Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:29 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 295, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 290, The Resistance wrote:
In post 286, Dannflor wrote:This is what people are referring to as the slip, Titus
That post makes no sense as a slip because T3 could never get away with that as a serious claim because I would out it as a meme almost immediately. :/

~Titus
I feel like that makes sense as to why you immediately dismissed his informed miller claim,

But you were also completely unfazed by the "mafia PT" post, by the self vote, and by the Loyal Babysitter claim?
And with this post Luke joins Peta. <3
Echolocation
Echolocation
Goon
Echolocation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:30 am

Post by Echolocation »

Manatee feels chill. Luke is (?) from first post.
The Resistance
The Resistance
Goon
The Resistance
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:31 am

Post by The Resistance »

In post 295, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 290, The Resistance wrote:
In post 286, Dannflor wrote:This is what people are referring to as the slip, Titus
That post makes no sense as a slip because T3 could never get away with that as a serious claim because I would out it as a meme almost immediately. :/

~Titus
I feel like that makes sense as to why you immediately dismissed his informed miller claim,

But you were also completely unfazed by the "mafia PT" post, by the self vote, and by the Loyal Babysitter claim?
Already explained the "mafia PT" post to Dannflor. The Loyal Babysitter is likely just T3 still memeing. Like I never trust a D1 claim from T3 and the less he memes, the scummier he is.

~Titus
Hydra of Titus and Ircher.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Dannflor »

I don't really have a read on morph the cat despite their volume of posts which is a little worrying

like there's an aggressive charisma there but a lot of the posts feel performative in a NAI way. I don't think the case on T3 is super indicative either way. at that point it is assumed T3 will be dead either way - which ever way T3 flips, piling on more actually makes morph look good because multiball

I like Echo's recent posts

Celestial Powerhouse seems fiiine
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:32 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 302, Echolocation wrote:Manatee feels chill. Luke is (?) from first post.
My thoughts are a mirror opposite of these.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:32 am

Post by Dannflor »

for what absolutely little it's worth I also read the loyal babysitter as a joke right before I replaced in
Echolocation
Echolocation
Goon
Echolocation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:32 am

Post by Echolocation »

In post 217, The Resistance wrote:
In post 85, morph the cat wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and call that bluff...

VOTE: T3
It is indeed an inside joke. Why T3 makes a joke to me is anybody's guess. See Deco (mini normal). He claimed the same thing, never retracted and got eliminated as town. It was a gambit to get scum to claim the role.

~Titus
I think my issue knowing that it's an inside joke is that it's... hm. It feels like something to pull to fit in a bit much, to be SO at ease/casual as town that you throw out a joke to try and get the people who know it to nudge their elbows at you and go "I got you buddy, don't worry." It's like, once is a gambit twice is ""performative.""
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:33 am

Post by Dannflor »

Echo, elaborate on manatee?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:33 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 307, Echolocation wrote:
In post 217, The Resistance wrote:
In post 85, morph the cat wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and call that bluff...

VOTE: T3
It is indeed an inside joke. Why T3 makes a joke to me is anybody's guess. See Deco (mini normal). He claimed the same thing, never retracted and got eliminated as town. It was a gambit to get scum to claim the role.

~Titus
I think my issue knowing that it's an inside joke is that it's... hm. It feels like something to pull to fit in a bit much, to be SO at ease/casual as town that you throw out a joke to try and get the people who know it to nudge their elbows at you and go "I got you buddy, don't worry." It's like, once is a gambit twice is ""performative.""
But, I like this, and I'm a little squinty-eyed at titus for not having that thought, herself.
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Kazyan »

In post 212, The Resistance wrote:
In post 38, Kazyan wrote:RQS answers:

1) No, 2) Several, but I won't elaborate, 3) Bacon and jalapenos.
Why are you answering an RQS when one hasn't even been posted?
I was doing the "weird answers make you wonder what the weird questions were" joke; I probably should have made them weirder.
In post 212, The Resistance wrote:
In post 120, Kazyan wrote:So, like, at least in the Newbie queue, it's harder to slip because the scum PT is in an obvious soft purple color instead of the main thread's black background. Is it the same for grown-up Mafia, or is that just how PTs work?
That's how PTs work... You've never played a non-newbie game?
I've played in two non-newbie games before this one, but I have only been scum once, which was in that Newbie game.
Echolocation
Echolocation
Goon
Echolocation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:37 am

Post by Echolocation »

In post 305, morph the cat wrote:
In post 302, Echolocation wrote:Manatee feels chill. Luke is (?) from first post.
Really?

I've not played with Manatee but I got the "pure" vibe from them which like, yeah I know, but it works.

