Micro 1019: Dead Silence GAME OVER!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 02, 2021 1:41 pm

Post by Nathann »

Reserved.

VOTE: thana
Once again today begins this farce we call a trial.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:27 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 15, T3 wrote:VOTE: bugspray
Townnnnnnn
Are you voting for someone that you think is Town?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:33 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 37, thana wrote:
In post 36, Nathann wrote:Are you voting for someone that you think is Town?
are you?
I am not. Why do you ask?
In post 39, T3 wrote:
In post 36, Nathann wrote:
In post 15, T3 wrote:VOTE: bugspray
Townnnnnnn
Are you voting for someone that you think is Town?
You tell me.
I don't think I can read your mind.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:43 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 44, thana wrote:wondered if you had thoughts on me
Your ISO up to that point was pretending to have a post restriction, saying you don't think T3 is Mafia, then admitting you didn't have a post restriction. Your RVS vote did make me chuckle, but I don't have anything alignment-wise on you so far. Do you think I should have?

Menalque, why do you keep insisting on getting bugspray to E-1?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 2:55 am

Post by Nathann »

VOTE: Menalque

I don't like . His posting so far pings me as scum hiding behind non-sortable memes.

@thana, my bad, I misunderstood that. I'll throw the same question to you, do you have anything on the person you're voting?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:16 am

Post by Nathann »

I'm getting positive feelings from VFP, but right now I can't tell if I think they're genuinely being Townie, or if I'm just enjoying them not adding to the pointless banter.

Menalque, no response to me?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:34 am

Post by Nathann »

Not to be a party pooper, but and are posts that exist.

T3, is there a non-RVS reason you're voting bugspray?

pedit: lol sure.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:44 am

Post by Nathann »

If T3 keeps up with the bullshit quoting, I'm gonna start calling for a policy, it's making the game harder to read.
In post 84, Menalque wrote:
In post 61, Nathann wrote:I'm getting positive feelings from VFP, but right now I can't tell if I think they're genuinely being Townie, or if I'm just enjoying them not adding to the pointless banter.

Menalque, no response to me?
what were you expecting? like, if i'd answered "no, I'm obviously not scum hiding behind unsortable memes" (not to mention I haven't even been particularly meme-y this game) how would that have been useful?
I was not expecting anything, I don't go into pushes with set expectations. Maybe your response wouldn't have been AI, maybe I would've seen something that would've swung me one way or another, it's impossible to know now.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:48 am

Post by Nathann »

I just checked, and procedurally bastard dynamics (which include non-random role assignment) is checked as a "no". So unless this was some insane luck that T3 randed a "say everything thrice" role, I'm gonna call BS, so can we not.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:51 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 108, Menalque wrote:I mean I wouldn't really characterise your vote as a push, so
Semantics, but my point is still the same. I was not expecting anything specific when I voted you. Why do you choose to focus on my word-choice?

@T3, I would really appreciate you talking normally.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #10) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:53 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 117, Menalque wrote:what's the difference between dynamic and mechanic
A post-restriction is mechanically-bastard (which is marked as yes). But non-random role assignment is procedurally bastard. I'm saying I don't but that there exists a "repeat everything thrice" role that T3 just so happened to rand. (And we know Pooky couldn't have given him that role non-randomly.)
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:57 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 116, bugspray wrote:
In post 112, thana wrote:
In post 107, Menalque wrote:where? I just checked the sign ups and all the setup information provided was "yes" when asked about bastardry
i meant that there were prior references to post restrictions within this game before t3 fully dove into the i have a post restriction bit, making it less believable
these two things (t3's bullshit and me asking you if you have a post restriction on page1) are completely unrelated. my guess is that the two of you share a PT
Why does that immediately make you think Neighbours / PTs? Couldn't he as easily have seen someone talking about post restrictions and decide to run with it?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:05 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 126, bugspray wrote:people don't just do stuff for no reason
So, rather than T3 seeing thana/you talk about post restrictions and deciding to fake one on its own, you're thinking it's more likely that... thana and T3 share a PT, thana pretended to have a post restriction in the main thread, then talked about it in the hood, and that is what made T3 pretend to have a post restriction? That doesn't sound more plausible to me, but this whole discussion feels like nonsense to me anyway so what do I know.

