Micro 1011 | mafiascum rpg | gg

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 8:37 am

Post by OkaPoka »

Official Vote Count 1.08 (Unchanged)
Execute
With 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to end day early.

End Day 0 -

Not Voting -9 -
Dunnstral, Isis, Anya, Emily, Morning Tweet, Ydrasse, Infinity 324, Chromium, srckz

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-05-22 02:53:06)

Mod notes:

I am hand counting everything, so please tell me if I make an error! Also note the short deadline!!!!![/area]
Last edited by OkaPoka on Wed May 19, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
srckz
srckz
Goon
srckz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 8:38 am

Post by srckz »

In post 504, Dunnstral wrote:Starting from the beginning: I was moderately excited for this game, personally I feel the setup is a little rough around the edges but I like the theme and the unique mechanic. I spent some time thinking about optimal play and what I argued for was what I had come up with while people were confirming.

I did not excessively discuss mechanics, only really talking about them again in in response to a suggestion for self-destructive town behavior. Most of my content around this point is me asking questions, though that wasn't intentional:

- is trying to get a response from you as to why talking about reads is too early since I don't agree with that
- is me wondering if Infinity misunderstands the setup or if they assume would ditch the dungeon (I think this was answered before I asked)
- was a remark about how you said we were usually opposite alignments but you mistook it as me asking you for your read on me
- is a mechanical question since I assumed it would be 3 people for the dungeon either way, I'm not convinced that investigating player levels is a good plan over simply having people in the dungeon normally
- is me being snappy
- is me getting more out of morning tweet because the stance they held in the previous post did not feel towny
Breaking this down in chunks:
- is trying to get a response from you as to why talking about reads is too early since I don't agree with that
I've been going back and forth with cakez about the dreaded D1 reads. I don't like giving them out unless it becomes like a bookmark, something I can look back on or others can. There are leanings and gut feelings I had, but I like to leave scum guessing. Scum's job is basically to interact with the town not the other way around, so being more vague puts them in a situation where they have to approach me with a risk as they don't know what I'm (mostly) thinking.
- is me wondering if Infinity misunderstands the setup or if they assume would ditch the dungeon (I think this was answered before I asked)
Do you think Infinity's misunderstanding was intentional? Or if said misunderstanding was townie, because scum would be more cognizant of how the setup works?
- was a remark about how you said we were usually opposite alignments but you mistook it as me asking you for your read on me
I probably did. I still feel very dubious about you but hopefully this will help lol
-333 is a mechanical question since I assumed it would be 3 people for the dungeon either way, I'm not convinced that investigating player levels is a good plan over simply having people in the dungeon normally
I don't think it's a great plan either. I have been thinking myself on how to use the setup to our advantage, but usually my thoughts conclude with a more simple approach. Getting PRs is good for town and will make the game easier. I'll have more to talk about the next day as I want to assume the person who gets the tracker will claim it?
-338 is me being snappy
Yes I'm aware you were snappy as was I.
-364 is me getting more out of morning tweet because the stance they held in the previous post did not feel towny
So you agree with consensus then?
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 8:39 am

Post by Emily »

I can see why you would choose to try to "prove" yourself as town in a way by volunteering to do the thankless and unfun task of preparing a guillotine and I want to townread you for it in a way because it feels like it comes from a place that is not LAMIST but rather a townie doing what she can to aid us in our quest.

You do however feel somewhat detached and I'd love to have you join us.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 9:03 am

Post by Isis »

I hate tracker shots and want to do 8 trainings tonight can we please do that.
Tracker shots feel like they always miss
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Chromium
Chromium
Goon
Chromium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 9:56 am

Post by Chromium »

In post 703, Isis wrote:I hate tracker shots and want to do 8 trainings tonight can we please do that.
Tracker shots feel like they always miss
Stop suggesting anti town mechs please
Hydra of Alisae(e/em/eir) and DkKoba(they/them)
Chromium
Chromium
Goon
Chromium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 9:57 am

Post by Chromium »

Its about the pseudo roleblock not the tracker ability
Hydra of Alisae(e/em/eir) and DkKoba(they/them)
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 10:24 am

Post by Isis »

Buuuuuuuu
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Isis »

I have actually spent a lot of headtime trying to break this setup and haven't really come up with anything

Anything spicy I mean

I guess what Koba has been suggesting is pretty much correct really
"Well, I..."
srckz
srckz
Goon
srckz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 11:14 am

Post by srckz »

In post 668, Morning Tweet wrote:does it feel like scum Tweet though? Feel like I've played scum with you maybe more times than town to be honest
shush i remember your town game

-cake
srckz
srckz
Goon
srckz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 11:18 am

Post by srckz »

In post 671, Emily wrote:
In post 667, srckz wrote:
In post 663, Emily wrote:Cake do you and unwnd discuss things about this game?

