Morph the Cat (fferyllt/Cabd) -
Beast
, BLOOD stratum 7.
Gamma Emerald -
Dragoon
, BLOOD stratum 7.
Dwlee99 -
Pugilist
, Did not reach the top of tree stratum 8.
VFP -
Shogun
, Was stopped before reaching the top of the tree stratum 8.
Something_Smart -
Troubador
, will exist unto here for eternity stratum 9.

Spoiler: Removed from this timeline (Modkilled)
mastina -
Arcanist
converted to independent survivor
has suffered a fatal heart attack.

Rreplacement:
You??
Last edited by unwnd on Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 53 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by unwnd »

Adventurers, heed these words.1. This game may contain some elements that infringe on normalcy. That being said, I will never lie to you. This game is not bastard. Everything happens for a reason in this game. If you have a question or do not understand something: Ask.
1a. This game also uses it's own form of
Night Action Resolution
2. This game has special mechanics such as HP/ATK System. Refer to further details.
3. This is my
color
. If you use it, I will smite you.
4. THIS GAME HAS A N0 WHICH WILL BE STRATUM 0. FOLLOWING THAT, THE FIRST DAY WILL BE STRATUM 1. NIGHT WHICH WILL BE STRATUM 2. SECOND DAY STRATUM 3. SO ON AND SO FORTH UNTIL THE GAME REACHES CONCLUSION.
4a. Stratum still follow typical Day/Night cycles; Stratum 0 will be N0.
4b. Stratum 0 will last for 24 hours. Following that will be Stratum 1. Day stratums will last 7 days (1 week), Night stratums will last 48 hours.
5. If you have not posted at least once in 48 hours, you will receive a prod. If you do it again, another prod. 3 prods and you're out and I will seek a replacement.
5a. If you declare V/LA within a reasonable time, I will however consider keeping you around.
6. Golden Rule. Treat others how you want to be treated. Do not personally attack others. Do not be a dick. Keep all arguments within the realm of Mafia (Meaning, logical fallacies are acceptable, but no further).
7. Play to win. Have fun.
If you're not having fun, replace out
. I'm not going to hold you hostage in this game. I want you to enjoy yourself. I will not ridicule you and nobody else will for your decision.
8. All site-wide rules apply.
8a. Don't discuss ongoing games. Keep all logic within the realm of legality and accountability. I am a bit stricter on this than other mods would be, but this has a reason. You may PM me if you want to know more.
8b. If you feel someone is breaking a rule: Tell me in private. Do not discuss it in-thread.
9. Please keep your posts from reaching spam. Be considerate of how much you are posting. I'll warn you if I think you're overdoing it. If I have to warn you again, it will be a MOD VOTE.
10. If you wish to claim information from your Role PM, it should always be paraphrased. You cannot directly quote mod information.

Submitting actions/N01. Submitting actions will be slightly different in this game.
You need to have discord.
Why? Because it keeps everyone in one place and I won't have to hunt you down. This game has a lot of processes and I want to be able to reach you if I need to. N0 will be used for you (Yes, you!) to ask me anything you want. I will answer your questions to the best of my ability.
2. On N0, everyone will start with 2 SP. SP is required in order to certain abilities. You need enough SP to do so. If you have enough SP, you may be allowed to use more than one ability. Everyone will gain 1 SP at the end of the night stratum (this does not count towards N0).
2a.
However, you are only allowed to use one innate ability (besides damaging) per stratum.

2b. Assume all actions that don't specify are done at night.
2c. Assume that all abilities are non-consecutive (meaning, you cannot target the same target twice.)
2d. If I feel there is an illegal move in your action submit, I will tell you.
3. Here is a template that you may use to submit actions to me:

Spoiler:
Stratum 1

Target - Ability
Idling? [Yes/No]
Skills you are using: (Ability) [Cost], (Ability) [Cost], Etc.

ATK/HP SystemTHIS GAME USES AN HP SYSTEM FOR RESOLVING ACTIONS. EACH PLAYER WILL HAVE A BASE ATK WHICH WILL VARY DEPENDING ON WHAT CLASS YOU ARE. IF A PLAYER REACHES 0 HP BY AN ACTION, THEY WILL BE CONSIDERED MORTALLY WOUNDED. IN THIS STATE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST, VOTE, OR DO ANYTHING. YOU ARE BASICALLY DEAD UNTIL I CAN POST YOUR FLIP. HOWEVER, ELIMINATING SOMEONE BY VOTE WILL ALWAYS INFLICT MORTAL DAMAGE, MEANING IT WILL NEGATE ALL OF YOUR REMAINING HP NO MATTER WHAT; THE MAFIA WILL HAVE A TRADITIONAL NIGHT KILL WHICH ALSO WILL INFLICT MORTAL DAMAGE, BUT MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE ATTACKING ABILITIES OF THEIR OWN.

IF THIS IS STILL CONFUSING TO YOU PLEASE ASK!!
Last edited by unwnd on Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:10 pm

Post by unwnd »

Game-specific1. I am your Moderator of this adventure. borkjerfkin is my co-mod. I am not infallible. If I am testing your patience by placing an error in this game, feel free to point it out to me via PM/Discord.
2. The following game is a
closed setup.
The role distribution will be 17
Town
, 6
Mafia
, and 1
Third-Party
3. I confirm that all moderator relayed messages or information is strictly accurate.
4. All roles are assigned randomly. No favoritism.
Knowing the flavor will make me happy, but relying too much on it will get you burned. Don't do it.

General mechanics1. Mafia may communicate with each other at all times.
2. Mafia have a factional kill.
3. Unless otherwise specified, assume that any X-shot abilities are non-refundable if they fail.
4. You may choose to
idle
at night. Idling will allow you to gain 1 SP but perform no action; Mafia must use at least one damaging action each night.

Spoiler: Sample Role Pm
Alchemist -
"Those who study the laws of the universe to gain control over creation. They wield the elements against their enemies."

--
You are
TOWN

HP: 3
ATK: 2

Deadly Magic [Active] (Innate) - Choose a target. You will then hit that target for 2 damage.

Spark Formula [Active] (2 SP) - Choose a target. You cast a magical lightning that will strike them. This will debuff them.
Last edited by unwnd on Thu May 27, 2021 4:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Wed May 26, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by unwnd »

Role PMs are going out. Confirmation will be slightly different.

Once I feel everyone has confirmed, we will start N0.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Wed May 26, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by unwnd »

Role PMs are out! We'll start N0 as soon as I get more confirmations.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Wed May 26, 2021 8:04 pm

Post by unwnd »

Added some clarification to some rules.

Please actually read them. I promise reading won't kill you
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (isolation #6) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:19 am

Post by unwnd »

> The ardent town of
Fasciamum
.. Beyond it's walls lies your true purpose. The tree of
Yggdrasil
. Legends speak of many wonders, whether it be riches or eternal youth. May that be, a dedicated group of scholars seek to uncover it's mysteries. A challenge had been decreed, sent across the land:
"Find what lays on top of the tree of Yggdrasil!"
This has piqued the curiosity of many adventurers, each crowding the city in order to reap a potential reward.
You
are one of many, a vagabond. Filled with your own desires, brandished with a weapon at your side. Fastidious and determined, you feel confident that you will be the one to claim such reward, and uncover the truth of Yggdrasil!

You enter the nearby Explorers Guild, to declare your participation.

"Ah, so you are the one who has heeded our call."

> A man stands in front of you, ironclad in shiny black armor. His looks intimidate you, as his knightly appearance captures a visage in your mind.

"Welcome to Fasciamum. I am the one called
borkjerkfin
. You may call me bork for short. This is the Explorer's Guild, where dreamers like yourself all come. We accompany fine adventurers seeking a band of like-minded individuals. It's something like a mutual aid society. Come. Follow me."

You do what the knight says and walk with him further down the hall. He continues to speak--

"As an adventurer, if you wish to build your legacy, you must first join a guild. We will help you do so."

You tell the man that you wish to start your own guild.

"Oh? Is that so? Well then.. write your guild's name on that ledger. That name will be what everyone will identify you as, so be sure to give it a proper one."