And Luke felt a little stilted on entrance as if he was like "hi I don't know what to say oh wow haha eight pages!" Which like, I expected more panic maybe or frustration given how Tarot went for him as in "oh god stuff is happening what did I miss this time do I get to even have a role." His posting after is better, though.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:38 am

Post by Dannflor »

Kazyan, did you really write #120 without thinking once "people will pick up on the fact that I'm implying I don't have a PT this game"

or are ya being a little performative here

you can be honest with me
Echolocation
Echolocation
Goon
Echolocation
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Echolocation »

Let Kaz wear their silly little performer's outfit if they want.

Spoiler:
I think they're being genuine if that is their experience with PTs so far.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:39 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 306, Dannflor wrote:for what absolutely little it's worth I also read the loyal babysitter as a joke right before I replaced in
idk, I think I would immediately read each individual one as a joke coming from T3, but seeing so many different ones coming all back to back seemed... different then the joking I expect from T3.

I think I am back to null on the slot with the Dann rep in, I am a bit surprised that Titus was so sure he was town the whole time.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 311, Echolocation wrote:
Really?

I've not played with Manatee but I got the "pure" vibe from them which like, yeah I know, but it works.

And Luke felt a little stilted on entrance as if he was like "hi I don't know what to say oh wow haha eight pages!" Which like, I expected more panic maybe or frustration given how Tarot went for him as in "oh god stuff is happening what did I miss this time do I get to even have a role." His posting after is better, though.
mostly reading them by how they reacted to T3 / my wagon, but I'd Manatee's "pure" vibe actually feels to me more like staying out of the way and keeping with the as-lukewarm-takes-as-possible (hehe) - Lukewarm feels like he's trying to get into the game more aggressively, given his vote on me and subsequent immediate unvote, it's just surface level more awkward than manatee who feels like she's hanging back
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 311, Echolocation wrote:
Really?

You think I would panic this game because I was in 1 game that ended after 3 hours?

I have played enough games, to know that that game was the anomoly, not the norm
Celestial Powerhouse
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Celestial Powerhouse »

In post 262, Dannflor wrote:oh my lord T3 what on earth
This kinda reads like someone who didn't know what they were walking into, which is hard to believe if the game waa reas before rapping in

ZEUS FOUND A MENTAL DISCREPANCY
Once again, the brothers
Zues
Posoiden
and
Hedas
roam the earth, searching for entertainment.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:44 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 314, Lukewarm wrote:idk, I think I would immediately read each individual one as a joke coming from T3, but seeing so many different ones coming all back to back seemed... different then the joking I expect from T3.
my hypothesis is that it was the classic tale of realizing something didn't land quite the way you wanted it to, and then digging a deeper and deeper hole for yourself not by admitting you were wrong, but by trying to lay on the joke thicker

it's an awkward way to deal with it as either alignment - but I think if you do actually read everything T3 posted as a joke it comes out as net NAI and more indicative of not handling a social situation well
Kazyan
Kazyan
Goon
Kazyan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:44 am

Post by Kazyan »

In post 312, Dannflor wrote:Kazyan, did you really write #120 without thinking once "people will pick up on the fact that I'm implying I don't have a PT this game"

or are ya being a little performative here

you can be honest with me
You're not being honest with me, so idk why I should

I knew people would get the implication, though. I was indeed confused about how your predecessor scum-slipped, as well.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:44 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 317, Celestial Powerhouse wrote:
This kinda reads like someone who didn't know what they were walking into, which is hard to believe if the game waa reas before rapping in

this was specifically my response to reading the "townie" role pm if that helps

which was about the last thing I expected to read
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:45 am

Post by ManateeDude »

In post 281, Dannflor wrote:like manatee, I haven't seen someone hedge so much on an apparent scum slip before now

it reads like you're trying to give T3 an out, he takes the out, and then you're just like ah well I can't be blamed for this if it flips town
I don't quite get where you derived the last bit from?? Idk I just approached the T3 situation giving a line of questioning that I thought was reasonable given the situation. asking him a question shouldn't mean I'm trying to give him an out?
manatee not-a-dude (manateegal or just manatee works!!)
purgatory is in hell phase 2
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:46 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 321, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 281, Dannflor wrote:like manatee, I haven't seen someone hedge so much on an apparent scum slip before now

it reads like you're trying to give T3 an out, he takes the out, and then you're just like ah well I can't be blamed for this if it flips town
I don't quite get where you derived the last bit from?? Idk I just approached the T3 situation giving a line of questioning that I thought was reasonable given the situation. asking him a question shouldn't mean I'm trying to give him an out?
well what exactly did you derive from that line of questioning?
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:47 am

Post by ManateeDude »

I'm not quite sure how I should've engaged to be more definite in my standing on T3
manatee not-a-dude (manateegal or just manatee works!!)
purgatory is in hell phase 2
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:48 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 317, Celestial Powerhouse wrote:

Is that discrepancy dependent on the assumption that Dann read the game before repping in? What makes you sure he did that?

He repped in only like ~30 mins after T3 requested replacement.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”