Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Caboose »

I kind of forgot about this game for a while. Sorry. :(
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Because I see four votes on farside, one from each pair. Which means that if farside was town, scum could have finished her off. But that has not happened. Which leads me to believe that farside is scum.
That's WIFOM. You could make the argument that the scum could be avoiding to appear that they are trying for a Farside quicklynch.

P.S. - bandwagon voting isn't a scumtell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Caboose wrote:I kind of forgot about this game for a while. Sorry. :(
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Because I see four votes on farside, one from each pair. Which means that if farside was town, scum could have finished her off. But that has not happened. Which leads me to believe that farside is scum.
That's WIFOM. You could make the argument that the scum could be avoiding to appear that they are trying for a Farside quicklynch.

P.S. - bandwagon voting isn't a scumtell
I just figured the scum decided to use the vote analysis against the town at this point. I don't have proff of this but my bet is that Armlx/ Kloud is part of it. Who is there partner is hard to tell because the votes got manipulated by the scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:54 am

Post by armlx »

I agree with the principle farside is stating above. The every group tell is no longer valid.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:31 am

Post by farside22 »

armlx wrote:I agree with the principle farside is stating above. The every group tell is no longer valid.
You scare me. I dont' get you in the least. Just when I figure something about you, you throw me off balance.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Caboose »

I had a vote on Adel earlier. Not sure what happened to it, but I haven't changed my mind, especially considering that last post from SweatpantsNinja.

Vote: TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:09 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

armlx wrote: I agree with the principle farside is stating above. The every group tell is no longer valid.
No, what I'm saying is that scum could quicklynch and win the game if farside was town, and yet they have not done that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:30 am

Post by farside22 »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
armlx wrote: I agree with the principle farside is stating above. The every group tell is no longer valid.
No, what I'm saying is that scum could quicklynch and win the game if farside was town, and yet they have not done that.
Lets look at the partners that are not on my BW since you bring this up.
Since Armlx post and vote. Kloud make a quick comment, but did not vote. Jenethron talks about me then states his internet is down doesn't vote. The only 2 people who have stated more that could have voted by now are Goat and Manu. To do a quick vote at this stage would have to get the 2 partners that are not posting as much to vote right now for the win. So I take Goat and Manu and that leaves Kloud and Jenethron.
There are the scum. Lets see if Kloud votes he's on more often then Jenethron I believe. However they need to cordinate but wait they can't do that and a quick vote for Kloud would look suspicious unless he see's Jenethron is on when he is.
How do I figure this. Well it's what I would do and did when I was scum in the Poly game.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Caboose »

Does anyone besides me think that it's pretty scummy that SweatpantsNinja is even making that arguement in the first place? I personally think that it's WIFOM because scum could use the quicklynch arguement in order to give themselves more credibility while they slowly add votes to Farside.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:40 am

Post by farside22 »

Caboose wrote:Does anyone besides me think that it's pretty scummy that SweatpantsNinja is even making that arguement in the first place? I personally think that it's WIFOM because scum could use the quicklynch arguement in order to give themselves more credibility while they slowly add votes to Farside.
Yes and it can be taken as a que to let his scum buddies know the game is there's but I get protown vibes from Manu his lover.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:48 am

WIFOM? Seriously, caboose, that's what you've got? What you're suggesting is that scum are refusing to
win the game
immediately, to make it easier to win the game later. Now farside's argument is at least feasible, scum may simply have not had a chance to to quickhammer.

The longer those votes stay, though, the less feasible that argument is going to get.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:53 am

Post by farside22 »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:WIFOM? Seriously, caboose, that's what you've got? What you're suggesting is that scum are refusing to
win the game
immediately, to make it easier to win the game later. Now farside's argument is at least feasible, scum may simply have not had a chance to to quickhammer.

The longer those votes stay, though, the less feasible that argument is going to get.
Just looked at Jenthron and Kloud's profile. Kloud has been around posting elsewhere since his last post on this game. Jenthron's computer went down it seems and has not posted since the 23rd. So if Kloud votes does the fact that no one quick hammer look less scummy knowing one player is out of commision? Makes it harder for the scum to do a quick hammer if one of there own are MIA.
Like I said I experience this myself in Poly game where Grimmy went MIA as well so right now the idea of scum hammering looks WIFOM to me based on the two low contributers.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by Caboose »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:WIFOM? Seriously, caboose, that's what you've got? What you're suggesting is that scum are refusing to
win the game

Yes, that is what I've got. It seems like it's valid too:
Just looked at Jenthron and Kloud's profile. Kloud has been around posting elsewhere since his last post on this game. Jenthron's computer went down it seems and has not posted since the 23rd. So if Kloud votes does the fact that no one quick hammer look less scummy knowing one player is out of commision?
Makes it harder for the scum to do a quick hammer if one of there own are MIA.

