M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:50 am

Post by M4yhem »

Armlx- Crazy is fine? That's not much of a reason.

Fos:Battousai
because you looked like you were backpedaling during that exchange with Armlx. I can't believe you thought 'I'll list Iron Man as a lurker even though he flaked, to catch Armlx out.' That doesn't seem natural.

You also missed Twomz off your list, even though his behaviour is far more typical of an actual lurker than TSS, who's done some analysis.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:14 am

Post by armlx »

Crazy is pretty much pulling the definition of scummy lurking here. Posting elsewhere on site, saying he will post here and not, not a lot of content.

The lack of Twomz on the list is interesting, and I've already explained my discontent with Twomz, though I realize he does that early lurking thing a lot. The main issue with him is his pushing of a BS case.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:10 am

Post by alvinz95 »

Prod received.

These few days, I have not been motivated to play mafia with time and effort rather just relax and post a comment or 2 (check my latest posts for examples). So, I'm just going to be relaxing for the rest of the game.

A deadline is nearing and I much rather go with an explosion than none, so expect a vote change if nothing happens. Crazy is my 2nd suspect anyway.
Is back.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:09 am

Post by the silent speaker »

Limited access due to Jewish holidays. Fussbudget internet does not help.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Acknowledging prod. Will post later tonight after girlfriend drags me to some sort of second-hand store.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Crazy »

armlx wrote:Crazy is pretty much pulling the definition of scummy lurking here. Posting elsewhere on site, saying he will post here and not, not a lot of content.
I agree with this. Upgrading this game a couple of priority spots.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Crazy »

Here's the results of my reread of the first ten pages, which I did... just now. I'll reread the rest another day. If these 10 pages were all I had, I'd support an alvinz lynch first, and a Coron lynch second.
Unvote, Vote Alvinz
just so my opinion is clear.

Page 1: Mainly DGB-BM banter... nothing real scummy. Small mark on Forbiddan for regretting the night-kill (
Mark grows smaller as I read on, noticing several

other players doing this
)

Page 2: Jex actually knows what she signed up for! (#27) Way-to-conspicuous question from Iron Man in #30; was what I had brought up before. A bunch of

randomness

Page 3: I don't get the purpose of BM's question in #50. Armlx is too serious. I don't see anything that's "feigned ignorance" about Batt's #59. Especially if you notice

people that are showing more "feigned ignorance" than Batt. I think Forbiddan's #65 was actually a real question, and she just hadn't thought about how pointless it

was before she posted. Alvinz's #69 and Batt's #71 aren't bad either, because that stuff wasn't explicitly said in the rules.

Page 4: Useless Iron Man comment (#75). Tar's IIoA vote on Forbiddan (#83) is... odd. I'm thinking he was half-joking. BM's post #88 is incorrect, since as the

game goes on, the scum will base their bomb targets on game information, not on meta. Good post by M4yhem in #91. Max's #94 asks a bunch of questions that

already have been asked, but I think it notes more that he just didn't read the game yet. M4yhem is a good mediator between BM and armlx. (#99)

Page 5: #100 shows Max
definitely
didn't read. Coron's #105 is pure crap. I'm surprised that DoS ignored it. I have no idea why I voted Max in #109 (not

thinking), and I'm not sure how I was home at 1:44 PM Thursday either. #111 is a good post by Haschel. Terrible explanation by Coron in #112. Armlx

AGREES
in #114?! BM is right in #115 and #124.

Page 6: Stupid post by me in #126. BM is still right (wow). Coron backs off of his M4yhem FoS. M4yhem's questioning is good. Coron's #137 actually eases my

suspicion of him slightly, since it shows that his comment was intended to be minuscule. Armlx seems to have a "give the scum no information" outlook. This is kind of

pointless; anytime we post any suspicions, we're giving the scum information. But in the long run, more information will help the town. (Also, by the middle of this

page, the BM/Coron argument is getting rather pointless)

Page 7: Coron's #158 is a good attitude towards lurkers. Between that and M4yhem's #99, that's my opinion. Forbiddan's #160 gives me a town vibe. DGB's

attitude towards bussing makes me laugh (#162), and she does a good job of avoiding tunnel vision. BM continues to own this game, although I disagree in #174 that

a Max-kill is a good idea. Also, you
can
get information from a lurker-lynch, as long as it's not done immediately as the Day dawns. (You know I"ll cite

M4yhem's #99 again)

Page 8: Respone to Armlx's #177: The people who support or oppose the policy lynch is information. Batt's #194 is either a sign of scum or lack-of-interest. DoS's

#198 is okay.

Page 9: I'm surprised Armlx agrees with DoS, since DoS favored killing a lurker, pretty much. What the? Alvinz didn't read the sign-up rules? (#219) Who doesn't

read the sign-up rules when they join a large theme?! I don't know how I missed that post before. First post that I've seen by Twomz (#224)... and he has an

apathetic tone.

Page 10: That is not a contradiction that Armlx pointed out in #225. I agree with most of TSS's opinions in #226, except perhaps the Max-blow-up. I can't say I

agree with IIoA this early in the game, but now I'm surprised Tar still got blown up after #229. BM's post #248 is... stupid.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Very hypocritical. You vote me saying that "your opinion will become clear" and that after the "reread" I have counted, 1.....2.... yep thats it 2 GOD DAMN POINTS ABOUT ME (and they include, "ok post" and "didn't read the sign-up rules" and again, the sign-up rules tells me nothing). That supports your argument so much. Obviously a blatant attempt to hop the wagon.
Is back.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Rereading, I actually like K7's play.

I'm starting to sour on Battousi, but not because of 861. I think his question to armlx was an okay question, and armlx gave an acceptable answer. Batt's post right after that, though, implying some sort of elaborate trap seem off; I like laying traps for people as much as the next guy, but I don't see how that was planned. M4yhem described it as backpedalling, and I don't think I could come up with an apter verb.

