Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

also what about my play reads as "scripted" like omfg that's the most ridiculous thing I've seen yet
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:43 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1225, Gamma Emerald wrote:also what about my play reads as "scripted" like omfg that's the most ridiculous thing I've seen yet
Classic LOL defense!
It's over for you gammy-kun uwu
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1224, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1222, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1219, nomnomnom wrote:Also I've personally never mentioned you being scum with Elsa. I just think you're scummy in a vacuum!
Really?

Despite my little comment about the half-baked PoE earlier? Seems you do have some reason to think me scum with Elsa. So go on, show just how despicable of a scum partner you believe me to be!
That's dunn's point, not mine. And your reaction to this entire point is a big reason why I scumread you.
And it's not necessarily because you're Elsa's partner. I think the source of your frustration is that you're scum that isn't actually partnered with elsa and frustrated they're getting limmed because people read you as scum with Elsa because that wouldn't be the case. In short, scum caught for the wrong reason!
There are still other things pointing to you as scum, but I hope that answers your question :P
pedit: I know A50 to be a bit more confident than to basically be scared to vote people in case he gets it wrong, I know we just played Screaming together and that demoralized him quite a bit but it's still uncharacteristic
A50 and I are rather close so I think I'm more qualified to speak for whether something is characteristic of him, and I would say that post is.
as for being "caught for the wrong reason", you never established any pretense of that before
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:49 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

But you know I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here:
What's making you vote Dunn over, say, Kitty?
I mean you checked Kitty for a reason right? So what's going on with that read?
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1215, nomnomnom wrote:I mean I've read it, and I see your actions as scum motivated but you seem to disagree, so I'm giving you a chance to show me I'm wrong :]
pedit: well if you're from that scum faction that would be pretty bad wouldn't it?
:P
In post 1224, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 1222, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1219, nomnomnom wrote:Also I've personally never mentioned you being scum with Elsa. I just think you're scummy in a vacuum!
Really?

Despite my little comment about the half-baked PoE earlier? Seems you do have some reason to think me scum with Elsa. So go on, show just how despicable of a scum partner you believe me to be!
That's dunn's point, not mine. And your reaction to this entire point is a big reason why I scumread you.
And it's not necessarily because you're Elsa's partner. I think the source of your frustration is that you're scum that isn't actually partnered with elsa and frustrated they're getting limmed because people read you as scum with Elsa because that wouldn't be the case.
In short, scum caught for the wrong reason!
There are still other things pointing to you as scum, but I hope that answers your question :P
pedit: I know A50 to be a bit more confident than to basically be scared to vote people in case he gets it wrong, I know we just played Screaming together and that demoralized him quite a bit but it's still uncharacteristic
these do not track at all
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1228, nomnomnom wrote:But you know I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here:
I'm voting Dunn because he's more actively scum than Kitty at this moment
plus, yaknow, would rather not be having a vanity vote rn
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:54 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

you know what, I have a question for YOU. You've pretty steadily said I'm scummy past a certain point, but never given solid reasons as to why. I'm calling your bluff. What exactly do you think I've been doing that's scummy, and what's the underlying scum motivation behind it?
<Embrace The Void>

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:58 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 1230, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1228, nomnomnom wrote:But you know I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here:
I'm voting Dunn because he's more actively scum than Kitty at this moment
plus, yaknow, would rather not be having a vanity vote rn
Okay, so what's your read on Kitty?
In post 1231, Gamma Emerald wrote:you know what, I have a question for YOU. You've pretty steadily said I'm scummy past a certain point, but never given solid reasons as to why. I'm calling your bluff. What exactly do you think I've been doing that's scummy, and what's the underlying scum motivation behind it?
I've said it before. Your entire dayplay today has been quite scummy, you read as a bit panicky, and that GS claim was especially scummy in the way it happened.
You also have shifty stances when re-reading your iso. It doesn't feel decisive at all on a lot of slots, namely kitty.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think kitty is scummy
and I will admit my stances during D1 weren't many but I wouldn't call them shifty. I think my kitty stance has steadily been finding them suspicious, especially past the three post I called out. Besides that, your entire scumread seems based on my D2 play which doesn't mesh with what you've previously said about me.
<Embrace The Void>

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:05 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

You're right that there were also elements in day 1 that made me think you're scum, and I've pointed it out when it happened there as well :P
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

when it happened you say?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 960, nomnomnom wrote:scumpings from gamma
your only mention of finding anything from me scummy D1
wanna run that by me again?
<Embrace The Void>

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:09 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

