Fidget
Child of Fairies
T3
Ydrasse
JohnnyFarrar
---------
Lukewarm
Prism

I probably pulled the trigger too early on giving Ydrasse a townread tbh, need to stop falling for those vibes. She's closer to null after rereading. Dashes are the null line
The progression between here and the next readlist on Lukewarm seems towny. I played with prism in DEFCON so I'll look over her ISO there. At this point I don't scumread Prism by play in this game.
In post 339, T3 wrote:TOwn: Lukewarm, Fidet, Prism
Lean towm: Infinity
Null, Ydrasse, Child, Hectic
Scum: Johnny
Why am I null given the first post, T3?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:33 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 331, Prism wrote:Putting aside the question of Hectic for a bit longer, my voting order would probably be Johnny, T3, Child.
Interesting that this is also my exact ordering right now after my catchup
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:34 am

Post by Hectic »

- Nicely packaged post with reasonable takes, almost
too
reasonable (/s... I think)

I gave townpoints to T3's for Fidget's but that's actually a lot townier for Fidget than it is T3

Lukewarm
Fidget
Infinity 324 - goes down a little because content is easier to fake than two above her
Ydrasse - goes up solely for
Child of Fairies
T3
JohnnyFarrar

Leaving Prism off because I simultaneously feel she's town and scum, but the number of times I nail scum early and then slowly move them up over the course of the game pains me, so this is the compromise
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:35 am

Post by Hectic »

should be
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:37 am

Post by Hectic »

@Fairy Child:
Are you can alt? If so, what's your level of experience on-site on the following tier list:

Never lied in your life
Fresh noob straight from Town of Salem
New to mafiascum
Couple of games on a 5 year old account
Alt of a regular user
Banned user
RadiantCowbells alt
Child of Fairies
Child of Fairies
Townie
Child of Fairies
Townie
Townie

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:57 am

Post by Child of Fairies »

In post 354, Hectic wrote:
@Fairy Child:
Are you can alt? If so, what's your level of experience on-site on the following tier list:

Never lied in your life
New to mafiascum
Alt of a regular user
Banned user
RadiantCowbells alt
"Couple of games on a 5 year old account" is pretty accurate. I had an account here that I used for less than a year in 2018-2019, and I have some offsite experience from before that, but I wouldn't say I'm particularly experienced and this is my first mafia game in about 2 and a half years.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Prism »

I am curious as to why Johnny is the lowest for you, Hectic.

I don't really see anything about the "last few Prism pages are towny" that I should directly comment on. If you are curious about meta this is my summary of my last scumgame.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:04 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 355, Child of Fairies wrote:
In post 354, Hectic wrote:
@Fairy Child:

Never lied in your life
New to mafiascum
Alt of a regular user
Banned user
RadiantCowbells alt
"Couple of games on a 5 year old account" is pretty accurate. I had an account here that I used for less than a year in 2018-2019, and I have some offsite experience from before that, but I wouldn't say I'm particularly experienced and this is my first mafia game in about 2 and a half years.
Cool, thanks
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:07 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 356, Prism wrote:I am curious as to why Johnny is the lowest for you, Hectic.

I don't really see anything about the "last few Prism pages are towny" that I should directly comment on. If you are curious about meta this is my summary of my last scumgame.
I really liked this take from Fidget, the calling it TvT too easily part - I thought the suspicion that Fidget had that it felt forced was a far more genuine reaction to the whole thing, since I did feel like we were going in circles towards the end
In post 318, Fidget wrote:I will say that Johnny seemingly finding Hectic v. Prism obviously (or at least likely) TvT from their exchange was too easy, appearing somewhat like TMI to me. I also don't really get what criteria he used to judge Faerie and myself as "spectators" and therefore scummy? Whereas Ydrasse was considered absent and T3/Infy/Luke were genuine participants. Something I'd like to talk about when he gets back.
I might read that Prism-scum-guide at a later point
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:11 am

Post by Prism »

It is worth saying that while I can see you holding this last few pages are towny take as scum, when I am serious my tone tends to get universally townread, especially when I take the more personally removed approach of the last few pages, so I find it a natural read even if incorrect in process.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:15 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

That post feels like prism is trying to get hectic to feel the warm fuzzies. Mutual townreads feel really good and scum want to manipulate town into feeling that. Me no like
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Prism »

It's not so easy; the point of 356 was to highlight that the
backoff on Hectic itself
would have been the endgoal, rather than a correction to an earlier mistake.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:28 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Not sure I understand
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:33 am

Post by Prism »

I don't think Hectic understands what scum Prism is like or what she plays for. Letting him townread me for the wrong reasons is inviting trouble later down the line if he is town.

