Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:53 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I would not be against a Nora flip here.

Yes, I know, OMGUS - but also, every take they have made this game looks like it is revolving around "lets destroy the town block in the game" when the town block in the game literally just voted out scum - which certainly an interesting time to do it.

Also, refusing to read the thread gives her a nice plausible deniability behind any and all pushes they might want to make. Like they they replace into the game, announce they have not read the thread and don't plan to, and then they start making pushes without considering "maybe there is stuff I missed, that would make this take bad"

Also. also, they seemed really certain they was on the line for elimination for the day, when I don't think they really were? Like, me and Hectic were pushing Skitter. Skitter was pushing Hectic. Prism's stated scum team solve was HEM+Ydra. T3 voted Ydra.

And even though there was a lot of different directions the thread was being pulled in, this is the impression Noraa got
In post 1285, Noraa wrote:Right now, people mostly agree we are limming one of her or me?
And I feel like scum is primed to expect to be more scum read then they really are.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I am not sure that I explicitly want Noraa over Skitter, but that is a wagon I would join if it started gaining any traction
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1188, Hectic wrote:So the question is Fairy Child or skitter for the clean sweep

The only thing that gives me doubt regarding skitter is Fidget's towniness and the fact I'd be horribly wrong on reading her for the first time in forever £_£
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:00 pm

Post by Prism »

My instinct is that she is town based off of the connection she made in my rhetoric to Dandelion Wine's, even if she does not realize that it is a fundamentally NAI skill rather than something scum indicative.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:05 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1301, Lukewarm wrote:"lets destroy the town block in the game"
If skitter is not scum, that town block has deep wolf. And I don't think skitter is scum. That town block isn't fully town and I'm 99.999% sure of it.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1303, Noraa wrote:
In post 1188, Hectic wrote:So the question is Fairy Child or skitter for the clean sweep

The only thing that gives me doubt regarding skitter is Fidget's towniness and the fact I'd be horribly wrong on reading her for the first time in forever £_£
My point being that exactly one person said that, and you were left thinking that the entire thread felt that way.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:13 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1305, Noraa wrote:
In post 1301, Lukewarm wrote:"lets destroy the town block in the game"
If skitter is not scum, that town block has deep wolf. And I don't think skitter is scum. That town block isn't fully town and I'm 99.999% sure of it.
Who do you think is in the town block?

Imo, it is Me+Infinity+Prism+T3

I am surprised that when you reached "I think skitter is town" that you then decided the "town block isn't fully town and I'm 99.999% sure of it" Without first considering Hectic or Ydra

I started pushing Skitter today, but I am still personally suspicious of Hectic. And with Prism's Hem+Ydra solve being 50% right already, Ydra is someone to consider as well.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:14 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1306, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1303, Noraa wrote:

My point being that exactly one person said that, and you were left thinking that the entire thread felt that way.
Right after that post, people started voting skitter. I figured it was consensus? I do feel pretty self conscious as scum. This isn't really what it looks like. I would be AtEing here instead of explaining and also overreactions would be more plentiful. Could be the aftereffects of thinking this slot is scum also. I'm inclined to give you townpoints for this but I also feel like it's interesting timing. Then the "I don't want to vote first" is super scummy but you just said it in the thread. I can't tell if this is real TSTBS or fake TSTBS. I don't get your refusal to believe the town block isn't all town but I do have more information than you(namely that I'm town), so ig if we swapped places, I might also not trust myself? Your vibe is just different from the last game we were in but you did die day 1 there. mmmmmmm fuck this. I'm flipping my read on you to town. Don't let me down.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:18 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1307, Lukewarm wrote:Who do you think is in the town block?
You-Infinity-Prism-Ydrasse-Hectic
is what seemed to be the town block. I now realize that people don't agree on ydrasse and hectic but I mean, the way they interacted early game seemed pretty T-T to me. I would have them in the town block but with paranoia on hectic for, again, an unrevealed reason. I need to have him post in here first plus I already have too many SRs as it is since we haven't even gone over my SR on T3.

I'm shelving that for now since there's something else I'm more interested in rn.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:26 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1307, Lukewarm wrote:I am surprised that when you reached "I think skitter is town" that you then decided the "town block isn't fully town and I'm 99.999% sure of it" Without first considering Hectic or Ydra
When I read the first couple pages, their interactions looked pretty natural so I just shoved them into the town block. It's iffy.
Like I think Infinity is probtown but my one reservation is that I'm not 100% certain which is annoying.
You. Your vibe is different. But this situation is also different. In the last game, no one was decisive enough to lead town so they gave me a robe and crown and were like Ok Noraa you're the queen now and I was like shitshitshit so much power what do I do.
This game, I'm a replacement and you've been here longer so the overall vibe is going to be different even if only because of that. There's something that I'm missing but you do feel different. Do you have any idea why? I'll think on it.
Prism ... I was dead certain she was scum but then she got really really mad and that kind of shocked me and I'm not sure what to think. My brain says I should question her some more but my heart says no this is town that was real anger.