Regardless of any of this, your vote on Dunn is bad. All the votes on Dunn are pretty bad. I can somewhat understand HEM thinking he's a god that found a slip, but your vote and Nero's vote are just pretty bad. Dunn is obviously town to me here and has been actively sorting for a while, both yesterday and today. There's nothing that point to scum!dunn here. But you're free to make your case.
pedit: sure!
I said that because you came off as frustrated over jokes being posted and tonally speaking it feels scummy especially coming from a player like you.
That's mainly what pinged me.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1206, nomnomnom wrote:I read the thread.
Votes on Dunn and Cyrus are atrocious, both are obviously town here, come on.
Monkey my dood my bro I love your style but your slip on Dunn is bad, Dunn is trying to solve here and it's pretty obvious from my POV. Probably town ;)
Gamma's pretty scummy all around from all his actions this game and only started scumreading Dunn when he realized the PoE was tightening around him.
VOTE: Gamma
In post 1201, humaneatingmonkey wrote:While we're here, who was neighborized by T3? Maybe we should confirm that claim.
I got neighborized by T3.
and don't try to walk this back now either
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1237, nomnomnom wrote:Regardless of any of this, your vote on Dunn is bad. All the votes on Dunn are pretty bad. I can somewhat understand HEM thinking he's a god that found a slip, but your vote and Nero's vote are just pretty bad. Dunn is obviously town to me here and has been actively sorting for a while, both yesterday and today. There's nothing that point to scum!dunn here. But you're free to make your case.
I said that because you came off as frustrated over jokes being posted and tonally speaking it feels scummy especially coming from a player like you.
nah that wasn't the vibe I was aiming for

this was the vibe I had in mind
<Embrace The Void>

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:11 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Gamma: the very fact that Dunn is semi-active in this game should be an indicator he's not scum

@nom: if interested, I can explain my "mood" at this time, but i don't think it'd benefit anyone, as it's not purely related to just the game of Mafia (I.e. there are other IRL reasons involved), but don't you worry, as i will bounce back in no time (just as soon as this heat wave is over, my land line is restored, I've gotten more sleep than 5 hours in the past 40 hours or so... etc)

That -of course- on top of what you already witnessed (the game related part).

Actually, if the phone guy is telling the truth (and he rarely is) then 50% of my problems should be solved in the next 3 hours. Just keep your fingers crossed for me

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:13 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
pedit: it's okay A50, tbh I'm mostly concerned about your wellbeing because this is obviously not game related and I care about you as a person and I find games with you enjoyable, so it kinda hurts me to see you like this. Hope you feel better my dude :)
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

A50 are u suggesting that Dunn is only active as town and inactive as scum?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1237, nomnomnom wrote:Regardless of any of this, your vote on Dunn is bad. All the votes on Dunn are pretty bad. I can somewhat understand HEM thinking he's a god that found a slip, but your vote and Nero's vote are just pretty bad. Dunn is obviously town to me here and has been actively sorting for a while, both yesterday and today. There's nothing that point to scum!dunn here. But you're free to make your case.
I haven't really felt dunn's presence until late D1, which initially made me suspect he was lurky scum, which is something I tend to see from him
after he started being active however he's shown a horribly unbalanced drive to sort the game that clearly focuses on the werewolf team over the mafia team, and I think HEM does have a point about the slip that Dunnstral was way too confident in what the mafia should have done. I also have picked up a few individual posts I don't like that I think come from scum
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1240, Almost50 wrote:@Gamma: the very fact that Dunn is semi-active in this game should be an indicator he's not scum
he didn't really feel active until later into D1 though, and I think his ISO when you look at ISO number vs. post number should corroborate this
<Embrace The Void>

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:36 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

I've slept on it. I think Gamma is town.

Hard crumbling to A50 like that and even dropping game numbers were more dangerous to do that as scum than as town. If he was NK'd by scum!A50 and flipped Werewolf, what purpose would it have to declare what he did in twilight?

Also, I can believe the GS claim. It was done early enough.

Dunn's conviction that Gamma was the scum was nonsense.
In post 1206, nomnomnom wrote:Monkey my dood my bro I love your style but your slip on Dunn is bad, Dunn is trying to solve here and it's pretty obvious from my POV. Probably town
How is it bad? Dunn solving could just be explained as a bussing teammate trying to cement the narrative that scum never bussed. Elsa's wagon was not going to die, even with the fake switch up in the end. Notably, no one tried to take Elsa on his word for it other than cyrus62. If Elsa was indeed never bussed, I would have expected more resistance when that claim happened. Instead, we just accepted that scum never bussed and that they're outside the wagon. Why is that? It makes better sense that Werewolves were bussing at that point.

Plus, coming here D2 with 2 random dead bodies and no indication who killed who, he made a declaration that the mafia was trying to target town with no real obvious indications. That was sus and TMI as hell.

Let's elim Dunn. If he flips scum, check real hard for the mafia team on Gamma's wagon.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:36 pm

In post 1243, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think HEM does have a point about the slip that Dunnstral was way too confident in what the mafia should have done.
Thank you!
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:37 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

It doesn't make sense because this is a multiball game and bussing your partner is seriously risky.
I'm fairly convinced Dunn is town from how he posted yesterday and his posts today. It's solvy. I refuse to consider him scum here.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:38 pm

In post 1237, nomnomnom wrote:All the votes on Dunn are pretty bad.
Tell me how Dunn is outside of his scum range here.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:39 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1242, Nero Cain wrote:A50 are u suggesting that Dunn is only active as town and inactive as scum?
I am. In fact, as far as I can remember his low level activity is NAI, but when he is active he is more likely town

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”