Large Normal 233 | Random videos I liked | Over !

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:03 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 546, Nero Cain wrote:
@ osuka

the inconsistency Titus was talking about was when you called DGB opener stupid but don't think DW is town for opposing it.

I mean Titus could be playing up the oblivious card here but I also don't think its impossible that she really did forget.
it's trivial to oppose a strategy of that caliber

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:04 pm

Post by osuka »

doesn't take a lot of effort, doesn't take a lot of brains

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:23 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 545, osuka wrote:that's a moronic reply to what i just said

if you're acutely aware of that _and_ highly confident of it, as can be concluded from 538, there is quite literally nothing stopping you from intentionally playing differently in order to achieve a goal (whatever that may be) - thus rendering the self-meta argument worthless

i seriously hope i wont have to explain everything in detail to you for the rest of the game
the argument that me playing a certain way is null is worthless? like dude you just seemed to have jumped intoattacking what i was saying without bothering to understand it, and you're accusing me of not understandingg you

how would i "intentionally play different to achieve a goal" off the statement "i can play aggressive as either alignment"? it's only saying that a certain behavior isn't a scumtell for me, there's nothing for me to manipulate because i've just self-described it as null

if you want to say "i'm more likely to be aggressive as town" is worthless, then sure, whatever, you're under no obligation to believe me! but you don't have to blow a gasket over it. you seem to be flying off the handle over a reflexive dislike of self-meta, but this seems to be a discussion that is almost entirely in the theoretical realm that is unlikely to be useful to the game we are actually playing right now

can you take a breather and calm down for a minute? what are your reads right now?
free crypto
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 552, petapan wrote:

if you're acutely aware of that _and_ highly confident of it, as can be concluded from 538, there is quite literally nothing stopping you from intentionally playing differently in order to achieve a goal (whatever that may be) - thus rendering the self-meta argument worthless

i seriously hope i wont have to explain everything in detail to you for the rest of the game
the argument that me playing a certain way is null is worthless? like dude you just seemed to have jumped intoattacking what i was saying without bothering to understand it, and you're accusing me of not understandingg you

how would i "intentionally play different to achieve a goal" off the statement "i can play aggressive as either alignment"? it's only saying that a certain behavior isn't a scumtell for me, there's nothing for me to manipulate because i've just self-described it as null

if you want to say "i'm more likely to be aggressive as town" is worthless, then sure, whatever, you're under no obligation to believe me! but you don't have to blow a gasket over it. you seem to be flying off the handle over a reflexive dislike of self-meta, but this seems to be a discussion that is almost entirely in the theoretical realm that is unlikely to be useful to the game we are actually playing right now

can you take a breather and calm down for a minute? what are your reads right now?
In post 538, petapan wrote:i can play aggressive as either alignment but in general am more likely to do it as town, i linked a recent scumgame of mine (mini 2180) in one of my posts, you can see there i was far more cautious than this onee
oh yes but please do go on about how that wasn't a towncase on yourself

Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:47 pm

Post by Dragon of the West »

In post 513, osuka wrote:someone tell me if i'm being a moron

does a peta/dgb scumteam sound plausible? i don't feel like i have a great grip on their interactions so far, especially since most have been effectively by proxy
I don't see that as likely. I feel like if peta & dgb were scum together, peta wouldn't have gone so hard at the detractors of DGB's plan off the bat. That just seems like a situation where another scum would stay neutral
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:59 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 553, osuka wrote:oh yes but please do go on about how that wasn't a towncase on yourself
i wouldn't really expect to be taken at my own word after a single line dude

what are your reads
free crypto
Dragon of the West
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Dragon of the West
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:04 pm

Post by Dragon of the West »

the issue I take with this argument is in that same post where you said "I can play aggressive as either alignment", you then specifically linked me to a game where you played a cautious scum. That seems manipulative even if your words preceding that were trying to project the sense of a neutral self-assessment. And it just feels like cherry-picking on your part.

