Mini Normal 2216 | Screaming | Post-game!

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:33 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Cyrus felt the pressure. That could throw off his usual game.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:34 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1074, Dwlee99 wrote:Okay so I'm gonna start working on doing some ISOs throughout the morning. Before I start though, I don't know if I agree with you on that Cyrus is a good actor. I think this will impact my reread of the wagon so could you explain why?
I mainly said that because people tend to have the wrong idea on the guy and townread/scumread him for a few weird reasons.
I wouldn't exactly call him excellent, but his "??? townie" demeanor can easily fool people. The only reason I caught him here really is because of something I know he wouldn't do as town and a tell I had on him. Otherwise I think he's actually a bit harder to read than what people would think.
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:34 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

Psge 39

In post 958, Almost50 wrote:
In post 950, Seanzie wrote:
In post 948, Almost50 wrote:
In post 943, Seanzie wrote:Idk why the link didn't work, but clearly I want you to respond to my questions in Post #852.
Too much effort for no gain at all, unless you missed that I changed my mind already
VOTE: Almost50

Idc if you've changed your mind. You should explain yourself. Since you seem to not be able to, I feel like the only logical choice here is that you are just scum.
Cool, cool. Might as well give in and let nom take the lead here.

VOTE: Seanzie
In post 959, Bambi Jay wrote:I mean as long as it ain't Boxxys I can elim Senzu bean.

In post 962, nomnomnom wrote:This is hard but if I need to choose I think Sean must be it.
The biggest tell is that he thought cyrus was scum but never re-addressed that ever after the opening sequence of the thread. And as I said, Cyrus is someone who likes to distance a lot and interact a lot with his partners.
It wouldn't surprise me if these two went on that idea early on. The hardest part about this kind of play is that usually scums can't keep that up and it shows (and it's one of the weaknesses that I noticed when I did a similar play when I was partnered with Vorkuta and we went for an overly dramatic scum theater early game). I just think it makes the most sense.
bad vote

In post 966, nomnomnom wrote:Cyrus is a player that likes distancing, Sean is someone that has gone over his playstyle and has described himself as a gambitting player, and I have the deep intuition that Salsabil is someone that likes being smart as scum and it's not outside of the realm of the possible for scum!her to propose the entire scumteam to argue with each other.
If overconfidence has a face
..... this would be me if scum!me literally do that :lol:

In post 969, Seanzie wrote:
In post 962, nomnomnom wrote:This is hard but if I need to choose I think Sean must be it.
The biggest tell is that he thought cyrus was scum but never re-addressed that ever after the opening sequence of the thread. And as I said, Cyrus is someone who likes to distance a lot and interact a lot with his partners.
It wouldn't surprise me if these two went on that idea early on. The hardest part about this kind of play is that usually scums can't keep that up and it shows (and it's one of the weaknesses that I noticed when I did a similar play when I was partnered with Vorkuta and we went for an overly dramatic scum theater early game). I just think it makes the most sense.
I made Cyrus essentially out himself in my first few posts, then you and HEM destroyed the thread with your Boxxy mindmeld. Throughout that whole process I continued to call Cyrus out, if you were paying attention, and then after Boxxy claimed, HEM was talking to Cyrus, and Cyrus kept just spewing his rolecard all over the thread (I was there for that exchange, and if I was scum with Cyrus, I would have stopped him then and there, because Cyrus' responses were just painful), and so I let HEM do his thing. Then I was afk until y'all hammered, so I dont really see how you can think I wasn't on Cyrus all day.
^This.

In post 970, boxxy wrote:"That's not why I'm scum, I bussed my partner so I deserve towncred."
???
In post 971, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 588, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 344, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:While I am confident most of this wagon is comprised of town I feel strongly that at least one of Cyrus and Salsa are scum
Fot the argument's sake, assuming
cyrus62
is the town between us, how it makes me scum to you?
Like this is the post that gives the most explanation as to why Kyouko was killed.
If Salsabil went into this game with the intent of hard bussing Cyrus, a player that has this kind of read could be a real threat.
I legitimately could see Salsabil being scum here. This aligns with what I would expect out of a player like her rolling scum.
VOTE: Salsabil
Maybe this makes more sense. I've seen some townie posts in Sean's iso, particularly his colored wallposts felt like real town tryharding at the time.
You literally don't know how I play as any alignment, still you're assuming what fits in your bubble instead of having an open eye. I want to know where was
ssbm_Kyouko
's mindset about me and
cyrus62
as he kept mentioning that but didn't say much about it.
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
MaxTheFox
MaxTheFox
Goon
MaxTheFox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:38 am

Post by MaxTheFox »

