Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:17 pm

Post by Prism »

The unvote/revote came specifically in the context of the selfhammer fear. Infinity cited fear of a selfhammer for a reason to unvote; after I clarify that I will not be doing so she revotes.

I don't know if I'd say I was boasting, which has some connotation of pride in something of mine, so much as tearing into her play and how she was inviting me to "engage" while actively giving nothing to work with beyond the excuses she claimed she wouldn't. She fully owned up to the vote, it was the "dialogue" composed of her saying absolutely nothing for me to work with or respond to that drove me up the wall.

I concur that her recognizing ways to work around or explore the gut read further and promptly not doing so, or weighing in on my reaction at all except to fail to placate me, was pretty bad.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

mm. i think even then there still should be some sort of response to that recognizing "i have unvoted, but i trust you, so i'll revote" instead of quietly tempting fate. it's just weird to me and i don't know how to engage with this wagon right now.

like the "easy" thing would be to drop a hammer and see if i'm wrong since it feels vaguely consensus that you're scum and it's in the territory of possibility but, it's not one that i'm betting on right now. also, if you are town and you were hammered having the benefit of your words being confirmed would be nice. i'm just gonna choose to believe they're town for now though and hope no one hammers until more people can play.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:21 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

voting infinity feels like a vanity vote right now because i don't think anyone will bite but, whatever.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm currently at E-2, though Fidget might revote later.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:25 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

well, i never claimed to be good at math.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:29 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 3349, Iverson wrote:Wait it's legitimately E-1 lmfao I thought it was E-2 my ass can't count

knew there was a reason i failed that one math class 5 separate times in college
Could be worse, this quote is a true story.

Earlier today I also had a friend explain that buying components actually gives a discount on final items in League of Legends (ie. more than just removing the cost of the component). He's been playing for like 6 years.

At least you're not that guy.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:31 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

more interested in judging the choice of champion tbh
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Prism »

meanwhile me
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:43 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

you possess a power i don't understand

i said, quivering underneath my tower in fear of a dive.

☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:50 pm

Post by Fidget »

I'm not thinking a lot right now Ydrasse, I'm usually not so great at getting into the swing of things early. I do feel more or less like I'm making something out of nothing at times.

It is somewhat of surprise that I'm as townread as much as I am, this doesn't typically happen.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i know you aren't thinking a lot but it just feels like... when you do make the effort to try and think what you come up with is wispy which i feel there's enough to make it at least like sand.

i'm in the same boat for a lot of this but even so, didn't like it.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:54 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

(i'm not calling you head empty btw @ that first part.)
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:55 pm

Post by Fidget »

I don't really know about opportunistic though, I'd imagine I'd just keep most everyone on the table without taking any stances as scum save for a couple townreads. I doubt I'd get much attention that way.
In post 359, Prism wrote:It is worth saying that while I can see you holding this last few pages are towny take as scum, when I am serious my tone tends to get universally townread, especially when I take the more personally removed approach of the last few pages, so I find it a natural read even if incorrect in process.
In post 360, Infinity 324 wrote:That post feels like prism is trying to get hectic to feel the warm fuzzies. Mutual townreads feel really good and scum want to manipulate town into feeling that. Me no like
I'm not sure I understand what Infinity is saying here, but I am also not sure if it's necessary for scum Infinity to force further pressure on Prism (which would, I assume, be the motivation behind an awkward scumread on Prism). Johnny and Prism already have a good amount of pressure and if Infinity's E-1 causes town Prism to die, that would reflect very poorly on her. Passive play beats all if town is pushing out town.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:56 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Hello, hi. Checking in, but I have a few pages to catch up on
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:56 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

i think that without a good way to disengage off of prism she might've felt obligated to vote her again. if you have a gutread and someone isn't budging/doing anything that gives you reason to move away from it, you're in the hole. in theory you can say "i reread, changed my mind/saw this" but that looks more awkward.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:11 pm

Post by Prism »

I feel there's a bit of a mismatch with the initial vote on me, which was very whimsical and was ostensibly to create dueling wagons for the sake of having them, and how wedded to the vote Infinity was revealed to be over the course of the pages that followed. This occurred without ever actually weighing in or judging my reaction.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 365, Prism wrote:This is deeply ironic and you are wildly, wildly offtrack in your interpretation. I think fixing it by being more explicit would be in poor taste.

