Open 820: The Siege of Aurelia — Game Over!

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:53 am

Post by skitter30 »

I would probably prefer gate if all else is equal but people tend to have strong feeling abt where to put me
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:54 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I really don't care where I end up.
<(") | (")>
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:55 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

I think T3 is scum and skitter is buddying me so he can be scum too, but skitter seems like a popular read. Implosion also scummy I think.

Penguin is waiting for someone to send him somewhere, indicating to me he either isn't confident in his assessment of the setup, or is baiting as town, or is just scum looking for townpoints

Unwind, what do you make of me going to Gate this early? You asked someone if they're alright with it
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

Falco Apologist | woo Magi
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

*she
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:56 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 148, T3 wrote:VOTE: Keep
Let's get the ball rolling.
Running away I see. Penguin, get his ass
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:59 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Sorry skitter
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:01 am

Post by catboi »

In post 134, skitter30 wrote:
In post 126, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 123, skitter30 wrote:Ssbm how would u rate ur scumgame? What do u think ur strengths are as scum?
My strengths are bussing convincingly, my weaknesses are being tmi and I sometimes have a hard time staying motivated as scum
Thanks!

Tbh i'm kinda having a hard time seeing u come after t3 this hard as scum
Well, see, my problem with the whole approach is that kyouko seems to be basing her read entirely on whether T3 submits to her, and I don't find the way she's executing it to look like a genuine attempt to read into T3's alignment. If she had gotten an early townread on him and wanted him to go to the gate, that would be understandable. If the proposed plan had been an attempt to gauge his alignment by how he reacted to it. But that doesn't quite seem to be what's going on. Instead, the approach she's seems solely geared toward attempting to intimidate him into going to a location that is, frankly, unoptimal for him. It doesn't look like there's any attempt to genuinely read into T3's alignment off what he's saying, and instead just attack him - is particularly noxious in that regard.

Were this a regular game, I could maybe see it as an attempt to pressure him but in this setup that doesn't really work, and the approach here makes more sense as either trying to make T3 an elimmable suspect on day 2 or pit him against implosion based on his existing stated suspicions - I'm not sure why as town you'd actively try to get 2 scumreads into a location with you but it makes great sense as scum if you believe one will surefire vote the other. I'm struggling to see much of any of it as town motivated play.
In post 145, unwnd wrote:No strong opinions of any posts here, which may be troublesome if the clock keeps ticking down. Are people afraid of making stances? Are they simply waiting for something to happen? I don't mean to be hypocritical but I don't have enough to generate a wall.
It's...barely over 24 hours into Day 1? Why the impatience?
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:03 am

Post by catboi »

I didn't have the chance to say it but I do think T3 being at the keep is optimal.

I have some tentative good feelings on certain people but nothing I particularly feel like mentioning right now.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:04 am

Post by T3 »

I agree with catboi's point about kyo. I'm realy not sure about her. Her reasons for scumreading me are bad but I agree with hr implosion read [not the reasoning behind it] and Dunn.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:05 am

Post by catboi »

Well, I feel okay about penguin, as much as one can feel decent about him this early into a game.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:17 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 156, catboi wrote:
In post 134, skitter30 wrote:
In post 126, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 123, skitter30 wrote:Ssbm how would u rate ur scumgame? What do u think ur strengths are as scum?
My strengths are bussing convincingly, my weaknesses are being tmi and I sometimes have a hard time staying motivated as scum
Thanks!

Tbh i'm kinda having a hard time seeing u come after t3 this hard as scum
Well, see, my problem with the whole approach is that kyouko seems to be basing her read entirely on whether T3 submits to her, and I don't find the way she's executing it to look like a genuine attempt to read into T3's alignment. If she had gotten an early townread on him and wanted him to go to the gate, that would be understandable. If the proposed plan had been an attempt to gauge his alignment by how he reacted to it. But that doesn't quite seem to be what's going on. Instead, the approach she's seems solely geared toward attempting to intimidate him into going to a location that is, frankly, unoptimal for him. It doesn't look like there's any attempt to genuinely read into T3's alignment off what he's saying, and instead just attack him - is particularly noxious in that regard.