Because it feels like you are catching up from nothing...
i am talking to unwnd on discord. im just not dumping everything we've discussed in thread.
for example - we agree that Dunn looks weird and that Chromium feels town.

-cake
I don't expect you/unwnd to dump everything you've discussed in discord into this thread.

However your catchup feels like its coming from a blank slate rather than from someone who's been actively discussing the game with his partner in a discord.

And I have lots of concern about that.
okay there's not much I can say to this
In post 675, srckz wrote:Cakez is a simple man. His thoughts usually don't go beyond one sentence responses in comparison to mine. It's been a lot of nodding and agreeing, sometimes with me dumping info. My intent initially was to try and be more like Cakez (because I don't see his style as something inferior), but I ended up just being me

What an affliction to put on us
ya like
unwnd clearly thinks A LOT about mafia
I don't think that much; I rely mostly on how I feel about things and what pings me
and that's fine
In post 701, srckz wrote:I've been going back and forth with cakez about the dreaded D1 reads.
I feel fine just calling people town and scum early lol unwnd is v different

-cake
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 12:19 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 708, srckz wrote:
In post 668, Morning Tweet wrote:does it feel like scum Tweet though? Feel like I've played scum with you maybe more times than town to be honest
shush i remember your town game

-cake
okaaayyyyy
zip mouth
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 12:28 pm

Post by Emily »

In post 709, srckz wrote:ya like
unwnd clearly thinks A LOT about mafia
I don't think that much; I rely mostly on how I feel about things and what pings me
and that's fine
I agree.

From what I've read of unwnd's play so far, it's quite deep and cerebral.

While we get the final draft, I'd imagine you get the raw data which should be multiples of what he's put into the thread.

That's why I'm confused why you've decided to re-engage with the thread by catching up as if you have a blank slate and not all of unwnd's thoughts that you've been discussing with him throughout the time he's been engaged.

One explanation is that you haven't actually been discussing reads with him because you are mafia - hence my concern with your catch-up and re-engagement.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 700, OkaPoka wrote:
Official Vote Count 1.08 (Unchanged)
Execute
With 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to end day early.

End Day 0 -

Not Voting -9 -
Dunnstral, Isis, Anya, Emily, Morning Tweet, Ydrasse, Infinity 324, Chromium, srckz

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-05-22 02:53:06)

Mod notes:

I am hand counting everything, so please tell me if I make an error! Also note the short deadline!!!!![/area]
This is an Emily/Cakez antispew if there is daytalk imo
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 12:38 pm

Post by Isis »

Idk how I quoted that post. Was just a response to the post above me
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 12:39 pm

Post by Isis »

Emily x Cakez is a cursed shipping that will never happen.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 12:55 pm

Post by Isis »

The bat wriggled around in her roost, stirring slowly to the bit of light peeking through the window. Dispirited and defeated she had decided to use her jet black wedding dress as mere pyjamas. The use of her veil as eye cover was her favorite, but much to her dismay it slipped off, allowing sunlight to further disturb her.
"Prepare." "Plan." "Strategy" Several figures in the building kept discussing things that seemed wholly unnecessary. Thinking about something else until night came again was the closest thing to necessary.
"Ok, plan, if some can find my veil so I can blindfold myself and let me scratch the guillotine until the moon comes back, that would be great. "
Everyone complained but it only made her more frustrated
Then everyone expected her to have opinions about who besides her would be best for sharpening the guillotine. The audacity. She was barely listening." "Ok. I won't sharpen the guillotine. Whatever. What is there to discuss really. The was no hunt last night to give this any direction."

No one really liked this either. It didn't really matter. She knew it was generally after a couple good days of sleep. That was when she would pop off.
"Well, I..."
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 3:38 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 661, srckz wrote:
In post 504, Dunnstral wrote:Starting from the beginning: I was moderately excited for this game, personally I feel the setup is a little rough around the edges but I like the theme and the unique mechanic. I spent some time thinking about optimal play and what I argued for was what I had come up with while people were confirming.

