springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:24 am

Post by springlullaby »

armlx wrote:
Armlx is ringing my scumdar, his posting is really dull.
Do you have more then said example that's completely out of context of when it was said?

1 vote only too, multivotes leads to multiple wagons spiraling out of control at once, which is bad.
I could have quoted any or all your posts, I think you've been particularly noncommittal all game, only adding little comment left and right but nothing really exciting or inquisitive. I remember you as a more incisive player, both as town and scum, so your play so far is intriguing to me. And I'm leaning scum to explain the change of play style - because in this setting you wouldn't want to offense anyone if you were scum. What do you think?

Also, I choose that quote because I think it's totally scummy, I don't think anyone goes genuinely 'Mmm' in their head ;) Plus little comment like that just rub me the wrong way. Although it's true I read really fast, so maybe I missed the 'context', could you please remind me of it?
1 vote only too, multivotes leads to multiple wagons spiraling out of control at once, which is bad.
ok,
fos armlx
fos tss

@Mayhem - dull profit to scum because it is akin to staying under the radar. And staying under the radar definitively profit scum, especially in a setting like this. What do you think

Also I reread Crazy, I think he does looks quite scummy, especially because he doesn't seem to follow on any of his votes.

vote Crazy
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:44 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

alvinz95 wrote:Prod received.

These few days, I have not been motivated to play mafia with time and effort rather just relax and post a comment or 2 (check my latest posts for examples). So, I'm just going to be relaxing for the rest of the game.

A deadline is nearing and I much rather go with an explosion than none, so expect a vote change if nothing happens. Crazy is my 2nd suspect anyway.
unvote vote Alvinz95
This post says I am going to intentionally lurk in plain sight for the rest of the game. I feel like he might as well have just hopped up and down screaming I am scum blow me up...
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

DragonsofSummer wrote:
alvinz95 wrote:Prod received.

These few days, I have not been motivated to play mafia with time and effort rather just relax and post a comment or 2 (check my latest posts for examples). So, I'm just going to be relaxing for the rest of the game.

A deadline is nearing and I much rather go with an explosion than none, so expect a vote change if nothing happens. Crazy is my 2nd suspect anyway.
unvote vote Alvinz95
This post says I am going to intentionally lurk in plain sight for the rest of the game. I feel like he might as well have just hopped up and down screaming I am scum blow me up...
If you read it carefully, I said I'm going to post short comments for ALL the games on in, and NOT lurk.
Is back.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by Crazy »

What the heck? You guys get on by back to contribute and NOW YOU ARE VOTING ME SINCE I DID?!!!!!! That's bogus? What would I do as town? NOT CONTRIBUTE WHEN SOMEONE ASKS ME TO?!!!!

Yeah, I'll do more analysis later. Do you think my vote is gonna cause a hammer, guys? If I didn't vote, I'm sure you'd find THAT suspicious TOO!

Alvinz, why the heck did you sign up for a large theme game without reading the rules? NOBODY DOES THAT!!!!!!! You are lying. So
that
is why I think you are scum.
That
is why I voted Iron Man in the first place, and
that
is why I am voting you.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

What the heck? You guys get on by back to contribute and NOW YOU ARE VOTING ME SINCE I DID?!!!!!! That's bogus? What would I do as town? NOT CONTRIBUTE WHEN SOMEONE ASKS ME TO?!!!!
Strawman. Your contribution was bullshit

Yeah, I'll do more analysis later. Do you think my vote is gonna cause a hammer, guys? If I didn't vote, I'm sure you'd find THAT suspicious TOO!
You have 2 days. Later isn't your luxury

Alvinz, why the heck did you sign up for a large theme game without reading the rules? NOBODY DOES THAT!!!!!!! You are lying. So that is why I think you are scum. That is why I voted Iron Man in the first place, and that is why I am voting you.
I would! I tend to be remiss about rule reading unless something important seems to be in them.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Crazy »

forbiddan wrote:Strawman. Your contribution was bullshit
Yeah, so I'm crap at mafia. I did a page-by-page analysis and I came up with a couple suspicions. Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?
forbiddan wrote:You have 2 days. Later isn't your luxury
Sorry, I had no idea about the deadline until just now. I'll do my best and (hopefully) come up with some more stuff tomorrow.
forbiddan wrote:I would! I tend to be remiss about rule reading unless something important seems to be in them.
I don't mean the
rules
, as in deadlines/prods/votes/whatever. I mean, do you sign up for a game without even knowing what it's about at all? When you signed up for this game, you didn't think "Oh, that sounds like a cool idea, /in" or did you think you were signing up for Bad Idea, or Lights Out?
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Crazy wrote:What the heck? You guys get on by back to contribute and NOW YOU ARE VOTING ME SINCE I DID?!!!!!! That's bogus? What would I do as town? NOT CONTRIBUTE WHEN SOMEONE ASKS ME TO?!!!!