Crazy looks worse and worse to me, and alvinz makes an excellent point in 882.

Pokerface looks good.

I'm still on Crazy, and after him my list goes Battousi, Max, everybody else.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Actually, I dislike alvinz' reaction (feels panicky I guess), but I don't really like how Crazy is stepping up. Something REALLY feels off about the 10 page analysis. Especially voting off it with 26 pages to go. What happens if your computer explodes or something? A bit extreme, but I'd personally think it wise to hold off a vote til you finished your analysis.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by armlx »

2 words.

Self.

Preservation.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:12 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

springlullaby replaces Iron Man
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:31 pm

Post by TDC »

Crazy (4) : Pokerface, Haschel Cedricson, forbiddanlight, armlx

alvinz95 (3) : Max, Battle Mage, M4yhem, Crazy
killa seven (2) : killa seven, Twomz
springlullaby (1): springlullaby
Battousai (1) : DragonsofSummer
armlx (1) : Battousai
DragonsofSummer (1) : the silent speaker
Jex (1) : Jex
the silent speaker (1) : Coron
Max (1) : alvinz95

Deadline: Sunday, October 5th 12:00 CET. (Two days, 90 minutes)
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:31 pm

Post by TDC »

Uh, alvinz has 4 votes obviously, not 3.
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Got the prod, catching up will post tomorrow.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:32 am

Post by springlullaby »

Hi guys, I'm Iron Man's replacement (probably off to rehab, again), I'll do my best.

Haven't read everything yet, will have it done in under 2 days.

Unvote
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:22 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

IceManE replaces Jex
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:46 am

Post by icemanE »

So, since there's no lynching in this setup, I'm only gonna read the past 5 pages. Deal?

Or should I start from Genesis 1:1?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:15 am

Post by Max »

If you want ice man, but I would suggest that you read the game before the bible
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:30 am

Post by icemanE »

OK, so TDC's got the bomb.

This may have already been discussed, but I feel like lurking is going to be more applicable as a scumtell this game in comparison to others, especially active-lurking. Without the nightkill (correct me if I'm wrong on this - the scum's only power is to give the bomb out, right?) and the lynch, the scum's only chance of being killed is during the daytime, so I get the feeling they'd want to mellow out and fade into the cracks. Chances are the bomber is going to choose the target the town decides is most scummy, so someone who talks a lot has a greater chance of dropping scumtells, and thusly townie corpses may litter the square. So participation, and getting people to participate, seems really important.

To straighten myself out, we're voting for who we want TDC to bomb, right?

I'm going to go with "lurking is a massive scumtell" in this game and
unvote - vote: Crazy

I also really dislike crazy's analysis of the game in his most recent post 881. It looks so standard and mandatory - he hasn't really accomplished anything with it, and he starts with:
Here's the results of my reread of the first ten pages, which I did... just now. I'll reread the rest another day. If these 10 pages were all I had, I'd support an alvinz lynch first, and a Coron lynch second.
To me this just looks like "I reread the first ten pages, here's some bullcrap PBPA for you, look, I'm not lurking!" I'd actually be shocked if he does any more analysis past those ten pages, it looks like a stall to me, just saying "hey guys, i'm working on it, don't lynch me just yet!"
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:50 am

Post by armlx »

To me this just looks like "I reread the first ten pages, here's some bullcrap PBPA for you, look, I'm not lurking!" I'd actually be shocked if he does any more analysis past those ten pages, it looks like a stall to me, just saying "hey guys, i'm working on it, don't lynch me just yet!"
This.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:30 am

Post by springlullaby »

So yeah, I'm not going to read everything in one go because there is too much of it.

Right now:
armlx wrote:
I'd also like to point out to any scum listening that I'm utterly irresponsible and if I had a bomb I'd probably blow someone up within an hour just for looking at me cockeyed.
Mmmmm, pro-town WIFOM.
Armlx is ringing my scumdar, his posting is really dull.
the silent speaker wrote:Reread forthcoming. I would ask Coron why me, but I suspect it has to do with my dereliction for much of last week. (As a side note, I don't think that the posts I
have
made have been contentless, though I believe that charge has been made. I have been taking stances on people; I have just been using other people's logic, and that's because when six pages can sprout in a day, the things I would say have likely been said.)
True lurker: the silent speaker

I don't think jex is/was scum.

vote: armlx, vote: the silent speaker
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:32 am

Post by springlullaby »

Oh yeah, I don't Haschel Cedricson either but I forgot why.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:33 am

Post by armlx »

Armlx is ringing my scumdar, his posting is really dull.
Do you have more then said example that's completely out of context of when it was said?

1 vote only too, multivotes leads to multiple wagons spiraling out of control at once, which is bad.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:35 am

Post by M4yhem »

Mmmm, fresh meat.

Spring lullaby, does dull mean scummy, in your experience? How does being dull help scum?
icemanE wrote:So, since there's no lynching in this setup, I'm only gonna read the past 5 pages. Deal?
I'll give you a better deal; just read through Crazy's, Alvinz and K7's posts and tell us if they are scum and why.

Deadline's a coming. You can read the rest of the game during night.
Haschel Cedricson wrote:Rereading, I actually like K7's play.
Y..You what?

I mean, you think he's protown, okay, but you LIKE his play? :cry:

I enjoyed Crazy's analysis, mainly because it was very flattering, but I agree he needs to justify his vote for Alvinz a little more. It looks like it's just a bid for survival otherwise (of course, townies try to survive too.)

Alvinz sounds angry. I'm not sure if it's righteous indignation or 'damn, they caught me' anger.

Happy Rosh Hashanah, TSS.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”