In post 1048, Seanzie wrote:
In post 1046, MaxTheFox wrote:I want to let boxxy live but his recent posts kinda reek of scum.
Do you have any other reads?
Bambi is town. I can feel it. I can't quite explain why though.
Slightly busy and a new player.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:39 am

Try
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:43 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Look, I'm starting to think that perhaps we had it right the first time and that VOTE: Boxxy is just the play
This is the highest info flip. If we don't make this slot flip we are potentially allowing scum to wifom the hell out of this slot until the rest of the game, because as I said, this is a role that can legitimately get to the endgame.
It's happened to me before in games. I think this has got to be the best choice.
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:46 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Moreover a lot of slots had thoughts about Boxxy and actually took a hard stance on him. This allows us to more easily examine those slots in the future and get a deeper insight on what their intents were from the get go.
If he flips town then we have a bunch of things to analyze on day 1 and we could reasonably assume that there might have been someone on day 1 that bussed cyrus and tried to push boxxy as an alternative until Cyrus became inevitable.
If he flips scum the game is pretty much won from here on out and we can hard established town slots.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:50 am

This might not necessarily the best mechanical play, but boxxy being scum is a confident read that I have.

If I can establish a TvS relationship with Salsabil and boxxy, I might go with Salsabil. Otherwise, I'm very happy with a boxxy elimination.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:52 am

Post by nomnomnom »

See the thing about salsabil is that her defending Sean here, despite the reason being bad, is actually very townie, so it gives me pause on Salsabil.
I would expect scums to keep their options here, and a lot of people are okay with a Sean lynch here. Why does scum!salsabil decide to hard defend Sean here is the question.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:54 am

Reads and stances don't matter. It's how they got there that makes a difference.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:56 am

I'll re-read so I can be double-sure I'm going with boxxy or Salsabil
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:57 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1084, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Reads and stances don't matter. It's how they got there that makes a difference.
Sure, what do you think is dodgy's about Salsa's reads here?
I'm also pointing out that if you think Salsa is scum, then there is a much much higher chance that she is scum with sean because otherwise hard defending sean is a risky move here.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:57 am

I don't yet. I haven't read deeper through Salsabil.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:59 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I was gonna read the ISOs for the Sean/Salsa thing but apparently we just aren't worried about that anymore?
I prefer they, thanks :)
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:00 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Please read through them still. It's not established that boxxy is the lynch and I still believe there is one scum in sean/salsa/boxxy. There simply must be.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:01 am

Post by nomnomnom »

is the lim* god damn it
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:11 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Plus see it this way, this game might be extra easy if Boxxy is scum because in that world, Bambi's fake guilty on me might have been a ploy to distract the town into going for utter nonsense :P
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:12 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

Page 40

In post 975, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 974, Seanzie wrote:
In post 970, boxxy wrote:"That's not why I'm scum, I bussed my partner so I deserve towncred."
If you can't see that Cyrus' reaction to me calling him a wolf was genuine, you need to get your eyes check.
See I can't believe that. Cyrus is not that kind of player. He's actually not that bad of an actor and he's legitimately distanced with his
entire team within his first few posts in previous games.

He also reacted ultra weirdly to you insisting to ask for reads and it felt so fake that it was at that point I started pushing him, and it wouldn't actually surprise me this could have been something scum!you would have planned out with him in a scum pt.
But it's not a solo player scum team! If I and
Seanzie
were scum with
cyrus62
, then definitely we stopped him before he caused more damage. Like you said I play smart as scum, then how it was smart (while being on active) letting my teammate play like that?

In post 979, nomnomnom wrote:By the way I actually hope in the back of my head that my wild theory about these 3 being scums together is real because that would mean this post is pretty funny :P
In post 120, nomnomnom wrote:ftr I still think that there might be scum in the Sean/Salsabil/Cyrus trio, those interactions have a hint of "blunder" to them if that makes sense
You're hard tnneling.

In post 989, Almost50 wrote:
In post 986, Seanzie wrote:
In post 984, Almost50 wrote:I won't be doing any ISOing today. Remind me tomorrow

But totally off the top of my mind, Seanzie should have done the kill if he was Scum, because he was first to SR cyrus and first to put a serious vote on him.

Like, I think we should look for someone who was quite unlikely to be checked by the Detective to have carried out last night's kill, and then try to ISO them against cyrus
Why do you think Boxxy is town?
Counter question: How many PRs do you think Town has?

Also here's a hint: Did you know Open Setups that allow Mafia to pick their own roles/modifications start with 2 TPRs and then one more for each Scum PR selected? Example: Stack The Deck. Also if Scum are allowed to pick TOWN powers then Town starts with THREE TPRs vs 3 Goons. Example: Pick Your Poison

Now please keep that in mind when you try to guess how many PRs this Town has.
In normal set-up, is that possible?