Alvinz, why the heck did you sign up for a large theme game without reading the rules? NOBODY DOES THAT!!!!!!! You are lying. So
that
That
that
is why I am voting you.
Omg panic attack!

As again stated: All there was for the "rules" was, scum give townie a bomb and townie blows up shit, not much!

Again stating: Your whole case is that I asked 1-2 questions on how the game works, which is totally scummy. And no Iron Man didn't ask a question about the game, which means YOU are lying.

I've had enough. Ridiculous play, lying about me lying, talking about something long clarified before, and hopping on my wagon with little basis. And active lurking.

Unvote, Vote: Crazy
Is back.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

forbiddanlight wrote:
Strawman. Your contribution was bullshit

You have 2 days. Later isn't your luxury

Alvinz, why the heck did you sign up for a large theme game without reading the rules? NOBODY DOES THAT!!!!!!! You are lying. So that is why I think you are scum. That is why I voted Iron Man in the first place, and that is why I am voting you.
I would! I tend to be remiss about rule reading unless something important seems to be in them.
QFT all.
Is back.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Crazy »

alvinz95 wrote:
Crazy wrote:What the heck? You guys get on by back to contribute and NOW YOU ARE VOTING ME SINCE I DID?!!!!!! That's bogus? What would I do as town? NOT CONTRIBUTE WHEN SOMEONE ASKS ME TO?!!!!

that
That
that
is why I am voting you.
Omg panic attack!

As again stated: All there was for the "rules" was, scum give townie a bomb and townie blows up shit, not much!

Again stating: Your whole case is that I asked 1-2 questions on how the game works, which is totally scummy. And no Iron Man didn't ask a question about the game, which means YOU are lying.

I've had enough. Ridiculous play, lying about me lying, talking about something long clarified before, and hopping on my wagon with little basis. And active lurking.

A panic attack is either real, in which case it's town, or it's faked, in which case it's scum. Scum don't have panic attacks.

So you think I shouldn't vote you because you only posted 1 or 2 times in my analysis? Huh? Is that what you're saying?

Iron Man did ask a question. Why the heck would I vote him if I didn't. Read his ___ing posts.

I had no idea you were being wagoned. I was under the impression that Batt was the wagon.

You don't think that
you're
active lurking?

I'm mad. Because if I had lurked the rest of the day, I wouldn't be lynched. Now I will be.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Crazy »

Smash my computer monitor against Alvinz's head
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Crazy wrote:Yeah, so I'm crap at mafia. I did a page-by-page analysis and I came up with a couple suspicions. Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?
Not when your page-by-page analysis only covers the first third of the game.
Alvinz wrote:And no Iron Man didn't ask a question about the game, which means YOU are lying.
Actually, Iron Man's second post is asking if there are lynches or not. Crazy is correct here.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Crazy »

Haschel wrote:Not when your page-by-page analysis only covers the first third of the game.
That took me over an hour, for your information. I don't have time to spend my whole day playing mafia.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Crazy wrote:
alvinz95 wrote:

that
That
that
is why I am voting you.
Omg panic attack!

A panic attack is either real, in which case it's town, or it's faked, in which case it's scum. Scum don't have panic attacks.

So you think I shouldn't vote you because you only posted 1 or 2 times in my analysis? Huh? Is that what you're saying?

Iron Man did ask a question. Why the heck would I vote him if I didn't. Read his ___ing posts.

I had no idea you were being wagoned. I was under the impression that Batt was the wagon.

You don't think that
you're
active lurking?

I'm mad. Because if I had lurked the rest of the day, I wouldn't be lynched. Now I will be.
1. Town people don't have "panic" attacks they have "frustration" attacks. Scum panic when they finally get called upon for being scummy, while townies get frustrated.

2. Yes, isn't that obvious?

3. Ok, so I was wrong, sorry.

4. Really? Thats why there were 2 votecounts before your vote. Either you're lying or way behind in the speed of the game.