I did not excessively discuss mechanics, only really talking about them again in in response to a suggestion for self-destructive town behavior. Most of my content around this point is me asking questions, though that wasn't intentional:

- is a mechanical question since I assumed it would be 3 people for the dungeon either way, I'm not convinced that investigating player levels is a good plan over simply having people in the dungeon normally
- is me being snappy
- is me getting more out of morning tweet because the stance they held in the previous post did not feel towny
what is the point of this post?
That is my response to you in
Also, this is a pretty bad reaction
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 701, srckz wrote:
I've been going back and forth with cakez about the dreaded D1 reads. I don't like giving them out unless it becomes like a bookmark, something I can look back on or others can. There are leanings and gut feelings I had, but I like to leave scum guessing. Scum's job is basically to interact with the town not the other way around, so being more vague puts them in a situation where they have to approach me with a risk as they don't know what I'm (mostly) thinking.
I was more explaining my own actions rather than hoping for an explanation from you here, since this is something I've already asked in the past
-333 is a mechanical question since I assumed it would be 3 people for the dungeon either way, I'm not convinced that investigating player levels is a good plan over simply having people in the dungeon normally
I don't think it's a great plan either. I have been thinking myself on how to use the setup to our advantage, but usually my thoughts conclude with a more simple approach. Getting PRs is good for town and will make the game easier. I'll have more to talk about the next day as I want to assume the person who gets the tracker will claim it?
Well this is why I originally proposed skipping tracker and going for the rest of the stuff instead, I was focusing on power roles and levels

If the person who gets the tracker is town and claims it, there's a good chance that they just die; I don't see why they'd claim before using it
-364 is me getting more out of morning tweet because the stance they held in the previous post did not feel towny
So you agree with consensus then?
To be clear, I came up with my reads on my own
If the consensus is the same thing that I'm thinking, then yes, but I'm rethinking infinity after last night, not sure why they're going back and forth on me
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 3:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Do you think Infinity's misunderstanding was intentional? Or if said misunderstanding was townie, because scum would be more cognizant of how the setup works?
Based on early posts I wouldn't know and I left this behind
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 4:45 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I still feel like we're talking past each other because we end up having different expectations.

I interpreted 499 and posts before that as you getting both being upset that we 'always go after each other' and that you needed more to go off of rather than just mechanics

My next post in 504 is me pointing to things I've done that aren't strictly mechanical (even if it's me questioning someone else about mechanics, it has other motivations). And I explained the motivations. 504 is mainly for you, as I don't otherwise go over everything I'm doing/thinking in a game.

My problem is that you came back and responded to it like it was an ongoing list of questions I had, which wasn't my intent, and the last line feels like a setup to me. Also, I do think the way cakez responded to this was scummy for two reasons: It shows they have no idea what is going on there, and it looks like he's trying to 1-up me
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Anya »

VOTE: End Day

i dunno what she is but i agree with morningtweet that day 0 is where the wolves lay the dynamite

let's sort out plans and get the right to vote back
Anya
Anya
Mafia Scum
Anya
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Anya »

unhealing all

healing Dunnstral, Ydrasse, Emily
srckz
srckz
Goon
srckz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 5:16 pm

Post by srckz »

Cakez is Cakez, the hydra dissonance is something to be worked on. I don't want this to turn into a situation that has happened before in my last hydra: People are reading us seperately. If you scumread cakez then you scumread me, and I'm not going to try and correct his behavior. There's no need to, especially given as the other head I can tell you it's misguided.
If the person who gets the tracker is town and claims it, there's a good chance that they just die; I don't see why they'd claim before us
This..agitates me a bit. I understand what you're saying though. I believe dungeoneers get to see who goes to the dungeon though? I've been thinking on how we could use that to check people but I'm not really seeing anything beneficial. Nothing besides the rewards at least. The other concept (unrelated to your response) is the guillotine. Using the guillotine as a timeout seems fine on paper, but I think it has repercussions. I haven't been keen on doing the whole hurt/heal deal because of that.

First off: If the Guillotine responsibility holder dies overnight, what happens? Does it just make this another day with no execution? I think scum is perfectly fine with removing the most important aspect to town which is deciding eliminations. I understand trying to gate people from going to the dungeon, but scum doesn't care too much. Your point about 'if tracker claims then he dies' is very potent to me in that sense. I think people are thinking too hard about leveling for the scum side and I'm sure there's an argument for 'yeah well if the guillotine holder is scum then he gets no levels' and from where I'm sitting almost every single incentive is for town.
Scum can't even multi-task
. One of them at best submits the kill and the other gets what. A single level. Why not just let people compulsory decide if they're going to the dungeon? Or set up a plan that we could somehow reach the cop incentive before scum kill us off. You're the one with numbers.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 5:17 pm

Post by Isis »

Anya, do you usually dislike heavy mechanical setups like this one, is that why your WIM is low? Have you played one like this before?
"Well, I..."
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1, OkaPoka wrote:The factional nightkill will take place last after everything is calculated. Obviously tracker/watcher will catch them, but they happen after level up/fighting dungeon/getting a drop etc.
Presumably this includes prepping the guillotine

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”