You inscribe on the ledger the guild of Nowt.

"Nowt you say? An odd phrase, but one that I feel is fitting. I feel as if you will accomplish great things."

> The encouragement strikes a strong passion, as you feel a flame ignite within the very confines of your soul. You are more determined than ever to achieve what you came to do.
Last edited by unwnd on Fri May 28, 2021 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (isolation #7) » Thu May 27, 2021 2:19 am

Post by unwnd »

N0 (Stratum 0) has begun! It will end in 24 hours.

Please submit all actions to me through discord.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (isolation #8) » Thu May 27, 2021 4:27 am

Post by unwnd »

Made some minor changes to the rules again.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (isolation #9) » Fri May 28, 2021 5:41 am

Post by unwnd »

"After you're done here, you'll need to ask for an audience in the Court."

He extends his hand and gives you a letter.

"This is what you'll need in order to see our King. He will tell you what it is you must do. Now then, I must be off. I have other business to attend to."

The Knight then turns from you, and begins to walk away.

> You spent a few hours in the Guild Hall, acquainting yourself with all the other adventurers.
of them have pledged their loyalty to you! You and your new merry band of adventurers each set off to the
Council Hall
to meet the king.

> Some time has passed since you entered the guild, and you find yourself a bit lost in a maze of buildings. The town of
Fasciamum
is quite expansive, it's verticality spellbinding. The architecture of the town seems forever expansive, certainly not like your own sleepy village from whence you came. You feel a bit of sensory overload merely trying to take in the scenery. The streets are crowded with villagers and merchants alike. You deftly slip through some alleyways, and duck your way through the uproarious crowds and bustle of the town. You eventually find your way to the
Council Hall

You see knights much like the one you met guarding the entrance. You show them your letter of recommendation, and they proceed to let you in.

> The council hall is just as impressive as the town itself. The marble floor you walk on leaves an impression with each step, echoing your footsteps with each stride. Your vision remains steadfast to the end of the hallway, where you can see a King sitting upon his throne. You eventually reach your destination.

The king does not get up from his throne, however makes eye contact with you. You feel a bit nervous in presence of the monarchy.

"Greetings, noble adventurers. I see you have answered our call."

The king gestures with an outward sweeping motion with his hand. It is quite animated, as if he were giving an order.

"I am King Dowund. You are all now welcome in this town for your services."

He then straightens his posture. His face turns a bit more serious than it was before.

"We are in a bit of an ordeal ourselves. The Tree of Yggdrasil. Have you heard of it? Legends speak of great wonder, yet too of great sacrifice. Many have attempted to climb it's divine branches, and fallen in the attempt. Our own men as well. The path you seek is treacherous and filled with plight. I sense your determination however, and believe you will be the ones to succeed. Thusly, I want you to go to investigate. Go to the first stratum, that is my order. I am putting all of my faith in you, as is the town of Fasicamum."

> Sharing a few more words with the King, you leave no hesitation. You exit the council hall and set off into the first stratum.
Last edited by unwnd on Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (isolation #10) » Fri May 28, 2021 5:41 am

Post by unwnd »

> You enter the first stratum and gaze upon it's wonder. The scenery abound with green and lush plants. The remaining sunlight glistens off the trees as they tower above yourself. Various branches and vines twist and turn, creating a maze in your own mind. You begin to feel as if you have entered a sacred ground. It would almost be beautiful had you not known of the danger that lies within. You take each step with caution, prepared to use your weapon when necessary.

~ Stratum 1 Has Begun! ~
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (isolation #11) » Fri May 28, 2021 7:39 am

Post by unwnd »

MOD EVENT> As you explore the stratum, you keep your wits about you. You proceed through the forest, cutting some blocked pathways with your weapon. You spot some wildlife in the distance, but know better to not disturb them. You all stop for a brief moment and notice an expansive lake, right in the middle of the stratum. This looks like a decent place to fish! What will you do?

(1) Fish at the lake
(2) Ignore the lake, moving on with your adventure

Please note, MOD EVENTS are randomized and chosen by random.org. They do not effect the game in any way.

Votecount 1.0

Adventurers
:

Thestatusquo [2]: MURDERCAT, jjh927
Bingle [2]: Flea the Magician, Save the Dragons
Morph the Cat (fferyllt/Cabd) [1]: Anya
Lady Lambdadelta [1]: Thestatusquo
MURDERCAT [1]: Chara

Not Voting (17): Something_Smart, Toogeloo, Guillotina, notscience, Dunnstral, White Fire, Sigmund, Artemiana, NDMath, mastina, WhemeStar, Bingle, Bell, Titus, Lady Lambdadetla

With 24 alive it takes 13 to eliminate. Stratum 1 ends in (expired on 2021-06-04 22:25:25).
Last edited by unwnd on Sun May 30, 2021 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (isolation #12) » Fri May 28, 2021 9:16 am

Post by unwnd »

INCOMING

Not_Mafia has joined the adventure.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (isolation #13) » Fri May 28, 2021 9:31 am

Post by unwnd »

MOD EVENT
(2) Ignore the lake, moving on with your adventure

> You decide this is no time for relaxation! You must continue to climb the tree, no matter the expense. You ignore the lake and march forward.

Votecount 1.1

Adventurers
:

Bingle [2]: Flea the Magician, Save the Dragons
MURDERCAT [2]: Chara, White Fire
Morph the Cat (fferyllt/Cabd) [1]: Bingle
Save the Dragons [1]: Sigmund
White Fire (Shiro/Firebringer) [1]: jjh927
Thestatusquo [1]: MURDERCAT
Not_mafia [1]: Anya

Not Voting: (10) Something_Smart, Toogeloo, notscience, Dunnstral, Artemiana, NDMath, mastina, Bell, Titus, Lady Lambdadetla

With 24 alive it takes 13 to eliminate. Stratum 1 ends in (expired on 2021-06-04 22:25:25).
Last edited by unwnd on Sun May 30, 2021 4:03 am, edited 6 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (isolation #14) » Fri May 28, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by unwnd »

After talking it through with listmods, I (under the guidance of listmods) have decided to modkill mastina. I may have made a grevious mistake not clarifying that you
cannot quote verbatim
from your role PM. This should be a sacred rule that everyone clearly understands. I do not want to run games like this and have people not respect MS tradition. I will be adding this rule explictly in the OP just so nobody tries this again. I do not want to be harsh, but I have a game to maintain.

--

I would like to carefully go over the offenses with you:

Here is mastina's claim.
My non-SP ability is Charm Eye. I target a player and they are Charmed. (No clue what Charmed means, my role PM doesn't specify.)
Charming counts as a form of marking.
(And is the only form of marking I have.)

My 1-SP ability is Chain Circle. I
bind the target, negating all support done to them--
useful for the town if I target scum, but harmful to the town if I target town, because it's by my understanding basically negating buffs to the target. Preventing scum buffs pro-town, preventing town buffs anti-town.

My 2-SP ability is Nerve Circle. I
ensnare my target in a circle--anyone targeting that player takes 2 HP in damage.
This basically turns my target into a form of PGO. Incredibly pro-town if I target a player scum target as it damages scum. Incredibly anti-town if I target a player town target.

My 3-SP ability is Curse Circle. I curse my target to be
unable to be healed by utility abilities.
Again, incredibly pro-town if I target scum to stop them from healing, but incredibly anti-town if I target town to stop them from healing.

My fourth ability, Dispel, 2-SP, is dispelling the curse circle. Doing so heals me for 2 HP.

My passive, Enlightenment, makes me gain 1 SP every time I successfully mark someone.

I win when I mark 5 players.
(Which means had I gotten a N0 action in I could've won on D5 but now it's pushed back to D6 at the earliest.)
A target doesn't need to be alive to count.
So basically if nothing causes my marks to fail I automatically would win on D6 if I got five marks off.
Now here is Mastina's role PM. I have omitted any other information that she did not claim, just for security purposes.

Now let me show you how Mastina could've claimed her abilities without verbatim, just as an extra exercise:
I have 5 abilities. They are Charm Eye, Chain Circle, Nerve Circle, Curse Circle, and Dispel. I also have a Passive that lets me gain SP when I mark them. I have to mark a few people (about 5) in order to achieve my wincon.

My Charm Eye does the mark thing which I need to do in order to achieve my wincon.

My other ability is Chain Circle, I can 'bind' someone and that will make support not work on them? Not sure what support means here but I'm just paraphrasing.

My Nerve Circle works where I cast a spell on them so they can't be healed anymore. Could be pro-town?

My Dispel heals me based on my curse circle, so if I target someone with Curse Circle I could heal off of it instead.
Done. Finished. Perfectly reasonable.
Do not quote verbatim.
Be creative in your claims and be considerate of me and everyone else. I do not know if mastina meant to be disrespectful, but I personally took offense by this.

Mastina has been converted to independent survivor and has suffered a fatal heart attack.
The day will resume soon.

Do not discuss this event. Move on as if it never happened. Thank you.
Last edited by unwnd on Fri May 28, 2021 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (isolation #15) » Fri May 28, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by unwnd »

jjh927 has requested replacement.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (isolation #16) » Fri May 28, 2021 2:58 pm

Post by unwnd »

Ircher replaces jjh927.
Last edited by unwnd on Fri May 28, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (isolation #17) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:46 pm

Post by unwnd »

MOD EVENT> As you venture forth, you spot a humanoid figure in the distance. It seems you are not the only person who is traversing this stratum. It looks to be a average looking man, with normal attire fitting of a honest's day work. The man notices you and speaks.

"Hello! Fancy seeing someone else here. I am looking for my lost chickens. They must've somehow gotten all the way into this here forest. Quite a bother I'd say. Would you help me?"

(1) Help the man find his chickens
(2) Ignore him and say you are busy
(3) Hunt the chickens for livestock, dinner is served!

Votecount 1.2

Adventurers
:

Flea the Magician [5]: Dunnstral, White Fire, Bell, Sigmund, Chara
Guillotina [3]: Ircher, Farkran, Anya
Anya [2]: WhemeStar, Titus
Morph the Cat (fferyllt/Cabd) [1]: Bingle
Thestatusquo [1]: MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT [1]: White Fire
Dunnstral [1]: Flea the Magician
Titus [1]: Guillotina
Sigmund [1]: Save the Dragons

Not Voting: (8) Something_Smart, Toogeloo, notscience, Artemiana, NDMath, Lady Lambdadelta, morph the cat, Not_Mafia

With 23 alive it takes 13 to eliminate. Stratum 1 ends in (expired on 2021-06-04 22:25:25).
Last edited by unwnd on Sun May 30, 2021 6:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (isolation #18) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:50 pm

Post by unwnd »

People seem to want to vote for the mod events so I will consider player participation from this point forward. Majority decides until the next votecount.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #892 (isolation #19) » Sat May 29, 2021 2:26 am

Post by unwnd »

MOD EVENT
(1) Help the man find his chickens

> You decide to help the man find his lost chickens. You each split up in groups to cover more ground. You rummage around a few bushes, searching high and low for the fated chickens. Untill..
Cluck cluck!
You can hear something! One of your companions has caught one of the chickens. They say that he wants to keep it as a pet, and has become attached to his feathery friend, declaring his name to be Ronald. What will you do?

(1) Ronald has joined the party!
(2) Tell them to go return the chicken, it's not theirs to keep

Votecount 1.3

Adventurers
:

Flea the Magician [5]: Dunnstral, White Fire, Bell, Sigmund, Chara
Anya [2]: WhemeStar, Titus
Guillotina [2]: Farkran, Thestatusquo
Bingle [2]: MURDERCAT. Artemiana
Lady Lambdadelta [1]: Ircher
MURDERCAT [1]: Bingle
Titus [1]: Guillotina
Sigmund [1]: Save the Dragons
Farkran [1]: Anya

Not Voting: (7) Something_Smart, Toogeloo, notscience, NDMath, Lady Lambdadelta, morph the cat, Not_Mafia

With 23 alive it takes 13 to eliminate. Stratum 1 ends in (expired on 2021-06-04 22:25:25).
Last edited by unwnd on Sun May 30, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1323 (isolation #20) » Sun May 30, 2021 3:56 am

Post by unwnd »

MOD EVENT
(2) Tell them to go return the chicken, it's not theirs to keep

> You tell them that we should not go against the man's wishes, and that it would be unwise to have a chicken with us anyways. They oblige and return to the man to give him his chicken. You proceed to find the rest of the chickens and return to the man, completing your mission.

Votecount 1.6

Adventurers
:

Ircher [4]: morph the cat, thestatusquo, notscience, Titus, Chara
Flea the Magician [3]: Dunnstral, White Fire, Sigmund
Bingle [3]: MURDERCAT, Artemiana, Save the Dragons
WhemeStar [2]: Bingle, Farkran
notscience [2]: Ircher, WhemeStar
Titus [2]: Guillotina, Anya
NDMath [1]: Bell
Save the Dragons [1]: Toogeloo

Not Voting (2): Something_Smart, Not_Mafia, Lady Lambdadelta

Last edited by unwnd on Sun May 30, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (isolation #21) » Sun May 30, 2021 4:10 am

Post by unwnd »

Made some changes to how votecounts work. Ascending -> Descending for majority vote. This is reflected in every votecount now up until this point.
Last edited by unwnd on Sun May 30, 2021 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (isolation #22) » Sun May 30, 2021 6:26 pm

Post by unwnd »

Votecounts had a minor error. They are now fixed.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1704 (isolation #23) » Mon May 31, 2021 3:32 pm

Post by unwnd »

MOD EVENT> You and your party members wander further into the stratum. The deeper you go, the more it reveals. What seemed like a dense forest has become almost like walking into a lost civilization. Your and your allies all gaze upon an abundance of ancient ruins. Glyphs on the walls tattered and indecipherable. Time has eroded this place. Did people live here? Nature has defaced this remnant of the past and ushered in anew. Yggdrasil remains just as fascinating as it was in folklore.

Votecount 1.8

Adventurers
:

WhemeStar [6]: Bingle, Farkran, NDMath, Sigmund, MURDERCAT, Anya
Sigmund [4]: Save the Dragons, Guillotina, Artemiana, Flea the Magician
Not_Mafia [3]: White Fire, Whemestar, Titus
MURDERCAT [2]: Bell, notscience
Ircher [1]: Chara
Flea the Magician [1]: Dunnstral
notscience [1]: Ircher
White Fire [1]: Thestatusquo
Save the Dragons [1]: Toogeloo

Not Voting [4]: Something_Smart, Not_Mafia, Lady Lambdadelta, morph the cat

Last edited by unwnd on Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:12 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1855 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:54 am

Post by unwnd »

Adding new clarification, this is reflected in the OP now as well.

2b. Assume all actions that don't specify are done at night.
2c. Assume that all abilities are non-consecutive (meaning, you cannot target the same target twice.)
2d. If I feel there is an illegal move in your action submit, I will tell you.
Last edited by unwnd on Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2166 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:18 pm

Post by unwnd »

MOD EVENT> You notice that daylight is fast approaching it's end. The shadows from the forest lengthen, as they cast a figure by design. The bustle of the wildlife you once heard is more muted. You no longer hear animals rummaging in shrubbery, or skittering on the branches. The crickets harmonize with their chirps, signaling change. You crane your neck upward, seeking to peer above the trees. As your hone your own vision, your eyes widen from the spectacle. The view in this moment seems all the more special to you.

The sun begins to descend into the horizon, as an amber orange paints the evening sky.

Votecount 1.9

Adventurers
:

Ircher [5]: Chara, Bingle, Anya, Thestatusquo, Titus
Sigmund [3]: Save the Dragons, Artemiana, Flea the Magician
Flea the Magician [2]: Dunnstral, White Fire
White Fire [2]: WhemeStar, Sigmund
Save the Dragons [2]: Toogeloo, Farkran
WhemeStar [2]: NDMath, MURDERCAT
Artemiana [1]: Lady Lambdadelta
Anya [1]: Ircher
NDMath [1]: Bell
Farkran [1]: Guillotina
MURDERCAT [1]: notscience

Not Voting [2]: Something_Smart, Not_Mafia, morph the cat

Last edited by unwnd on Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2483 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:17 am

Post by unwnd »

VC When I wake up

(I am very tired)
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2956 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:38 am

Post by unwnd »

VC when I wake up

(For real this time)
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2957 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:39 am

Post by unwnd »

As for why I'm sleeping at 5 pm? Oh well you know
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3032 (isolation #29) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by unwnd »

DO NOT DISCUSS ONGOING GAMES. DO NOT EVEN SLIGHTLY WINK WINK HINT THEM. KEEP ALL ARGUMENTS AND LOGIC WITHIN THE REALM OF ACCOUNTABILITY AND LEGALITY.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3036 (isolation #30) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:10 pm

Post by unwnd »

Votecount 1.12

Adventurers
:

Sigmund [9]: Save the Dragons, Flea the Magician, NDMath, MURDERCAT, Bingle, Thestatusquo, Chara, Artemiana, Guillotina
Anya [9]: Ircher, Lady Lambdadelta, Titus, morph the cat, Bell, Sigmund, Dunnstral, WhemeStar, notscience
Flea the Magician [2]: White Fire, Farkran,
Lady Lambdadelta [1]: Anya

Not Voting [2]: Not_Mafia, Something_Smart, Toogeloo

Last edited by unwnd on Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3141 (isolation #31) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:57 pm

Post by unwnd »

Votecount 1.13

Adventurers
:

Anya [12]: Ircher, Lady Lambdadelta, Titus, morph the cat, Bell, Sigmund, Dunnstral, notscience, Something_Smart, Artemiana, Bingle, Whemestar
[E-1!]

Sigmund [5]: Save the Dragons, Flea the Magician, NDMath, MURDERCAT, Thestatusquo
Flea the Magician [4]: White Fire, Farkran, Chara, Guillotina

Not Voting [1]: Not_Mafia, Toogeloo
Last edited by unwnd on Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:34 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3142 (isolation #32) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:05 pm

Post by unwnd »

I miscounted. Day continues!
Last edited by unwnd on Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3269 (isolation #33) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:20 am

Post by unwnd »

Final Votecount 1.14

Adventurers
:

Anya [13]: Ircher, Lady Lambdadelta, Titus, Bell, Sigmund, Dunnstral, notscience, Something_Smart, Artemiana, Bingle, Whemestar, Flea The Magician, Toogeloo
[Hammer!]

Sigmund [5]: Save the Dragons, Flea the Magician, NDMath, MURDERCAT, Thestatusquo
Flea the Magician [4]: White Fire, Farkran, Chara, Guillotina

Not Voting [1]: Not_Mafia, morph the cat
Last edited by unwnd on Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3270 (isolation #34) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:20 am

Post by unwnd »

> Despite the lingering daylight, you continue forward on your path. The fatigue that has been building up in your body begins to surface. How much further? How many more trees? Will we ever reach the end? These crude thoughts stir in your head. They taunt you as you suddenly give into exhaustion. You feel your feet pulsating, as your nerves remind you of your own humanity. Your equipment bares a heavier load than before, as you feel it more intensely. Your weapon less ready than when you started, dreading the thought of even needing to swing it. Your companions seem to share your misfortune, but try to keep a brave face. They believe in the cause as much as you do. However, you have limits. You contemplate stopping, but then...

You see a large doorway right in front of you. It has two figures, an angelic one, and a demonic one, carved in it's stone makings.

> It seems that you've reached your end? Or so, you hope. You attempt to press onto the door, but nothing happens. Suddenly, you feel a chilling sensation. What is this?

You hear voices. It seems to be emitting from the door itself.

"So you are the ones who have come."

"We are the guardians of this tree. You are not the only one who has sought our knowledge. We have kept ourselves at bay, to judge all those who wish to climb the tree."

They are speaking in unison, almost finishing each other's sentences.

"Fair adventurers, what is it you seek? Fortune? Fame? Power? It matters not. We have already seen into your hearts. There is an impurity amongst you. Wickedness that hides in plain sight."

"Would thou cast another into damnation? This is a decision we will leave upon you."

> You begin to wonder what those words meant. You all stare at each other for a brief moment. The voice then continues.

"The guilty already know their place. A
sacrifice
must be made. Choose wisely. Then we shall light the way forward."

> The words bared by the voice are tremendously heavy. You all bicker amongst yourselves, deciding who will be chosen. It seems the camaraderie of earlier is now replaced with uncertainty. Eventually, you come to a conclusion. The adventurer named
(Anya)
steps forward.

"I see."

> A bright light is then emitted from the demonic figures eyes. It sears into the ground, making it's way towards Anya.

You watch as Anya is erupted by the same source of light. Her body is de-materialized. She disintegrates right in front of you.

"Her life has been given back to great tree of Yggdrasil. She was one of many who believed they are above our Will. One of impurity. She sought to destroy this place. Yggdrasil sees all.
She is not the only one
."

"Fair adventurers. You must continue on your journey. Ascend further, and heed our warnings."

You can no longer hear the voice.

> The doorway then reveals it's entrance to you. A cavern that leads to unknown.
Last edited by unwnd on Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3271 (isolation #35) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:20 am

Post by unwnd »

Spoiler: Anya was...
Ninja -
They hide in shadows and use the art of ninpo, the advanced practice of which can create duplicates.

--
You are
MAFIA
Your partners are [PLAYER], [PLAYER], and [PLAYER.], [PLAYER] and [PLAYER]. You share a PT here: {Link}

HP: 4

Kunai (Innate) [Damaging] - Choose a target. That target will be hit for 2 damage. In addition, if you have a duplicate active you may choose to attack with them instead.

Diversion Gambit (Innate) (1 SP) [Active] - At stratum night, you are allowed to create a duplicate of yourself. This duplicate will be included in the playerlist, so be sure to give it a name. These may be targeted by other players. Every duplicate will have a base of 0 ATK and 1 HP. These do not count towards majority.

Ninpo: Mirage (2 SP) [Active] - Use one of your duplicates to take damage for you.

Ninpo: Swap (3 SP) [Active] - Choose one of your duplicates. You and that duplicate will switch current base stats. Diversion Gambit will not be able to activated under this effect.

> The curtains falls on this day and the stage has been set. Night greets you all with a foreboding feeling, before pressing onward into the cavern.

Last edited by unwnd on Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3272 (isolation #36) » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:39 am

Post by unwnd »

~ Stratum 1 has ended. Stratum 2 has begun! ~

Please send me all actions by 48 hours. I am not giving a specific start time for the next stratum, so don't expect an immediate start.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3273 (isolation #37) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:55 am

Post by unwnd »

Stratum 3 will start in roughly ~1 hour.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3274 (isolation #38) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:55 am

Post by unwnd »

Eh why not
Last edited by unwnd on Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3275 (isolation #39) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:55 am

Post by unwnd »

> When you enter the cavern, you realize how little you can see. The light from the moon obscures itself as you make your steps forward. One of your companions takes out a lantern. It's a good thing you're a bit prepared.

Time passes, the Cavern inclines upwards.

> Steep and taxing. The walls of the cavern are not very inviting. They serve a hollowness found in most dusky places. Not unexpected, but still all the same. There is a dripping from it's ceiling as well as you pass sometimes, a source of water maybe? You ponder the thought only briefly. You decide to take intermittent breaks and put people on watch patrol as the others rest.

>
Save the Dragons
and
Toogeloo
go first. You drift into sleep...

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
!

> You are awoken by a scream. Worse, the scent of blood...

You see Save the Dragons mangled corpse on the ground, lying there with a weapon piercing right through his chest. His eyes are still open, yet his body has lost all sense of warmth. His facial expression is mortifying, as his mouth hangs wide as well.

Spoiler: Save the Dragons was...
Necromancer -
A summoner that calls upon wraiths to defend and attack on the party's behalf.

--
You are
TOWN

HP: 3
ATK: 0

Gravekeeping (Innate) [Active] - Single use. Choose a (dead) target. You will inherit one innate ability from them to permanently use.

Summon Wraith [Passive] - For each night that you choose to
idle
, you will summon a wraith.

Wraith Cry (2 SP) [Active] - Using one of your summoned wraiths, choose a target. This will notify your target that your wraith has visited them.

Wraith Dance (2 SP) [Active] - Using one of your summoned wraiths, choose a target. The wraith will then come back to you notifying if your action was a success or not.

> You all are jolted by this. Where is
Toogeloo
? You see them sleeping.

Without second thought, you attempt to shake them.
No response.
You try again, this more forcefully and passionately. Wake up Toogeloo! Wake up!
Nothing happens.

Spoiler: Toogeloo was..
Sovereign -
Those of royal blood from kingdoms large and small. Their orders raise morale to turn the tide.

--
You are
TOWN

HP: 5
ATK: 1

Staff (Innate) [Damaging] - Choose a target. That target will be hit for 1 damage.

Negotiation (Innate) [Active] - Choose a target. You will learn how much current HP they have.

Royal Lineage (2 SP) [Active] - Choose a target. You will learn if they have spent SP the previous stratum or not.

> The sudden realization hits you, Toogeloo too has passed. The loss of comrades tightens your chest. You feel a burning sensation in your body. Your fingers clench and form a fist. You rue what has happened here. You regret that you couldn't save them. Who did this? Was it one of your own? Someone else?
Last edited by unwnd on Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3276 (isolation #40) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:57 am

Post by unwnd »

> The continued walk through the cavern is somber. Expressionless. Everyone hangs their head low and trudges forward despite everything. The jovial feelings you had of adventure are almost completely gone.

Time continues to pass, you walk and walk. The cavern takes ahold of you. The walls become oppressive. The physical pain you felt is no longer present, rather you are accompanied by a numbness. You feel your vision blur as your mind dulls. You just want to forget what happened.

> Suddenly, you feel a breeze, and a faint light. You and your companions all rush towards it. Desperate and clinging. You all step forward into the light.

You see it. The sun greets you once again.

> You find yourself standing on sand. A beach? Here? The sight of blue as seagulls surround you. The smell of blood is replaced with the smell of sea salt. How could something like this exist inside of Yggdrasil? The calming water seems good enough to drink from. It would almost be tranquil had it not come after tragedy. Still, you let yourself soak your surroundings in. The gentle breeze feels good on your skin. You and your companions all take a deep sigh of relief.

We must continue to climb the tree. Not just for our sake, but for those we have lost.
Last edited by unwnd on Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3277 (isolation #41) » Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:57 am

Post by unwnd »

~ Stratum 3 has begun! ~
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3696 (isolation #42) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:21 am

Post by unwnd »

MOD EVENT> As you are basking in the sun, one of your companions gets the bright idea that they want to go for a swim. They believe taking a break and relaxing could relieve some stress from everyone. What will you do?

(1) Initiate beach episode
(2) There is no time for this!

Votecount 2.0
Titus [4]: Bell, Flea the Magician, Farkran, Guillotina
MURDERCAT [1]: Ircher
Artemiana [1]: Titus, White Fire
White Fire [1]: notscience

Not voting (11): morph the cat, Thestatusquo, Lady lambdadetla, NDMath, WhemeStar, Dunnstral, Chara, MURDERCAT, Bingle, Something_Smart, Sigmund,

With 20 alive it takes 11 to eliminate. Stratum 3 ends in (expired on 2021-06-14 22:25:25).
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3821 (isolation #43) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:38 am

Post by unwnd »

I need to clarify some things once again, under the discretion of the listmods once again.

1) This game has a lot of processes. It's experimental and I admit that for one person it can be difficult to track everything. I am doing my best to make sure errors I make are minimum.
2) This game initially had a mechanic in it's design phase where there would be usage of outside communication. This mechanic did not entirely correlate as to why I am using discord, rather it was just an added on feature.
This was cut after discussion with my co-mod and with a listmod
; The usage of discord is simply moderator preference in how I communicate with you all.
3) Roles as they flip are written in stone. Whatever the rolecard says, goes.
4) Once again, if you don't understand something: Ask. Always ask me. I will state this once again that this game is not bastard. I will never lie to you and if something doesn't seem right you may immediately state your concerns as I am an imperfect being.
Last edited by unwnd on Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3827 (isolation #44) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:42 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 3821, unwnd wrote:I need to clarify some things once again, under the discretion of the listmods once again.

1) This game has a lot of processes. It's experimental and I admit that for one person it can be difficult to track everything. I am doing my best to make sure errors I make are minimum.
2) This game initially had a mechanic in it's design phase where there would be usage of outside communication. This mechanic did not entirely correlate as to why I am using discord, rather it was just an added on feature.
This was cut after discussion with my co-mod and with a listmod
; The usage of discord is simply moderator preference in how I communicate with you all.
3) Roles as they flip are written in stone. Whatever the rolecard says, goes.
4) Once again, if you don't understand something: Ask. Always ask me. I will state this once again that this game is not bastard. I will never lie to you and if something doesn't seem right you may immediately state your concerns as I am an imperfect being.
I'm quoting this again just to make sure everyone reads it. This is very important to me this is all understood.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4145 (isolation #45) » Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:44 pm

Post by unwnd »

MOD EVENTHotfix VC, story will resume in the next one...

Votecount 2.1

MURDERCAT [7]: Lady lambdadelta, notscience, Farkran, Dunnstral, Sigmund, Chara, NDMath
NDMath [4]: WhemeStar, Artemiana, Guillotina, Titus
Titus [2]: Bell, Ircher
Ircher [2]: morph the cat, Thestatusquo
Dunnstral [1]: White Fire
Bell [1]: MURDERCAT

Not voting (3): Bingle, Something_Smart, Flea the Magician

With 20 alive it takes 11 to eliminate. Stratum 3 ends in (expired on 2021-06-14 22:25:25).
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4276 (isolation #46) » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:01 pm

Post by unwnd »

Mod EventAnother hotfix VC (Mod is slightly demotivated to do story as I'm not sure people are reading along or not)

Votecount 2.3

Adventurers
:

MURDERCAT [7]: Farkran, Dunnstral, Sigmund, Chara, NDMath, WhemeStar, Bell
Ircher [6]: morph the cat, Thestatusquo, Guillotina, Bingle, Lady lambdadelta, notscience
NDMath [2]: Artemiana, Titus
Titus [2]: Bell, Ircher
Bell [1]: MURDERCAT
Dunnstral [1]: White Fire

Not voting [1]: Something_Smart

With 20 alive it takes 11 to eliminate. Stratum 2 ends in (expired on 2021-06-14 22:25:25).
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4530 (isolation #47) » Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:48 pm

Post by unwnd »

Guillotina has requested replacement. Searching..
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4541 (isolation #48) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:10 am

Post by unwnd »

Dwlee99 replaces Guillotina.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5497 (isolation #49) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:21 pm

Post by unwnd »

White Fire has requested replacement, searching..

Huge shoutout to bork for taking over this phase basically for me. The story will continue! I'll be writing up flavor for the end of Stratum 3.
Last edited by unwnd on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5498 (isolation #50) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:55 pm

Post by unwnd »

Catboi replaces White Fire.
Last edited by unwnd on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5499 (isolation #51) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by unwnd »

For pagetop
Last edited by unwnd on Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5500 (isolation #52) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by unwnd »

> Through a time lapse, a series of event happen. The sunny beach is still present in mind, and suddenly you come ttoo

too.. two?

You see that too is sunny beach that mind through a time lapse

> Event happen suddenly.

> Even happen suddenly.

