Micro 1011 | mafiascum rpg | gg

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
srckz
srckz
Goon
srckz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 4:58 pm

Post by srckz »

In post 449, unwnd wrote:
In post 446, Isis wrote:Emily I have played with every person in this playerlist at least one time, except for you, depending if you're an alt. I suspect other players in the game have many pairwise records like that too. I've possibly played over ten games with Dunnstral, probably.
I assumed you were probably Hectic or Pooky or some other enfranchised player, maybe a Kanna who had just gotten a lot more free time, or Karin, Pooky, or beeboy.

It does feel like an intimate gathering of friends. Seeing the way other people approach a deep social game like mafia makes me feel connected to them, even the ones I don't know in any capacity outside of mafia. Sometimes especially those ones? They all feel incredibly familiar to me. Even if I have less total bits of information about them, all the interactions being reduced to text, the reliability and purity of everyone's signature is preserved in a sort of special way. No one ever has smeared makeup that ruins the way I envision them. No one's voice ever cracks to ruin a savvy quip in line with some facet of their personality.

The economist in me always feels like this site needs to grow and stuff, but the community's incredible retention rate makes it a greenhouse of vibrant friendships and relationships, shared memories and expected personality interactions. It's a place where in its own way I understand lots of people and yet am understood.

I feel really sappy today. My doctor said my dosage might have some emotional effects.

I suspect this game will be special to me no matter who wins it. I didn't read a single player's name besides Dunnstral who invited me, and yet it's nothing but familiar faces.

I feel the weird need to express something that I can't quite put into words. But I saw a friend I hadn't seen in two years and Saturday and he asked what I'd been up to. I lie when someone isn't really interested. He actually was though. I told him about the crazy forum mafia thing. One particular site for it.
So much of me is here.

But like

I'm terrible meandering
We need to like
Get you into this game. And out of some kind of low information stage kind of relationship with it.

I guess I'll ask you about the resonance you had with Ydrasse, or she claims with you, about wanting to not be leashed but to be helpful.
Im trying to decide if I should clear you, or her, or both of you off of it. Because I think there is some world where mafia could imagine it as a hypothetical, but it is slightly hard to fake. For one thing mafia would be in the headspace where if they're leashed they will probably do the thing infy suggested where they shoot someone and nope on out the game?

Not gonna edit this or read pedits
I agree with you and thought this was beautiful to read

I wouldn't even mind if Koba wanted to try and be more personable, I think that would tear down some walls between us

My initial response to be all 'rah' with them is that they're very competitive and don't see aspects as you've described

Warm fuzzy feelings damn
Chromium
Chromium
Goon
Chromium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Chromium »

In post 445, Chromium wrote:I have an idea for a system to make it democratic who goes-

This lets us have something readable to reference back to when we have flips and also lets us give all of town the most power overall over the poe rather than just the loud people.

heal tags = +1 point for a person
hurt tags = -1 point.

3 people with the lowest score go to dungeon tonight.
the person with the 4th least sharpens guillotine.
bumping this to this page so it doesnt get lost -koba
Hydra of Alisae(e/em/eir) and DkKoba(they/them)
srckz
srckz
Goon
srckz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:01 pm

Post by srckz »

The greatest dungeon we can prepare for is the dungeon of uncertainty

But with a sharpened blade of wisdom, an armor sheered with self-confidence, and close companions side by side

We can conquer anything!

[This is the part of the JRPG where friendship is the moral of the story and we defeat God himself]
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:03 pm

Post by Isis »

HURT: infinity
HEAL: chromium
HEAL: Ydrasse
HURT: Anya
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Chromium
Chromium
Goon
Chromium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Chromium »

also re: the mushy stuff - i think its all nice and all but im easily pocketed by strong emotional stuff so i'd rather like not dive into it in a game where I'd be susceptible to that
Hydra of Alisae(e/em/eir) and DkKoba(they/them)
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

Ydrasse was, all things considered, not a great team player for someone whose magical callings came to writing.

She was an odd sight, in a tavern packed with ragtag adventurers: books floating around her gently as if they were a shield, her eyes darting over their words rather than the others around her who viewed the display curiously; a short stature made apparent from how her feet barely managed to touch the ground from the bench she sat at; magician's clothing worn at the hems from where it perpetually dragged, a consequence of aforementioned height. A 'white collar' worker in the world of dungeoneers, without the calloused skin of battle marking her experience.

But it didn't phase her, the same way her solitude failed to. The books were a great crew of companions, and with each page turn she felt a little something within her. Her magic, tugging gently at her heartstrings with the pained dialogue of a character. She felt their pain as if it were real -- and for Ydrasse, it was.

Bibliomancy was a fickle thing. There were the minor prophecies, the foresight she trusted beyond anything else when she read an old scholar's tales. A magic meant to delve deep within the past to find forgotten paths, guiding her towards... something. Something that she hadn't quite figured out yet. It wasn't a mistake that she lacked the callouses. This would be her first adventure, far away from home where she spent years honing her powers into something passable as magic worth using.

