I could point out about Wacky being scum, but I think I've said enough for now and will just wait to see how much further this goes.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:08 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

TSS makes a convincing enough arguement for me to cast a vote.
Vote Wacky.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”