Micro 1010: Divide and Conquer: Round 2 - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Votecount 1.5

Lukewarm (3) - Hopkirk, GuiltyLion, NorwegianboyEE
Bingle (2) - Not_Mafia, Vanderscamp
Hopkirk (2) - Bingle, Dunnstral

Not voting (2) - marcistar, Lukewarm

(expired on 2021-05-24 08:40:00) remain until day end

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by Bingle »

You have no idea how hard it was for me not to take that pagetop.

Reminder, the last page has a bunch of game relevant content that you should read.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 4:38 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 451, Bingle wrote:You have no idea how hard it was for me not to take that pagetop.

Reminder, the last page has a bunch of game relevant content that you should read.
Whos this for..? everyone..?
the word "you" here is kinda lowkey confusing.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Bingle »

I mean...'you' is Cakez, mostly.

The reminder is for everyone, because I don't want the content from the last page buried and forgotten.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 4:50 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 453, Bingle wrote:I mean...'you' is Cakez, mostly.

The reminder is for everyone, because I don't want the content from the last page buried and forgotten.
do people here not read back? thats so sad :neutral:
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 454, marcistar wrote:
In post 453, Bingle wrote:I mean...'you' is Cakez, mostly.

do people here not read back? thats so sad :neutral:
Yeah. This is what the game looks like for everybody else:

Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Bingle »

Holy shit, Dunn. How'd you get the extra three pages?
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 454, marcistar wrote:do people here not read back? thats so sad
A lot of people don't, especially with 1v1s. Particularly with more active games, but choking a thread to bury things that are inconvenient to your narrative is a pretty effective scum strategy.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 456, Bingle wrote:Holy shit, Dunn. How'd you get the extra three pages?
Are you doing 30 posts per page instead of 25?

That would still line up with 450 being a page top/previous page and would explain the missing 3
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 455, Dunnstral wrote:Yeah. This is what the game looks like for everybody else:

smhsmh does everyone use mafiascum darkmode :-( i like the lightmode alot more
In post 457, Bingle wrote:A lot of people don't, especially with 1v1s. Particularly with more active games, but choking a thread to bury things that are inconvenient to your narrative is a pretty effective scum strategy.
thats stinky, they could be missing valuable stuff :cry:
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 424, Lukewarm wrote:Then Bingle came in with 402 and when he showed the post that you were refering to as my post with reads / reasoning, and I realized that your case was in bad faith.

Like, in that game, I had 4 posts by the end of the 3rd day. In this game I had 41 by the end of the 3rd day. So if you are claiming that that game I was doing more to move the game forward, I no longer think you are making your case in good faith.
Eww.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:11 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 449, Dunnstral wrote:I reread Vanderscamp, not feeling like voting there

I don't want to vote for Marci or Guiltylion either

So for me it's Luke or hopkirk in the 6

VOTE: Hopkirk
Literally just the same thoughts currently shared by everyone you came up with.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:13 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

is an interesting post.
I feel like it’s more likely to come from town tbh. But i haven’t liked their other "cases" recently on me/Hopkirk.
I’ll need to give this some more time. UNVOTE:

- Bunno
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by Bingle »

In post 458, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 456, Bingle wrote:Holy shit, Dunn. How'd you get the extra three pages?
Are you doing 30 posts per page instead of 25?

That would still line up with 450 being a page top/previous page and would explain the missing 3
The joke was that my screen only shows 1 and 19.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 376, Hopkirk wrote:this game feels markedly different at the start here where Luke doesn't seem to have a clear direction or any scumreads (still based on the recent readslist i asked for). there's markedly a lot more fluff, which could be due to friends being around/vibing with, so how does the vibing read to other people? either way, there's a lot more setup stuff, fluff, and generally contentless posts. in the other game everything is moving the game forwards and it feels resonably easy to see that even barely reading the posts. there's what seems to be a marked absence of proactivity here. like in the first 20 posts how many actually feel game advancing compared to spinning in place and struggling to get reads?

thoughts?
I definitely feel you that Lukewarm is more passive this game, that's why I prodded/voted him because I felt he was just coasting on very light reads and not using his vote to generate any information.

However, I do buy that he has an established precedent of not doing well / not liking early D1, I don't think it's really fair to compare play here to play in games in which he replaced. I do see the difference you're calling out but I'm not certain I can really convince myself it's definitely alignment indicative.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:48 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 408, Lukewarm wrote:His progression on my slot does not make sense to me. Like he started to townread me, asked me questions, and then townread me harder, and even came to my defense, until I became mildly suspicious of something he did. And he quickly switched to me being his highest scum read / wanting to vote me out?

