Celestial Powerhouse
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Celestial Powerhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:46 am

Post by Celestial Powerhouse »

OK I got woke up to my ass getting zapped, a rain storm and thunder.

This means one of two things...

Zeus is pissed, or my brothers are howling with laughter.

and then I find from Kakeguri Addicts in my morning tributes... So this case is either dead or my brothers want me to deal with it...

In post 933, Kakeguri Addicts wrote: - "we're anon for a reason". But then, in they remark that pooky should know who one of the heads are.
^This bothers me because it's not consistent. This is my weakest point against them.
Honey thats because those posts were made by different heads. We're like Cerbie. One head is power tripping, the other is salty and the last is just trying to make the best of being the youngest brother stuck in the underworld. On the upside, people are generally dying to meet me.

The threads of the Fates are stronger than this point, and have you seen those scissors?
In post 933, Kakeguri Addicts wrote: -:
In post 317, Celestial Powerhouse wrote:
In post 262, Dannflor wrote:oh my lord T3 what on earth
This kinda reads like someone who didn't know what they were walking into, which is hard to believe if the game waa reas before rapping in

ZEUS FOUND A MENTAL DISCREPANCY
^Dannflor never claimed to have read before replacing in. This is failure to understand #1, where their view of the game is not what has actually happened.
At risk of getting bolted again, Zeus likes to jump the gun.
He also likes to make Apollo race his bolts.
In post 933, Kakeguri Addicts wrote: - "i should go see the "Mod Influence" posts again.
^As far as I can tell, this never gets brought up again. I remember I thought this was a bit weird when it happened, because I didn't think to focus on that as opposed to T3's claim and then the change of claim when Dannflor replaced in. This isn't a failure to understand, but it is a disconnect with what I'd expect.
Yeah, that was me. Because I went and cross checked things, and wanted to check with my brothers to see what they thought. Mod influence was BS, things are as declared. Nothing more to say sweetie.

I had some admin work to do after this, and haven't caught up, but hey, it beats trying to train Cerberus. Ever tried training a 3 headed dog? You tell it to lie down, one head obeys, the other sniffs your butt and the last finds a fly to try and catch.
In post 933, Kakeguri Addicts wrote: - "no, when I say dying I definitely just mean alive and well and in the game."
^This is failure to understand #2. Post seems pretty straightforward in asking whether they mean through elimination or the night kill, but they don't initially catch this, and go as far to say they should vote Uncle Shelby for this.
Aint' clear actually. Doesn't make much difference to me but "eliminations" can happen at day or night. Depends on what terminology you use.
I prefer "lost a game of murder in the dark" personally.
Being interesting in voting someone, isn't saying they should vote someone sweetheart. Semantics are important.
In post 933, Kakeguri Addicts wrote: - "I was so happy with being middle tier on someone's reads list. why'd you ruin that?"
^This is failure to understand #3. Unwnd's list is not a reads list (except for the bottom tier). This is something Unwnd explained in both his next and previous posts.
If you're skimming like I would be, I'd read it as a tiered reads list.
though its interesting we're mentioned twice. I'll have a closer look at this when it comes to it.
See this is where I see you know how to speak the lingo, because I don't see an explaination immediately before, and in a skim it'd take me a couple goes to catch it.
In post 933, Kakeguri Addicts wrote: - "I dont really like how "correct" dann's reads feel. they feel like they are "right" and Im not sure how to explain that feeling. they just fit in so well and I dont question them when typically I pick at people's reads lists."
_Dann's reads:
[unwnd]
[lukewarm, echo, kazyan, celestial?]
[morph the cat, resistance]
[manatee, uncle shelby]
[..., ...]
^I am of the opposite opinion. This reads list in is sort of crazy. Specifically: Unwnd at the very top, echo, kazyan, celestial all townreads as of 327, Uncle Shelby as a scumread. I didn't agree with that at all... their argument in 890 isn't a good argument because, as far as I can tell, the reads in 327 weren't consensus anyway
I was getting a consensus feelin from that list as I was reading it.
Pretty sure I remember others agreeing.

If thats all you got, I'm going to go skim the many many pages that appeared for me. My verdict is the case is dead. *pbbbbbbpht!*

I just know Cerbie is going to slobber all over me before I'm done.. he's already tried typing...
Once again, the brothers
Zues
Posoiden
and
Hedas
roam the earth, searching for entertainment.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:48 am

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 1223, unwnd wrote:
In post 1222, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 1217, unwnd wrote:
In post 1203, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 1024, unwnd wrote:This is another large theme game where I find trust very hard to find. I think my problem stems from the fact that maybe I respect others too much. Petapan, Morph the Cat, Kakeguri, Lukewarm. You know the people I was talking about being deliberate/meaningful. I respect their aptitude but it's not clicking here. Is this the fault with me or is it just multiball/D1 jitters where you can't really produce a coherent list given that you have a lot of fucking distancing going on. I'm not ready to trust given there are two factions that could try to kill me and the last multiball game I ended up with two shots in the chest. Lucky me.

