Mini Normal 2216 | Screaming | Post-game!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:25 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 352, humaneatingmonkey wrote:well... it's obviously boxxy and cyrus. that third partner can still be out there.
May I remind you (and everyone else) that Rathe has not posted yet?? I mean, assuming I'm wrong about you, and assuming you're right about Boxxy, and assuming we're both right about Cyrus, I'd still like to see Rathe post (or see his replacement do) before the day ends.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:26 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Yes, it's Rather annoying
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:29 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

@Mod
, can we have a VC please if possible?
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:31 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 598, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 592, Dwlee99 wrote:Hello monkey1. Do you think Cyrus is evil? I feel pretty good about catching the townslip and I'd like to hear your thoughts if you disagree. 3 is still not E-1 in a newbie but the explanation of "oh I thought I was in a newbie" is the slip.
Is this addressed to me? Cyrus can still be scum who forgot about how many players it needs to elim him, but the pressure of being possibly in E-1 gave him a panic. The amount of players it needs to eliminate you is shared information by scum and town, not just town. You can make this mistake as town, and you can still make this mistake as scum.
Monkey1 is Almost50, sorry :P
I get this but I thought it was specifically that he thought he was in a newbie. The second sentence is more @salsa but I might be misremembering.
I prefer they, thanks :)
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 409, humaneatingmonkey wrote:ssbm, I want to see Almost50. I /ined to the game for him.
<3 <3

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:33 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Oh you're right. He just says he got used to newbies. I'm still wondering if it is town-indicative because the 3 scum thing would remind you that it isn't a newbie but also there could be a traitor and that could make him think he is in a newbie scum team?
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:35 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 603, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 598, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 592, Dwlee99 wrote:Hello monkey1. Do you think Cyrus is evil? I feel pretty good about catching the townslip and I'd like to hear your thoughts if you disagree. 3 is still not E-1 in a newbie but the explanation of "oh I thought I was in a newbie" is the slip.
Is this addressed to me? Cyrus can still be scum who forgot about how many players it needs to elim him, but the pressure of being possibly in E-1 gave him a panic. The amount of players it needs to eliminate you is shared information by scum and town, not just town. You can make this mistake as town, and you can still make this mistake as scum.
Monkey1 is Almost50, sorry :P
I get this but I thought it was specifically that he thought he was in a newbie. The second sentence is more @salsa but I might be misremembering.
In post 174, cyrus62 wrote:
In post 170, nomnomnom wrote:If we lim cyrus today and he flips scum I'll happily reveal the tell, mind you. I just think that if I post it right now it won't be taken seriously at all and we will go down an awkward phase where I explain my reasoning for posts and posts to come, but I have strong reasons to think this indicates scum!cyrus :)
because i got used to newbie games where it only takes 5?
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:36 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 605, Dwlee99 wrote:Oh you're right. He just says he got used to newbies. I'm still wondering if it is town-indicative because the 3 scum thing would remind you that it isn't a newbie but also there could be a traitor and that could make him think he is in a newbie scum team?
the 12 player VC could also remind him that it isn't a newbie, or the "it takes 7 to eliminate" can also remind him that it isn't a newbie, or the "mini normal 2216" in the top of the thread could also remind him that it isn't a newbie. i wouldn't hold stock to this, because it's not a specific-to-town mistake.
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:37 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 605, Dwlee99 wrote:Oh you're right. He just says he got used to newbies. I'm still wondering if it is town-indicative because the 3 scum thing would remind you that it isn't a newbie but also there could be a traitor and that could make him think he is in a newbie scum team?
No, his mistake/slip was about the vote numbers for elimination, not about set-up.

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:39 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

@Dwlee99
, how often you are playing here? Your joining year is 2015 but didn't see you much before.

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:42 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 607, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
the 12 player VC could also remind him that it isn't a newbie, or the "it takes 7 to eliminate" can also remind him that it isn't a newbie, or the "mini normal 2216" in the top of the thread could also remind him that it isn't a newbie. i wouldn't hold stock to this, because it's not a specific-to-town mistake.
Okay yea I think I may have been reading into it too much
In post 609, Salsabil Faria wrote:
@Dwlee99
, how often you are playing here? Your joining year is 2015 but didn't see you much before.
I stopped playing in the beginning of 2017, played I think once in 2018, and just started playing again in May.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 420, boxxy wrote:I'm a roaming detective
I didn't even know what Roaming was. :oops:

OK, this is a 100% TOWN claim. Detective determine3s if a player HAS killed (if the target is Mafia who has NOT killed they get a negative result). This reminds me of a game I played recently where I suggested the
Detective
Psychiatrist targets the same players twice, so if they get "Can Kill" on N1 and "Can't Kill" on N2 that's a GUILTY (Psychiatrist is the opposite of Detective), so I think Roaming was added here to prevent that sort of guilty (although it would still be more suitable used with a Psychiatrist). Ohm and that game had a BABYSITTER in it, which is why I suggested the check would be on the same person, because the babysitter would not appear to have killed until/unless they were dead themselves)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:46 am

Post by Almost50 »

^This doesn't even have anything to do with boxxy's content. The ROLE itself is 100% Town, and is hard for Scum to fake.