Is there a reason you specifically asked Menalque about a Neighbourhood?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #13) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 4:06 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 129, T3 wrote:Okay fine.
I am shocked. Shocked, I tell you.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #14) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:16 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 119, Nathann wrote:
In post 108, Menalque wrote:I mean I wouldn't really characterise your vote as a push, so
Semantics, but my point is still the same. I was not expecting anything specific when I voted you. Why do you choose to focus on my word-choice?
Rereading, I don't think this was acknowledged. I found it weird that you decided to focus on my word choice there.

@VFP, is this usual Town!T3 behaviour? He stopped the annoying post restriction, but he's still ignoring what people have asked of him, which doesn't really pacify my policying desires.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:36 am

Post by Nathann »

Out of direct questions, at least . Though I'd also expect of him to have some general contributions to the game, outside of just answering questions. So y'know, the general non-contribution isn't striking confidence either.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #16) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:03 am

Post by Nathann »

Err, assuming that is about my , you do know that I was talking about T3's non-contributions there?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (isolation #17) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:12 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 169, Menalque wrote:
In post 149, Nathann wrote:Rereading, I don't think this was acknowledged. I found it weird that you decided to focus on my word choice there.
My point is: you seem to think I should have responded to you, but idk why you think I would? Like it’s not like you were really trying to get me limmed (hence the word push being relevant) you were just saying you disliked my flippancy around the early game which is something I present in ~most~ of my games, and additionally you weren’t asking me anything you were just.. saying you disliked my post lol

You yourself are saying your vote wasn’t exactly meant to accomplish anything other than express a dislike of my answer, and I didn’t particularly feel like litigating that
Maybe it's me projecting, but I often find myself unable to not respond to people's votes on me, so I assume the same of others. I think saying that my vote wasn't meant to accomplish anything isn't right - sure, I doubt it would've ended with a majority on you, but seeing how people respond to votes on them can be telling. I disliked you focusing on my wording and brushing it off because "it didn't feel like a push to you" since that felt like sidestepping the point. I figured there might be worth in seeing your response to rather than the original vote, yet you still decided to basically ignore me.

Can someone verify Menalque's meta? makes me think he doesn't find it accurate.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:19 am

Post by Nathann »

I dislike the Momrangal wagon. It feels like pointless filler voting for someone who isn't here and who said they'll be around later. Incidentally, BurgerParty gives me townie vibes of wanting to properly use his vote and keep the game moving. It's not super solid, but I can vibe with it for now.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:40 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 183, Momrangal wrote:I like mena!town and im absolutely hating Nathanns posture around him.

All his posts so far is very cagey, ridgid, etc...
In post 186, Momrangal wrote:Nathann is the stronger read here because I can literally see in his mind.

Defend momrangal, the person who isnt here to get on their good side possibly.

Complain about T3s fake restriction and how he hasnt contributed anything to tvis game (the second day it has existed on a holiday weekend) while not actually contributing anything himself

And there are no stances. There are questions that seem to go places but they are ultimately empty and shallow
I don't think you're anywhere close to seeing into my mind.

Of course my posting around Menalque is cagey. It's very early in the game, and implying I have insane confidence in my first scumread of the game would be a flat out lie. I'm trying to figure him out, and it's difficult to do that when I need to repeat the same question multiple times to get him to acknowledge my existence.

I wasn't defending you, I don't care about getting on your good side. I was calling out the wagon on you as bad, which it was. It was a meme wagon, at a point in the game where RVS and jokes were over, and its reasoning was "let's vote Momrangal so that she posts". That's obviously not going to accomplish anything, since it was way too early to accuse you of lurking, and all that wagon does is promote the pro-scum atmosphere of not solving.

What does the fact that it's a holiday weekend have to do with T3 not contributing? T3 was present in thread and posting nonsense. I'd understand if he was flat out away, but that wasn't the case.

And the accusation that I'm not doing anything and that I have no stances is not true. I'm outing reads on people as I get them. I'm trying to keep the game moving and get it out of the jokey/mechanical discussions, which I can't read alignment-wise for shit.

Could you tell me why you find Menalque to be Town?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #20) » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:49 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 187, Momrangal wrote:I am decidedly not a fan of burger defending one forming wagon, supporting the other growing wagon and doing literally nothing else.
Why do you find that to be scum-indicative? BurgerParty's votes and his reasoning for them felt fine to me.

@bugspray, could you please respond to ? And what is supposed to be worrying about a 5-person PoE?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:19 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 216, thana wrote:like i don't really disagree with momrangal about nathann's questions (question to t3 was weird, didn't necessarily seem like he cared about the answers until after her post)

but ...
What about it was weird? And I don't understand where you're getting the idea that I didn't care about the answers. I specifically poked him multiple times to try to get him to contribute normally.

But...?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:12 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 220, thana wrote:
In post 218, Nathann wrote:
In post 216, thana wrote:like i don't really disagree with momrangal about nathann's questions (question to t3 was weird, didn't necessarily seem like he cared about the answers until after her post)

but ...
What about it was weird? And I don't understand where you're getting the idea that I didn't care about the answers. I specifically poked him multiple times to try to get him to contribute normally.

But...?
felt like the possible answers were either ‘yes’ or ‘rvs’

maybe not as much that you didn’t care before as much as like, hm, made a show out of caring after? like reiterated my reiteration to bugspray of a question you asked?
Sure. If his answer was "RVS" then it probably would've been a conversation I would've dropped as it wouldn't have been useful. But an answer of "yes" opens two new ones - why is he Townreading bugspray, and whether there's a reason he's voting someone he's Townreading.

I reiterated your question because I realized that that is an answer that could actually interest me, and because I saw bugspray posting after you asked the question, but not answering it. I'm again not sure how you're getting "making a show from it" from that, I simply continued asking questions like I did before.
In post 221, thana wrote:
In post 218, Nathann wrote:But...?
but the neighbour thing was an odd assumption/far from how i was thinking about the setup
Agreed, though I thought the "but" i related to what you wrote about me above it. Do you think bugspray is scum for it?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #23) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:59 am

Post by Nathann »

Page 10 is boring, though a part of me feels the urge to point out that there probably are no Encryptors in this game, given that the rules say that all PTs have daytalk.
In post 262, Menalque wrote:I actually don't disagree on burger but I'm still ~unsure~ on Nathann and thana atp
I'm probably sounding like a broken record at this point, but I dislike this "unsureness" about me. I imagine being unsure means you'd want to try to sort me, yet for the god-knows-which time, I feel like I'm being ignored by you.

Does your opinion of Dwlee change after ? (And if so, how?)
In post 268, Dwlee99 wrote:Also I'm just gonna put out there that my vfp/bugs townreads are motivated by out-of-thread things
Is this something you're able to talk about?

Also, I'd like to talk about Momrangal. I'm not familiar with the meta, but I feel like her play this game hasn't been especially groundbreaking, considering I'm not exactly widely Townread. Is her play here already enough for you to determine she's not coasting?

Okay, the rest of this game was boring as well.

@T3, are we gonna get a coherent sentence out of you this game? Why is Dwlee scummy? I'm finding their recent posting townie.
In post 287, bugspray wrote:VOTE: nathan
What's up?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (isolation #24) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:48 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 292, T3 wrote:VOTE: nathan
Too towny to be town.
In post 293, thana wrote:UNVOTE:
In post 294, bugspray wrote:VOTE: t3
Has any one of you thought about having a conversation with me?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (isolation #25) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:55 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 297, thana wrote:
In post 296, Nathann wrote:Has any one of you thought about having a conversation with me?
what was boring about page 10?
It was basically nothing but setup speculation, based on practically no information. I cannot get anything alignment indicative out of it, and it doesn't help us solve the setup because, again, page ten, no actual information.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 292, T3 wrote:VOTE: nathan
Too towny to be town.
What does this even mean? How do you arrive at me being scum because I'm "too Towny"?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:06 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 303, thana wrote:
In post 302, thana wrote:how do you generally try to determine if someone is informed
like if you think an encryptor is unlikely, what does us talking about one mean to you
I try to determine informedness the way I've been trying to the whole game - reading into people's posts, their votes, motivations and mindsets behind those, trajectories, etc. At least while we do not have flips. The fact that I've largely been getting ignored is annoying.

All it means to me is that you're taking up thread space with pointless discussion. If I had to come up with something, I could say that you're more likely to be scum because you're focusing on non-AI discussions, but then this game would have 7-8 scum. I don't give Town points for talking about an Encryptor when I think one is unlikely because it's not rocket science to be able to fake that as scum.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:07 am

Post by Nathann »

This is a closed setup, and a bastard game at that. Nothing about the setup speculation is AI to me right now, when I don't know what the setup is.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #29) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:28 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 306, thana wrote:?? why would it mean town points if you find the encryptor to be unlikely?
Assuming I am correct about the Encryptor, an argument could be made:

Someone speculating about an Encryptor is more likely to be a Townie genuinely speculating about Scum power (that they don't know anything about), rather than Scum who's fake speculating about Scum power (that they know Scum doesn't have).

I thought that's the train of thought what you were aiming for when you asked me what does speculation about the Encryptor mean to me if I think one is unlikely. However, I'm saying I don't really believe that, because I think Scum fake speculating about something like that is not difficult to fake.
In post 306, thana wrote:but sure, pointless discussion if you'd like, they all are really
It's pointless to me. Did you get anything about bugspray's alignment out of the discussion on page ten?

Though, now that I'm at my laptop and not working from memory, I'll admit to being wrong about page ten only being "setup speculation", as there was also discussion about that post from an old game. Doesn't change the fact it didn't help me sort either of you, but still putting it out there.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #30) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:01 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 308, thana wrote:the encryptor wouldn't have to be scum power and also could be like 'enables talk in general' as opposed to 'daytalk' to solve your all pts have daytalk objection, though the other issues still stand
I didn't even think of Encryptors possibly being Town aligned, so that even further kills any trace of "the talk about Encryptors is maybe, vaguely, if you squint, +town".
In post 310, bugspray wrote:hey is there anyone out there with a bastard role that wants to come out and say my role is bastard?
Hey, do you instead want to talk about why you voted me in after 3 hours of silence, only to jump off my wagon as soon as someone else joined it?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #31) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:37 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 314, bugspray wrote:
In post 313, Nathann wrote:Hey, do you instead want to talk about why you voted me in 287 after 3 hours of silence, only to jump off my wagon as soon as someone else joined it?
read my signature
You can take 30 seconds to backtrack, skim the page or two prior to your vote, and try to figure out what you were thinking.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #32) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:41 am

Post by Nathann »

You did not even try.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #33) » Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:51 am

Post by Nathann »

Dwlee, how strong is your mysterious Townread of bugspray here? Because I don't think I'm seeing it, chief.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Nathann »

VOTE: Momrangal

If nobody is interested in Menalque, I would like to put this forward. She was given a pass because apparently she wasn't coasting, but her current play looks like textbook coasting. I didn't want to be an asshole and attack someone that is V/LA, but her posting when she's returned has been one post of keeping the status quo and not bothering to interact with anything I've said. Or almost anything anyone has said, really.

I'm coming around to thana being Town. I liked the way she called Dwlee out, I think it shows a genuine thought process. Also the continued defense of my slot as my wagon is growing feels unnecessary for her to do as scum.

@thana, could you share the things you're thinking of in ?

Hm, Menalque and I missed each other again. I dislike his push on Dwlee, as they still read Town to me for reasons, but otherwise I think I'm getting around to him maybe being Townie? Similarly to thana, I'm not sure why he defends me there as scum, and he also did a similar thing to BurgerParty, who currently feels like a very easy alternate target if they're Town.

Not impressed by VFP's vote on me, nor their case on T3. If I were more creative, I'd say they're saving an "easier" T3 miselimination for later in the game. But maybe it's too early for such tinfoils.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by Nathann »

I still respectfully disagree that her early posts were good, since the case on me felt very much playstyle-based rather than actually alignment-indicative, and filled with some weird jabs (like the T3-holiday-weekend one). I was hoping to be able to iron it out with her once she returned, but...
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:27 am

Post by Nathann »

I was also interested in how those things were applying to your reads, not only just what they are. You're not voting, so I can't tell what you're thinking.

And strongly disagree that bugspray's preceding posts at that time were Townie, I thought it was clear I didn't think they were.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #37) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:51 am

Post by Nathann »

I still don't understand what people are talking about when they're suspecting me for tone/language, this is just how I speak. And I'd think my posts so far make it clear that I am trying to open up communication, though obviously not just with you.

Here's a specific question. What do you think of Momrangal, and would you consider voting there with me?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #38) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:52 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 384, thana wrote:but rather helping me with the task of communicating what i am trying to communicate
I figured that's what you were trying to say, I thought it was included in my comment, but it might've come out confusing. My next question would've been "who do you do want to vote, then?", but maybe pause on that until the hood stuff is sorted out.

If the seemingly random discussion about hoods before wasn't hint enough, I thought the game was weirdly stagnant and that people weren't as responsive as they should've been. This explains it.

I'm also not in a hood. And I think it would be a good idea to publically claim them fully, now that you've started to.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #39) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:43 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 408, Menalque wrote:
In post 375, Nathann wrote:for reasons
Such as...?
I thought I saw something earlier, but after the hoods got partly claimed, I realize I might have been wrong. In any case, I feel like I saw a few posts in the earlier game from Dwlee that made me think they're more likely Town than not. Especially considering the bar is kind of low right now.

Why are you so sure that Momrangal is Town? She's done next to nothing this game, and the fact that's she's apparently different than in your scumgame with her, I highly doubt she'd be playing the same way with you around.

I don't understand why you're getting upset at the hood claims? It's not a massclaim, nobody is outing their Power Roles. The game (for the lack of better term) feels awkward, knowing who is with whom in a PT might be worth to figuring out why some people feel weird and informed.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #40) » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:09 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 438, bugspray wrote:town has not gotten any useful information in about 4 days
this is a gamestate scum likes and will support
> Posts nothing but useless shit and setup speculation for basically the whole game
> Outright refuses to solve or discuss when asked
> Has the nerve to complain about the gamestate, and without actually saying anything game-related?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (isolation #41) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:02 am

Post by Nathann »

VOTE: Dwlee

Should be back to E-1. I get bad feelings from their jump back onto me (while continuously yelling at Menalque) after they've said that they don't like my wagon because it seemed like scum was happy with it. Also, not sure what is trying to prove with regards to Menalque, considering there was no movement from their vote to that point anywhere.

Other than Momrangal, I felt some level of confidence to vote bugspray, because their weak jabs at me really felt off (and I don't love their vote with thana, suspect thana sequence), but they cannot be scum without Dwlee, so I'm fine with that flip. Worst case scenario, confirmation of bugspray's alignment would be useful.

I think Menalque is probably Town, I don't see why he starts building other wagons when he could've easily killed me. I'll try to check in as often as I can before deadline, but no promises.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (isolation #42) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:13 am

Post by Nathann »

How is that a bad look for Menalque? Rather, what do you expect to happen there if he was Town? No game-related movements also imply scum is happy with that vote if you're Town, no?

And yeah, pretty much. He's improved since coming back, and his play doesn't strike me as scum!motivated.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #43) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:20 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 530, Nathann wrote:How is that a bad look for Menalque? Rather, what do you expect to happen there if he was Town? No game-related movements also imply scum is happy with that vote if you're Town, no?
Sorry, this was referring to .

I've seen scum do the "weakly defending a suspected Townie to gain Towncred after their flip", but to me it definitely didn't look like Menalque was doing that. I felt an actual... conviction in his defense, I guess. And it's not necessarily true that people will automatically go back to pushing me tomorrow, especially if he ends up looking worse from your wagon. I guess that last scenario is possible from your pov, but I know it's not the case, so.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #44) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:29 am

Post by Nathann »

It seemed to me like was supposed to be saying Menalque is scum from that...

The only people I'd be interested in besides you are bugspray (who you obviously won't vote) or Momrangal (who I think is playing the way you described scum!her play, but who pretty much everyone Townreads even though nobody can tell me why). Maybe VFP if I squint, but that would be more of a coinflip/vague gutping than an actual Scumread.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (isolation #45) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:41 am

Post by Nathann »

I'm about to have to fuck off for real for a bit, so - Momrangal very much seemed like coasting scum and their case on me is still bad, T3 and BurgerParty are maybe Town for how people are kind of circling around them (also kind of reverse-PoE at this point), but I wouldn't be wrong if they're lurking scum, thana/Menalque are my Townreads, VFP is Fine except for their parked vote on me and somewhat weird play around T3, and I've already said what I think about bugspray.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #46) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:42 am

Post by Nathann »

In post 536, Nathann wrote:T3 and BurgerParty are maybe Town for how people are kind of circling around them (also kind of reverse-PoE at this point),
but I wouldn't be wrong if they're lurking scum
The bolded was meant to say "but I wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong and they're lurking scum", typed it in a hurry before having to leave.

Also I'm back. While certain behaviour about Dwlee (what I've written about before) certainly ring weird, I'm starting to wonder whether "bugspray is confirmed Town to me" is too bizarre of a hill to die on. On one hand, they needed a funky claim to save them, on the other... bugspray?

We don't have enough firepower here to turn this to Momrangal, right?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #47) » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:48 am

Post by Nathann »

T3 is one of the three currently here, no? Besides, he feels like a coinflip, and I'm still thinking of the VFP post that made me think that VFP is "saving" a T3 misyeet for later (the one where they say he's okay for now but that they'll be able to read him later or something, my memory is hazy right now and I'm lazy). I haven't read the spoiler from the hood, is there anything that could point to that?

pedit: ...nevermind then.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #48) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:33 pm

Post by Nathann »

Where do we get the idea that this is multiball? Considering we've seen two Traitor flips with the same alignment (i.e. Mafia), I'd assume it's decently unlikely. Also, only one kill last Night.
In post 580, Momrangal wrote:I'm sitting in the hospital but I'm looking at nathann
Of course you are. Do you have any arguments for why I'm scum that aren't "early posting is cagey"? Or any response to my reply to that?
In post 606, Menalque wrote:The mafia are always the uninformed minority bud
Uh. Anyway...

I really don't like VFP vote on Mena, it feels pretty forced based. I feel like I've heard of the Traitor-recruitment mechanic enough times in themes/opens that someone assuming it's in play wouldn't be far-fetched. And Menalque is clearly Town. I think my has aged nicely; I really don't see scum!Menalque decide to save me (and make it look like he believes in it) and then hardpush his Traitor. Besides, that back and fourth between Menalque and Dwlee would be award worthy if it's theater.

Likewise, I'm not sure bugspray hops off me to go back onto their Traitor. Unless there is a
third
Traitor who isn't/wasn't informed of the other Traitors, but that looks a bit like overkill. Otherwise, I guess the bugspray read is somewhat shaky depending on who would be informed of whom - is there general mechanical consensus on what is most likely here?

VFP, what are your current thoughts / reads? Or rather, I find it weird you focused on Dwlee's relations with bugspray when calling them scum, but basically ignored them when reading Menalque.

Is it too early in the Day to declare intent? I'll decide tomorrow.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (isolation #49) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:13 pm

Post by Nathann »

In post 650, Momrangal wrote:
In post 649, Nathann wrote:Of course you are. Do you have any arguments for why I'm scum that aren't "early posting is cagey"? Or any response to my reply to that?
Yes?

Any reason you avoided the question on who exactly arw the people giving me a pass?
I thought that was a general question not aimed at me, considering neither of the things you said after it apply to me - I was giving you a pass for the duration of your V/LA only, I voted you afterward you were back. And I voted for Dwlee.

I don't remember who was giving you a pass, let me check. After you were gone, bugspray, BurgerParty, T3, and VFP mentioned you barely or not at all, thana called your absence "?" but was still unwilling to vote you, Dwlee admitted they thought you were playing coast-y (which they earlier described as behaviour from scum!you) but then later said they think it's NAI if you flaked, and Menalque was Townreading you for other reasons.

So I guess the answer is... pretty much everyone other than me? Or nobody, if you want to be pedantic.

Is there a reason you're asking me that?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (isolation #50) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by Nathann »

In post 681, Momrangal wrote:
In post 651, Nathann wrote:Is there a reason you're asking me that?
Given the fact that it seems to be the biggest reason for your scum read on me in a game that's so low jn activity that it's easy to forget about. (Sorry pooky) I would hope that there was actual solid reasoning about this.

Your position around dweelee (or really any other wagon) is like ???

From my perspective, you're reallt the only one who's given me any kind of pass or defense due to activity or posting pattern.

Early game with a defense of what pretty much was an rvs post, and my lack of activity during the week of the 4th literally no body else had any kind of opinion of my inactivity so it kinda sounds like you are looking for any reason to make a push.

Also given that this is your primary reason, i find it ridiculous that you can't even remember your own supporting evidence
I'm sorry, what are you talking about? Am I reading wrong, or are you accusing me of both suspecting you
and
giving you a pass for lurking? Especially since I don't think I did either?