5. No, take a look at my recent posts. I took a short break from mafia for a day or 2, and my internet has been crappy.
Is back.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:47 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Crazy wrote:
forbiddan wrote:Strawman. Your contribution was bullshit
Yeah, so I'm crap at mafia. I did a page-by-page analysis and I came up with a couple suspicions. Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?
forbiddan wrote:You have 2 days. Later isn't your luxury
Sorry, I had no idea about the deadline until just now. I'll do my best and (hopefully) come up with some more stuff tomorrow.
forbiddan wrote:I would! I tend to be remiss about rule reading unless something important seems to be in them.
I don't mean the
rules
, as in deadlines/prods/votes/whatever. I mean, do you sign up for a game without even knowing what it's about at all? When you signed up for this game, you didn't think "Oh, that sounds like a cool idea, /in" or did you think you were signing up for Bad Idea, or Lights Out?
Well, I kinda have this weird obsession with being in as many games that slightly pique my interest as possible. Explosions pique my interest. So, I was like "Cool, /in". Didn't really care much about the specifics. In fact, Vengeful Mafia (Open 92) is a VERY good example of me not paying any attention to specific rules.

And I'm crap at mafia too. Why do you think I tend to get lynched? Eventually you pick up a few good moves. (Of course, I'm REALLY weird in how my play has evolved here. After a few ongoings end I'm going to have one freaking weird meta)

I almost buy the deadline thing, though you kinda preach a lot about reading rules to have missed that.

I don't like alvinz QFTing me to be honest, but I tend to be paranoid.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

1. Town people don't have "panic" attacks they have "frustration" attacks. Scum panic when they finally get called upon for being scummy, while townies get frustrated.
I panic more often when under suspicion as town than scum it seems. Mostly experience from other sites, though my town meta here supports this as well. I don't agree with this, but this is personal experience more than anything concrete.
-StrangerCoug

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Crazy »

Forbiddan, about the rules thing, I'm less suspicious of you than of alvinz, since IIRC your question had at least some merit, while Alvinz said that he didn't read the rules at all.
forbiddanlight wrote:

I panic more often when under suspicion as town than scum it seems. Mostly experience from other sites, though my town meta here supports this as well. I don't agree with this, but this is personal experience more than anything concrete.
I will swear by the fact that I have never had any emotional strain playing as scum. I have faked it, but I've never had it for real.
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by alvinz95 »

Crazy wrote:Forbiddan, about the rules thing, I'm less suspicious of you than of alvinz, since IIRC your question had at least some merit, while Alvinz said that he didn't read the rules at all.
forbiddanlight wrote:

I will swear by the fact that I have never had any emotional strain playing as scum. I have faked it, but I've never had it for real.
Great advice: Read my post before voting me and making claims.

I NEVER, EVER, NEVER, EVER said that I didn't read the rules. I read the rules but they told me NOTHING. Again saying: "Scum gives bomb to townie, townie blows up shit" didn't give me a hint on how this explosion worked. (possibilites could be a lynch and a bombing in the same day, person with the bomb doesn't die, person with the bomb randomly blows up with someone else in the night, etc.)
Is back.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by icemanE »

Alvin seems to be playing a pretty easy hand here with his QFT and vote hop.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Crazy »

alvinz wrote:You're not the bomb... and anyway, I'm not familiar with the "bomb" in mafia, and
I didn't bother to read the sign-up rules.
My vote was in response to that, alvinz. I understand the rules aren't entirely clear, but
that
is what you said.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by Crazy »

Pages 11-20:
, which I'm sure posting this will just get me lynched. Posting the rest of the page-by-page analysis by deadline is my goal.

I started writing this after post #909. Since if I'm going to be lynched, I want to be able to say that I actually put some effort into this game.

Page 11: DGB's assertion that IIoA is WIFOM is ridiculous. Not a bad Max-post (#257). M4yhem sees the light again. BM's spamming again. More apathy from Twomz in #264, and I still don't know what that means. Armlx is correct in #265. BM is full of crap in #272. And more BM vs. Coron garbage.

Page 12: I'm still struck by Forbiddan's #277. Sometimes I find it terribly scummy, and other times it's an appropriate defense. "Slip" discussion is still crap; CORON DID NOT CLAIM SCUM. I don't like how Forbiddan underestimates the ability of votes in #292, and I'm not sure why she thinks Tar is pushing a mislynch on her; she's hardly in the lead of votes as far as I see.

Page 13: I really don't like Batt using "cluttering the thread" as a reason for a vote, but the rest of his post about the hypotheticalness is good (#302). My case on Forbiddan is mediocre, although I knew it at the time; obviously I hadn't actually read or I'd be FoS'ing alvinz instead of Iron Man. And... wow, Forbiddan's #315 is incredibly enlightening about the IIoA when she lists the other players, and is making me reconsider my own opinion. But still, I think alvinz is the worst case of all of those, since he explicitly said that HE DID NOT READ THE SIGN-UP RULES. And I can't see anyone for the life of me not doing that. Batt's last paragraph in #324 = WTH?

