Large Normal 233 | Random videos I liked | Over !

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:49 am

Post by T3 »

Are there more people in the neighborhood?
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:04 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 471, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 470, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 452, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 449, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 445, Nero Cain wrote:it wouldn't change much honestly. Sometimes scum vote each other to distance and it's not like nom stuck to the wagon. Are you implying that nom isn't scum b/c he voted rathe for a hot minute? eh, I guess you could make that argument.
Well he didn't just vote, he also pushed others to hop onto the wagon which had the potential to form something bigger. Point taken on him not sticking with it though.
Kyouko's just a better vote here
considering the wagon
and the pt stuff happening in thread
so the wagon affects how "good" the vote is?? Sounds like this is the main reason you're voting for me... :dead:

VOTE: nomnomnom
More like the last reason. Reason explained i
n my opening
is much stronger, as well as the PT stuff between you and Anya.
This is your opening right, 182? I dont see any much stronger reason here.
In post 276, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 257, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 182, nomnomnom wrote:my thoughts so far:
getting town vibes from nero, reminds me of the few games I played with him where he was town, nothing out of the ordinary, feeling pretty confident about this one
the mech talk at beginning of thread makes reads messy for me so I ain't touching those, not even with gloves
I don't like these pushes on dwlee and peta, not because of the way it's started, it's just that these pushes on "loud guys" day 1 often don't end well in my experience
I wanna focus on the guys that give me "cruising by" vibes cuz even if one of dwlee/peta is scum it just means other scums are just cruising by, i wanna make this more out of this day 1 than "push confrontational loudmouth"
Out of everything I read I feel rathe's progression is the one that sticks out the most, cruising by posts, non confrontational tone when called scum + joining on popular bandwagon gives me the vibe of scum trying not to gather attention, another worrying fact is people calling the slot scum but not pushing it, I wanna force the issue on this one
VOTE: Rathe
Kyouko's also struck me as bad when there's a bunch of shit happening and going with a rvs-like vote
That's where I'm at right now more or less
now push with me or ur scum kthxbye
It's not an RVS vote btw
Then I'd very much like an explanation for that one
VOTE: Kyouko
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:19 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 475, T3 wrote:Are there more people in the neighborhood?
Idk I'll ask
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:21 am

Post by T3 »

Okay, so we know this isn't some bizarre conspiracy where there isn't even a neighborhood.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:46 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

At this point I think the only person that's been inactive enough here to reasonably still be missing in the neighborhood is Derek
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:11 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 414, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 397, Anya wrote:oops i just dropped my
491 revolver
that i use for cooking betting go into my workshop
gun room
so i can get a replacement before
petapan
does
In post 371, Anya wrote:
In post 367, nomnomnom wrote:still waiting on whatever happened in that pt, this is important
for the first day it was just me posting in there asking if anyone else was there bc i couldn't tell and also wasn't sure whether everyone in there is town or not

and then kyouko showed up and started jokingly claiming wolf but in a really weird way it was like he had a guilty conscious and wanted to get it off his chest but try and make it look like a joke

i'll give you a paraphrased example of what he said: "Sup I haven't played scum before but I'm gonna be pocketing you, it's nothing personal and I won't mind if you push me ftr"

and then i questioned him on it and he jokingly deflected and eventually said he was completely joking and he's definitely town but the way he's nervously declaring himself a city dweller feels really weird
Idk everything in that pt feels like a joke, like anya is crumbing all kinds of different roles but she crumbed traitor first and I think she's just crumbing others now to throw me off. I'm just going to keep an EYE on her tonight and by eye I mean GUN
are you claiming anya is outright lying about the contents of the PT?
free crypto
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So peta when does this mod meta that you are sitting on become important?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:46 pm