In post 990, Seanzie wrote:
Salsabil Faria
boxxy
Almost50
:lol:
In post 993, nomnomnom wrote:The way Boxxy answered to people thinking that targeting Sean n1 was a horrible play is also weird. You'd think someone who is a PR and is told their target is a horrible choice would give a reasoning as to why they targeted Sean here. But that's not how he answered the question at all, and he actually still hasn't addressed that.
A likely explanation for this move is that scums could know Sean's role through a PR and whatnot, and claim something that is easily confirmed by town!sean.
The answer is in Sean/Salsabil/Boxxy. I am 100% convinced of this. To me it's a matter of where the scum is more likely to be, and where we gain the more information.
You'll stop chewing when see my flip :giggle:

In post 998, Bambi Jay wrote:Eh, I'm going to sleep/offline now, and I'll read more when I wake up. But yeah this day turned out well. I lied and got it out of my system this game so now I can focus on solving.
:igmeou:
In post 999, Seanzie wrote:he has done so little that I also couldn't really make a case that he is scum, but everyone below him I can point to specific things that make them >rand!scum.
What specific things about me?
I'm waiting for someone to say something special in mafia game(s) about me, so that, I can change my pathetic signature.

Damn you salsa and your kamikaze claim that allowed you to enjoy and succeed within your own personally crafted win condition :lol: ~ AurorusVox
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:14 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Cyrus is a force of nature. That's the answer ;)
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:15 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

nomnomnom wrote:Plus see it this way, this game might be extra easy if Boxxy is scum because in that world, Bambi's fake guilty on me might have been a ploy to distract the town into going for utter nonsense :P
If I really wanted a fake guilty I would've picked a WAY easier target. Salsa even admitted to not being able to be here to defend herself, and was in a weaker position gameplay wise.

I thought you could defend yourself better so I don't accidentally kill ya as a town. But if you were scum we were gonna be left with only 1 left. So uh. Didn't go to plan until Almost bailed me out.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:19 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1094, Bambi Jay wrote:
nomnomnom wrote:Plus see it this way, this game might be extra easy if Boxxy is scum because in that world, Bambi's fake guilty on me might have been a ploy to distract the town into going for utter nonsense :P
If I really wanted a fake guilty I would've picked a WAY easier target. Salsa even admitted to not being able to be here to defend herself, and was in a weaker position gameplay wise.

I thought you could defend yourself better so I don't accidentally kill ya as a town. But if you were scum we were gonna be left with only 1 left. So uh. Didn't go to plan until Almost bailed me out.
Re-read what I said. The thing about this fake guilty is that you said it yourself, you wouldn't want it to have reached a conclusion anyway (as in, a lim). So I see it from my pov that it could have been a scum ploy to distract the town by not only distracting them from the current subject of conversation, but also put scrutiny on my slot which is valuable given the amount of people that townread me in this game and that I powertowned my ass off :P
I actually have a better question for you:
what do you think of the wagon forming on me the way it did? Do you think anyone on my wagon back in early day 2 had scum on it? Think about this and give me your answer.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Salsabil Faria
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Salsabil Faria
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:20 am

Post by Salsabil Faria »

Page 41

In post 1007, Almost50 wrote:Attention: I need someone to translate between me and Seanzie. This job is voluntary and with no pay. Applicants will be interviewed the next time I login
:lol:
In post 1013, T3 wrote:Seanzie isn't giving me the same vibe as newbie 2063.
What is your read on him and on other people?

Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:24 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Spoiler:
In post 18, Seanzie wrote:
In post 16, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 14, Seanzie wrote:Sixth!
No vote?
Hmmm suspicious.
pedit:
he knows what he did
Nope, I'm too scared to vote because then you'll see my TMI.
In post 19, Salsabil Faria wrote:
Sure!

VOTE: cyrus62
In post 20, Salsabil Faria wrote:
No vote?
Hmmm suspicious.
pedit:
he knows what he did
I want to see your TMI
:wink:
In post 21, cyrus62 wrote:there we go. so whos up for a wild game. or do you prefer a slow burn?
In post 22, Seanzie wrote:
In post 20, Salsabil Faria wrote:
No vote?
Hmmm suspicious.
pedit:
he knows what he did
I want to see your TMI
Too bad.

If this is the team it would have to masterful scum theater. Don't find this likely at all as the solve.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:25 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 30, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 26, Seanzie wrote:Non fluff though, current reads:

Cyrus - wolf

Everyone else who has posted thus far - Town
Aahahaha.....
You rolled scum, aren't you?
Okay what the fuck
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:27 am

Why not Dwlee? That's not hard theater at all. It's not even theatrical.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”