(Also, I didn't see anything wrong with DoS's post.)

Page 14: M4yhem went back to the age-old question of "Why would scum bomb DGB" in #326. Why? Also, this is the page where BM thinks I'm Stoofer. :P And... nothing else I find interesting on this page.

Page 15: BAD BATT, asking DGB who should be blown up. He just jumped up a little on my list for that. TDC's case on Coron actually seems a bit weak, but that's pointless now since TDC is confirmed. Alvinz active lurking #359, which is what he's accusing me of doing. He's also accusing me of being hypocritical. How funny. (
To BM: I didn't mean to offend you, btw.
) Cool post by Jex. TSS is sharp and to-the-point; I like him. M4yhem keeps bringing up points against me, which I find to be a town-tell.

Page 16: Terrible Batt post for #375. Continues to question DGB (who's confirmed), and then bandwagons Max, abandoning his suspicion of BM. I have no idea why in the world M4yhem thinks questioning a confirmed townie is a pro-town sign... (it's not; it let's people slide out of making their own cases) #380 is false; DGB isn't going to explode on anybody that asks her a question. Twomz's post #385 shows lack of attention more than scumminess (mainly due to him forgetting DGB's candidates). Max's #390 doesn't sound good, since asking the confirmed townie a question doesn't actually count as contributing.

(Also, I don't get the big point about "Max asks questions that have already been asked. To me, that shows more lack of attention than actual scum-ness.)

Page 17: I still agree with what I said in #406. I can't tell what Coron and DGB are talking about, but I doubt it's useful... M4yhem uses the best incorrect logic I have ever seen in the first point of #409. And... how is Batt semi-cleared? Did I miss something? I can agree with Forbiddan that "woe and alas" is a crap-tell unless if you're playing with newbies. M4yhem voting Coron after saying he was pro-town this whole game rings my scum-dar quite a lot. As for me, I don't really understand what TSS was getting at.

Max's notes are pretty flimsy, yet so are mine, I guess.

And a good post by M4yhem about LAL.

Page 18: Nothing interesting at all. Twomz doesn't like the voting mechanic... so he votes for all of the four...

Page 19: Alvinz's post #450 is weak, since Max did post some analysis. Twomz's speech #452 gives me a town vibe, strangely. It just seems... not faked. (Although, I disagree with him) Haschel's post #461 is one of the best so far in the game, mainly for actually questioning the case on Tar. Max's #474 is actually
good
, despite me thinking it was OMGUS earlier.

Page 20: The only thing I have to note is that TDC was at the top of DGB's list, and that's who the scum picked.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by Crazy »

And, although scum-hunting is one motivation for posting that, I believe my abilities as town are absymal compared to most others, so that wasn't the only reason I posted that.

See, the thing that offends me most is when someone accuses me of lurking, and I absolutely won't stand for that. I want to be able to pride myself on being an active, reliable player. One of my goals is to never have to be replaced in a game due to inactivity. So if I'm being lynched, I want it to be for something I
said
, rather than what I didn't say.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ok, here comes the 2 AM (tm) (well, really 1 AM) bad decision.

I'm
Unvote
ing until you finish your analysis. I may regret this come morning. I'm mildly interested to see what happens, and also there's the fact I'm being more swayed by your AtEs.

And you were lurking, dammit. Hell, I have been to an extent.

To be fair, my question was too close to a similar thing that got someone lynched in another game we share. I can see it being scummy.
-StrangerCoug

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

*is here* will post later!
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:24 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Personally I don't like it when people post long ass analysis. I know most scum can't be bothered, but they are just annoying to read.

So, crazy, why don't you post a nice tidy list of your top suspects and the guys you think are town, with reasons you think so, instead?
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:48 pm

Post by TDC »

Crazy (7) : Pokerface, Haschel Cedricson, forbiddanlight, armlx, icemanE, springlullaby, alvinz95

alvinz95 (5) : Max, Battle Mage, M4yhem, Crazy, DragonsofSummer
killa seven (2) : killa seven, Twomz
armlx (1) : Battousai
DragonsofSummer (1) : the silent speaker
the silent speaker (1) : Coron

Deadline: Thursday, October 2nd 12:00 CET. (
bit less than one day
)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”