Like I said I experience this myself in Poly game where Grimmy went MIA as well so right now the idea of scum hammering looks WIFOM to me based on the two low contributers.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:27 pm

*grumble* Bluehost ate my first post.
farside wrote: Just looked at Jenthron and Kloud's profile. Kloud has been around posting elsewhere since his last post on this game. Jenthron's computer went down it seems and has not posted since the 23rd. So if Kloud votes does the fact that no one quick hammer look less scummy knowing one player is out of commision? Makes it harder for the scum to do a quick hammer if one of there own are MIA.
Its not WIFOM. To call it WIFOM is to misuse the term. There is no benefit to scum intentionally refusing to do this. It is possible that scum are unable to quicklynch, although every player not voting for you has posted since armlx put that fourth vote on. But there's no benefit to refusing to.
caboose wrote: Yes, that is what I've got. It seems like it's valid too:
I don't think WIFOM means what you think it means. See above.

Now, say,
this
is WIFOM:
caboose wrote: Tell me with a straight face that I would put my alleged scumbuddy in lynching position 24 hours before deadline.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by farside22 »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:*grumble* Bluehost ate my first post.
farside wrote: Just looked at Jenthron and Kloud's profile. Kloud has been around posting elsewhere since his last post on this game. Jenthron's computer went down it seems and has not posted since the 23rd. So if Kloud votes does the fact that no one quick hammer look less scummy knowing one player is out of commision? Makes it harder for the scum to do a quick hammer if one of there own are MIA.
Its not WIFOM. To call it WIFOM is to misuse the term. There is no benefit to scum intentionally refusing to do this. It is possible that scum are unable to quicklynch, although every player not voting for you has posted since armlx put that fourth vote on. But there's no benefit to refusing to.
caboose wrote: Yes, that is what I've got. It seems like it's valid too:
I don't think WIFOM means what you think it means. See above.

Now, say,
this
is WIFOM:
caboose wrote: Tell me with a straight face that I would put my alleged scumbuddy in lynching position 24 hours before deadline.
You ignored most of my point.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by kloud1516 »

farside22 wrote:
win the game

Just looked at Jenthron and Kloud's profile. Kloud has been around posting elsewhere since his last post on this game. Jenthron's computer went down it seems and has not posted since the 23rd. So if Kloud votes does the fact that no one quick hammer look less scummy knowing one player is out of commision? Makes it harder for the scum to do a quick hammer if one of there own are MIA.

You make it sound as if I have been absent from this thread for a lengthy amount of time, which isn't the case at all. I my last post was TWO DAYS ago, so you claiming that I am just waiting around for others players to return is utterly ridiculous in my opinion. I have made a grand total of eight posts since my last submission in this game, and most of those have just been indications of me rereading. I have already said before that weekdays are hectic for me, and so I do not feel this point holds much water.

I find it interesting that you are so quick to try to build a case based on activity against me, when in fact your own partner was MIA for a span of five days and posted an approximate total of 25 posts in other games before posting today. Which stands out more to everyone; two days and eight posts, or five days and twenty-five posts out of this thread? In the period of Caboose's absence, it appears to me that Farside was attempting to make several cases on several different players based off of pre-game chats. The arguments she used do not seem to have a solid foundation, which makes me feel that she was simply trying to use anything she could find to condemn armlx and I for our pre-game chat. We may have not discussed much, but we this was because (imo) we felt that the most efficient tactic for scum hunting (vote patterns) was brought up.

