Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Naha, do you think Sigmund is Scum or not?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 6:58 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

VOTE: Jake

I'm back onto here now.
I prefer they, thanks :)
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:03 pm

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

My tentative gun to head solve is Rae/T3/Jake at the moment. Rae has also displayed a similar level of uncharitableness. I initially put them as town earlier, based on 2 posts but after reading their entire ISO, and reading the rest of the players and trying to sort them, Rae ended up above T3+Jake. I'd say there's a good chance I'm wrong on this read and I'm misreading someone higher in my reads but I like this as a starting point for a solve/PoE.
Johnny is also on my radar low on my list, and could slot into that team as well.

However I don't believe the whole scumteam piles onto a townie this early very often, so I'm a bit noncommittal to this solve.
Dwlee + Shiki + monkey are my town pile
Anya + Messy Anne are right below in townleans
Sigmund I would put at a leantown null here.
Opposites slot hasn't spoken - could be PoE'd however
Rae and Johnny are below null. Not quite scummy but there were some posts that said "yeah this could be town actually".
Jake + T3 are firmly in my scumread at this point. T3 moreso because of the associative with Jake here. I've explained already these 2.
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

In post 477, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Naha, do you think Sigmund is Scum or not?
In post 473, NotAHecticAlt wrote:I'm also more 50/50 now about Sigmund being unpartnered in this case after reread - but I would venture to say that its a bad tinfoil from experience and that the game is never that easy.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:05 pm

Wait a second Naha, You seemed surprised when you learned that Sigmund started a wagon on Monkey, which you townread them for it. But you later admitted that you thought Monkey was town. How does that track?
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

I think Sigmund's alignment will become very obvious as the game goes on FWIW. They seem like a very emotion driven player and that from experience reads fairly easy.
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

In post 481, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Wait a second Naha, You seemed surprised when you learned that Sigmund started a wagon on Monkey, which you townread them for it. But you later admitted that you thought Monkey was town. How does that track?
It tracks because I have the ability to know that townies can be wrong.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:07 pm

In post 483, NotAHecticAlt wrote:
In post 481, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Wait a second Naha, You seemed surprised when you learned that Sigmund started a wagon on Monkey, which you townread them for it. But you later admitted that you thought Monkey was town. How does that track?
Then why- for a reason other than I am always scum *eyeroll*- do you not give me the same charity?
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:08 pm

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

There are 4 players currently voting monkey, there are only 3 confirmed scum. There is 1 minimum townie voting there - so granted I am correct about monkey being town it should be obvious even within this game that this is a proven fact.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:10 pm

In post 485, NotAHecticAlt wrote:There are 4 players currently voting monkey, there are only 3 confirmed scum. There is 1 minimum townie voting there - so granted I am correct about monkey being town it should be obvious even within this game that this is a proven fact.
https://youtu.be/42K3GPUYY7E
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

In post 484, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
Then why- for a reason other than I am always scum *eyeroll*- do you not give me the same charity?
It is the way you approached the wagon and the progression being unreasonable.

You joined the wagon later on when it started getting hotter, defying a read on a player that started that very same wagon.

This is why you are being suspected - NOT because you voted someone I townread, but because of the circumstances surrounding that vote and the reasoning being inconsistent and explained in a way that is uncharitable to the points monkey made.

There is a difference in approach here. And I won't be tolerating any manipulation of what I am pointing out with any "gotcha!" with situation that clearly have different levels of nuance to them.
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:14 pm

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

Man, I feel like forgetting about this game for like 2 days straight and coming back to this content gave me replace-in clarity and it feels good.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:16 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

bad post
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:17 pm

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

Dwlee, what are your thoughts on the discussion these past couple of pages?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

I don't necessarily track with your scumteam solve (is this the phrase?), but I think you're town and that Jake is scum. I wouldn't include Messy and Shiki in my town reads quite yet, want to wait and see more. Sigmund is completely null for me rn. As for the T3 associations, it's possible, but I'm not gonna nail T3 to a wall just on that tomorrow even when Jake hopefully flips scum.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:25 pm

In post 487, NotAHecticAlt wrote:

You joined the wagon later on when it started getting hotter, defying a read on a player that started that very same wagon.

This is why you are being suspected - NOT because you voted someone I townread, but because of the circumstances surrounding that vote and the reasoning being inconsistent and explained in a way that is uncharitable to the points monkey made.

There is a difference in approach here. And I won't be tolerating any manipulation of what I am pointing out with any "gotcha!" with situation that clearly have different levels of nuance to them.
If you based your entire read of someone off of "Well they think like me, so they're +town", would you want to take the first reasonable chance to get more from them?

I may have scumread Sigmund, but that is irrelevant because I came into this game from the get go with a "I am fallible, I make mistakes, I should try to re-evaluate my reads from time to time" mindset which meant in that time doing something to make it easier to re-evaluate Sigmund later (getting a better grip on what Monkey's alignment is.)

I will admit that my execution was shit, terrible, god-awful, and that I took mental shortcuts, and almost gave up the mindset I game into this game with when I dealt with Monkey, and for that I apologize for not being a better player.
However
, what I did was in earnest investigation of Monkey's alignment.

I'm not interested in Gotchas. They bore me, because they almost always shut down any reasonable conversation, which devolves into pre-written scripts about how the other side bad and whatnot. That discourse is boring, pointless, and very draining.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:27 pm

I'm going to go sleep. Goodnight, Dwlee
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 492, Jake The Wolfie wrote:

If you based your entire read of someone off of "Well they think like me, so they're +town", would you want to take the first reasonable chance to get more from them?

I may have scumread Sigmund, but that is irrelevant because I came into this game from the get go with a "I am fallible, I make mistakes, I should try to re-evaluate my reads from time to time" mindset which meant in that time doing something to make it easier to re-evaluate Sigmund later (getting a better grip on what Monkey's alignment is.)

I will admit that my execution was shit, terrible, god-awful, and that I took mental shortcuts, and almost gave up the mindset I game into this game with when I dealt with Monkey, and for that I apologize for not being a better player.
However

I'm not interested in Gotchas. They bore me, because they almost always shut down any reasonable conversation, which devolves into pre-written scripts about how the other side bad and whatnot. That discourse is boring, pointless, and very draining.
You're going to have to find me a scum if you wish to make me change my mind on you because as far as I am concerned you intention slipped with your treatment of monkey thus far.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

In post 494, DkKoba wrote:
In post 492, Jake The Wolfie wrote:

However

You're going to have to find me a scum if you wish to make me change my mind on you because as far as I am concerned you intention slipped with your treatment of monkey thus far.
ayy lmao it only took 3 days to alt slip.
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

(that was me btw i mainslipped)
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:35 pm

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

not that it wasn't obvious from typing style/posting times but was hoping to hide it out for a little longer lol
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:52 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

VOTE: JakeTheWolfie Yes finally
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon