Open 820: The Siege of Aurelia — Game Over!

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:04 am

Post by PenguinPower »

:shifty:
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:04 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 23, unwnd wrote:Not his scumgame that's for certain
Ah - I see.
<(") | (")>
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:05 am

Post by T3 »

If I'm getting scumread for reasons other than "opportunistic vote hopping" or "lurking" thrn I'm probably scum.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:01 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Sup nerds VOTE: Gate
Pile onto gate now
She/Her - limited access on nights and weekends

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
The day senpai noticed me^
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:02 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 8, catboi wrote:I'm going to treat any early movement as a scumclaim, though.
So, about this...
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:03 am

Post by unwnd »

My skin crawled as well
Stop
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:03 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

T3 join me at gate

"No ssbm is not grudging me. She's one of my favorites on the website, and i wanna say vice versa." - Transcend
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:04 am

Post by catboi »

In post 29, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 8, catboi wrote:I'm going to treat any early movement as a scumclaim, though.
So, about this...
That's about what I expected but I'm going to stick to my word there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:09 am

Post by Something_Smart »

Unwnd was the one who did the insta jump last game as scum right? Would you have done it as town?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:12 am

Post by unwnd »

It's hard to interpret really. I was scum there so I can tell you my motivations for doing so previously-- which was basically mitigating control. I jumped early because I wanted to limit town's options to synchronize, and because I felt the ~~no fear~~ approach would be townie. Is Kyouko doing the exact same thing? I don't know because he doesn't have the same experience as I do now.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:14 am

Post by unwnd »

She*

My mistake
Stop
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:07 am

Post by implosion »

Good morning!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:28 am

Post by implosion »

unwnd is quite town for page 2. catboi to a lesser extent.

I think there's some amount of advantage we could eke out by controlling where people go but I think we also can get a fair amount of useful info just from where people decide to go on their own. unwnd, since you were specifically worried as scum about town's options to synchronize, I'm curious what exactly you didn't want town to have the option to do.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:33 am

Post by T3 »

In post 28, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Sup nerds VOTE: Gate
Pile onto gate now
I orginally thought this was scummy, but then I thought it was towny, now I realize this is NAI :o
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:33 am

Post by T3 »

In post 37, implosion wrote:unwnd is quite town for page 2. catboi to a lesser extent.

I think there's some amount of advantage we could eke out by controlling where people go but I think we also can get a fair amount of useful info just from where people decide to go on their own. unwnd, since you were specifically worried as scum about town's options to synchronize, I'm curious what exactly you didn't want town to have the option to do.
Congrats. You are scum who has pulled reads out of your ass.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:38 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 37, implosion wrote:unwnd is quite town for page 2. catboi to a lesser extent.

Yeah I'm willing to divulge a bit. I'm sure scum is already aware of it, but there's a mechanic that allows them to switch people. This works in town's favor as well however given
that two scum cannot be in the same place
. Therefore, my intent in the last game was to not make any sudden movements. I didn't want to confirm any information basically. The town in that game tried to use I believe Keep(?) to box in scumreads or something to that effect. We ended up exactly 1-1-1 in terms of wagon makeup where Ydrasse followed my lead, and then catboi just happened to find himself elsewhere too. I think it's a dangerous game (for scum) if they just let townies start plotting because then the onus is put onto them, and it becomes a matter of reacting less to what town does and more about complying and hoping that their plans are misguided.
Stop
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:42 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 39, T3 wrote:

I forgive you for your seal comment.
<(") | (")>
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:42 am

Post by implosion »

In post 39, T3 wrote:

I'm not, but good try!
In post 40, unwnd wrote:Yeah I'm willing to divulge a bit. I'm sure scum is already aware of it, but there's a mechanic that allows them to switch people. This works in town's favor as well however given that two scum cannot be in the same place. Therefore, my intent in the last game was to not make any sudden movements. I didn't want to confirm any information basically. The town in that game tried to use I believe Keep(?) to box in scumreads or something to that effect. We ended up exactly 1-1-1 in terms of wagon makeup where Ydrasse followed my lead, and then catboi just happened to find himself elsewhere too. I think it's a dangerous game (for scum) if they just let townies start plotting because then the onus is put onto them, and it becomes a matter of reacting less to what town does and more about complying and hoping that their plans are misguided.
This is roughly what I figured; notably a single person doing an early jump has no impact on this plan because it doesn't matter
that
much which of the three locations we use for which purpose if we do want to go this route.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:43 am

Post by implosion »

In post 38, T3 wrote:
In post 28, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Sup nerds VOTE: Gate
Pile onto gate now
I orginally thought this was scummy, but then I thought it was towny, now I realize this is NAI :o
This post is pretty "hello world, I have an internal thought process! Guess I can't be scum!"
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:44 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 34, unwnd wrote:It's hard to interpret really. I was scum there so I can tell you my motivations for doing so previously-- which was basically mitigating control. I jumped early because I wanted to limit town's options to synchronize, and because I felt the ~~no fear~~ approach would be townie. Is Kyouko doing the exact same thing? I don't know because he doesn't have the same experience as I do now.
That's funny you thought that as scum before, because I didnt want to give scum time to plan anything.

T3 you're a lurksack so if you dont get into Gate I'll treat it as a scumclaim. Scum does not want you at Gate as they either have to swap you (takes away their agency), IC you (gives you a clear when lurkers are usually bait), or try to mislim you (you have the defense that you're bait)

So if you're town get in. If any others hammer gate before T3 that's also a scumclaim

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:45 am

Post by T3 »

In post 40, unwnd wrote:

Yeah I'm willing to divulge a bit. I'm sure scum is already aware of it, but there's a mechanic that allows them to switch people. This works in town's favor as well however given
that two scum cannot be in the same place
. Therefore, my intent in the last game was to not make any sudden movements. I didn't want to confirm any information basically. The town in that game tried to use I believe Keep(?) to box in scumreads or something to that effect. We ended up exactly 1-1-1 in terms of wagon makeup where Ydrasse followed my lead, and then catboi just happened to find himself elsewhere too. I think it's a dangerous game (for scum) if they just let townies start plotting because then the onus is put onto them, and it becomes a matter of reacting less to what town does and more about complying and hoping that their plans are misguided.
*says that in main thread*
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:46 am

Post by unwnd »

The sooner we are to reveal information (e.g voting before proper discussion) the quicker scum will use said information

I'm not sure if your idea fits your intent
Stop
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:47 am

Post by T3 »

In post 44, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 34, unwnd wrote:It's hard to interpret really. I was scum there so I can tell you my motivations for doing so previously-- which was basically mitigating control. I jumped early because I wanted to limit town's options to synchronize, and because I felt the ~~no fear~~ approach would be townie. Is Kyouko doing the exact same thing? I don't know because he doesn't have the same experience as I do now.
That's funny you thought that as scum before, because I didnt want to give scum time to plan anything.

T3 you're a lurksack so if you dont get into Gate I'll treat it as a scumclaim. Scum does not want you at Gate as they either have to swap you (takes away their agency), IC you (gives you a clear when lurkers are usually bait), or try to mislim you (you have the defense that you're bait)

So if you're town get in. If any others hammer gate before T3 that's also a scumclaim
I don't lurk.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:48 am

Post by implosion »

There's 3 scum, and this is a pretty quality playerlist. I'm not really worried about "giving scum information" like there isn't going to be scum who know how to think about a setup like this.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:48 am

Post by unwnd »

So you're fine with kyouko hammering just like that?
Stop

Return to “Completed Open Games”