Now Farside's is arguing that I am scum because of inactivity, a fallacious argument due to the evidence I have pointed out. I feel that this is a ploy by Farside to deflect attention away from her own partner's absence, as her arguments based off of the pre-game discussions was a means of making it appear that she was contributing to scum hunting while she had no one to support/defend the accusations she was leveling.

vote: Farside
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by Caboose »

LOL. kloud just pretty much proved Farside's point.
Now, say, this is WIFOM:
I wrote:Tell me with a straight face that I would put my alleged scumbuddy in lynching position 24 hours before deadline.
Not WIFOM at all. I'm saying that I wouldn't put the lynching vote on my scumbuddy with 24 hours to go before deadline in this kind of set-up, where scum bussing is suicide. If I was scum, that move would be pretty dicey, don't you think?
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:30 pm

You really don't know what it means.
caboose wrote: Not WIFOM at all. I'm saying that I wouldn't put the lynching vote on my scumbuddy with 24 hours to go before deadline in this kind of set-up, where scum bussing is suicide. If I was scum, that move would be pretty dicey, don't you think?
Indeed it would. But you might have done it for the perceived benefit of making it appear that you and armlx were not buddies. Which is why its WIFOM. To extend that, you could be doing something that is bad for your alignment to make it appear that you are not that alignment. (For the record, I agree with you, its far more likely that empking/goat are the other partners, but the point is still WIFOM.)

For scum, there is no benefit to making farside appear scum when they can win the game immediately.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by Caboose »

They can't win the game immediately if one of their scumbuddies is inactive.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by farside22 »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:You really don't know what it means.
caboose wrote: Not WIFOM at all. I'm saying that I wouldn't put the lynching vote on my scumbuddy with 24 hours to go before deadline in this kind of set-up, where scum bussing is suicide. If I was scum, that move would be pretty dicey, don't you think?
Indeed it would. But you might have done it for the perceived benefit of making it appear that you and armlx were not buddies. Which is why its WIFOM. To extend that, you could be doing something that is bad for your alignment to make it appear that you are not that alignment. (For the record, I agree with you, its far more likely that empking/goat are the other partners, but the point is still WIFOM.)

For scum, there is no benefit to making farside appear scum when they can win the game immediately.
IF A SCUM BUDDY IS INACTIVE THEY CAN'T DO A QUICK HAMMER.
Thanks Kloud for proving my point. Manu your TSPN lover what are your thoughts on Kloud's vote after I made a point about scum not being able to quick hammer if one is MIA.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:53 pm

farside wrote: They can't win the game immediately if one of their scumbuddies is inactive.
This is true, if not terribly likely. That means in order for you to be town, one of the scum must be inactive. So let me ask you this: who is the inactive scum?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:55 pm

Post by armlx »

This is true, if not terribly likely. That means in order for you to be town, one of the scum must be inactive. So let me ask you this: who is the inactive scum?
This.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by Mana_Ku »

I would suggest an unvote at this time. Farside has now 5 votes with 6 needed to lynch. At this moment we have one player inactive, Jenethron, and two players who are voting someone else, me and Goat.
We now have one pair that votes Farside. If this pair is one of the scumpairs, then there is a high possibility that when Goat or Jenethron are online that one of them will vote as well. I don't want to take that risk.

Besides, I want to hear Empking's answer first. And I want to look at some other players as well, who caught my attention.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:53 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Vote Count

Farside22 (5) SweatPants, Empking, Jahudo, armlx, Kloud
Empking (1) Mana_Ku
Goatrevolt (0)
Jahudo (0)
Jenethron (0)
armlx (2) Goat, Farside
Caboose (0)
Mana_Ku (0)
kloud1516 (0)
TheSweatPantsNinja (1) Caboose

Not Voting (1) Jenethron

With 10 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:58 am

Post by farside22 »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
farside wrote: They can't win the game immediately if one of their scumbuddies is inactive.
I have stated 2 times that Jenethron is not online and admitted to computer problems. He came on at 4:00am if you look at his post. If he voted then without knowing when his scum buddy would be around then his vote would look suspicious. Seriously you need to read the Poly game I was scum in with Grimmy and how hard it is when someone is AWOL and not paying attention.
Jahudo
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Jahudo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:17 am

Post by Jahudo »

Mana_Ku wrote:I would suggest an unvote at this time. Farside has now 5 votes with 6 needed to lynch. At this moment we have one player inactive, Jenethron, and two players who are voting someone else, me and Goat.
We now have one pair that votes Farside. If this pair is one of the scumpairs, then there is a high possibility that when Goat or Jenethron are online that one of them will vote as well. I don't want to take that risk.
This is a risky situation but it's already crushed at least one scenario: "Farside/Caboose is town AND Pants/Mana is scum" cannot be true. This certainly changes SweatpantsNinja's motives the last page or so, if you thought this scenario was true.

I'd like to see the next Goat post to crush another theory. I'm only a little worried it might be true and end the game. Farside/Caboose and Goat/Emp are my top picks right now.

But I can unvote if someone wants to debate that "Farside/Caboose are town and Goat/Emp are scum" scenario is true.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”