Were this a regular game, I could maybe see it as an attempt to pressure him but in this setup that doesn't really work, and the approach here makes more sense as either trying to make T3 an elimmable suspect on day 2 or pit him against implosion based on his existing stated suspicions - I'm not sure why as town you'd actively try to get 2 scumreads into a location with you but it makes great sense as scum if you believe one will surefire vote the other. I'm struggling to see much of any of it as town motivated play.
In post 145, unwnd wrote:No strong opinions of any posts here, which may be troublesome if the clock keeps ticking down. Are people afraid of making stances? Are they simply waiting for something to happen? I don't mean to be hypocritical but I don't have enough to generate a wall.
It's...barely over 24 hours into Day 1? Why the impatience?
You're misunderstanding what is going on. I think regardless of his alignment, T3 should be in the Gate. You disagree with that, I know, as you said scum!you salivates at the prospect of ICing town!T3

The way I see it, town!T3 is good at the gate with me because either I will be ICed or swapped, or he will be ICed or swapped. If he is ICed, I think he will be able to see this is my towngame, and we will win at Gate. That was my ideal world. If I am ICed, I'll get to play the whole game after Gate ends, and I think I can read him, so I think this is also protown

If T3 is scum, which I think he is, not because he didn't come to gate right away, but because of his overreactions, then if we can get another scum into Gate with me and T3, then scum is FORCED to switch with the Gate in some way, and forcing scum to switch with the gate is optimal.

Why is it optimal? The gate is the best game to flip first because the IC gets stumped. Which means if scum switches between the keep and the wall, we will get no info on the swapped players if we finish gate first. We want to finish the Gate first. We can also make scum swap.with Gate if 3 town fill it. Now that T3 has gone to keep, I dont want scumreads in Gate.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

limited access until tuesday
Show
Hiatus once more.

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:23 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 156, catboi wrote:Were this a regular game, I could maybe see it as an attempt to pressure him but in this setup that doesn't really work, and the approach here makes more sense as either trying to make T3 an elimmable suspect on day 2 or pit him against implosion based on his existing stated suspicions - I'm not sure why as town you'd actively try to get 2 scumreads into a location with you but it makes great sense as scum if you believe one will surefire vote the other. I'm struggling to see much of any of it as town motivated play.
Say for arguments sake I am scum, and I want town!T3 and town!Implosion in there with me. I'm going to have to IC one of them, and if i forced them both into the keep with me, is the IC really going to vote the other one over me? Keep in mind I sr both of them, so the ICed one would have reason to be thinking very critically about my motivation for bringing them both into Gate.

I dont think you've really thought this through from both perspectives. You should probably join T3.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:28 am

Post by T3 »

In post 162, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 156, catboi wrote:Were this a regular game, I could maybe see it as an attempt to pressure him but in this setup that doesn't really work, and the approach here makes more sense as either trying to make T3 an elimmable suspect on day 2 or pit him against implosion based on his existing stated suspicions - I'm not sure why as town you'd actively try to get 2 scumreads into a location with you but it makes great sense as scum if you believe one will surefire vote the other. I'm struggling to see much of any of it as town motivated play.
Say for arguments sake I am scum, and I want town!T3 and town!Implosion in there with me. I'm going to have to IC one of them, and if i forced them both into the keep with me, is the IC really going to vote the other one over me? Keep in mind I sr both of them, so the ICed one would have reason to be thinking very critically about my motivation for bringing them both into Gate.

I dont think you've really thought this through from both perspectives. You should probably join T3.
Yeah but you can swap.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:32 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 163, T3 wrote:
In post 162, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:

Yeah but you can swap.
Guess what happens if scum!me swaps? Gate flips first, and I get confirmed to be scum in another running minigame if I swapped out of gate with flipped scum, which I would have to if you and implosion are both town.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:35 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

So t3 and catboi are both not thinking through what actually happens if I'm scum. Almost as if they know I'm not (:
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:43 am

Post by T3 »

Theoretically you could swap one of me or implosion with someone else. If implosion is scum I don't think you're scum.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:46 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 166, T3 wrote:Theoretically you could swap one of me or implosion with someone else. If implosion is scum I don't think you're scum.
I could, but then it's still pro-town: Gate flips first and the IC still gets to help the other 2 games.
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:49 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

Also if you have a not teamed read on implosion and I then why would you not want to come to Gate with us?
P,
Polarized!
I,
Intelligent!
N,
Never wrong!
K,
Kyouko!

T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:55 am

Post by T3 »

Better question: Why not someone else? Your assumption rests entirely that I'm limbait and townread you?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:55 am

Post by implosion »

In post 164, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Guess what happens if scum!me swaps? Gate flips first, and I get confirmed to be scum in another running minigame if I swapped out of gate with flipped scum, which I would have to if you and implosion are both town.
Don't think this is how the setup works.

At this point I actually feel townish on both T3 and ssbm, moreso on T3.

I think catboi could be scum.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:05 am

Post by implosion »

My townish pile is similar to skitter's actually, but dropping the "maybe" on unwnd and swapping catboi for Penguin.

I don't know how to read dunnstral at all though.
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:06 am

Post by T3 »

In post 171, implosion wrote:My townish pile is similar to skitter's actually, but dropping the "maybe" on unwnd and swapping catboi for Penguin.

I don't know how to read dunnstral at all though.
If he's active then he's town.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:20 am

Post by Dannflor »