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 480, petapan wrote:
In post 414, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 397, Anya wrote:oops i just dropped my
491 revolver
that i use for cooking betting go into my workshop
gun room
so i can get a replacement before
petapan
does
In post 371, Anya wrote:
In post 367, nomnomnom wrote:still waiting on whatever happened in that pt, this is important
for the first day it was just me posting in there asking if anyone else was there bc i couldn't tell and also wasn't sure whether everyone in there is town or not

and then kyouko showed up and started jokingly claiming wolf but in a really weird way it was like he had a guilty conscious and wanted to get it off his chest but try and make it look like a joke

i'll give you a paraphrased example of what he said: "Sup I haven't played scum before but I'm gonna be pocketing you, it's nothing personal and I won't mind if you push me ftr"

and then i questioned him on it and he jokingly deflected and eventually said he was completely joking and he's definitely town but the way he's nervously declaring himself a city dweller feels really weird
Idk everything in that pt feels like a joke, like anya is crumbing all kinds of different roles but she crumbed traitor first and I think she's just crumbing others now to throw me off. I'm just going to keep an EYE on her tonight and by eye I mean GUN
are you claiming anya is outright lying about the contents of the PT?
We're just danking out in there
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:33 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 410, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 403, Titus wrote:I'm sick of this argument. No one is going to persuade anyone else. No one seems to doubt themselves. While I am pro everyone crumb, I don't see myself convincing anyone and its detracting from developing reads.
We can still get reads by arguing amongst ourselves.
Generally when I do that, people think I am being funny and not in a good way.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by Titus »

My brain is fried. I tried reading this a few times and I got more lost each time.

Is the argument that nomnom is chainsawing for peta?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 337, VFP wrote:
In post 287, petapan wrote:yes that's about what i was getting at - bogging things down in some boring "correct" argument is how i'd expect scum to approach someone coming out with a wacky plan to start the day - it's an easy point to make and offers basically nothing. i hit him with my vote for it and didn't like the response.

nero of course is dead set on trying to misconstrue that i was arguing that no one should claim at all in accordance with dgb, which is not what i was trying to say and i don't think someone making an honest reading could get that (except T3, but he's a special case)
If anything it feels like your vote should be towards Nero more than Dwlee.
With the above it just seems more that players like Dwlee and T3 are mis understanding your view while Nero is using this to push agenda.

I don't think Nero is, and I don't think that this scum read is strong enough to have had Dwlee in the lead votes at this point.
How does Dwlee town react to DGB's plan?

Also, what is the mod information / meta you have?
Assuming this relates to the information you were talking about?
i think both are scummy, i haven't seen anything from dwlee that felt like cause to unvote so i've kept my vote there

don't know dwlee, not going to imagine up some response to dgb that i would read as town because it suits my taste. i
could
see town seeing that post by dgb and arguing against it (i haven't raised that issue with everyone reacting negatively to it), it was a combination of how he chose to respond to it, which felt like he was arguing in a way to score points rather than advance the game + his reaction to my voting him, where he just clumsily pulled the "i know you are but what am i?" card to an early attack. didn't feel natural.

i'll get into the mod meta stuff in a bit, it deserves its own post
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 482, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:We're just danking out in there
that's not an answer
free crypto
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:44 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 478, T3 wrote:Okay, so we know this isn't some bizarre conspiracy where there isn't even a neighborhood.
Why would this be a thing?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 484, Titus wrote:Is the argument that nomnom is chainsawing for peta?
sorta. Though nom isn't attacking any of petas voters (except maybe DW). It's mostly that he made a big deal over getting t3 and DW to vote Rathe and now he's arguing that DW is scum for abandoning the 1v1 with peta and the whole thing just feels planed and manipulated to me. "here let me dangle this other scum read in front oh you." "oh, you actually took the bait, and you're scummy for it!"
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

though tbf I did accuse him of trying to break up the peta wagon by getting a Rathe wagon going.

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:06 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 488, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 484, Titus wrote:Is the argument that nomnom is chainsawing for peta?
sorta. Though nom isn't attacking any of petas voters (except maybe DW). It's mostly that he made a big deal over getting t3 and DW to vote Rathe and now he's arguing that DW is scum for abandoning the 1v1 with peta and the whole thing just feels planed and manipulated to me. "here let me dangle this other scum read in front oh you." "oh, you actually took the bait, and you're scummy for it!"
In post 489, Nero Cain wrote:though tbf I did accuse him of trying to break up the peta wagon by getting a Rathe wagon going.
This sounds like no matter what nomnom did, you would have found it scummy.