Hectic and ydrasse did sound very natural in the first couple pages. Like the heavy manipulation vibe is generally a good sign and you're not really supposed to know what's going on exactly. But I'm pretty certain that if one of them is scum, it's hectic. Again, I'm not saying the reason rn.
T3. Ugh. I'm not going to read into him right now.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:29 pm

Post by Noraa »

I've been so conflicted by T3 that I forgot he existed for half this game LMFAO. Lovely.
Well, I'll get into that read later but the gist of it is that
as town, he has not great play and I can't really read play styles like that.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:30 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1307, Lukewarm wrote:I am surprised that when you reached "I think skitter is town" that you then decided the "town block isn't fully town and I'm 99.999% sure of it" Without first considering Hectic or Ydra
I mean i would put ydra in the townbloc
And i think some people would put hectic too (obviously over my objections, etc)

I dong think from her pov this is an entirely unreasonable conclusion (albeit i think she's too confident in it)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:31 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1308, Noraa wrote:I'm flipping my read on you to town. Don't let me down.
Goddamn it, having someone scum read me definitely helps me be more engaged with the game lol.

Back to the 'universally town read, but also unable to push wagons' space I was in before :dead:

Spoiler:
Since you missed it, I am in fact town read by every single slot, and it is weird to me because that has never happened before in any game I have played, and I don't really know what I did differently ?

And people like really town read me. I mean:
In post 559, Prism wrote:I will eat Hectic's oldest athletic shoe boiled in a pot of grape Kool-Aid if Lukewarm is scum
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1310, Noraa wrote:I'm pretty certain that if one of them is scum, it's hectic.
You didn't acknowledge my point about ydrasse getting way better as scum recently

Not saying she's scum here, still feel like it's skitt, but still. I feel like ydrasse is more likely than hectic
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:33 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I mean i'm not sure i townread ydra either
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:34 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I dont particularly scumread her, more that i'm just not confident she's town
Show
Hiatus once more.

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:36 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1313, Lukewarm wrote:Goddamn it, having someone scum read me definitely helps me be more engaged with the game lol.

Back to the 'universally town read, but also unable to push wagons' space I was in before
lmao I would not eat a shoe if you flipped scum. I would however claim all of the credit for catching scum even if I end up doing close to nothing to contribute. Since I was the first to SR you, it's only fair.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1312, skitter30 wrote:
I mean i would put ydra in the townbloc
And i think some people would put hectic too (obviously over my objections, etc)

I dong think from her pov this is an entirely unreasonable conclusion (albeit i think she's too confident in it)
I don't think someone can be in the town block, if people in the town block are suspicious of them-

Like isn't the whole idea of a town block is a group of people who all mutually town read each other?

Spoiler:
Me @Hectic and Prism @ Ydra

Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:37 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1314, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1310, Noraa wrote:I'm pretty certain that if one of them is scum, it's hectic.
You didn't acknowledge my point about ydrasse getting way better as scum recently

Not saying she's scum here, still feel like it's skitt, but still. I feel like ydrasse is more likely than hectic
I don't know how to reply to this. It's just a feeling. I'll try to explain it through some quotes.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:38 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I have seen Ydra as scum in exactly 2 games, and I am left feeling like she is the single best scum player I have seen so far on site. So, it does make it hard for me to give her a town read this game
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I was using townbloc more in the sense of 'group of people who are widely townread'
Show
Hiatus once more.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Noraa you got better! No matter your alignment. I like this noraa
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:41 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1320, Lukewarm wrote:

I have seen Ydra as scum in exactly 2 games, and I am left feeling like she is the single best scum player I have seen so far on site. So, it does make it hard for me to give her a town read this game
She is good but you have not seen the real beast. Trust me. Once you meet pooky, you will think the whole universe is a lie. The world is a lie. Humans are a lie. Existence is a lie. Pooky is the scariest scum in the world. I could catch him on day 1 and never be able to get him killed. That's how good he is but he is also the one person who as town, understands me to heaven, hell and back and I love my fellow brown bear. He is the bestest!
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 1322, Infinity 324 wrote:Noraa you got better! No matter your alignment. I like this noraa
Thank you that means a lot to me. I recently was actually reading through some of my past games. I recently met a very toxic player(we are not naming names and I am not trying to attack anyone everyone goes through phases and I understand) but it really struck deep realizing what my play had evolved into. I looked through some past games. Prism might've reminded me of cabd because that was a game that I recently read actually. Reading that game hurt my soul. It hurt so bad realizing how bad my play was and just how terrible I could be. Ok this is a discussion for a different place but this does mean a lot to me. I'd like to think my play is no longer a toxic shitfest of the most useless garbage. AHH ok I need to stop. I kept doing this recently. but this means a lot. it really really does.

Return to “Completed Open Games”