Micro 1011 | mafiascum rpg | gg

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:37 pm

Post by Isis »

I unagree.

I want two in dungeon now
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Chromium
Chromium
Goon
Chromium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Chromium »

anyways im going back to my video game, i'd rather people discuss eachothers alignment rather than try to push suboptimal mech play that just helps scum.

only assigning 2 to dungeon to die is strictly worse unless we exactly catch both scum in PoE

if 2 townies die we literally have 0 info vs with the plan that was initially proposed there is a guaaranteed guilty out of that situation of moving straight into mylo
Hydra of Alisae(e/em/eir) and DkKoba(they/them)
Chromium
Chromium
Goon
Chromium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Chromium »

HURT: Isis
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by Emily »

This is the saddest plan ever and extremely depressing but I trust Isis in my heart
Chromium
Chromium
Goon
Chromium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by Chromium »

trying to reduce the PoE number is not good and you should stop.

considering you thought its a good idea to shoot someone without letting them claim in a setup where a wrong shot could have resulted in an instant loss for your alignment i shouldn't be surprised here but mathematically roleblocking 4 people and only going to MYLO via having a caught scum, vs only 3 people and potentially guaranteed mylo, is bad.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 796, Emily wrote:
In post 752, Isis wrote:I thought of the send 2 people to dungeon thing before but the other scum could surprise help with the dungeon so I was like oh that doesn't work.
But I guess you would learn that one of the original two people who were assigned dungeon duty are scum so it would be worth it.

2 in dungeon one on guillotine seems optimal to me now.

I think it likely keeps is from getting to cop ever because the most likely outcome is that three townies die night one but I think the large number of incremental advantages would be way better than a single cop shot.
If the two people sent to dungeon are both town we open tomorrow with 3 dead town though.
It's high risk high reward. We could also immediately win the game.

Big picture, we are going to decide as a group to kill X people over the course of the game and in between those the mafia will get to kill Y people. We get more control who the last couple people alive are when X is big and Y is small. If we take turns where we kill 2 people night one when the mafia kills one person night one we improve that ratio a lot more than by letting mafia get the first kill tonight while we get zero.

Taken to the extreme if we were too afraid of killing townies we would all just train and quest every night and never ready the guillotine while the mafia nightkills all the townies of the whole game and wins
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Chromium
Chromium
Goon
Chromium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by Chromium »

In post 805, Isis wrote:
In post 796, Emily wrote:
In post 752, Isis wrote:I thought of the send 2 people to dungeon thing before but the other scum could surprise help with the dungeon so I was like oh that doesn't work.
But I guess you would learn that one of the original two people who were assigned dungeon duty are scum so it would be worth it.

2 in dungeon one on guillotine seems optimal to me now.

I think it likely keeps is from getting to cop ever because the most likely outcome is that three townies die night one but I think the large number of incremental advantages would be way better than a single cop shot.
If the two people sent to dungeon are both town we open tomorrow with 3 dead town though.
It's high risk high reward. We could also immediately win the game.

Big picture, we are going to decide as a group to kill X people over the course of the game and in between those the mafia will get to kill Y people. We get more control who the last couple people alive are when X is big and Y is small. If we take turns where we kill 2 people night one when the mafia kills one person night one we improve that ratio a lot more than by letting mafia get the first kill tonight while we get zero.

Taken to the extreme if we were too afraid of killing townies we would all just train and quest every night and never ready the guillotine while the mafia nightkills all the townies of the whole game and wins
no thanks.
Chromium
Chromium
Goon
Chromium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by Chromium »

we choose to ROLEBLOCK 4 people - we can gain a mislim here and stay at 9 and then discuss further because obviously scum can no kill WIFOM.
Chromium
Chromium
Goon
Chromium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:46 pm

Post by Chromium »

and then we also have the info of a tracker etc.

we would need more in depth discussion if we do end up having a no kill occur, but basically it works out better this way.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:47 pm

Post by Isis »

Why is it "strictly worse" if we send one townie and one scum to the dungeon? We will kill a scum. Whereas if it was a triple quest, we would not kill any scum, we would just learn a group of three people does not contain two scum. And then over the course of the game the mafia would likely nighkill that benefit away.
"Well, I..."
srckz
srckz
Goon
srckz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:49 pm

Post by srckz »

In post 804, Chromium wrote:roleblocking 4 people
Where do you see this? Nobody dies if the dungeon is cleared lol
srckz
srckz
Goon
srckz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by srckz »

In post 792, Emily wrote:
In post 749, srckz wrote:Huge brain unwnd breaks the setup and forces scum to either die or give up NKs
I can't tell if you are being serious or trying to troll the Dragon Person because of your longstanding rivalry with them.
Koba is just another mafia player to me

The means of which we interact is often the choice of the individual

I'm not really one to spitefully go after someone or do things with ulterior motive
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by Emily »