But it was the other side of the coin that brought her here: the empathy. Sorrow and joy alike pulled from each word. Their writers were her mentors, each letter meant only for her from one thousand years ago. They didn't know her then, but perhaps now they did. The nuances of magic were funny; Ydrasse wondered if each time she laughed aloud, sensing the humors of a mage trapped within words, they could feel it echoing back to them. Or if their loneliness, written into their journals, lifted when she read and wept for them.

It was the latter that brought her here. Surrounded by strangers whose hearts she hoped were true and kind, wanting to help the poor village that called for adventurers to rid it of evil. Bandits and monsters, from the rumors, working in tandem with one another to bring chaos. It frightened Ydrasse, this senselessness, and frightened her more that she couldn't yet read one's face to be a bandit or ally. Even the ones that looked so innocent -- young, smiling girls too innocent to fight, bakers laden with cakes and rolling pins as weapons, the mages whose robes matched her own, and even a
dragon whose fire was contained only to parlor tricks
-- could be her enemy.

With a heavy sigh, she steadied herself. The books hovering around her personal world lowered gracefully onto the table that she commanded. It was rude, but this was the only way she felt safe until that moment. There was no more time to consider what needed to be done -- only to do it, wordplay little use compared to danger. If she was going to do good for this town, she needed to find help. Her own team, able to make up for the places she lacked.

The first step made her feel awfully small, but the weight lifted. The table she approached seemed a good start, all those innocent faces exactly her types. When she reached the edge of it, Ydrasse paused, before finally speaking: "I... I want to do something, to help all of you."

HEAL: Chrominium
HEAL: Emily
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Ripples roll and collide on the opaque surface of a cavernous tidepool. Curious, I lean over, comfortably out of splash range, and watch. It must be having the time of its life a few feet below the surface, sending up bulbs of glassy-smooth water that collapse into wavelets. They're about 3.5 inc--

One large water-bulb bursts directly at my nostril, colliding with my exhale and seeping into my tastebuds.

My book doesn't tell me how to identify sea creatures by ripples and water-bulbs, only by size, shape and color. Yet somehow, by the playful darting implied by the surface of the water, I can't imagine it eats anything larger than a shrimp.

--------------------------------------

That's about isis, it didn't work as well as I thought it would to convey my read but there it is. (I'm trying to say that I can't read the content of isis's posts but the structure of them feel towny).
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

HEAL: chromium
HEAL: ydrasse
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 5:49 pm

Post by Emily »

@Isis

Thank you for that, I have high hopes that we will become good friends - you do write beautifully and with a grace and purity that I hope comes from the good alignment.

While I do think you would be as kind and welcoming if you were mafia I want to believe my heart that you are good and I feel I can trust you.

I don't think you should clear me off that per se - I would be similarly annoyed at being leashed if I were scum here too - the term just feels so.. gross and slimy...

I'd like to think of us as brave adventurers on a quest and if the town should decide to appoint the Dragon our party leader, I would be happy to carry out any quests assigned to me.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:08 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

HEAL: Isis
HEAL: Chromium
HEAL: Ydrasse
HURT: Anya
HURT: srckz
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:10 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Thoughts on srckz?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:15 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

They came out of the gate soft-pushing me and that has continued through the rest of their posting

Getting mad when Chromium listed out a mechanical plan and then making a big deal out of it was scummy

It feels like they're positioning themselves to be read favorable rather than figure out what we should be doing with the setup at this point

Speaking of, I'm fine with the dungeon plan
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:19 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I didn't interpret as a response to the mechanics but idk

Do you have experience with unwnd? I feel like some people just aren't really mechanically minded

I kind of agree with the trying to be read favorably part
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:31 pm

Post by Emily »

Perhaps the Dragon and the Knight are natural enemies who have clashed many times before?
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by Emily »

In post 455, Ydrasse wrote:Ydrasse was, all things considered, not a great team player for someone whose magical callings came to writing.

She was an odd sight, in a tavern packed with ragtag adventurers: books floating around her gently as if they were a shield, her eyes darting over their words rather than the others around her who viewed the display curiously; a short stature made apparent from how her feet barely managed to touch the ground from the bench she sat at; magician's clothing worn at the hems from where it perpetually dragged, a consequence of aforementioned height. A 'white collar' worker in the world of dungeoneers, without the calloused skin of battle marking her experience.

But it didn't phase her, the same way her solitude failed to. The books were a great crew of companions, and with each page turn she felt a little something within her. Her magic, tugging gently at her heartstrings with the pained dialogue of a character. She felt their pain as if it were real -- and for Ydrasse, it was.

Bibliomancy was a fickle thing. There were the minor prophecies, the foresight she trusted beyond anything else when she read an old scholar's tales. A magic meant to delve deep within the past to find forgotten paths, guiding her towards... something. Something that she hadn't quite figured out yet. It wasn't a mistake that she lacked the callouses. This would be her first adventure, far away from home where she spent years honing her powers into something passable as magic worth using.