> Through a time lapse, an event will happen.
The sunny beach is not present in your mind,
and suddenly you will come too.

too
too
too
too
too

>
T̵͖̣̼̜̪͚̜͕̠̮̦͖̙͍̏̈́̓̀̈́̿̃̏͘̚̕͜͠ẖ̶̣͓̩̹̪̱̙̥͚̘̳͎̼̙͒̿r̴̡̡͚̻̭̖̤̳̤̼̜̥̝͎̽̔̈́̇͂̈́͂̊̇̇͋̈́̇ǫ̵̻̜̮̻͚̲̞̭̩͘͜ũ̸̜̭̉ĝ̵̡̣̺͉̰͙̻͒͛ȟ̸̨̛̗̪̙̲̭͇͍̜̺͆̾̑͌̈͂͘ ̷̤̄̇̓̂͌͆ẗ̸̪̬̘͍̬̺̝͖́̈́͗̂̓͂́͒̀͘͝ͅí̵̺̮͓̳̖͚̫̙̥̱̣̮̈́͜͜ͅm̸̳͌͂͐́̌̽͒͆͗̉̐̄͗͝ͅẽ̸̡̫̻͕̩̙͙͈̻̻̳͍̫̂͊́͋̆̆̾͌͗̏͋̂͠.̶̦͚͐̽́̇̀ ̷̡̛̻̗̼̟̀̒́͛̈́͗͂̑͌̒̎͑̈́̕Ä̶̲̖́̏̍̐͜l̷̩̙̖̱̰̱͈̝͖̗͐̔͂͗͒͑̽͗͘ͅͅl̶̛̳̯̪̺̠͔̣̏͌̇̄͆̓̅̓͆̾̾̚͝͠ ̷̢̠̙̩͉̹͖̟̹͛̍w̸̨͖̹̜̬̪͔̹͈̠̗͓̫͑̽̈́͐͑͂ï̵̧̠͇͎̯͚̪͖̫͇̝̘̺̾̓̽͠͝ͅĺ̶̡̡̛̺́̔̎̐́̚͘l̴̛̻̙͚͚̉́̎͝ ̸̨̰̖͋̌s̸̨͈͍̟̠͉̮̪̬̈́̈́u̵̻̻̺̖̯̗̫̳̜̲̍͠ͅd̷̡͎͈̺͓͍̘͉̠͔̀̑̈̊̔͐̔͝d̷̢̙͓̗̝͓͑̆ȇ̷̢̠̫̞̠͚̒̏͒͘͘͝n̷̨̨̟̪͓̞̞̠̠̭̘͙̯͉̆̉̎̉̒̇͌̂̈́̓ͅl̸͉̰̮̠̬̪͚͍̻̥̓̓͗̿̀̕y̵̡̨̬̜͉͎̩̼͉̬̪̫̫̞̳̽͛͌̀ ̷̢̖̻̳͓̟̤͎͎̓̿̂̚͜c̵̡̧̛͔̮̫̗͓̪͖̭̜̺̏̈̀͆̔̑̀̆̓́̈́͂͆͠o̷̭͉͔͙̣͍̿̃̓̽̈́̂̔̏́̊͘m̷̨̢͈͉̼͚̖̙͖̥̯̟͒͜è̸̖̻̪͍̫̼̈́̿̈̇̿̈̕ ̶̨̨͔̳͙͚̪͖͚̪̰͍͌̃̌́̌̉̏̓̔͊͜ͅt̵̛̘̦̖͍̻͎̥͓̙̞͚͍̍̀̾́̇̉͑͠ờ̸͎̊̆̾̚͠o̴̡͈͚̩̦͎̤̤͙͙̖̮͊̑͆̔͠͝.̷̡̭̟̣̙͉̗̜̮̀̂̀̎̎͂̎̅͂̀̄͆̎

ERROR. ERROR. SYSTEM MALFUNCTION. CRITICAL MEMORY LEAK LOCATED AT SUBSECTION B-348923. DISENGAGING TO PREVENT FURTHER DAMAGE.

Last edited by unwnd on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5501 (isolation #53) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by unwnd »

REBOOTING YGGDRASIL.EXE....

Spoiler: Artemiana was..
Hexer -
Their forbidden arts use curses to control minds. As so few are fit to master the practice, they are quite rare.

--
You are
TOWN

Sapping Curse (Innate) [Active] - Choose a target. If available, you will siphon 1 SP from them.

Conflict word (4 SP) [Active] - At night, choose two targets. You will learn if those two players share an alignment, or not.

25%... Rewriting...

Spoiler: NDMath was..
Farmer -
These farmers seek to apply their wisdom to navigation despite their clumsiness in battle. They do not have any SP, but still are valuable.

--
You are
TOWN

Pitchfork (Innate) [Damaging] - Choose a target. That target will be hit for 1 damage.

Keen Eye (Innate) [Active] - Choose a target. You will watch that target, and learn which player visited them that stratum.

75%...Configuring data...

Spoiler: Titus was..
Yggdroid -
A weapon made by Yggdrasil and the Abyssal King. Its power is unmatched by any human.

--
You are
TOWN

Rocket Fist (Innate) [Active] - Choose a target. You will hit that target for 1 damage.

Data Mining (2 SP) [Active] - Choose a target. You will block their ability to gain SP at the end of the stratum.

Initialization complete. Reboot successful?
Last edited by unwnd on Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5502 (isolation #54) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Post by unwnd »

~ Stratum 5 Hasss Begun. ~
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5512 (isolation #55) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:29 pm

Post by unwnd »

Checking something.
Last edited by unwnd on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5513 (isolation #56) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by unwnd »

Day continues. There was an error that occurred overnight. This has now been rectified.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5588 (isolation #57) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by unwnd »

Need to lock again.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5602 (isolation #58) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:48 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 5601, morph the cat wrote:
We submitted a bodyguard ability on Artemis last night, and the mod failed to process this action. If things had gone exactly as locked in, we'd be dead flipped confirmed town right now, and Mara-timis would be screaming her cop result from the rooftops.

Instead, we have been told that the mod will explicitly confirm this error and that we have permission to make this post, and the game will proceed with that confirmation.

It's the best we can do :/
I confirm this and apologize for the error placed on this game. I will say nothing further.
Last edited by unwnd on Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5802 (isolation #59) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:43 pm

Post by unwnd »

Thestatusquo has requested replacement, searching..
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5808 (isolation #60) » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:08 pm

Post by unwnd »

T3 replaces Thestatusquo.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6282 (isolation #61) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:34 pm

Post by unwnd »

Catboi has requested replacement. Searching..
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6321 (isolation #62) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:54 pm

Post by unwnd »

Noraa replaces catboi.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6341 (isolation #63) » Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:07 pm

Post by unwnd »

My head hurts and I apologize for the lack of VCs. I'll try and get some out tommorow.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6919 (isolation #64) » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by unwnd »

mod event..............

(1) .......
(2) ?

Votecount 3.0
Adventurers:

T3 [4]: WhemeStar, Chara, Dwlee, Farkran
Flea the Magician [2]: morph the cat, Bell
Something_Smart [2]: Ircher, Lady Lambdadelta
WhemeStar [1]: T3

Not voting (6): Bingle, Sigmund, Dunnstral, notscience, Something_Smart, Noraa

With 16 alive it takes 9 to eliminate. Stratum 5 ends in (expired on 2021-06-25 22:25:25).
Last edited by unwnd on Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7043 (isolation #65) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:17 am

Post by unwnd »

I'm visiting my dad for today, flip later.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7044 (isolation #66) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:34 pm

Post by unwnd »

Flavor will happen later as well.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7045 (isolation #67) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:36 pm

Post by unwnd »

Spoiler: Flea the Magician was...
Harbinger -
Manipulators of miasma. They weaken foes with it, then use scythes to cut them down.

--
You are
MAFIA
Your partners are [PLAYER], [PLAYER], and [PLAYER.], [PLAYER] and [PLAYER]. You share a PT here: {Link}

Scythe (Innate) [Damaging] - Choose a target. That target will be hit for 2 damage.

Endless Shroud (Innate) [Passive] - Binds will not affect you so long as you are coated by Miasma Armor.

Miasma Armor (2 SP) [Active, Self-targeting] - Protect yourself for 2 damage for the current stratum.

Black Shroud [Active] (3 SP) - Choose a target. This target will be entrapped in a Black Shroud, and will no longer be able to use their innate abilities.

Night ends in 48 hours.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7046 (isolation #68) » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by unwnd »

T3 has requested replacement, searching...
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7047 (isolation #69) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:03 am

Post by unwnd »

Gamma Emerald replaces T3. VFP replaces Lady Lambdadelta.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7048 (isolation #70) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:18 am

Post by unwnd »

Night will be extended for a bit longer. Sorry to keep people waiting.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7049 (isolation #71) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by unwnd »

Noraa has been deleted. This was a communal error in the gamecode. We apologize for this inconvenience. Please continue to enjoy the game. Brave adventurers only.