Perhaps you're thinking he's scummy independent of the wagon motions?

(We've just crossed into bizarro world btw.)
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 372, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 344, Rathe wrote:everyone is saying he is town but i dont think so

VOTE: osuka
There once was a time when power roles helped the town. Lately, mods are distributing roles in such a way that power roles HURT the town. I spent a whole game fighting townies who thought I was scum for being a vanilla cop (aka "PR hunter" they said) for example. And the neighborhood with two traitors had me see red, because when one is dead, the other "becomes conftown" and here we have role distribution meant to HELP the already informed minority.

Can you guys at least get on board with crumbing your targets, and if you're vanilla,
okay, listen, dgb. i'm pretty sure your intentions with this are good. but the fact is there's a hol in this. if you tell people to explicitly crumb their targets, the mafia are going to be looking for those crumbs, and by looking at who people are drumbing, they can narrow what type of role that person might be. so i think the idea is seriously flawed and people aren't likely to cooperate anyway. i think moving on is for the best, even though there's guaranteed to be screwiness with the roles
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:15 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 385, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I think DGB's proposed strat only helps scum, sure maybe it got burned recently but I don't think that's any excuse to call to elim claims and have everyone lay crumbs.

Suggesting that is scummy, and it hasn't done anything to change my mind since
this i take issue with as well. just because you think the plan is bad, why is it necessarily scum motivated rather than town with a crazy idea? do you think it's typical scum play to propose a way of playing that helps scum openly on page 1 and hope people go along with it? because in my experience that's not something scum typically try to do at all
free crypto
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:26 pm

Post by T3 »

In post 487, Titus wrote:
In post 478, T3 wrote:Okay, so we know this isn't some bizarre conspiracy where there isn't even a neighborhood.
Why would this be a thing?
I have no idea, that was just a random thought at the time.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:49 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

VOTE: Pete you play like you know DGB is town.
I prefer they, thanks :)
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:51 pm

Post by petapan »

so, with regard to setup stuff, i would recommend looking at the roles in gypyx's previous two normal games:

mini 2169: random facts
mini 2180: fake peoples

gypyx is probably the most distinctive mod working in the normal queue right now, in that he really likes to play around with modifiers and combined roles and have atypical power distributions in his setups. expect claims to be wacky bullshit. here's a list of the town PRs in those games (avert your eyes here if you're DGB):

Town Combined Mailman Vanilla Cop
Role Watcher Neighbor
Town Ascetic Indecisive Doctor Neighbour
Town 1-shot Bulletproof Vengeful
Town Novice 3-shot Vigilante

Town Roaming Detective
Town Backup Roleblocker
Town Lazy Odd-night Tracker Even-night Motion Detector
Town Combined Roleblocker Friendly Neighbor
Town Disloyal Hider

in mini 2180, my scumteam was very easily able to exploit people making bad assumptions about the setup balance in order to get easy eliminations ("surely there aren't two investigative roles in the setup, right? that's too much town power"). i want to make sure that doesn't happen this game, so i'm informing people now so they don't go off making bad assumptions and getting weirded out by claims this game. you can bet your ass as scum i never out this because i'm the only one in this playerlist who's played in a game he's hosted, and keeping this sort of info hidden has significantly more benefit for scum as it allows people to make dumb assumptions about claims
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:52 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 494, Dwlee99 wrote:VOTE: Pete you play like you know DGB is town.
i've played with dgb a few times recently and am fairly confident on that read, yeah. would i have that read as scum? very possibly. is this a goo case against me? lol fuck no
free crypto
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: dwlee
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:59 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

Homie you moaned that I was trying to delay game play on page 1 by talking about its mech suggestions and on page way greater than one you're responding to DGB's continual posts that only talk about mech stuff like it is an innocent child.
I prefer they, thanks :)
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:03 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 307, petapan wrote:i guess the hood is actually real? i assumed anya was doing a bit or something
anya might honestly be doing a bit

she's always doing a bit, it's just hard to know what about

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”