I think if I were to seperate these 4 however in terms of readability over time it'd be something like Lukewarm -> Kakeguri -> Morph -> Peta. Peta takes great pride in his scumgame and likes trying different shit out. Morph probably is flexible as well. I like their content but that doesn't equate to trust. If you're tired of hearing me throw that word around get used to it. I think the terminology Cabd enjoys using is a pass. I would maybe given Peta/Morph a pass beyond D1 but that's likely guaranteed because they are not scum that dies D1. My efforts are more focused on killing low equity wolves/mafia and then seeing how potential bigshots who are aligned with them react to it.

I think right now Whemey is scum. Gut feelings resided by his chauvinistic behavior. Whemey is not exactly the knight who leads a bunch of mercenaries into battle for a noble cause. He's more of a self-proclaimed hero who tries to rout out evil when he sees it. Yet why was he was operating differently and trying to get people to join his cause? And on who exactly? T3? The person who is ubiquitously scumread by almost everyone? That doesn't seem very noble or townie to me. It all feels like poor acting and I fault Morph a bit for saying they liked his energy. Energy is the easiest emotion to fake and I would even say his energy is excessive. We agree to disagree unless my points compel you to think otherwise. It's not a masterstroke of a read but I'm not expecting to get great hits on D1. This is why I'm OK with killing off T3/Dannflor still because T3 was playing at low equity and that is where my priorities lie.
Unwnd I think you were missing on what I was trying to do
What was that exactly?
Less so trying to defend t3 more so trying to call out morph for lying about a T3 scumread
|

They..lied about it? Did I miss where you made this clear? Feel free to reiterate
Sorry bad way to explain it.
More like ffery has a slef exclaimed great t3 meta read and I did too. I thought t3 was fitting what I thought of town t3 perfectly here so it didn’t make sense for town morph to vote him at all. Then when I did research into it my meta read on him wasn’t as good as I thought
Im a dog that quacks
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:49 am

Post by unwnd »

But morph is still scum despite this? Sounds like you came to terms but you're still holding them accountable for ??? reasons
Stop
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:51 am

Post by WhemeStar »

No they’re not
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:51 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Sorry I’m bad at explaining things

I no longer thing morph is scum
Im a dog that quacks
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:52 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1229, WhemeStar wrote:Sorry I’m bad at explaining things

I no longer thing morph is scum
This a comedy bit then?
Taco Hemingway
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Taco Hemingway
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:52 am

Post by Taco Hemingway »

wheme is town
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:52 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1150, Cephrir wrote:morph the cat (1) | WhemeStar
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:52 am

Post by WhemeStar »

When I say they lied I’m takkkng about in past tense when they called out t3 for being scum
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:52 am

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 1232, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1150, Cephrir wrote:morph the cat (1) | WhemeStar
Dude idc about my votes
Im a dog that quacks
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:52 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1226, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 1024, unwnd wrote:This is another large theme game where I find trust very hard to find. I think my problem stems from the fact that maybe I respect others too much. Petapan, Morph the Cat, Kakeguri, Lukewarm. You know the people I was talking about being deliberate/meaningful. I respect their aptitude but it's not clicking here. Is this the fault with me or is it just multiball/D1 jitters where you can't really produce a coherent list given that you have a lot of fucking distancing going on. I'm not ready to trust given there are two factions that could try to kill me and the last multiball game I ended up with two shots in the chest. Lucky me.

I think if I were to seperate these 4 however in terms of readability over time it'd be something like Lukewarm -> Kakeguri -> Morph -> Peta. Peta takes great pride in his scumgame and likes trying different shit out. Morph probably is flexible as well. I like their content but that doesn't equate to trust. If you're tired of hearing me throw that word around get used to it. I think the terminology Cabd enjoys using is a pass. I would maybe given Peta/Morph a pass beyond D1 but that's likely guaranteed because they are not scum that dies D1. My efforts are more focused on killing low equity wolves/mafia and then seeing how potential bigshots who are aligned with them react to it.

I think right now Whemey is scum. Gut feelings resided by his chauvinistic behavior. Whemey is not exactly the knight who leads a bunch of mercenaries into battle for a noble cause. He's more of a self-proclaimed hero who tries to rout out evil when he sees it. Yet why was he was operating differently and trying to get people to join his cause? And on who exactly? T3? The person who is ubiquitously scumread by almost everyone? That doesn't seem very noble or townie to me. It all feels like poor acting and I fault Morph a bit for saying they liked his energy. Energy is the easiest emotion to fake and I would even say his energy is excessive. We agree to disagree unless my points compel you to think otherwise. It's not a masterstroke of a read but I'm not expecting to get great hits on D1. This is why I'm OK with killing off T3/Dannflor still because T3 was playing at low equity and that is where my priorities lie.
What was that exactly?
Less so trying to defend t3 more so trying to call out morph for lying about a T3 scumread
|