But it was the other side of the coin that brought her here: the empathy. Sorrow and joy alike pulled from each word. Their writers were her mentors, each letter meant only for her from one thousand years ago. They didn't know her then, but perhaps now they did. The nuances of magic were funny; Ydrasse wondered if each time she laughed aloud, sensing the humors of a mage trapped within words, they could feel it echoing back to them. Or if their loneliness, written into their journals, lifted when she read and wept for them.

It was the latter that brought her here. Surrounded by strangers whose hearts she hoped were true and kind, wanting to help the poor village that called for adventurers to rid it of evil. Bandits and monsters, from the rumors, working in tandem with one another to bring chaos. It frightened Ydrasse, this senselessness, and frightened her more that she couldn't yet read one's face to be a bandit or ally. Even the ones that looked so innocent -- young, smiling girls too innocent to fight, bakers laden with cakes and rolling pins as weapons, the mages whose robes matched her own, and even a
dragon whose fire was contained only to parlor tricks
-- could be her enemy.

With a heavy sigh, she steadied herself. The books hovering around her personal world lowered gracefully onto the table that she commanded. It was rude, but this was the only way she felt safe until that moment. There was no more time to consider what needed to be done -- only to do it, wordplay little use compared to danger. If she was going to do good for this town, she needed to find help. Her own team, able to make up for the places she lacked.

The first step made her feel awfully small, but the weight lifted. The table she approached seemed a good start, all those innocent faces exactly her types. When she reached the edge of it, Ydrasse paused, before finally speaking: "I... I want to do something, to help all of you."

HEAL: Chrominium
HEAL: Emily
Ydrasse, you are a treasure.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:35 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Emily wrote:Perhaps the Dragon and the Knight are natural enemies who have clashed many times before?
Yeah, it seems like it. I still think it was a shitty thing for unwnd to say but NAI
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:40 pm

Post by Emily »

Do you believe he is more likely to do this when he's aligned with the mafia or town?
srckz
srckz
Goon
srckz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by srckz »

Baker's log #1

Today was the first day. The start of everything. A group of strangers, each taken in by the law. Each of us shackled. We were guilty in the eyes of the monarchy, sentenced to death no less. None to our surprise, we stood in front of King Oka. To him, we were an unpleasant sight. Uncouth, not even worth his time. We were to be punished by the full extent of the law. Nay, a proposal. Uttered by his kingly lips. He decreed: If we were to bring back the One-Shottus Cop, we would be absolved of our crimes. The task at hand felt no lesser than damnation itself. Were we to die as innocent criminals? Or fools in the darkest of dungeons. His knights had no parting words, and instead left us to our own devices. The thought what had been done to us only lingered for a period of time. No matter, our destiny was to unfold. A mix of emotions and a sense of uneasiness. Some stared at another. Some still rubbing their wrists. To be treated by the knights much like the soil beneath our feet. Despite it all, we faced towards the sun. Our hearts seemed filled with adventure, ready to take on even the most boundless sky. A sense of optimism in our trying time.

A captured memory, that my pen could only describe:

The effervescent mage, lost in her own books.
The scaly lizard, with a fire sizzled at the touch.
The profound gypsy, with her own musings to be told around the campfire.
The young girl trying to prove to her parents that she too, could be a knight.
The daring thief, whose snark sounded like the crack of a whip.
The bat, hiding from the sunlight.
The illusive conjurer, who murmured to himself many an incantation of numbers.
The bard, singing her songs of solemn and prose.
And I, of no name. No background. Amongst them all.

Each of us provided our skill and adaptability to the situation. We could tell in that moment, that perhaps the dungeon naught be the greatest task. It was coming to understand everyone else...
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Emily wrote:Do you believe he is more likely to do this when he's aligned with the mafia or town?
NAI = not alignment indicative, meaning I don't think he's more likely to do it as one alignment or the other
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

srckz
srckz
Goon
srckz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by srckz »

In post 461, Dunnstral wrote:They came out of the gate soft-pushing me and that has continued through the rest of their posting

Getting mad when Chromium listed out a mechanical plan and then making a big deal out of it was scummy

It feels like they're positioning themselves to be read favorable rather than figure out what we should be doing with the setup at this point

Speaking of, I'm fine with the dungeon plan
This is just grab-bag of opinions that don't properly depict what has happened so far lol
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 462, Infinity 324 wrote: Do you have experience with unwnd? I feel like some people just aren't really mechanically minded

I kind of agree with the trying to be read favorably part
You were in the last game, why ask me this. Also it's been talked about a bit already either here or last game or both
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

The answer to that is yes, as in I've played in games with unwnd
srckz
srckz
Goon
srckz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:46 pm

Post by srckz »

Spoiler:
I'm not good at describing the picture, so my writing may seem a bit muddled. I struggle with the actual visuals in my writing. I feel my skillset is more of what the characters are thinking inside of their mind
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

@dunn Ok I'm just sort of confused and would like you to elaborate about how much you'd expect town!unwnd to focus on mechanics
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue May 18, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Emily »

I think you would make a great screenwriter and I am excited for this game.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”