I think their point is that if the four people chosen for dungeon and guillotine contains two scum, then the scum can't nightkill without doing something we see.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:52 pm

Post by Isis »

2 questers and one guillotine roleblocks 3/4ths as many people and also grants two vig shots

Why would you want to sell two vig shots for a tracker shot
"Well, I..."
Chromium
Chromium
Goon
Chromium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by Chromium »

here are the scenarios for my plan:

catch 0 scum: only 1 death, go to 8 way with a town controlled tracker ability that is within PoE and an elimination available(or scum wifom no kill to go to 9 way)

catch 1 scum: on guillotine->either go to 6 way with 1 scum limmed. on dungeon-> potentially go into 6 way mylo with 1 confscum to lim, or scum wifom a no kill and it goes to 9 way.

catch 2 scum: go into 9 way without a night kill happening with an available elimination, alternatively this could look like catching 1 scum on guillotine if scum on guillotine chooses to shoot instead after being assigned to guillotine THUS WHY THE PERSON AT TOP OF POE GOES HERE RATHER THAN BOTTOM

scenarios with your plan:

0 scum on dungeon: 3 dead townies. go to mylo right away with no info other than flipped townies. <--- most likely outcome
1 scum on dungeon: 2 dead townies. Scum aren't going to go to dungeon, and will carry the kill.
2 scum on dungeon: autowin, but extremely unlikely.
srckz
srckz
Goon
srckz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:53 pm

Post by srckz »

The only time this strategy would be viable is for tonight.

I would not simply go 'ok let's throw some more scumreads into the dungeon'

This is probably the only time we would be able to make that risk
Chromium
Chromium
Goon
Chromium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Chromium »

In post 810, srckz wrote:
In post 804, Chromium wrote:roleblocking 4 people
Where do you see this? Nobody dies if the dungeon is cleared lol
the scum still have a nightkill.
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Emily »

Also sending three people to the dungeon is better than sending two people to the dungeon because:

If the three people we send to the dungeon are all town, they all live and we get a fancy tracker thing.

If two of the three people we send to the dungeon are mafia, they would have to nokill.

or

They both abandon the mission, become confscum, and we kill them.

or

One of them abandons the mission and the other one dies in the Dungeon.

If of the three people assigned to the Dungeon, exactly one is scum, we don't generate any info unless the Guillotine is manned by a scum.
Chromium
Chromium
Goon
Chromium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by Chromium »

like seriously if you think scum are going to willingly join a dungeon instead of just carrying the nightkill and keeping the guillotine sharpener unclear thats crazy
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by Isis »

" on dungeon-> potentially go into 6 way mylo with 1 confscum to lim, or scum wifom a no kill and it goes to 9 way."
This doesn't seem right. If one scum is assigned to dungeon and one is assigned to train, the scum assigned to train performs the kill, and the scum assigned to the dungeon does the quest. This is indistinguishable from one scum assigned to train doing a kill and one scum assigned to train actually training. We would go to 8p and know very little. Is there something I'm missing?
"Well, I..."
Chromium
Chromium
Goon
Chromium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by Chromium »

In post 819, Isis wrote:" on dungeon-> potentially go into 6 way mylo with 1 confscum to lim, or scum wifom a no kill and it goes to 9 way."
This doesn't seem right. If one scum is assigned to dungeon and one is assigned to train, the scum assigned to train performs the kill, and the scum assigned to the dungeon does the quest. This is indistinguishable from one scum assigned to train doing a kill and one scum assigned to train actually training. We would go to 8p and know very little. Is there something I'm missing?
the scum can choose to bail instead and sac themselves to get mylo which is advantageous.

would you as scum not take that opportunity to kill 3 townies in 1 fell sweep?

its objectively a good trade for scum, but still good for town in the sense that it gives us a red flip to work with info wise.

also it keeps the guillotine holder unclear anyway, like i mentioned before.

we can do math later on wrt another dungeon in that case with leveling. i havent thought that far ahead yet.

yes scum can choose to complete the dungeon though - but with retaining an elimination for town and potentially giving us a tracker on a PoE slot.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by Isis »

Oh. I guess I didn't think about that because I would generally prefer the 8p as mafia.

I don't really think it's better to let the mafia be the first to choose someone to die instead of having them be the third to choose someone to die, but the three people quest thing is the second best and I'll stick with whatever a majority wants
"Well, I..."
Chromium
Chromium
Goon
Chromium
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by Chromium »

i would prefer to just sac and give town low info
Emily
Emily
Goon
Emily
Goon
Goon

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:07 pm

Post by Emily »

the three people quest is just as good as the two people quest for catching 2 mafia because if both mafia are assigned to the three people quest they are still not in a good spot.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Wed May 19, 2021 7:09 pm

Post by Isis »

It's a lot easier to assign on mafia to a group of two than it is to assign two mafia to a group of 3
"Well, I..."

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”