It just feels like his "soul townread" on me was not genuine if a small bit of suspicion from me is enough to swing his opinion of me so far.
I don't think this is necessarily scum indicative either, IMO scum are more likely to be focused on projecting a consistent narrative and tend to feel scared to completely turn on a dime, I don't think scum!nEE needed to vote you here and I feel if he really was planning and engineering it he'd have tried to add more dressing as to why he was changing his mind.

I think his "soul townread" was likely weak but not necessarily disingenuous. I've similarly also struggled to get a read on you, and seeing now that he's since unvoted I'm not seeing his play as agenda-driven or notably fake.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think it should have been pretty clear from the get go my "soul townread" was emotionally driven and an extremely weak read based on initial impressions.

- Bunno
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 449, Dunnstral wrote:I reread Vanderscamp, not feeling like voting there
why the hell is everyone townreading Vanderscamp this game?? I really can't remember a single post or comment he's made that has made me feel like he's earnestly game solving. I'm going to re-ISO him again after I respond to the posts we've had but I'm also asking myself this: if town!Vander, why am I the only person who has even looked his direction? Who is scum in either pool who's keeping Vander on the table as a potential mis-elimination today?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri May 14, 2021 7:05 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 331, Vanderscamp wrote:I feel like it's pretty likely that if lukewarm joined this game to encourage Marci to step out of the newbie queue (which I have no reason at all to doubt) then he's probably going to be buddying up with her as any combination of alignments.
Was going to say it didn't feel like a S/S interaction from them before I remembered that isn't possible anyway
I'm mulling over this comment on reread... I feel it's less likely town would forget who is in which pool and which interactions can or can't be S/S. I've had my fair share of poorly thought out comments/takes this game, but certainly the entire game I've been
constantly
paying attention to interactions cross-pool and keeping in mind potential scum candidates of each pool. I'm skeptical town!Vanders wouldn't really be aware that Marci/Luke can't be scum together 300+ posts into the game.

VOTE: Vanderscamp
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 7:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

This game's inactivity is making me annoyed but at the same time i'm not doing much to help the inactivity because i want to observe what the other players are doing to strengthen my own reads. :v
This calls for radical action. Im gonna sheep GL.

WAKE UP.

- Bunno
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 8:57 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 469, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 331, Vanderscamp wrote:I feel like it's pretty likely that if lukewarm joined this game to encourage Marci to step out of the newbie queue (which I have no reason at all to doubt) then he's probably going to be buddying up with her as any combination of alignments.
Was going to say it didn't feel like a S/S interaction from them before I remembered that isn't possible anyway
I'm mulling over this comment on reread... I feel it's less likely town would forget who is in which pool and which interactions can or can't be S/S. I've had my fair share of poorly thought out comments/takes this game, but certainly the entire game I've been
constantly
paying attention to interactions cross-pool and keeping in mind potential scum candidates of each pool. I'm skeptical town!Vanders wouldn't really be aware that Marci/Luke can't be scum together 300+ posts into the game.

is this the only point you have on him?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 9:15 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 471, marcistar wrote:
In post 469, GuiltyLion wrote:
constantly

is this the only point you have on him?
No.

I already called out that combined with looks like fake reasoning to me - he's giving reasons to scumread both N_M and Lukewarm but not paying any attention as to whether those scumreads made sense together.

I didn't feel like his vote on you had any conviction or intent to solve.

The strongest/most meaningful content he's posted has been about Bingle, his questionable reasoning about both the Dunn & Norway slots, but it's rather easy for me to imagine that content being either a) scum!Vanders jumping on a townie making illogical/reachy assertions without justifying why those assertions indicate
scum
alignment or b) scum!Vanders distancing/bussing a buddy!Bingle. He's also just holistically been pretty inactive this game, he hasn't bothered to fight harder against the thread consensus to eliminate in the 6p despite his strongest SR being Bingle, and he hasn't taken a lead or a stake in substantially building nor defusing any wagons.

Given that it's D1 and he's played pretty careful, I don't have any surefire scumtells to nail him on, but the overall profile of his posting and votes this game vibes very much to me like scum treading water and trying to let town eat itself up in the meantime.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 10:06 am

Post by Bingle »

I'm pretty sure it's just Hopkirk/Norwee at this point, tbh, and I don't see my vote moving.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas

marcistar
Goodfellas

Goodfellas

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sat May 15, 2021 11:04 am

Post by marcistar »

() :? i have no idea how to read him, he's one of the people i'm unsure on rn so i'm willing to vote along with u VOTE: vanderscamp i like these points you made though, i didn't really think of it like that. that's whats making me comfortable to vote here :-)
In post 473, Bingle wrote:I'm pretty sure it's just Hopkirk/Norwee at this point, tbh, and I don't see my vote moving.
i don't really see it, i probably missed it but where is your last read on norwegianboyee? :neutral: i see you mentioning you see hopkirk with both, but i don't really see you do much to that..? like you responded to norwegianboyee, but it doesn't seem like you had a mind change in those posts..

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”