VOTE: petapan
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 551, osuka wrote:doesn't take a lot of effort, doesn't take a lot of brains
i mean, I agree that its something scum could take advantage of and milk for town cred but I don't agree that just b/c scum could do it doesn't mean he has to be.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:10 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 556, Dragon of the West wrote:

you mentioned going through my previous games and i directed you to one because i'd already posted it. is it manipulative to provide something you're looking for?

the issue I take with this argument is in that same post where you said "I can play aggressive as either alignment", you then specifically linked me to a game where you played a cautious scum. That seems manipulative even if your words preceding that were trying to project the sense of a neutral self-assessment. And it just feels like cherry-picking on your part.

free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:11 pm

Post by petapan »

you mentioned going through my previous games and i directed you to one because i'd already posted it. is it manipulative to provide something you're looking for?

(uh, i butchered that and stuck my reply in the middle of the quote)
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 556, Dragon of the West wrote:

an inordinate amount of your posting has been focused solely on me. do you have reads on other players in the game?
free crypto
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:12 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 539, Nero Cain wrote:
@nom
can we get a reads list from you
No
I hate reads lists in general for many reasons
If you wanna talk about specific slots then we can do so
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

reads on

Anya
T3
Save The Dragons
Derek12
Dwlee99
Dragon of the West
Rathe
ssbm_Kyouko
Andresvmb
Dunnstral
Titus
hugsandchocolate
osuka
petapan

plox
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:19 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

I especially don't like them in a large game with many fronts of discussions that are somewhat unrelated to each other and it's hard for me to sort through everything
pedit:
:roll:
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

who are your town reads?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I actually get some slight town vibes from peta's belief that he wouldn't post the mod meta stuff as scum and that he thinks it was better than it actually was.

but I still think that his line about trying to sort DBG when he already had DBG sored was hot garbage.

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

Nero Cain wrote:who are your town reads?
That's already more specific :P
I still sort you as town, I hate your logic but you try and put people on the spot and that strikes townie to me
I warmed up to rathe a bit, seems like the type of player who has their own agency sorta speak
I'm leaning town on peta, I like his posts, I see a bit of my own playstyle in him, doesn't hesitate to go head first into the mess and sort things out :P
If Kyouko's flips scum (which is likely in my vision of this game so far) then anya is pretty much town
That's more or less where I'm at, I'm being conservative here. I have a hard time sorting people with all their little interactions this game, I'd much rather see a flip than make sense of it right now.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

so your sole scum read is a mechanical 1v1?

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 561, nomnomnom wrote:
@nom
No
that's how i usually am but i'm feeling tryhardy this game, maybe because of day 1 overconfidence, meh
free crypto
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 567, Nero Cain wrote:so your sole scum read is a mechanical 1v1?
Who said that was my only scumread?
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:40 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 568, petapan wrote:
In post 561, nomnomnom wrote:
@nom
No
that's how i usually am but i'm feeling tryhardy this game, maybe because of day 1 overconfidence, meh
I think the only times I actually went out of my way to type a reads list was when I first joined the site and it was mostly as scum to show more activity :P
Hate typing em, hate reading em
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

why am I having to push so hard to get content out of you?

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:42 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 571, Nero Cain wrote:why am I having to push so hard to get content out of you?
Don't take that out of context :giggle:
I don't think I'm hard to get content from, I just don't like reads lists and I proposed to you we can talk about specific slots
if you wanna know where I'm at with my scumreads it's a mix of kyouko/dw/t3
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 569, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 567, Nero Cain wrote:so your sole scum read is a mechanical 1v1?
Who said that was my only scumread?
the only two ppl you've mentioned as scum have been rathe and ssbm and you are "warming" on rathe. I keep asking for reads and you keep giving excuses.

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:44 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

I'm pretty sure I mentioned I would push DW if it wasn't for the fact that I like my vote on Kyouko much better
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”