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:48 am

In post 612, Almost50 wrote:^This doesn't even have anything to do with boxxy's content. The ROLE itself is 100% Town, and is hard for Scum to fake.
Why can't you fake that?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:51 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 438, Seanzie wrote:
In post 435, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 433, Seanzie wrote:Detective is an investigative role that checks if their target has made a kill or not I think.
Is this true boxxy??? Are you really a roaming detective, and this is your role mechanic???
There's this thing called Google you know. I'm sure if 800 of you had 800 years, you could type the right thing in to get the search you want.
Who needs Google? There's a lonk to the wiki at the top of your screen (right-hand-side) and you can type "roaming" to get the modifier (which I did) and "detective" to get the role.

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:51 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 611, Almost50 wrote:
In post 420, boxxy wrote:I'm a roaming detective
I didn't even know what Roaming was. :oops:

OK, this is a 100% TOWN claim. Detective determine3s if a player HAS killed (if the target is Mafia who has NOT killed they get a negative result). This reminds me of a game I played recently where I suggested the
Detective
Psychiatrist targets the same players twice, so if they get "Can Kill" on N1 and "Can't Kill" on N2 that's a GUILTY (Psychiatrist is the opposite of Detective), so I think Roaming was added here to prevent that sort of guilty (although it would still be more suitable used with a Psychiatrist). Ohm and that game had a BABYSITTER in it, which is why I suggested the check would be on the same person, because the babysitter would not appear to have killed until/unless they were dead themselves)
Babysitters wouldn't give a guilty in any situation because it's not an active kill.
Also I'm gonna mirror monkey's question here and ask why you think scum cannot fake that role. I think the hard part to come up with is the "roaming" modifier and it would only take a scum aware that their team (or themselves) is a roaming "something" to come up with a roaming "something".
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 444, humaneatingmonkey wrote:tears are rolling down my cheek and REM - Losing My Religion is playing somewhere in the background
1- Fellow monkey
2- A troll
3- Joined the game for me
4- knows his music

UNVOTE:

I just can't kill this

Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:54 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 612, Almost50 wrote:^This doesn't even have anything to do with boxxy's content. The ROLE itself is 100% Town, and is hard for Scum to fake.
In post 585, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 426, boxxy wrote:Roaming means I can only target a player once for the entire game.
Basically you're a 1-shot detective. What pinged me here is I never saw the use of
roaming
word instead of
1-shot
here before for any role.
Those who have experience here, is
roaming
is commonly used for any role, especially in a normal setup?

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:56 am

Salsabil, boxxy claimed something different. Roaming (target a player only once) and 1-shot (can only use the role once) are different claims.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:57 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Like think about it too. From a setup perspective, in what situation do you decide to add a roaming modifier to a detective? Detective is already somewhat on the weaker side of role (I estimate it less useful than a tracker, taking into account the same scum makes all the same kills, which is likely in a setup where mafia isn't multitasking by default), why would you nerf it on top of that with a roaming modifier? Like now that the role is claimed you can see it has now become a role that is 90% useless unless you somehow hit the scum committing the nightkill. That is it. You are getting at most one guilty. How is that a role a moderator includes in a setup?
Normally I am wary of outguessing the mod situations but here it just strikes me as a claim that scums can easily make because it does not clear anything, and you can go the whole game without claiming a single guilty and still manage to explain how you will not die on every night by (correctly) saying your role is justifiably weak so it does not warrant a nightkill from the scums.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:58 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

In post 618, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Salsabil, boxxy claimed something different. Roaming (target a player only once) and 1-shot (can only use the role once) are different claims.
Oh wait.... let me check the wiki.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 454, Seanzie wrote:Also, atp boxxy not giving a legacy is making me think he is just outed scum.
I thought you were good at mechanics!!!!!!

Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:02 am

Post by Kerset »

huh every time i come another tons of pages appear, i hope that it won't be a daily basis
giv me pagetop :(
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:02 am

Post by Kerset »

the most important
boxy pls give me link to your off side meta
giv me pagetop :(
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:04 am

Post by OutWorldER »

Official Vote Count 1.05

eliminationWith 13 votes in play it takes 7 to eliminate a player

cyrus62 (2): Seanize, Salsabil Faria
Seanzie (1): ssbm_Kyouko
boxxy (1): nomnomnom
nomnomnom (1): Kerset

Not Voting (8): T3, Almost50, Rathe, MaxTheFox, boxxy, humaneatingmonkey, Dwlee99, cyrus62

Deadline:
(expired on 2021-06-21 12:05:50).

Mod notes:
[/area]
Last edited by OutWorldER on Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”