I don't really want to get more explicit with detailing how I would hypothetically play this as scum.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:45 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

VOTE: prism

Let's get some competing wagons in here
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Prism »

This is deeply ironic and you are wildly, wildly offtrack in your interpretation. I think fixing it by being more explicit would be in poor taste.

I would reflect on what Hectic townread about my posts recently, and think carefully about what 363 is suggesting.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:03 am

Post by Prism »

Apologies, 361, not 363.
Child of Fairies
Child of Fairies
Townie
Child of Fairies
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:04 am

In post 363, Prism wrote:I don't think Hectic understands what scum Prism is like or what she plays for. Letting him townread me for the wrong reasons is inviting trouble later down the line if he is town.

I don't really want to get more explicit with detailing how I would hypothetically play this as scum.
It's only really a problem for town!Hectic if you aren't town, though? If you really are both town you wouldn't do this.

I think when interacting with Hectic specifically you've done a fair amount of things that ping people's radars in a "there's no way scum would do this, it's too obvious" way, and I'd like you to clear up that confusion now. You keep suggesting it's obvious and that we should all be seeing it, but that sounds less like a response and more like a deflection to me.

I'm not going to vote you yet as I want to avoid a possible quickhammer situation, but I am considering it.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 365, Prism wrote:This is deeply ironic and you are wildly, wildly offtrack in your interpretation. I think fixing it by being more explicit would be in poor taste.

I would reflect on what Hectic townread about my posts recently, and think carefully about what 363 is suggesting.
To be honest, if you want me to townread you, or not scumread you, you're going to have to lay it out more explicitly because I'm too dumb to understand what you're saying here.

It's possible that my interpretation is very wrong, but I'm ok just following my gut which is going to lead me to scum d1 more often than rand.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:17 am

Post by Prism »

In post 367, Child of Fairies wrote:It's only really a problem for town!Hectic if you aren't town, though? If you really are both town you wouldn't do this.
It's a problem for Hectic either way. It's a problem for me later down the line if he's relying on something NAI to conclude I'm town, definitely as town but arguably as scum.
In post 367, Child of Fairies wrote:I think when interacting with Hectic specifically you've done a fair amount of things that ping people's radars in a "there's no way scum would do this, it's too obvious" way, and I'd like you to clear up that confusion now. You keep suggesting it's obvious and that we should all be seeing it, but that sounds less like a response and more like a deflection to me.
It is unclear to me what you are referring to with "it's obvious" and the confusion. Is this just referring to 356 to the present? If so I will not clear it up. Anything before 356 I will gladly explain.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:23 am

Post by Prism »

This is actually incredibly annoying and I want it over with.

Hectic is wondering if a scum Prism tried, and failed, to get townread with the push on Hectic early, only to salvage it with the town posts about backing off and thinking about the rest of the game. I am suggesting to Hectic that he has it flipped: that getting scumread initially only to be townread for the backoff would have been the point from the start, and linked a game where I planned several similar sequences days or weeks in advance.

If you think this is absurd, then okay.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

If that's addressed at me, then yeah that makes sense, it makes my point stronger not weaker if anything.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:26 am

Post by Prism »

It does not, not even close, but I am sufficiently frustrated that I even had to go on that spiel for what was supposed to be a oneliner to feel out Hectic with to begin that I am stepping away for several hours.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:35 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

To me, if your goal is to push hectic and look towny based in how you back off, a significant part of that would be how hectic views you. And felt like trying to get on good terms with hectic, which is a good way to get him to townread you. Even if you're scum there's a decent chance that in wrong about this, but again I'm ok voting where my gut tells me and seeing what comes out of that.

I'm sorry you got upset
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Child of Fairies
Child of Fairies
Townie
Child of Fairies
Townie
Townie

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:19 am

In post 370, Prism wrote:This is actually incredibly annoying and I want it over with.

Hectic is wondering if a scum Prism tried, and failed, to get townread with the push on Hectic early, only to salvage it with the town posts about backing off and thinking about the rest of the game. I am suggesting to Hectic that he has it flipped: that getting scumread initially only to be townread for the backoff would have been the point from the start, and linked a game where I planned several similar sequences days or weeks in advance.

If you think this is absurd, then okay.
I'm sorry for any frustration I may have caused, and that maybe my brain's just being dumb here, but are you suggesting to Hectic that you're playing a similar game to your last scumgame? Because that game you linked for similarity is a scumgame. I can't tell if you're suggesting that you're playing the same and thus Hectic shouldn't townread you for this or you're playing different and that he should townread you for this.

I still feel like this line is something town wouldn't really do, though, and while you could probably argue that scum wouldn't either given how it's turned out, but I feel like scum has more reason to try this given the amount of confusion it's created, so...

VOTE: Prism

If I'm wrong and just bad at reading I will unvote, but this feels fine right now.

Return to “Completed Open Games”