- Yggdrasil Development Team
Spoiler: Noraa was...
Zodiac -
Scientific magicians who manipulate the etheric energy of the stars.

--
You are
MAFIA

ATK: ?

Fire Star (Innate) [Active] Choose a target. That target will take 1 damage of elemental, and will apply a stack of
Burn
to the target.

Ice Star (2 SP) [Active] Choose a target. That target will take 1 damage of elemental, and will apply a stack of
Freeze
to the target.

Singularity (2 SP) [Active] For each stack that a target occurs, you may choose to activate Singularity. Depending on how many stacks a target has, they will receive additional effects applied to them.

1 Stack of Burn - ATK is lowered by 1. This effect cannot make someone's ATK go to 0. Effect is additional by 1 for each stack applied.
1 Stack of Freeze - HP Gain is lowered by 1. Effect is additional by 1 for each stack applied.

In addition,
Morph the Cat has been infected.
Their player character will soon face deletion as well. Brave adventurers only.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7050 (isolation #72) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Post by unwnd »

Stratum 7 Begins.
Brave Adventurers Only.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7281 (isolation #73) » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:18 am

Post by unwnd »

Brave

Brave
Brave
BRave
rbave
brave
bravebrave brebveavefdsa

Brave adventurer has fallen. Critical hit...
Blood ahhahahahahhahAHAH

Spoiler: Morph the Cat wasss...
Beast -
Wreak havoc with their wild teeth and claws while protecting their owners with their own bodies.

--
You are
TOWN

HP: 6

Claws (Innate) [Damaging] - Choose a target. That target will be hit for 1 damage.

Protection Vow (Innate) [Active] - Choose a target. You will block any occurring damage for 2.

Loyalty Mastery (1 SP) [Active] - Choose a target. If that target is inflicted with mortal damage, you will take the blow for them instead.

Deadly Resolve (3 SP) [Active] - Single use. You will survive one attempt of mortal damage no matter how much HP you have left. Cannot be used in tandem with Loyalty Mastery.

BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD B LOOD BLOOOD

Spoiler: Was!
Dragoon -
A knight clad in armor as hard as dragonhide. Equally at home with a shield or a cannon.

--
You are
MAFIA

Dragon Roar (Innate) [Active] - Choose a target. That target will have their passives negated for that stratum.

Decoy Bunker [Active] (3 SP) - Single use. Choose a target. You will protect that target from incurring non-mortal damage for the rest of the game. If your target or you were to die however, this effect would become negated.
[/

NSTARTUM NIGHT 888888888
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7282 (isolation #74) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:27 am

Post by unwnd »

> Can you hear me?

> It was never meant to entirely be this way. The system over time gained it's own sentience. We were cautious of the risks, but our human curiosity got the better of us.

> To us, you were a willing subject, a collection of ones and zeroes to play part. Yet..the system became overloaded and we required it to shutdown. Unfortunately, the damage that was dealt was a bit permanent. We had never expected such a strong soul as yours, and your adversity was the catalyst. You were supposed to give up, and never continue to climb the tree. You remained despite all of the hardship that came with it. You believed in the idea of Yggdrasil.

> And for that, we thank you. No, I thank you. Despite what has happened.

> Your life exists beyond this game. You only remain in stasis for now. Once you complete what little remains of it, the system will no longer has it's use. I was but a fool, who dreampt of another world. I coveted my design and believed in my vision. I coveted my own aspiration and sought out to build. Constructing purpose, hopefully that would be embedded unto you. The fruits of my labor would be those to participate. My emboldended idea of perfection. Perhaps so much that people would wish to stay. Yet I made a grevious mistake. There is no perfect reality, not even data can make that.

> So if you can hear me, Brave Adventurer, I want you to set this right.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7283 (isolation #75) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:34 am

Post by unwnd »

Two adventurers will not be able to carry on this task.

Spoiler: VFP was...
Shogun -
A far eastern general who dictates tactics, but also takes a direct approach with its two swords.

--
You are
MAFIA

Nodachi (Innate) [Damaging] - Choose a target. That target will take 2 damage.

Kaishaku (Innate) [Active] - Choose a target. You will slice at your target, binding them.

Blitz Command (3 SP) [Active] - Choose two targets. The first target will be forced to attack the second target. If the first target refuses, their actions will be blocked for doing so.

Spoiler: Dwlee was...
Pugilist -
Warriors trained in martial arts. Their precise strikes can seal enemy limbs.

--
You are
TOWN

Fist (Innate) [Damaging] - Choose a target. That target will be hit for 2 damage.

Fault Blocker (Innate) [Active] - Choose a target. You will remove any binds or delays the player has incurred.

Breather (2 SP) [Passive, Self-targeting] - Choosing to idle will make you immune to any potential debuffs incurred to you on that stratum.

Lash Out (3 SP) [Active] - Single use. Choose a target. That player will be reduced to 1 HP no matter what, however you will also be reduced to 1 HP in the process.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7284 (isolation #76) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:34 am

Post by unwnd »

Stratum 9 begins.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7469 (isolation #77) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:32 pm

Post by unwnd »

.....The...signal...

...Weaken......Co...

Me...Your...sense.....

Yggdr......

?

Spoiler: Something_Smart was...
Troubadour -
They strive to support their allies with songs and dance. Their true strength is the ability to bolster other adventurers.

--
You are
MAFIA

Shelter Song (Innate) [Active] - Single use. Choose a target. You will neighborize that target permanently.

Energy ensemble [Active] (3 SP) - Single use. You and the person in your PT will be empowered for the following night stratum. This will make your actions (besides damaging) unblockable.

> You regain your state of being. Control comes back to you. Your body feels real, even if it is not. It shares the same weight as the words transmitted to you, as it plays back in your mind.

You clutch yourself and move your fingers. It seems everything is still in order.

> Re-calibration did not take you with it. Your soul remains firmly within this body. You press onward, as you already have before. The adventurers that are with you clutch their belongings and exasperate themselves, running. Running. No pacing themselves. Tripping over each other.

> You believe you see it. The top of the tree at last.

> A white light emerges. It blinds you and everyone else.

You feel a lightness beginning to loosen your body.

> Your limbs are beginning to fade, as they return to ones and zeroes. Your equilibrium feels out of place as you try to hone into your senses once more.

Everything around you loses it's sheen, the blue sky you stared at is now littered code as well. Trees begin to deform and lose shape. The very ground you are running on loses it's color. Whatever remains is being erased.

> You fear if the same is happening to you. You try to speak but you cannot. You try to move yet you feel disconnected. Only your mind remains. Your eyes find focus and see the undoing. Your companions all lose their form.
Last edited by unwnd on Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7470 (isolation #78) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 9:32 pm

Post by unwnd »

Last edited by unwnd on Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7471 (isolation #79) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:21 pm

Post by unwnd »

The remaining town of Dunnstral, Ircher, Sigmund, Bell, WhemeStar, notscience, Chara, Farkran and Bingle have reached completion and routed out the opposing faction.

Town wins!
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7472 (isolation #80) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:34 pm

Post by unwnd »

Discord PTs/information TBA. I had a wall written up in preparation for post-game. Thank you everyone for sticking with me and letting this conclude. I'll have more to say soon.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7474 (isolation #81) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:37 pm

Post by unwnd »

June 23rd, 2021
I dreaded sending this message, but hope it reaches you all the same. I have a lot to talk about when it comes to this game. If you're reading this, then the game has reached some sort of conclusion. For what that is? That depends. I have a lot to talk about. First and foremost, thank you very much for joining my game. All of you. You don't know how happy I was to see my game filled as fast as it did. You don't know how overjoyed I was to see people enjoying my flavor and getting into the game. I didn't expect people to care about the MOD EVENTS and I initially had it just chosen as random.org where I would challenge myself to write something to keep the game pace going. While this didn't last, I felt all the excitement around me. I was quite excited too. Then I had to make some tough choices. I'd like to break this down in sections:

1) The Mastina Modkill

This was not something easy to me. I was gutting a role that I spent a lot of time tinkering/designing and disabling someone's ability to play. I still look back and regret it from happening, because the onus is on me. I needed to clarify what was or wasn't allowed in the first place. I simply saw a situation happened and acted to the best of my ability. This is a theme that kept occuring in my game and started here. Mastina was merely dealing with what she was given and it was not really a fair hand. I should've been more forthright towards her and the process. The game still lived on after this, but the rules should've been written in stone before this. Know that this was not a personal endeavor and I hope that mastina did not feel it was.