I would reflect on what Hectic townread about my posts recently, and think carefully about what 363 is suggesting.
uhhhh. Do not like Prism's response to Infinity here

The frustration over a scum read does not appear to line up with the situation, and makes me feel like maybe Prism planned out those posts specifically to make themselves look townie, and because Infinity misunderstood the post, she scum read them, and that frustrates them - more then just being scum read would normally.

Maybe, scum caught for the wrong reason frustrations I guess?
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:12 pm

Post by Fidget »

In post 346, Hectic wrote:What kind of monster would put town in the middle and scum on the edges? It's top -> bottom
You, probably.
In post 349, Hectic wrote:Reading over your posts in the last few pages, I keep reading them while thinking you're town if that makes sense, I'm not sure if that's because I'm assuming you're probably town subconsciously and I'm wrong, or your recent posts are towny, but something something, I have no idea what I'm saying

I find Prism's recent content a lot townier essentially but I dunno if I should abandon previous reasons to scumread her
In post 351, Hectic wrote:
In post 331, Prism wrote:Putting aside the question of Hectic for a bit longer, my voting order would probably be Johnny, T3, Child.
Interesting that this is also my exact ordering right now after my catchup
In post 352, Hectic wrote:Leaving Prism off because I simultaneously feel she's town and scum, but the number of times I nail scum early and then slowly move them up over the course of the game pains me, so this is the compromise
Now, fair warning, I do not quite know how to articulate this read. But in my only game with scum Hectic (trust fall), he did not have this level of depth in his faked reads. I am a little hesistant because that was somewhat of a less serious game, but still, this posts show a certain level of thinking that I think is less likely to be forged.

I recognize that Hectic may come across as trying to keep Prism on his plate even though he acknowledges she does towny things, but it doesn't really come across that way to me.
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=12816274]post 414[/url], Ydrasse wrote:i think that without a good way to disengage off of prism she might've felt obligated to vote her again. if you have a gutread and someone isn't budging/doing anything that gives you reason to move away from it, you're in the hole. in theory you can say "i reread, changed my mind/saw this" but that looks more awkward.
Why vote Prism at all?

Oh I see that first vote wasn't E-1, I thought it was. My point about it doesn't make as much sense.

Gun to my head I probably see Infinity as.. more likely town but I see the point you're making now. I think you can certainly disengage if you want though, I'm not nearly as good feeling about Prism right now after reading today.

I see the second vote is E-1. I think it's possibly more likely you continue to vote Prism in spite of her getting townier because you think she's scum, I still don't think that's a great move for scum. Especially if the elim does go through.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:14 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 375, Prism wrote:I am incredibly tempted to selfhammer given the mechanics but will hold off.
And then this line, but not following through makes me question the motivation for making this post in the first place.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:19 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Just double counted the votes, and this should be e-1, not the hammer

VOTE: prism
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 pm

Post by Prism »

There is an extremely long history of me being both pedantic when it comes to me splitting hairs over what I would hypothetically do as scum, which is always worthless as a counterfactual, and of me getting extremely tilted to the point of selfhammering or coming very near it. I have tried to be better about managing how tilted I allow myself to become. I can provide backlinks for both of these if you wish.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:20 pm

Post by Prism »

That was typed before the vote on me.

It is very important that I get a response from Hectic before I flip. Force him to go to bat against me to secure the elimination; do not hammer prior.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:23 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 421, Prism wrote:That was typed before the vote on me.

It is very important that I get a response from Hectic before I flip. Force him to go to bat against me to secure the elimination; do not hammer prior.
If I was not already voting you, I think I might have hammered after this post, but alas.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:24 pm

Post by Prism »

I have had enough of people actively getting in my way of trying to sort that slot.

If he's town and I'm scum let him have his own agency and place his bet rather than capitalizing on it while he's gone.

I do not want him crying that I was obviously town after I have already flipped.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:26 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

luke’s postings right now are... something.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Completed Open Games”