I said I wouldn't push you for being V/LA, sure, because I assume we're all decent human beings here who wouldn't abuse that kind of thing for an in-game advantage. But my push on you never had anything to do with your activity - my scumread on you was due to your original case on me being garbage, and due to you not posting anything of notice / interacting with the game / with me once you were out of V/LA. Where are you getting that your inactivity was my "primary reason" for pushing you?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (isolation #51) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:18 pm

Post by Nathann »

So Menalque doesn't yell at me: I did not shoot thana.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (isolation #52) » Wed Jul 14, 2021 1:45 pm

Post by Nathann »

In post 649, Nathann wrote:VFP, what are your current thoughts / reads? Or rather, I find it weird you focused on Dwlee's relations with bugspray when calling them scum, but basically ignored them when reading Menalque.
To add to the above, how many scum do you think there are in this game? Considering they're off E-1, VOTE: VFP
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (isolation #53) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:52 pm

Post by Nathann »

Could we not vote yet? I'm mulling over some things and wondering if today could be ELo. And whether massclaim is a good idea.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #751 (isolation #54) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:58 pm

Post by Nathann »

In post 742, bugspray wrote:what's up with the thana hood who was in that
There is no thana Hood. She flipped Mafia Traitor, she wasn't a Neighbour.
In post 746, T3 wrote:I'm not sure why the mafia's kill didn't go through. I was expecting a 4 player today.
There was a kill last Night...?
In post 748, T3 wrote:We know bugspray is groupscum and Momrangal is likely a trIaitor.
How do we know this again?
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (isolation #55) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:10 pm

Post by Nathann »

Also, what I wanted to respond to Yesterday but didn't get a chance to:
In post 695, Momrangal wrote:Oh
OMGUS
Ok then.
In post 696, Momrangal wrote:
In post 685, Nathann wrote:and due to you not posting anything of notice / interacting with the game / with me once you were out of V/LA.
Also literally activity
Are you playing dense on purpose? My case on you wasn't OMGUS, it was calling out your bullshit read on me. There's a difference there, and if you're trying to tell me that calling out your "hey, calling me out for demanding content from T3 on a holiday even though he was clearly posting in thread" and the other points you raised is just "OMGUS", you're purposefully twisting it.

And that is clearly not suspecting you for activity? For reference, is suspecting you over coasting (which was described by Dwlee as your scum meta) because your only post when you came back was nothingburger not interacting with anything (). That's not "activity". If I gave a shit about activity, I'd have been all over BurgerParty long ago.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (isolation #56) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:14 pm

Post by Nathann »

Oh, I also had a thought how Yetserday, both (at the time) flipped scum had made posts that were basically "yeah, Momrangal is a bit suspicious, some things aren't great, but I still wouldn't vote there Today." ( and ) Though I'm seriously rethinking that part of the case right now.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (isolation #57) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:50 pm

Post by Nathann »

Are those not just standard Town and Mafia win conditions of "eliminate the other faction"? And you haven't answered my .
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #759 (isolation #58) » Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:11 pm

Post by Nathann »

What Town kill are you talking about, how would that even work...? And was/is the possibility of multiball still on the table?

And it's not? Mafia's win condition is generally "eliminate all Town", with an "or until nothing can prevent that" sometimes added.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (isolation #59) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:31 am

Post by Nathann »

Are you fucking kidding me, the flips were real? And my passing thought of "hey, that counterclaim sounded like a Masonry" turned out to be correct?

For a decent amount of the game (from the first flip up until Menalque's), I thought the game's trick was that the flips are reversed. "Dead Silence", the dead know what's going on, but they cannot say. Then I thought it was "everyone flips Mafia". But nope, we just really suck at being groupscum apparently.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (isolation #60) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:35 am

Post by Nathann »

"No way scum is that bad to not manage to kill a single Town in 4 kills" my ass. Holy hell I am still confused on what happened here.

Thank you for modding Pooky, I had fun.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #798 (isolation #61) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Nathann »

Subject: Micro 1019: Dead PT
thana wrote:
In post 37, thana wrote:
In post 36, Nathann wrote:Are you voting for someone that you think is Town?
are you?
throughout this series of posts i thought nathann was looking for a traitor, and i thought i was telling nathann 'i am the traitor you are looking for' lol
I very much did not get that. What a shitfest. This was great.
Nathann
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Nathann
He/They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (isolation #62) » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:24 pm

Post by Nathann »

Subject: Dead Silence Neighborhood
bugspray wrote:Fuck why why did I not read that it was bastard. I saw closed and was like hooray a normal finally time to play a micro and then I get a town role pm and then play and find out it's bastard and now four flips in they are literally all scum
Never change, bugspray.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”