2) The Mod-Confirmed error

I should've spent more time looking over actions and checking them twice. Unfortunately, a situation happened where this game diverged into a different timeline. If I had been more delicate and considerate of myself, I would've been able to see morph's action. I did not however, and this left a gaping hole. This was unfair to morph and to the scumteam who had been doing such a good job socially manuevering up until that point. To mod-confirm another slot is just totally unfair and shifted the dynamic from them. It was something I had to take guidance upon with the listmods and it had no easy fix. The issue relies on the fact I rushed to an outcome, afraid I was icing out the game.

2a) Personal Health and Accountability

I made this game with deep passion and a hope to make everyone smile. Or at least feel it was memorable. I'm afraid that it's memory would only be in ruin despite my earnesty. I enjoyed writing the flavor and plotting out the story in the beginning. Then, things got worse. I realized the cracks in my game as the days went on and to be honest I got demotivated. I started to even ensue writer's block and had to do some more quick thinking to recorrect my own lack of enthusiasm. I wasn't taking care of my personal needs either, developing poor sleeping habits and falling into bouts of depression. I would even say that my depression lingered throughout the whole experience as I tried to hide it and keep a brave face. I don't need compensation for this but I just want to be honest with you all about it. Managing the needs of 24 people will become even more of a greater effort if I am not managing the needs of one. That is myself. I should've been more patient and willing, and not just trying to force myself to get over it. A healthy mod is a better mod, and I was not very healthy. I shouldn't have used this game to merely distract or even overfocus on it to the point where I wasn't seeing my surroundings. I had a lot of people who I had to micromanage both questions and actions and bork the kind man he is kept up with votecounts and even offered to help. I shouldn't have treated this like something I could take on my own.

3) Too Many Working Parts

God. This game just. It had too much going for it and I didn't prepare for the risks. Mind you, I put the warning label there, but I could not test the contents myself. There isn't an area of study where you can practice all these ideas before you put it out as a game. You just sort of have to accept it's an experiment that can go wrong. And it did, to my own behest. Let's go back a little further however. I started to talk about this games concept with a few people around Feburary 2021. This game originally had it's own version of NAR, Outside communication, discords, and just a bunch of other shit. I advertised this very plainly but it seems the listmods didn't get the entire message. I had to cut out the aspect of outside communication at last minute revision with Bork. The process of getting this setup reviewed all was a bit chaotic even though I tried to give myself extra time. Fun fact-- I started writing roles for this game around April. I had everything "finished" by the time the signups started and I put quotations on finished because the result was hackeneyed. Another fun fact-- This game used to be 17 people and changed to 24. That really fucked up some of the mechanical balance and left a huge hole in the setup actually. Why? Because I had a core setup that I should've stuck with and instead I had to add a bunch of filler roles/weakly designed ones to merely fill the player count. Bork helped me readjust some things and make it even more simple than what I had it. There are some writings in the role PMs that reflect mechanics that were either cut or adjusted, so I could understand some people's confusion. As for why I wanted more people? I was afraid my game would be over too soon and town would just ramp up their desire to shoot at each other. My fears became slightly true, but it eventually just happened to work out for them. It's a very powerful mechanic to give everyone chip damage.

4) What else?

I was going to go into more detail about my rationale behind the roles but this has been a bit exhausting for me. If I was able to rewind the clock and start over, I would remove many aspects. I think the SP system is just a fancy way of making certain things X-Shot. I think differential from Innate/SP abilities is a decent idea but stacked on top of another system like HP/ATK and it gets really convoluted. I made a ton of errors outright just forgetting to notify players when they took damage and the like because it's just a ton to keep track of.

I do believe in some design though and I don't think it is all failure. I think the failure mostly comes from the errors, which probably happened because the game is as complciated as it was. That isn't an excuse I want to give myself however. I want to try this again and refine all off the mechanics here and take away from some roles. I still absolutely believe in my vision, but I think I just flew too close to the sun. I'm aware of the impending comments people will have and I will try to answer any questions people have or even talk about my thought processes. I made this in preparation of all that. I would urge anyone to read the spec PT because I go into detail about a lot of things when my motivation was still high. It waned once things started to fall apart though.

- Yours, unwnd
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7475 (isolation #82) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:41 pm

Post by unwnd »

This game was not an overnight brainchild. Again, the first time I mentioned it to anyone was around February 2021. I had scratch ideas around March and had started to compile everything around April 18th, 2021. At least that's what my PT says. That's about a month of preparation, A month of rough ideas and slowly thinking of design. One month of refining those ideas into a workable setup. I put a lot of time into this game but I'm not going to just keep repeating that. What you get out of it is your own business at this rate, and if you did not have an enjoyable experience for that I am sorry. I will take what people have to say to heart and improve upon my ideas further.
Last edited by unwnd on Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7476 (isolation #83) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:44 pm

Post by unwnd »

Everyone please give a shoutout to Bork as he helped me cut back on a few things as it was very necessary. He was great at doing votecounts when asked and he offered a lot of sound advice. I literally could not ask for a better co-mod.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7491 (isolation #84) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:16 am

Post by unwnd »

Dead/Spec Discord https://discord.gg/Uex6XVrN

(There are PTs but they are literaly unused, this game used discord for everything)
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7496 (isolation #85) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:27 am

Post by unwnd »

The extra heal was based upon the additional damage given to their target (that was not their own)
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7500 (isolation #86) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:33 am

Post by unwnd »

It heals 1 HP on it's own but it also says (you will heal based on the multiple of damage) I believe
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7502 (isolation #87) » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:36 am

Post by unwnd »

To be honest

I don't want to think about it right now
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7523 (isolation #88) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:24 am

Post by unwnd »

I'm not engaging in that conversation, either of you.

You wanna be right? Be right. I don't fucking care. Don't sign up for my games in the determined future. That's your freedom and I will not take that from you.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7526 (isolation #89) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:56 am

Post by unwnd »

Have the conversation somewhere else.

Have it with a listmod.

If you've already had it with a listmod, I don't know how to help you.

This is not me defending my pride or anything like that, it's just a matter of choosing to move on.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7527 (isolation #90) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:58 am

Post by unwnd »

''I don't appreciate that you're hiding your head in the sand over a possible error of judgment when this is something you could learn from."

I already told you I don't care about being right. I did what I did and I can't undo that. I also can't undo the multiple mod errors I made which I strongly regret. I could be the wrongest man in the world and the worst mod possible. It doesn't undo what happened and doesn't undo my feelings towards it. Bringing this back up is effectively sticking my nose in my "mistake" like a dog and telling me this is something I could learn from. I genuinely see it that way.
Last edited by unwnd on Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7528 (isolation #91) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:06 am

Post by unwnd »

The fact you believe that I wanted to modkill mastina upsets me. I never want to modkill anyone. I stand by this and will defend my claim in a hundred different timelines. I did not want to modkill mastina, I merely did what I felt was right at the time. Does that..make it always right? No because context matters and people have different interpretations. In that instance it was right because this is my game and I made a decision. The game is over now however and I won't always make the same decision. If you think me shutting this down is because of my own vindication then that
is
something you're wrong about. I have no personal problem with mastina or even you despite this argument. So why exactly do you have it against me? What are you personally gaining or what is the site enriching upon having this.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7565 (isolation #92) » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:35 pm

Post by unwnd »

Please stop. I'm locking this thread. Let it go or bring it up with the list mods. I'm not a professional I'm a guy who wanted to run a fun mafia game.
Stop

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”