They..lied about it? Did I miss where you made this clear? Feel free to reiterate
More like ffery has a slef exclaimed great t3 meta read and I did too. I thought t3 was fitting what I thought of town t3 perfectly here so it didn’t make sense for town morph to vote him at all. Then when I did research into it my meta read on him wasn’t as good as I thought
It wasn't really a meta read except inasmuch as every read I develop takes into account what I know about the player from other games. My concerns are very much grounded in T3's play in this game.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:53 am

Post by unwnd »

Gonna look harder at your slot tonight. Few others as well, then I may or may not drop a wall. Where else are you thinking scum is besides Dann?
Stop
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:53 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Is this ff or cab
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:54 am

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 1236, unwnd wrote:Gonna look harder at your slot tonight. Few others as well, then I may or may not drop a wall. Where else are you thinking scum is besides Dann?
Idk peta is a gut scumread for me
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:54 am

Post by WhemeStar »

I don’t think I will try to read ircher slot until later on during game
Im a dog that quacks
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:55 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1237, WhemeStar wrote:Is this ff or cab
We've both posted in the last few minutes. Which post are you asking about?
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:56 am

Post by WhemeStar »

I may just give morph my RC treatment
Im a dog that quacks
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:56 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1219, Celestial Powerhouse wrote:
In post 1216, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1170, Celestial Powerhouse wrote:
In post 1152, Lukewarm wrote:My pool of slots I am wary of are: Morph, Unwnd, Titus, Ydra, Dann
Im really concerned with the fact that Lukewarm's scum pool is all power players actually.

I think this means that lukewarm is either getting paranoid as town
or he is scum who is afraid of the influence they might have.

I see the latter more likely because he's a good player and I respect his game. I feel like he wouldn't let paranoia get the best of him here.

another thing is that I'm not a fan of one other person. this was something I was thinking for quite a while but I just forgot what their name was. I'll be back but need to put this here so I dont procrastinate and end up forgetting completely.

-Mister Ocean
The more I think about this post, the more nonsensical it is to me.

They present 2 possibilities for my position which are basically:

I am paranoid town, or
I am paranoid scum

And end with the conclusion "he's a good player and I respect his game. I feel like he wouldn't let paranoia get the best of him" and that somehow leaves them saying I am scum
No such thing as paranoid scum(minus mech). Scum would be worried that powerful town players would steamroll them. You could be paranoid town but I think your town game is stronger than that. You're also just purposefully twisting the meaning of my posts.

-Mister Ocean
I guess we have different definitions of paranoid then.

Because, I would describe "he is scum who is afraid of the influence they might have." as being paranoid.

And also not really lining up with the reality of my posts. Like, I am scum afraid of town!Morph, so I ---- refused to give them a mutual town read.
Ditto for Unwnd. (whose list was not explicitly town->scum, but I feel like he put me in a pretty favorable position nonetheless)

If anything, pointing them out and saying I don't trust them (or, as you thought I was saying, calling them scum) seems like the faster way to draw their attention to me (or getting them to night kill me if they are the opposite scum team).

----------

What I was mainly trying to point out that you reduced the possibilities to exactly 2 options, discounted 1, and ended on that must mean that I am scummy.

You never even listed the possibility that I could be town with genuine concerns for the slots. Do you really think that there is no reason for me to be wary of those slots right now?

Basically, it did not feel like you were trying to understand my stance, but more like you just wanted to frame my stance as scummy.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:56 am

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 1235, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1226, WhemeStar wrote:

What was that exactly?
|

It wasn't really a meta read except inasmuch as every read I develop takes into account what I know about the player from other games. My concerns are very much grounded in T3's play in this game.
This post
Im a dog that quacks
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:57 am

Post by morph the cat »

That's a ffery post.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:00 am

Post by unwnd »

In post 1238, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 1236, unwnd wrote:Gonna look harder at your slot tonight. Few others as well, then I may or may not drop a wall. Where else are you thinking scum is besides Dann?
Townreads then? Just give me something with more meat. I don't need a paragraph.
Stop
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:03 am

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 1244, morph the cat wrote:That's a ffery post.
Ffery was your t3 read in unwnd’s game a meta read
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:04 am

Post by WhemeStar »

In post 1245, unwnd wrote:
In post 1238, WhemeStar wrote:
Townreads then? Just give me something with more meat. I don't need a paragraph.
Uhm Anya is obv town compared to the game you modded.

I like kakeguri addicts

Oh kazyan read list gave me scum pings but I’m not sure why. It seemed faked/forged to me I guess.

Sorry I’m bad at putting meat on my posts
Im a dog that quacks
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:05 am

Post by WhemeStar »

I do think though I can read ircher fairly well though even though I always seem to scumread Titus so I can’t wait for that to unfold.

I hate reading hydras though.
Im a dog that quacks
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:05 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1246, WhemeStar wrote:
In post 1244, morph the cat wrote:That's a ffery post.
Ffery was your t3 read in unwnd’s game a meta read
It was a Shea read. When Anya flipped scum, my Shea read went scum. T3 inherited the slot, but by then Cabd and I had our solve and we were pushing all our scumreads, including T3.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”